Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
My mobile i5 CPU is the big bottleneck for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lobsterminator posted:

Of course the online high res scenery streaming will be dropped in 2022 because sales did not meet expectations.

Hopefully some PM can figure out how to make that expense come out of Azure's marketing budget.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

lobsterminator posted:

Well people are still using FSX 14 years after it came out so I'm sure we'll have time to grow into the requirements.

And it still runs like poo poo.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

fsx is such a bad example because nobody ever actually got to run it at max, it just runs like poo poo on everything mostly because it's single thread.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

cool new Metroid game posted:

Some good footage of some bush flying around New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCzOBzciqt0

Lamo I just got that nut

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that landing in the grass loving pwned

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Bush plane flying in VR in msfs is going to be the Thing

I'm literally going to stol in Tokyo and shig

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’m pretty amused, the marketing email alerting me that the preorder is active actually lists Steam FIRST, and then MS Store.

:aaa:

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Wow what a terrible unrealistic game.

The angled turn for N5@28R in ORD isn't in the sim. Also in real life when you're taxing westbound on N you can turn directly onto L without having to transition onto EE but in the sim it looks like you're going to have to do that. 0/10 would not buy.

On a totally unrelated note what's a good cheap joystick for someone who's about to be furloughed from an airline and will want to scratch the flying itch with MSFS? Asking for a friend.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'd certainly like to know what's going on over at Asobo. On one hand, they introduce egregious autopilot bugs (wobbling altitude hold on the TBM, the A320 spazzing like a seesaw trying to fly curves) with the closed beta, and then they surprise announce initial VR support at launch.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

yeah totally weird that your alpha didnt contain every feature they were working on

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1288741123385692160?s=21

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1288751190109454336?s=21

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1288761293651030018?s=21

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'd certainly like to know what's going on over at Asobo. On one hand, they introduce egregious autopilot bugs (wobbling altitude hold on the TBM, the A320 spazzing like a seesaw trying to fly curves) with the closed beta, and then they surprise announce initial VR support at launch.

i dont think the reverb g2 is coming out next month, so it's technically not going to have to be in at launch. The release date for the g2 is 'fall'.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

One retailer for it says it ships in September, but HP hasn't said anything definitive about it.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Any suggestions on who to order a Honeycomb Yoke from? Looking at Amazon, XP Org store, and Honeycomb Direct.

Amazon: Backordered til middle August
XP Org: I'd get points and free shipping
Honeycomb Direct: In stock, possibly no tax?

JayKay fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 30, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m getting all weird and giddy inside looking at this new stuff. It’s all so real looking, it’s genuinely unsettling in a good way.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I’m getting all weird and giddy inside looking at this new stuff. It’s all so real looking, it’s genuinely unsettling in a good way.

im gonna loving find you and flip you off from the skies that's how real it is

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

My mobile i5 CPU is the big bottleneck for me.

this is the perfect excuse to drop a couple of grand on a new computer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

im gonna loving find you and flip you off from the skies that's how real it is

I’m gonna find you first in VR and make vulgar hand gestures Top Gun style!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
New video of all the planes and hand-crafted airports:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZur7caBvM

I know we were making fun of the "big trees" guy earlier but when my city's airport (Orlando) showed up I could immediately tell the trees were way too big.

The people mover actually moves, though, so I'll forgive them.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'm not crazy impressed with the lightning effects. Every single bolt in that vid was just a quick flash and then fade.

No interesting staccato flashes or ripples of lighting that light up the sky for seconds at a time.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm not crazy impressed with the lightning effects. Every single bolt in that vid was just a quick flash and then fade.

No interesting staccato flashes or ripples of lighting that light up the sky for seconds at a time.

agreed, this is revolting and i want my money back

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There better be downbursts and every other interesting part of a thunderstorm modeled!

Actually... they're using real weather right? Could you conceivably storm chase in game like those Oklahoma news choppers?

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Zero One posted:

I know we were making fun of the "big trees" guy earlier but when my city's airport (Orlando) showed up I could immediately tell the trees were way too big.

If you had not pointed this out, I probably never would have noticed. Part of me wants to fly through a forest of redwood-sized palms now though.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

groundpound69 has a video up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHqXYUeNMI

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
The trees are probably oversized to achieve dense coverage with less individual trees for performance reasons or something.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Gasoline posted:

The trees are probably oversized to achieve dense coverage with less individual trees for performance reasons or something.

let's be honest it's probably a sex thing

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gasoline posted:

It probably looked weirdly bare with properly sized trees for reasons of renderers not being real life, so they they just had a TREE_EXAGGERATION_FACTOR and played with it until it looked best.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I do these flight sim role plays where I do real-time 12 hour flights to London and my wife brings me mediocre meals and then I bang her in the closet of my computer room

e: sorry that was supposed to be a pm

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

I do these flight sim role plays where I do real-time 12 hour flights to London and my wife brings me mediocre meals and then I bang her in the closet of my computer room

same but with your mom

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

More Hornet slots, and they're probably adding more Frogfoot slots, which is free. It's fun!

Dineren
Dec 14, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

JayKay posted:

Any suggestions on who to order a Honeycomb Yoke from? Looking at Amazon, XP Org store, and Honeycomb Direct.

Amazon: Backordered til middle August
XP Org: I'd get points and free shipping
Honeycomb Direct: In stock, possibly no tax?

I ordered mine last Thursday from Honeycomb and got it on Tuesday. No tax, but they charged $7.95 for shipping .

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Hell yeah

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Reminds me of how one if the airlines that operates the A380 with the private cabin option had to put out a notice saying "please don't gently caress in these, the walls are super thin and we can all hear you"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I assumed that was the entire point of spending $30k on a plane ticket.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Grumio posted:

Reminds me of how one if the airlines that operates the A380 with the private cabin option had to put out a notice saying "please don't gently caress in these, the walls are super thin and we can all hear you"

Now I get why they cancelled the a380.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

I assumed that was the entire point of spending $30k on a plane ticket.

Especially the part where other people hear you

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

KodiakRS posted:

Wow what a terrible unrealistic game.

The angled turn for N5@28R in ORD isn't in the sim. Also in real life when you're taxing westbound on N you can turn directly onto L without having to transition onto EE but in the sim it looks like you're going to have to do that. 0/10 would not buy.

On a totally unrelated note what's a good cheap joystick for someone who's about to be furloughed from an airline and will want to scratch the flying itch with MSFS? Asking for a friend.

Logitech t16000m / twcs is best bang for bucks I've ever had

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

I got myself one of these (Thrustmaster TCA): http://www.thrustmaster.com/node/9429?destination=505/1

Pretty sure it's just a modified T.16000M, however the construction feels pretty solid and overall it's pretty comfortable. I like it better than the x52 I used to have (only problem I see is that it only has 4 buttons on the stick itself + hat, and one of the buttons is kinda hard to reach. However I think this is more of an issue in combat and space sims, not for MSFS).

Timespy fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Timespy posted:

I got myself one of these (Thrustmaster TCA): http://www.thrustmaster.com/node/9429?destination=505/1

Pretty sure it's just a modified T.16000M, however the construction feels pretty solid and overall it's pretty comfortable. I like it better than the x52 I used to have (only problem I see is that it only has 4 buttons on the stick itself + hat, and one of the buttons is kinda hard to reach. However I think this is more of an issue in combat and space sims, not for MSFS).

I have a vkb stick and a throttle from an old Saitek X55. I'm gonna replace the throttle with the Logitech one and to account for the shortage of buttons I'm gonna build a button box extension for it.

Anytime between now and 2025, in any case