Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Thanks for the 24 hours notice :argh:

quote:

Crunchyroll announced on Thursday that it will remove 77 anime titles from its service on Saturday, August 1. Sentai Filmworks holds the license to all 77 titles.
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
AKB0048
AMNESIA
Aoharu x Machinegun
ARGEVOLLEN
BAKUON!!
Battle Girl High School
Bodacious Space Pirates
Broken Blade
Captain Earth
Celestial Method
ClassicaLoid
CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon
Cuticle Detective Inaba
DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 THE ANIMATION
Dog & Scissors
Dusk maiden of Amnesia
DYNAMIC CHORD
Engaged to the Unidentified
Fantasista Doll
Flip Flappers
Frame Arms Girl
Girlish Number
Girls Beyond the Wasteland
GLASSLIP
Gourmet Girl Graffiti
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Hakuōki
Humanity Has Declined
Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?
KINMOZA! (All Seasons)
La storia della Arcana Famiglia
Long Riders!
Magic of Stella
Magical Play
Magical Warfare
Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls
Mashiro-Iro Symphony
Matoi the Sacred Slayer
MEGANEBU!
Momo Kyun Sword
Momokuri
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Nobunaga The Fool
Norn9
One Week Friends
Phi-Brain - Puzzle of God (All Seasons)
Photo Kano
Queen's Blade: Rebellion
Rail Wars!
Re-Kan!
RIN-NE (All Seasons)
Rozen Maiden
Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen
Sakura Trick
Samurai Bride
Samurai Jam -Bakumatsu Rock-
SHIROBAKO
So, I Can't Play H!
SUPER SONICO THE ANIMATION
Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3
Tari Tari
The Comic Artist and His Assistants
The Dragon Dentist
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
The Severing Crime Edge
Tribe Cool Crew
tsuritama
Un-Go
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
Uta no Prince Sama (All Seasons)
Wakaba Girl
Wish Upon the Pleiades
Wizard Barristers
YUYUSHIKI
Zettai Bōei Leviatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Did the P5 anime have any production issues or something? I know this is the go-to example when people say the P5 anime isn't good but seriously how do you make the all-out attack look like this in the anime when you know it's immediately going to be compared to how it looks in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CUEXayVjo4

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

sinky posted:

who's the moron who still hasn't watched Shirobako? That's right. You're lookin' at him

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Did the P5 anime have any production issues or something? I know this is the go-to example when people say the P5 anime isn't good but seriously how do you make the all-out attack look like this in the anime when you know it's immediately going to be compared to how it looks in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CUEXayVjo4

I think it legit must have, like I know animation takes a lot of work even for something seemingly mediocre-looking but that barely has any animation so it would have been easy to just do some poo poo like the game/Ultimate and have the good image at the end.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the p4 anime wasn't exactly visually stunning either so i think persona anime just tend to have awkward productions in general

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

re: Shiori Experience, it does seem like they decided to put the ghost band plotline on the backburner for now, which honestly, i'm glad of

plus the brass band teacher is a much more interesting antagonist than evil music ghost kingpin

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

sinky posted:

Remember when it seemed like companies were learning that people will pirate less if their stuff is more accessible through legal means?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Visually speaking I remember the p5 animation being pretty dire. Like the part when Ryuji got his persona looked way better in the game.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

chumbler posted:

Remember when it seemed like companies were learning that people will pirate less if their stuff is more accessible through legal means?

Then all the companies learned that they want those subscription fees.

Some of that list is on hidive already.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

Streaming going down the route of Cable TV with more streaming services sure is going to be a thing yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was legit kind of pissed about Shirobako disappearing but hey, it's one of the shows that's on HIDIVE, so VRV covers it... for now.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

sinky posted:

No-one seems to do more to support piracy than the people who stand to lose the most from it.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

sinky posted:

Not surprising. You know how much warning they gave before pulling their Tizen app? About negative four months, well after I bought my TV and couldn't find the app they finally said 'we don't support Tizen anymore' and also broke sideloading it.

They've done everything possible to reject my subscription. One less way to get people to watch Flip Flappers is still a loss though.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arist posted:

I was legit kind of pissed about Shirobako disappearing but hey, it's one of the shows that's on HIDIVE, so VRV covers it... for now.

I told my partner about this. She didn't like losing Space Pirates and the Wikipedia anime but also assumed that most of things would still be on VRV.

When asked about Shirobako, she quipped, "Isn't that the dork from Fate? Shiro-baka."

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I guess I should finally watch the last couple of episodes of flip flappers before it vanishes. For some reason I kinda lost interest after episode 11.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Currently binge-rewatching Shirobako.

That recording session from ep-2 brought about nightmares from like a decade ago. :stonklol:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want to rewatch the idepon eps after i finish ideon

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:nws:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/683787441785667601/738808480411943013/20200728_234913.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 31, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Was reminded that a decent amount of those shows have different subs on CR vs Hidive. Kinda sucks for the TLs who are seeing their work likely dumpstered.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

makima is not a friend

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

she is now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
THIS RADICAL COURSE PROMISES TO TIE YOU UP IN KNOTS, LIKE SOME MERMAID TRAPPED IN A WHIRLPOOL. DON'T MIND IT, DO YOU? WELL LET'S SEE WHAT YOUR ATTITUDE'S LIKE WHEN IT'S OVER. YOU'D BETTER DO SOME FANCY ACROBATICS, IF YOU WANT TO MASTER THIS STAGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tywgc1g9k4

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Motto posted:

Was reminded that a decent amount of those shows have different subs on CR vs Hidive. Kinda sucks for the TLs who are seeing their work likely dumpstered.

I don't think CR TLs get paid enough to care :v:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Stuck at work, thinking about the part of the Samurai Champloo ED where the lady says "Little Debbie"

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hidive is sentai's streaming service so they probably want to have more of their stuff on there exclusively now that pre-hidive licenses are expiring

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

sinky posted:

I don't think CR TLs get paid enough to care :v:

i mean it kinda sucks to both get paid like poo poo and also have all of your work destroyed. i imagine that only makes it more demoralizing

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think I watched about half of wizard barristers

the action scenes were pretty intense early on but for some reason I stopped watching at about episode 4 or so

Is it worth watching it all the way to the end?

Also, is Shirobako worth binging? Given that I haven't started it yet and that's 24 episodes to watch.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

starbucks hermit posted:

Also, is Shirobako worth binging? Given that I haven't started it yet and that's 24 episodes to watch.
On Episode 9 right now. Totally worth it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

shirobako is an extremely good anime, whether you want to binge it like that is up to you. i found it kinda stressful to watch so i wouldn't be able to

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

starbucks hermit posted:

nah it's just a huge disappointment

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is the vatican examiner anime any good

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

starbucks hermit posted:

I think I watched about half of wizard barristers

the action scenes were pretty intense early on but for some reason I stopped watching at about episode 4 or so

Shirobako is definitely worth binging, yes.

Wizard Barristers is not good, and the only thing I remember to this day was the hilariously unfinished 11th episode where it wasn’t finished at all so it had tons of static images where action was supposed to be happening and extremely crappy animation. I don’t know if that version even exists anymore.

Edit: double checked and found a reddit post from 2015 going “why is the entire episode still frames?” Lol.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 31, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Other than the production disaster at the end of the series the only thing I remember about WB was that it was an interesting premise squandered on a completely generic modern magic action script.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 31, 2020

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1289297118142689280

It's real

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
give me it

tsukihime has enough good stuff that if it maintains the coolest parts and improves everything else i think it'd still be worth reading even without mahoyoru-level presentation. having just read through it the only reason i'd be a bit hesitant to rec it to anyone is cause some of near side feels a bit padded, akiha's route is kinda eh and it repeats scenes too much across routes. hisui and kohaku's routes are good poo poo

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 31, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
however what i truly want is a remake of this part of kagetsu tohya

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Aurora posted:

is the vatican examiner anime any good

"Good" being subjective here, it's cheesy and rediculous and funny (in an overly serious about Nazi satanic priests kinda way) and I kinda loved it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

sinky posted:

Some of that list is on hidive already.

I completely forgot Ive been paying them like $4 or something because I never watch anything on there

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the first arc of miracle examiner is good pulpy stuff, and some of the one-off episodes are also good. just the later arcs definitely feel like diminishing returns on trying to have stuff as outrageous as the first arc. and it's definitely an incomplete adaptation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Found out about Great Pretender through Gigguk. How is it?