Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's good so far, and probably the best-looking anime this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
or it's just pretending

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wark Say posted:

On Episode 9 right now. Totally worth it.

Tales of Woe posted:

shirobako is an extremely good anime, whether you want to binge it like that is up to you. i found it kinda stressful to watch so i wouldn't be able to

Thanks! Saturday is coming up so I'll at least give it the 3ep test and maybe finally pick up vrv if it's good enough.

Actually, it looks like right stuf has the dvds at 90% discount. This really takes me back to when anime dvds were selling for pennies at best buy and other big retailers. Guess I'll just pick it up there instead of a sub.

everythingWasBees posted:

nah it's just a huge disappointment

It took me a moment before realizing that you were referring to Wizard Barristers, for which other people said:

The Black Stones posted:

Shirobako is definitely worth binging, yes.

Wizard Barristers is not good, and the only thing I remember to this day was the hilariously unfinished 11th episode where it wasn’t finished at all so it had tons of static images where action was supposed to be happening and extremely crappy animation. I don’t know if that version even exists anymore.

Edit: double checked and found a reddit post from 2015 going “why is the entire episode still frames?” Lol.

Sindai posted:

Other than the production disaster at the end of the series the only thing I remember about WB was that it was an interesting premise squandered on a completely generic modern magic action script.

I hoped it would be more CSI but with magic and defense attorneys (so actually, more Ace Attorney than CSI) but I feel better about not having watched it to the end. Guess I'll shelve it. Thanks everyone for the heads up.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
thread, i have an important question:

urusei yatsura or ranma 1/2

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a cartoon duck posted:

re: Shiori Experience, it does seem like they decided to put the ghost band plotline on the backburner for now, which honestly, i'm glad of

plus the brass band teacher is a much more interesting antagonist than evil music ghost kingpin

someone once pointed out to me that the a band comprised of all the music ghosts would be incredibly incohesive and suck real bad, and now i can't unsee it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Willo567 posted:

Ranma because I haven't watched the other one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

Ranma 1/2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

jessus christ this brings so many memories... i miss those god drat times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcrswYEdQ7Q

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I watched the 2nd Urusei Yatsura movie and it makes me wanna see the rest

Discotek is getting all the other movies which is rad, too bad the series is gonna be in limbo

Plutonis posted:

I never watched AMV Hell but wasn't there one with Negima clips and that "I got the magic stick" song

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Zeether posted:

I watched the 2nd Urusei Yatsura movie and it makes me wanna see the rest

Only You is pretty good.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I guess I'll buy that Shirobako set whenever it's out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Willo567 posted:

Urusei Yatsura is way better in that it doesn't even really try and have a story it's just a hilarious and bizarre gag show.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

Urusei Yatsura.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wizard's Barrister is bad but it also has a scene that is in the exact interior of a early 2000's Real Canadian Superstore/Lobelaws so who's to say if it's really bad in the end

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Sega Hard Girls

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Wizard's Barrister is bad but it also has a scene that is in the exact interior of a early 2000's Real Canadian Superstore/Lobelaws so who's to say if it's really bad in the end

Me because I wanted a show about lawyers who happened to be wizards and I got a show about wizards who happened to be lawyers.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Plutonis posted:

Xarxrax would be proud. Though, he would probably hate the severe lack of Azumanga as every second clip.

Also, holy poo poo, using Keijo for Move Bitch is inspirational. :allears:

Zeether posted:

I never watched AMV Hell but wasn't there one with Negima clips and that "I got the magic stick" song

That was in the 3rd one.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i have decided to read urusei yatsura. thank you nerds.

also, since we're talking about takahashi, they just showed off sesshomaru's kids in the inuyasha sequel

i'm not really crazy about these colors. i honestly like moroha way more

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Willo567 posted:

i have decided to read urusei yatsura. thank you nerds.

also, since we're talking about takahashi, they just showed off sesshomaru's kids in the inuyasha sequel

i'm not really crazy about these colors. i honestly like moroha way more

Looks like Sesshy had affairs with Colonel Sanders and Sango.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I forget where I heard this, but is urusei yatsura the first harem anime/manga?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Captain Cappy posted:

Looks like Sesshy had affairs with Colonel Sanders and Sango.

i'm upset about how towa (the colonel sanders child) looks because now i can't bullshit a fanfic where HnY is actually a prequel to Gundam Wing, where after the yokai invasion of 2020, mankind heads into space.

her uniform looked really similar to the one that heero wears in the first episode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Sharkopath posted:

they find ways to show the impact of somebody being absolutely bomb at an instrument, including visually the music physically exploding and interacting with the environment, its a very emotional comic

Dredging up a conversation from 6 pages ago because I wanted to add that if you're telling a story about fantastic musicians just absolutely melting faces having the audience use their imagination tends to work better than getting whoever you can afford on an anime budget to somehow write, perform and record a bunch of A+ solid bangers and give you the rights to distribute them forever.

Like the Beck manga makes them out to be this fantastic band where grown rear end men fall to their knees and weep openly and then the anime came out and it was just some band you'd skip 30 seconds into a song on Spotify.

I guess Kids on the Slope was kind of immune to this because gently caress if I know the difference between good jazz and someone having a seizure near a drum kit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Moanin' is insanely good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caWY7uOlakU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ok8nbuzUix1ratd86.mp4

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
*gasp*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Snackula posted:

Dredging up a conversation from 6 pages ago because I wanted to add that if you're telling a story about fantastic musicians just absolutely melting faces having the audience use their imagination tends to work better than getting whoever you can afford on an anime budget to somehow write, perform and record a bunch of A+ solid bangers and give you the rights to distribute them forever.

Like the Beck manga makes them out to be this fantastic band where grown rear end men fall to their knees and weep openly and then the anime came out and it was just some band you'd skip 30 seconds into a song on Spotify.

I guess Kids on the Slope was kind of immune to this because gently caress if I know the difference between good jazz and someone having a seizure near a drum kit.

Yeah, musical taste is super subjective so as the artist you being able to depict the emotional state of the subject is more convincing and powerful than trying to appeal to the audience directly from across the frame and get it across.

I think at least.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That said for black heaven I think Cautionary Warning actually is that rad of a song that you could win space warfare with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOMTWW3hB78

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I forgot what thread I was in so I clicked on this expecting Mingus

This is good too though

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
*Yuu Kobayashi noises*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpCSferSTQ

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Sharkopath posted:

That said for black heaven I think Cautionary Warning actually is that rad of a song that you could win space warfare with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOMTWW3hB78

aw poo poo did someone mention Black Heaven because i am all over that

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

(click on image for the OG tweet)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You could at least link my tweet.

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1289562709038632962?s=19

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Surprised to see Hunter x Hunter in the top 10.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/crunchyroll-most-popular-anime-q2/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I would have if you had posted your tweet instead of just the image on the Discord :v:

Makes sense, all of them besides Tower of God are long running Shonen series with a lot of episodes, so having nothing to do during a quarantine is the perfect time to catch up on them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HxH makes a lot of sense to me, its a long shonen that isnt as popular as DBZ or One Piece but is still popular enough to receive constant praise.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Strange to see a popular shounen show on a list with 9 other popular shounen shows

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
poopular* lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

If I played P4G, is it worth it to watch the anime?