Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I think it's more likely that he's dead average in every stat and has no preferences. They ignored Henderson after I reduced him to a bunch of Fs, just, Horsley was from one of the new teams.

I'm pretty sure firing him from the glitched staff screen is what hosed him up in the first place. When Henderson was working on a forever 0 dollars contract, he actually had a system. So these coaches existing is pretty clearly a bug. If I was OK with Vancouver never having to address staff, it wouldn't have been an issue. But "keeping one broken system to avoid a second broken system" is....

2k is evil. Insipidly evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Guthix Curnir posted:

Likewise as a programmer, I can easily see that. One of my first two expansion teams hired Henderson. Also did some experimentation, starting a few myLeagues with two expansion teams, and in 98% of them, one of the two teams hired a head coach with the same Henderson-Terrible playstyle. In only one instance did both new teams have a coach that didn't fit this mold.

My guess is that there are only a small variety of GM builds for expansion teams, and that one of them absolutely has to have a coach that will work the starting five and only the starting five. You can probably fire Jeremy this year and replace him, but Vancouver's GM will try and hire another coach that fits their mold at the first opportunity.

I also used to be a (bad) programmer, but given that a lot of these issues have been around for years I am unsympathetic while disappointed that fan-made solutions have not cropped up. 2K doesn't change that much from year to year in recent iterations and the problems are not only ongoing but well-documented in this the age of digital distribution and patching. In the case of a tiny indy studio I would be more forgiving, but Visual Concepts has half a dozen studios and over 300 employees. My presumption is that they don't give a toss about franchise because they want to focus on the cash-grab parts. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that this game was published by EA for Activision, and I'm frankly a bit surprised that they don't charge micropayments for classic teams.

VSM, for what it's worth you have my permission to do whatever you need to do to unjank this tangled nonsense.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Especially because it does update all the time. Just, you know, stuff for their MyTeam bullshit.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

JustJeff88 posted:

I also used to be a (bad) programmer, but given that a lot of these issues have been around for years I am unsympathetic while disappointed that fan-made solutions have not cropped up. 2K doesn't change that much from year to year in recent iterations and the problems are not only ongoing but well-documented in this the age of digital distribution and patching. In the case of a tiny indy studio I would be more forgiving, but Visual Concepts has half a dozen studios and over 300 employees. My presumption is that they don't give a toss about franchise because they want to focus on the cash-grab parts. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that this game was published by EA for Activision, and I'm frankly a bit surprised that they don't charge micropayments for classic teams.

VSM, for what it's worth you have my permission to do whatever you need to do to unjank this tangled nonsense.

Oh sure, to some extent its bad management of development resources that let's these bugs stay in year after year, although based on what I've read about Madden these teams have a ten month window to produce these games, and no marketing department is gonna sign off on a game where the feature is 'we fixed some of the bugs'. Also, part of the problem is that when you have a big sandbox style game, regardless of genre(franchise modes, CK2, Fallout), you're going to see more bugs over time. Investing a lot of time in a big world that can go a lot of different ways leaves a lot of ground difficult to QA for, and those bugs are going to build on top of old bugs

I've thought for a long time that sports series should have a rotation of developers like Call of Duty has, so there can be a two year dev cycle instead of a one year cycle, but also with loot boxes on the way out in the next few years EA or 2K probably wouldn't go for it.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The "we fixed some bugs" thing would actually be really nice, since some if the things that don't work at all were supposed to be major features of MyLeague. The mentor system is a really sweet idea that got me excited, and among the many, many, many bugs and unfinished systems that are present in the game, mentorship not working at all is probably the one that makes me angriest. It has an entire in depth screen to work with.

EDIT
To whit, you can't even automate mentoring. You can automate nearly everything in this game, but not the one thing you actually need to.

EDIT2
I am now starting to think that the reason you can't automate it is because the devs know it doesn't work, but they didn't delete the menu because they want people to think it works and don't want the bad optics of deleting features, even if they were never actually implemented in the first place.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 1, 2020

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Give that man some gold finishing badges

https://twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/1289236993654710280

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

LobsterMobster posted:

Give that man some gold finishing badges

Why would I want to downgrade Bol's finishing badges? :confused:

(I kid. He only has one Hall of Fame finishing badge: Consistent Finisher. He has Gold Dropstepper, Pick and Roller, and Tear Dropper, and Bronze Lob City Finisher and Deep Hooks. Now, for shooting badges, he has hall of fame Hot Zone Hunter and Volume Shooter, and gold for Difficult Shots, Pick and Popper, and Tireless Shooter, with Bronze Catch & Shoot. In Playmaking he has Gold Break Starter and Dream Shake and Silver Post Spin Technician, and on defense/rebounding he has Gold Box and Intimidator, and Silver Rim Protector.)

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Now I want some videos of Bol Bol doing floaters over 6ft guards.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 1, 2020

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, the uniform edit glitches that I’ve been experiencing have been around since 2k17, and their response to me was essentially “yeah we’ve known about it, have you considered playing other gamemodes?”

Online modes were a mistake.

But... I’m so happy for Delon. I’ll hang up a 55 banner just for him.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Just titled an image, "Injury6".

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My favourite new NBA2k20 bug is if you win a Coach's Challenge on a foul call. The camera will be stuck on the coach until after the jump ball is completed.

If you're playing a center you need to either spam rebound/block or go to instant replay to have an idea on when the refs are going to throw up the ball.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I feel stupid. I had to get some actual sleep before I realized that I clearly gave my Mid Level Exception to Morgan.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CHAPTER 17, 2031-2032, Part 2: Deadlines

Update is cursed. Has deleted all my progress (in the post, not in the game) twice.

Here's an example of why OVR sucks. Despite the ratings there, Szomory is better at scoring than Fernando (who is a real guy). Badges and tendencies have a major impact on these things, possibly more than the actual attributes. Szomory is also 7 years younger. But, here you see, because he's a single point less in OVR, despite all of his obvious advantages, 18 teams make bids on Fernando who has to sign with one before any team bothers to float an offer to Szomory at all.

Hawks "win" the Terence Teague sweepstakes, but it's just a rental. Because, despite having one of the best first round playoff performances of all time, he's still not a high enough OVR for anyone to want to invest in long term. Lamond Lowry was one of the best players on the Thunder.

The Raptors got a lot of money in the offseason and make some big signings.... Mansiz we've talked about a bunch recently. Johnnie Phillips has finally worked his way to getting his shooting form back. Andre Whitney continues to be a productive NBA player. The big news here is signing their former second round pick, Randy Butler. This is technically Butler's rookie season, since he saw no action when he was first drafted. However, he went down to the G-league and conquered it, evolving into a player that is probably a lock for rookie of the year, and has made appearances on the Race to the MVP board. Or will. I've played until the deadlines of the season.

Both Ingram and Adebayo were up for free agency, and the Wizards chose to keep their big man. Warren Ellis is also a very good signing.

For his part, Ingram goes to Philadelphia. This somewhat undermines their youth movement, but it's not all that bad, as he's still an extremely productive basketball player. The Sixers also pried Daniel Gafford away from Indiana. Donte Bishop is both way too good and way too young to be a rental.

Spencer Person is a guy I've been scouting for quite a while. I'm a little surprised Toronto didn't sign him, but I can't fault the Raptors for the gamble they took on four excellent players. Anyhow, Person is a talent that was considered for all-star games for a couple of years, and he's very young. Danny Roy is a high quality center. These are two pieces that can add to the wealth of quality young talent the Sonics already have.

The Spurs "win" the Bruno Fernando sweepstakes. He's still a quality player, it'd have just been better for them if they got the other guy. Since they signed Brook Teague to a long term deal, this locks in their star back court, although they haven't had success together yet. Hopefully Fernando is enough to get them over the hump.

The Suns keep their own major star, lose Szomory, but manage to get an all-star quality player to slide next to Booker. I haven't mentioned Goga Bitadze much, but he's become pretty solid as a quality backup big.

Les Voyageurs probably get the most value out of free agency other than the Raptors (go Canada, I guess). They get the actual best free agent available, in Szomory, but they also get a multi-time All-Star in Courtney Banks. Banks is a bit older, but most of Montreal's team is very young. He gives them consistent, veteran leadership while they develop. I think this is a very good pair of signings.

We also part ways with two players we've had for quite a while, Donta Greene and Gheorghe Filimon.

Filimon's destination is the Magic, where he'll be backing up fringe MVP candidate Richard Morris. Collin Sexton adds another excellent back-court running mate to this team.

Greene, incredibly, is signed long term to the Hornets. He's basically the first guy they've given this kind of contract to in literal years. The Hornets are more or less officially Greene's team. I'm gonna be pretty embarrassed if both Payton and Greene go on to have multiple all-star appearances or all NBA honors. On the other hand, I wish him the best.

I would say "The Honu Endure" but I simmed the first half of the season already, so, here we go!

SEASON START

The game opens up with a loss to the Heat. I'm showing this to illustrate another way that OVR (and 2k in general) is poo poo. It's hard to read, but the bottom player listed for Miami here is Wendell Park --- DNP. Underneath him in rotation, is Steve Dunn, also a DNP. Imagine a real franchise having two of the last three rookies of the year, and then not using either of them. They'd either be trying to develop those kids (no matter how good their other players are), or they'd be trading them. This is broken.

Game two is a loss that leads to this:

Well, that's a bummer. First off, I moved Bol to Power Forward in part to make him less likely to get injured. Secondly, I don't even get the fun NBA Injury report guy? I miss that guy. Where is h---

---oh there he is. That's kinda Xenophobic, man. Is that just because he's Fre---

--Oh. OK. I get it. You can stop.

You----

You can---

Stop! Enough! I'm sorry! .......

....Matty told Hatty....

So yeah, the Honu struggled in the first half of the season. I called Early up from the G-league for a stretch of a couple of weeks because many of those injuries were all at the same time.

Bol's first game back is another loss, but one that shows that he's still got it.

We also get this game somewhere in the mess. We can be dominant against good teams still, but I can't oversell the extent of our injury troubles. Those 6 images there are just the significant injuries. I had many "you can play through this" injuries, and yeah, I made people play through them.

Not a whole lot to note on the trade front, the big news is the Mavs are starting to move away from some of their old guard. The Nets sort of finessed the Wolves. Also, Tony Finley is a good piece that fills a position of need for the Kings, so I like that trade for them.

Standings (It's not pretty, folks)
EAST

WEST

As you can see, we're well outside of the playoffs and might actually miss them. The flipside of that is, our team has been performing much better when we actually have everyone together to play. On the third hand, the Honu have successfully played.... uh... one? Game as a full team? The 2032 All-Stars are announced for the game in Cleveland:

Notes on selections:
~Rabiu Udoh (PF, Pelicans) is a first time All-Star, and was manually added to replace Bol Bol. That's right. I took my own player out of the All-Star game. If he'd been voted a starter, I would have believed it. But Bol's missed half of the season so far, give or take, and doesn't even qualify for the leader boards for determining who should be an All-Star, and also the Honu are quite a ways back from actually making the playoffs. Instead, since the Pelicans could use a nod, I sub in Udoh, who has been brilliant for them.

~ Rich Hurley (PF, Voyageurs) is a first time All-Star that replaces Bam Adebayo. Hurley is doing his best to justify his being taken first overall in the expansion draft over Silverstre.

~ Courtney Banks (SG, Voyageurs) is a three time selection that replaces De'Aaron Fox. Banks is having a better season than Fox was, on a personal level, but also, I grew irritated that the AI was rewarding the wrong player for the Heat. (Was, in fact, rewarding the third best player for the Heat)

~ Richard Morris (PG, Magic) was selected by the AI (since he was an injury replacement last year, this is his second all-star selection). He's not currently on a playoff-bound team, but at this time last year, he was in a similar position and put up MVP numbers, so.... ....this time I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

~ Randy Butler was selected by the AI. This is technically his rookie season, though he was drafted like, four or five years ago.

~ Ciro Reyes, (SF, Heat) is a first time all-star, and I forget who he replaces, but he's clearly been the best player on the Heat, so doing the Banks/Reyes swap here made sense to me.

~ Frederic Silverstre (PG, Sonics) was added, but I forget who I replaced. This will be his first selection.

The trade and contract extension deadlines come up (technically just the trade deadline) and I'm greeted with this when I check out availability:

The big three guys I have to worry about are here:

And this is my cap looking at next season:

And I can definitely extend all three, don't get me wrong. I'm allowed to go over the cap on extensions. (Which is how the Knicks are, for the most part, still together) Of the three, all three are sort of declining. I say sort of, because their games involve completely different things. Floyd's decline is the worst of the bunch, still nowhere near a bad dropoff in ability, but I'm not sure how much that will last. Eminescu is declining a bit slower and becoming more specialized as he does so---he's still probably the best perimeter defender on this team (Sorry, Frankie Lambert is, but that's literally his entire job), and his ranged shooting hasn't changed, but his inside shooting and athleticism has dropped a bit. However, he almost never slashes to the rim anyhow. Windler's "decline" has been really weird. Firstly, it was delayed until like, this past season. Which is nuts, because he's like, 4 years older than the other two and seemingly relies more on athleticism. I checked my sliders again, and while I don't have progression set to increase anywhere during a player's waning years (as I thought I might have), I have it where players are neutral on a few things (IQ stats, vision, etc.... stuff that's not going to fade, really.) But the flipside of that is, they might grow those stats because of training during the season, which I almost never bother to look at, since it doesn't seem to work right. Anyhow, Windler came into the league doing everything rpretty well, but he was kind of a bone-head. That has steadily gotten better with experience, and is probably the main reason why he's been OVR neutral this last year, the first where I noticed any of his stats declining---he was still gaining stats from good coaching. This is, again, a guess.

Anyhow! Breaking down the actual figures, Floyd is asking for a slight pay decrease, and might accept a bit less, but still definitely in the 20+ million range. Windler is asking for a raise, and Eminescu is asking for a pretty big pay cut. Floyd and Windler are getting expensive for what they do, but Eminescu's asking price, not to mention what I can actually get him to accept, is more than reasonable. With a front loaded contract, I can extend him for four years, and he'll barely make over 6 million on the last year. So I intend to do that.

Next off-season has two very noticeable free agents under the age of 30 coming available for signing (plus any number of RFAs, which the AI apparently doesn't give a poo poo about matching deals for)

And don't ask me what is up with Paciani's age. It feels like he should be older (Since this is what? His seventh season?) I went into edit him to see if he had the draft-age glitch going, and no, he had an actual year of birth. So unless that glitched itself higher, I got nothing. The math doesn't seem right.

Anyhow, if we want to make a play at one of those two guys, we can't extend any of our dudes. We probably can't realistically sign either without freeing up more space. There's other guys we could make a run at if we wanted, too, but they're either almost universally older, or RFAs which might get matched.

And we might miss the playoffs this season. It's probable. We'd have to have a seriously great back half of the season to turn this one around. This has definitely been a fluke year with regard to injuries, but next year, our guys will deteriorate even more. At some point, we're going to need to rebuild, and re-building a team is never pretty. It's very easy to get stuck in a cycle like the Hornets have in this simulation, where your team is always rebuilding. Staying too long with failed prospects from the sunk cost fallacy, while simultaneously not committing to good value that they do find. Re-builds are scary. And we might be there.

:siren: Voting Time :siren:

Choice 1)The Future
The Honu are having a turbulent season, and age is catching up to a lot of the team. It is unlikely that we will make the playoffs. As I said, re-builds are scary and hard to get right. Which is why this first vote is actually a gradiant from "least dramatic" to "most dramatic". In all options I will be extending Eminescu for three or four years unless instructed otherwise. He's basically George Hill, but tall enough to actually be a shooting guard. (:pseudo: Maybe "Eminescu" is "Hill" in Romanian. (It's not. Emin is actually Turkish in origin and means something like "reliable" or "sure" or "dependable". Which he is. Very reliable. "-escu" is essentially a Romanian attachment for "this came from that" sort of like the "vic" and "ez" suffixes or the "Mac" or "O'" prefixes. Usually a patronym, but not always.)) :eng101:

A)Stay the Course ~ The first choice with regards to rebuilding would be, quite simply, "don't." We would extend Windler for two years at a flat rate somewhat less than what he's asking, (Players can almost always be talked down from this screen), and extend Floyd for one year at about what he's asking. After next season, with Floyd and possibly Cisse being up for new deals, we could look to see if there's other enticing free agents. We'd essentially write this season off as a fluke, use our unexpected lottery pick to possibly sign someone young and promising, and go from there

B)Make a minimal move

I would be trading for the expiring contract. I know, trading a young player during a re-build seems counter intuitive, but this is still pretty aggressive. Morgan is getting 7 million a year (yeah, I totally forgot this is where I used my Mid Level Exception), and if we don't extend anyone other than Eminescu right now, we'll have about 32 million to play with. We could offer that to whoever, and then renounce unsigned players as needed to free up the cap space. If no one bites, then no big deal. I'll re-sign Floyd and Windler and do step A, and be out a promising player but up a draft pick for a future rebuild.

C)Make a significant move

I would negotiate as much protection on that pick as I can, as we're likely to be a lottery team. Even if that protection is "none", this is about the best package we can get for Cisse, who is also getting older. Cisse hasn't started declining yet, but I'm very concerned, since most of his game is physical, and I'm not sure how good he'd be when his athleticism leaves him. I also overpaid him, and am willing to admit that mistake. I didn't realize how much players were willing to haggle on extensions. Anyhow, athletic oriented guys lose their skills precipitously in this simulation. Mfiondu Kabengele, over on the Thunder, lost five points of Overall this past offseason. Which, I know OVR sucks, but consider just how many other stats had to decrease, and by how much, to make a plummet of 5 possible. This would net us Michael Torres, who should have been a #1 overall pick, and still has another year after this one on his deal, despite what the screen implies. Darius Garland, who makes slightly less than Cisse, and has a game that's less based around athleticism (also better passing, etc), and is on the hook for longer. We'd get similar or possibly better production and pay less. Jukic is a 19 year old player that has at least another season overseas to develop, maybe even two. Torres is almost certainly better than whatever we could draft this year and would be worth the pick on his own. Jukic is what really puts this deal over the top.

D)Make a different significant move

Thornton has 2 additional years on his extremely affordable contract. Capela is an expiring contract. Unlike potentially renouncing Floyd in the offseason, this gives us value right now, and would still give us cap space to pursue a free agent. (Note, the "32 million" assumes we don't have the Floyd contract either way. So it would not put us at 50 million. )

E)Commit to a re-build

This would give us all of the assets I mentioned in the previous two statements, while also giving us the best chance to potentially land an elite free agent. I would be gunning for Paciani with the intent of slipping him back to his more natural Small Forward position. (Or maybe put Torres there... I'd have to experiment)
~~~

Question 2) Joshua Carr
Carr is only 21 years old, but as you see on the extension screen, he wants 15 million dollars a season, and there is no way in hell I am paying him that amount, drat all the effort I've put into him already trying to make him into a decent basketball player. He's supposed to be an elite perimeter defender or a 3 and D guy, but he's not. He's a slash-and-D guy, and he's not even holding guys to a lower percentage than Windler. I'm officially giving up on him, but letting him walk and getting a paltry 2 million dollars in cap space, even if I'm shooting for free agents, isn't worth it. So let's move him.

Package A)
Joshua Carr and an unspecified draft pick to the Celtics for Alonzo West. I am aware that the '35 second round pick is involved in another trade. This is negotiable. West would give us a big shooting guard that's built with more offense in mind. Sort of the opposite of what I was intending to get out of Carr, but I've had more luck developing offensive minded players. West has more potential than the player in package C.

Package B
Joshua Carr to the Grizzlies for Josh Hart and the Grizzlies' '33 1st round pick. This is much better than letting Carr expire, for instance. Instead, we'd let this old fart expire, and then we'd net a first round pick, on top. We'd be taking a gamble that the first round pick would be as good as either of the players in the other two deals, but the flipside is, we'd have that player for up to four years, instead of one or two. Also, it would give us three first round picks in 2033: The Grizzlies', the Lakers', and whichever is better between our own and the Bulls'.

Package C
Joshua Hart to the Utah Jazz for Deon Banks and the Jazz's '34 2nd round pick. Banks is worse overall and has worse potential than West, but is a couple years younger, and that potential might/could go up. We'd also net a draft pick. The other consideration is that this is closer to what I was trying to use Carr for--- Banks is another big guard, but he's much more of a defender than a scorer.

Question 3)Frankie Lambert
I signed Lambert because I felt mean (to a digital fake player with no self-awareness. Don't judge me.) about making fun of him in the one playoff update, when he was a solid fringe rotation piece for us. He really, really wants to win a championship. Even if we do make the playoffs, I don't like our odds. He's a minimum contract player, I could probably get, Iunno, a second round pick from someone, likely.
A)Find a good home for Lambert
B)gently caress it, try to go out there and win one for Frankie
(I will almost certainly not actually win, but it'd be a much better story if I did win.)
~~~~~

SHORT FORM:

Q1
A)Stay the Course
B)Minimal Move
C)Significant Move
D)Alternative Significant Move
E)Commit to Rebuild

Note: if you would like to add B to C or D, but not commit to E, feel free to just put "B+C" or "B+D". I didn't want to make an even more confusing form.

Q2
A)Alonzo West
B)The Pick
C)Deon Banks

Q3
A)Find ugly puppy a loving home
B)No, he's our ugly puppy, and we love him just fine.

~~~
.................................................................Bwa bum ba da dum, ba ba ba dididi-dididi-dididi dididilleedum biddlediddleduhduhdum buh dumpa bum badda buh badda biddledee, bee daadumpa, bup badda dum pa bump ba da bada bumpadeedledee, deedleedeedledeedledeedledeedle ba da da da da..............

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Q1
E)Commit to Rebuild
- Rebuilds are fun! Time to shake up the LP!

Q2
B)The Pick
- To maybe help with the rebuild

Q3
B)No, he's our ugly puppy, and we love him just fine.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Ah, my favorite part of any franchise run, when you have to stick or twist. Since it's been a decade of dominance for the Honu I think it's probably time to slash and burn

1: E, but do the Cisse deal last and see if you can maneuver some of your new resources from the other trades to get the best protections for your pick.
2: B More high picks is better.
3. B I believe in Frankie.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
E
C
B

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Let's do E B and B

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011
1) E. Is there enough roster space to take on 2 additional players?
2) B.
3) B, but see what teams would give you anyway, you never know.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Guthix Curnir posted:

1) E. Is there enough roster space to take on 2 additional players?
2) B.
3) B, but see what teams would give you anyway, you never know.

One of the guys in the Cisse deal is a Euro Stash, so I would be adding only one more. And yes. Good question.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
The only way that Overall seems to be accurate in this simulation is that the two highest-rated players in the league in this timeline, Doncic and Giannis, have been by far the most dominant. Other than that, well, you've taught me how better to evaluate talent. Keep in mind, though, that there are a lot more 80-something rated players in this simulation then there are in the default rosters - that's why we've expanded so aggressively. Mid-80s has become basically a standard for a mature starter in this league, while mid-70s is more of the baseline with the starting rosters.

As for the trades, I don't have the knowledge to evaluate them all so I won't vote, but part of me is interested in a rebuild just for the narrative aspects. I am sad to see Cisse go, though you are correct in that he is grossly overpaid (moreso than the usual prominent big-sport athlete). That said, and I know that it won't happen, I would love to see Bol retire a a lifetime Honu. I also hope that real-life Bol Bol he doesn't have the same health problems due to height that his late father did.

It saddens me somewhat that making teams that are consistently strong (not dominant, but competitive) is basically gone in modern sport. Teams like the Jazz from the 80s to the late 90s where they were top-10 every year are basically a thing of the past, and modern baseball is absolutely rife with god-awful teams like the Tigers and Orioles that aren't even trying to be competitive.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I intend to keep Bol around unless he goes completely nuts on contract value. Even declining, he's still putting up pretty bonkers numbers like that line against the Mavericks. Cisse's definitely overpaid, but I still wouldn't say "grossly" overpaid. I expected him to start to get more assists, as I added more scorers to the team. Instead, he kept trying to be ball-dominant in a bit of a "too many cooks" situation. Since Bol was injured for so long, Cisse is actually our best player this year by EWA, and second behind Bol by PER (which does not account for players playing less games---small sample size can see players hit a "clearly not correct" PER of 150-300 sometimes.) He's averaging about 16 points, 2 rebounds, and 4 and a half assists, plus a steal. He's on pace for his third consecutive 50/40/90 season, and nearly tying his per game averages from his best season before the Shot Clock got extended. This is less than two points per game less than Bol, who is averaging 17.6/8.5/1 with a block.

Hmm. In the future, when I post updates, I'm going to include stat lines, because that will probably give people a lot more insight into what's actually going on. That's my fault.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Veryslightlymad posted:

I intend to keep Bol around unless he goes completely nuts on contract value. Even declining, he's still putting up pretty bonkers numbers like that line against the Mavericks. Cisse's definitely overpaid, but I still wouldn't say "grossly" overpaid. I expected him to start to get more assists, as I added more scorers to the team. Instead, he kept trying to be ball-dominant in a bit of a "too many cooks" situation. Since Bol was injured for so long, Cisse is actually our best player this year by EWA, and second behind Bol by PER (which does not account for players playing less games---small sample size can see players hit a "clearly not correct" PER of 150-300 sometimes.) He's averaging about 16 points, 2 rebounds, and 4 and a half assists, plus a steal. He's on pace for his third consecutive 50/40/90 season, and nearly tying his per game averages from his best season before the Shot Clock got extended. This is less than two points per game less than Bol, who is averaging 17.6/8.5/1 with a block.

Hmm. In the future, when I post updates, I'm going to include stat lines, because that will probably give people a lot more insight into what's actually going on. That's my fault.

I don't understand a lot of the advanced, modern stats and I still overvalue Overall Rating too much, so I probably should shut up. Putting aside the fact that no human being should make that kind of money, when I see that kind of salary I assume that it should be attached to a generation-defining player like a Giannis, Luka etc.

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

One of the guys in the Cisse deal is a Euro Stash, so I would be adding only one more. And yes. Good question.

The Floyd deal also adds a player. Is the 60 day recently been traded clause still active, or has the league removed it in the last 10+ years? That might ruin Thordain's plan of trying to flip assets.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Guthix Curnir posted:

The Floyd deal also adds a player. Is the 60 day recently been traded clause still active, or has the league removed it in the last 10+ years? That might ruin Thordain's plan of trying to flip assets.

Oh. I am blind. I can probably stuff Hicks into one of those trades.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Making my trades undid every change I made to the all-star game, and I didn't find out until the All-Star game was over.

What the gently caress, 2k developers? I hate you. I hate you with every fiber of my soul. You loving nitwits.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
One of the four expansion teams made the NBA Finals. Take your bets here which one.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Voyageurs! My favorite team right after the Honu, of course!

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

One of the four expansion teams made the NBA Finals. Take your bets here which one.
Definitely not us. Between the mess of injuries, a few guys having bad years, shaky start, etc, sometimes it's just Not Your Year.

Looking at the midseason standings, I'm guessing Montreal. They were firmly in the middle of the pack, but have a couple talented players and are a young team, so they're the kind of team that can get hot and break through.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CHAPTER 17, 2031-2032, Part 3: End of Season

So trade logic in 2k works by your own assets, somehow, but damned if I know what goes into the AI calculations. Also, I couldn't get the same value I wanted for Morgan at all, and ended up having to keep him, even though that hurts my cap situation. Hopefully not so much where I can't sign a very good free agent, but, even if it is, I'm really digging the team post shake-up.

The Cisse trade wound up solving the "one extra player" problem, while also netting us another draft pick, so I'd say this was slightly better than before.

Similarly, the Carr trade ended up having to go to the Magic instead of the Grizzlies, but I got a (likely) better pick out of it.

The actual mid-season moves look like this. It's gonna feel really weird watching Honu games without Floyd or Cisse. This creates a bit of a logjam at SG while simultaneously turning what was a logjam at SF into a deficit, so, to repair this, I slide Torres over to SF, since he has the size for it. Thornton, Garland, and Torres all have good seasons for the Honu, and while my chemistry tanked to like, 30%, It jumped up to nearly 60 before the month was up. Better, no one complained about touches by the time the season was over. Eminescu, for his part, traded starting jobs with Thornton. His deal is front-loaded, so he'll be making 6.6 million in the last year, I believe.

Alain Sonnet plays in the young players showcase, and doesn't have the best performance in a losing effort, but he's honestly been pretty solid for us as a backup point-guard. Having another 3 years of him at ridiculously low rates is a pretty good feeling. Thornton competes in the Dunk contest but doesn't win. I said it in an earlier post, but the game ate all my painstaking (like, I spent 20 minutes on it) work in selecting All-Stars and put its own all-stars back in, because for some reason my trades got in the way? It's the only thing I can think of. It never happened before. So a bunch of losers (and also Bol Bol) play in the all-star game anyhow. I'm really annoyed.

Before the trades went down, I didn't notice that the stat line against the Mavs along with another big game, led to another Player of the Week honor for Bol

And with the new pieces all gelling together and showing a ton of promise for the future, the Honu start winning a serious stretch of games, storming up the ranks. Hell, Bol would even go on to be named the final Player of the Week of the season.

It seems like the Honu might make their way into the playoffs after all. A win in our last game will tie us for eighth.

Of course. We lose the game, too. Missing the playoffs closes some kind of temporal portal and we're thrown into a string of awards from yesteryear.

You didn't think we were rid of him yet, did you? He's only 32. This is his eighth MVP.

This guy was also an MVP candidate, despite the clear disparity in numbers. If they would have considered his draft season (where he played 0 games) his rookie season, there's a kid named Radu Constantin on the Hawks that would have won. He put up some sweet numbers, too.

Coby reclaims his Sixth man of the year title.

Ike Anigbogu is dethroned, but instead of a new player with this award, we get Giannis back.

This guy's shooting improved significantly.

Wait, you again? That means the Mavericks had the best record in the league. Which isn't that surprising, but.... ....it still hurts. I could have beaten you if I took the eighth seed. We both know it.

All-NBA 1

All-NBA 2

I'm actually a little surprised Bol got here, but he wasn't broken for the entire season, just the opening stretch. Nonetheless, playing in his new position, I expected him to take a little longer to acclimate. I'll reiterate that Randy Butler had a good year.

All-NBA 3

Oh, god drat it, I was kidding. He really is going to instantly become great, isn't he?

All Defense First Team

Paciani had a stellar season, too. I really want to get him in Free Agency, but almost certainly can't afford him with Louie Morgan's contract hanging me down.

Second

The Lakers have a great defensive squad, Jaxson Hayes led the league in blocks---but you can't win games without scoring. No Courtney Banks or Lawrence Miller? No playoffs.

Rookies 1

Rookies 2

Both of the Honu's rookies make an all rookie team despite both being backups and playing the same position, at that. This pleases me.

STANDINGS AND TABLE
West

Just missed it.

East

The Raptors end their league-worst playoff drought, and now the worst becomes the Charlotte Hornets who haven't seen a playoff berth since 2023. With a newly acquired All-NBA forward, I figure that's probably due to change. :smithicide: Also, for the first time ever two Canadian NBA teams meet in the playoffs.

There's a few injuries going into the playoffs

All the 1-2 weeks guys miss, at most, a game. Thus, the only injury of consequence is to Andre Whitney. Well, and Dallas's starting Small Forward, but, naw, they still have the cheat code.

Dallas rolls over the Tatum led Blazers in five games. Similarly, the Craig Payton/Walter Curtis duo makes an equally quick job of the Kings, despite analysts finding it the most intriguing matchup of the west. The Suns take the Pelicans in six, but the only interesting note there is they seemed to be led by Kristaps Porzingis more than Devin Booker. Speaking from experience here, when I see the Sonics are up against the Nuggets, and also knowing that the AI never changes defensive assignments, and also knowing that the Sonics are starting William Floyd and finally, also knowing what happens when you try to guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with William Floyd, I'm the least surprised person in the world when Denver runs roughshod over Seattle in 5 games, their sole loss being by 1 point, but their wins being pretty gaudy. So I guess you can guess how the East goes, now. But I'mma tell you about it anyhow. The Knicks sweep the Hawks despite Terence Teague dropping 40 on them in game 4. It just wasn't enough to overcome the East's juggernaut. In a shocking twist, I'm actually a little upset that Brandon Ingram wasn't All-NBA, because he's really the main reason the 76ers are here at all, Dwight Dixon's excellent rookie year be damned. Nonetheless, there's just not enough in this squad to handle Ja and Jaren, and while the series is a competitive 6 games, the Grizzlies eventually win out. The first ever all-canadian NBA playoff series is also a competitive 6 games, and despite being one the of the best first-round match-ups and showcasing the rookie of the year, ratings are predictably low (because that's what happens when you put them on NBA TV instead of ESPN or ABC. Televise a Raptor playoff series for once in your loving life, actual NBA. The Raptors' rookie would play the series out of position at shooting guard, letting Hakan Mansiz run the offense. Toronto's coach is criticized for this move even though it very nearly works, and it also puts the best defender he has available against Courtney Banks, who would shoot a blistering 56% for the playoffs. Clearly, Toronto's best isn't good enough. The most competitive series is somehow Detroit vs Miami, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how this went 7 games. Detroit just played good, balanced team ball and acquitted themselves beautifully, but in the end, the team people expected to win did win. Much respect is shown on the floor before the Heat move on.

In round two, Shai blows up on the Suns and the nuggets win in a tidy five games. Craig Payton's Clippers bump into the Mavs and nearly break their backs with depth.... The AI is too stupid to realize Payton can guard Doncic, so they had their point guards on him the whole series, but Los Angeles has so many different scoring options, it almost didn't matter. But when you're dealing with an eight time MVP, almost isn't quite good enough. It takes a glorious 7 games, but the Mavs win out. Memphis, meanwhile, definitively proves that their disruption of the Knicks a few years ago was far from a fluke, and wins another short 5 game series. The Grizzlies just have the Knicks' number for whatever reason. Fans are delighted by a back-and-forth series between Miami and Montreal (Fun fact: "Heat" is the natural enemy of the Fur Trader. Think about it.), with excellent shooting, and big contributions from wide benches on both sides. In the end, the pattern is broken by Montreal taking two in a row, games 6 and 7. Banks' consistency just never wavered, and all their team played well in points, but Rich Hurley had a pair of 20 point outings, and that made a big difference. At this point, I jokingly say to myself, "Maybe these guys should be my rivals". When they get past the Grizzlies in 6 games to continue their inspiring Cinderella story, I make a fairly rash decision: This thread is now the Honu vs the Expansion teams. All five of them, because I will eventually add two more. Maybe someday, I'll fess up and admit that this thread was and always will be about the Honu vs the world. Dallas manages to get one over on the Nuggets. Giving Luka additional talent that isn't quite so old, seems to be a big difference maker, even as Kristaps did some very good work for the Suns.

Dallas vs Montreal: There's something just inherently "NBA" about this series. To anyone just looking at the logos and team names, it seems like a match-up between the US and the World, what with being a major city in Texas vs the part of Canada that's actually French. But that's just the most transparent top layer that anyone looking deeper can tell is just an illusion. Dallas, of course, is led by Luka Doncic, by now the most famous professional athlete in the world, but also probably the most famous Slovenian ever, too. Montreal, despite having more international players in general, is led by a largely overlooked kid from Nebraska. And I had a bit of a freak-out when the kid from Nebraska gets the better of that matchup in game 1, dropping a cool 30 points and keeping the fairy tale going. Les Voyageurs would also win game 3. But all fairy tales have an ending, eventually.

And you know, I wonder what would have happened if I won just two more games. I know I can beat the Mavs.

Some noteworthy players retire

Not everyone here is that important, but I wanted my images to look better. Jabari gets to go out on top, and three former Honu have decided to call it quits: Monte Morris, Harry Kelley (our first ever draft pick!) and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, our inexplicable defense god. Michael Porter Jr's career was cut short by a series of injuries, Jared Henderson's "system" probably literally ruined his career. The real Porter is kind of a poo poo-head, so I'm not too heart broken.

The 76ers retire Embiid's number, but not Richardson's, despite being a starter for longer, being on all the teams that went to the finals, and being a productive player for longer. Stupid star-loving 2k. (The other reason that jersey retirements bother me as much as they do: Players only enter the coaching pool if they were entered into the hall of fame, or got a jersey retired. Only famous players become coaches in 2k, which is a baffling decision. But gently caress 2k.)

Predictably, Embiid makes the Hall of Fame.

The league briefly flirted with a couple of rule changes to make things more fun to watch, but instead decided to just punish bad free throw shooters, and eliminate free throws from overtime entirely (is that what that means? 10 in the OT period? That's insane. Or is it 10 for the entire game, by OT?)

The slow offense and being unable to exploit free throws is too much for poor Mike D'antoni, who calls it a day.
(Ok, these two screenshots are out of order, but it's my narrative)

We get a "Cleveland is historically bad" fact, and luckily don't win the lottery, because I'd have felt stupid if the Pacers got the #1 pick. As it stands, we did wind up giving them a fairly powerful back-to-back position. Meanwhile, Utah will probably draft the next true superstar, but not match him in free agency four years from now and let him walk to like, I don't know. I'm gonna guess Milwaukee.

:siren: Voting Time :siren:
The Honu have the, I want to say 53rd? Pick in the draft? Mid fifties, somewhere. We don't need more guards.
Q1) Draft:
A)Draft a promising wing, if possible
B)Draft a promising big, if possible
C)Draft a glorious name, if possible
D)Draft and Stash
E)Sell that pick

Louie Morgan played rather well for us this season, but that still made him our third best point guard in the back half of the season, after Garland and Sonnet. He's paid about 7 and a half million dollars a year, and not getting rid of him hurts my chances of getting a truly elite free agent.
Q2) Morgan
A)Try to find a trade for Morgan
B)Keep Morgan, he's still promising

(Please note: if "A", I still might not trade Morgan if I can't get what I want---cap space, largely.)

EDIT:
Oh, for gently caress's sake, 2k:

They went to the finals, last year. He's got nothing but Fs in every single stat. I can't delete him. What idiotic loving hidden mechanic is doing this? Releasing a broken product at full price every year should be punishable by enormous fines. The longer this thread goes, the more I'm tempted to up that estimate to "prison".

Anyhow, after the off-season, if I can't remember who their old coach was, I'll sign Chris Paul for four years.

Also not shown: all three head coaches that got fired last season were hired in the off-season by the team that fired them. Take-two interactive made more than a billion dollars in net profit in the year between March 2019 and March 2020. Give your programmers of your mega-release games an actual loving paid vacation, fix your yearly sports release, and then waterboard yourself with a river of horse piss, you evil loving company.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 4, 2020

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Henderson must have some serious dirt on the rest of the league.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Q1 - D
Q2 - A

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
C
A

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011
To be fair, hiring a coach who has coached previously, regardless of their record/playstyle, instead of a long time assistant, or someone new that could be promising or at the very least different is something I can see American professional sports leagues easily doing. Although I would have expected the other three teams to trade their coaches around. There's 30 head coaching positions, and somehow only 30 total candidates, we HAD to hire them!

Outside of the rotation changes, do we know what the head coach letter grades do for the players, if anything? I'm guessing it's a flat stat boost/detriment to all players offensive/defensive stats, with C being neutral

Q1: D, with a smattering of F (highest potential, if someone manages to drop that far that has high potential)
Q2: A

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Q1: C I'm a sucker for a glorious name
Q2: A Go for the elite!

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I now just imagine Jared Henderson as some sort of basketball Grim Reaper, traveling from team to team and instituting insane systems, ruining team chemistry, and physically breaking their talent. He's like Thibodeau but with more Satanic powers.

Also, with two(three?) championships and eight MVP awards, I think this world's ESPN would be truly insufferable in trying to rank Jordan, Doncic, and LeBron every day.

1.C
2. A

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

C, A.

Veryslightlymad posted:

We get a "Cleveland is historically bad" fact, and luckily don't win the lottery, because I'd have felt stupid if the Pacers got the #1 pick. As it stands, we did wind up giving them a fairly powerful back-to-back position. Meanwhile, Utah will probably draft the next true superstar, but not match him in free agency four years from now and let him walk to like, I don't know. I'm gonna guess Milwaukee.
Cleveland is better described as "weirdly lucky" - their five-real world lottery wins have come from the 7th worst position (1986, via pre-existing trade), worst position (2003), 8th position (2011, via pre-existing trade), 3rd position (2013), and 9th position (2014). And in your hypothetical scenario this year, they were tied for eighth in lottery odds.

Whereas a franchise like Sacramento has been in the lottery for like 15 straight years and plenty of times before that too, yet somehow has only once nabbed the #1 pick, way back in 1989, selecting the legendary nickname/mediocre player "Never Nervous Pervis" Ellison.

Guthix Curnir posted:

To be fair, hiring a coach who has coached previously, regardless of their record/playstyle, instead of a long time assistant, or someone new that could be promising or at the very least different is something I can see American professional sports leagues easily doing.
Hell, we literally just saw this, with the Knicks gladly overlooking Thibs' multiple firings and abject refusal to use modern NBA rotations to hire him again. Third time will be the charm, right?

It won't be.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Thordain posted:

Also, with two(three?) championships and eight MVP awards, I think this world's ESPN would be truly insufferable in trying to rank Jordan, Doncic, and LeBron every day.

This year actually makes Four! :eng101:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

C and A

Also jfc how does Henderson still keep coming up?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CHAPTER 18, 2032-2033, Part 1: Offseason

Relatively small update today, as there was a relatively unexciting off-season. The Draft was a quiet, mostly by-the-numbers affair with most teams sticking to their own picks and just two trades. I feel like it was a deep draft with a bunch of trap players. There were quite a few second round picks I didn't sign to any teams, but a few that were 72-74 in the second round, too. Lots of guys with very high potential. This might be the best draft class since 2024.

Accordingly, I was unable to trade Morgan.

Cleveland starts proceedings by taking this guy, who won't be joining their team for another year, but that just gives them another shot at a second #1 pick, and Balidis is just oozing potential. A Euroleague MVP, Balidis is an 85 OVR, 99 potential genius. The scouts say his ceiling of "Jimmy Butler" but I think he's going to exceed that particular estimate.

The Thunder make this odd trade to, presumably, commit to a youth movement. San Antonio gets two backup point guards.

This trade really baffles me. Bryce Sanders was Atlanta's pick this year. This is Atlanta trading one of their better players to trade down in the draft and also grab Kendrick Nunn. Gotta feel like the Sonics fleeced 'em.

That is everything interesting that happens before my turn in the draft. I was told to look for a good name, or maybe a stash if I found one, and one reader who also wanted high potential if I found any. But the truth is, I had a really hard season and I needed someone to step up in a big way and be a hero.

So I drafted Captain America.

No loving way. I didn't plan this. I don't even know how I would plan this. I didn't even think that was possible on a small forward.

Mr. Irrelevant 2032 is Brett Andersen. Can confirm B.Andersons are irrelevant, probably also applies to B.Andersens.

Since I missed it, the Pacers used our first rounder to draft this guy, Kaya Penbe, from Turkey

I also discover this delightful insight about our new pick. It's a shame I can't stick him in the G-league.

First, I pick up all the options for our youth movement

Then I looked for free agents. The problem is, the two I wanted got scooped.

MVP Candidate Richard Morris got the super-max for the Magic. They also gave another year to Joshua Carr (and Clint Capela, who was on our team briefly)

The other player I was interested in, Giovenco Paciani, also got the Super Max. I didn't stand a chance at either guy I wanted in free agency after all.

So I signed the best available player that the game says fits my system:

Which turned out to just be Dylan Windler. So there you go. It took all 12 days of Free Agency, but I finally lock B.J. Lawrence up for, probably just four years, yes, I gave him an ETO, but gently caress it, man. I got him to agree to a contract that will never give him 10 million dollars during its life, and that is just a steal for my backup center. Bernie Lawrence is doing the Bol Bol glitch from the very start of the thread, only I don't want him to keep joining my team. Former G league players James Early and A.J. Boyd might actually make the rotation, too.

Speaking of enormous deals. The Hawks sign their own superstar up long term, and also get three excellent centers. (Powers was another guy I floated long term contracts at, but couldn't get the money to work right. I'm annoyed he joined Atlanta for so little)

The Raptors manage to win the services of William Floyd. Jessie Lowe is an elite defensive power forward that gave me fits in our finals against Indiana. He deserves a long term deal somewhere.

The Sonics get the aging John Collins and Wil Gaines to help give a bit more veteran leadership to their team.

The Wolves gather up a lot of guys that are "quite solid", but not spectacular. But, when you're in the middle of nowhere, and the most historically bad franchise in league history, well, I guess you take what you can get.

Stop renting Donte Bishop. He's really good. Also, Terrance Stuart is really good, too. Vancouver is fuckin' dumb for letting him slip away.

Nico Sankovic is only on his second season, and I cannot believe the Hawks didn't pick up the team option on him. I made a play at him in the offseason, but in the end, I prefered the cheaper services of B.J. Lawrence, who has already shown he can play with this team. Sankovic is a high potential center that's already at like, 77 and should get rotational minutes with the Wizards, or anyone, really.

Very promisingly, the Honu win the Summer League, going undefeated in preliminaries, and then the tournament itself. While no Honu player is named MVP of the Summer League, we got some good individual performances out of Alain Sonnet, Teddy Vaughn, James Early, and Steven Rogers. Sonnet would lead all Honu in scoring for the summer league, which is a bonus from your point guard. He did not, however, lead them in assists, which is troubling. Teddy Vaughn led all Honu in assists, which.... ....well, I guess we just run our offense that way, for whatever reason. I choose to take it as a positive sign. The Honu have lots of good momentum on their side. All this, and three first round picks this coming year.

And it feels good to say it again:

The Honu Endure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Did Steven Rogers lead the way in Summer League blocks?