Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
My barbarian will never wear a shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

None of my characters have ever worn pants.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What's this about a free primal? I have yet to encounter this.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

You get one when you clear a solo 70 Grift for the first time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vic posted:

Thats my gimmick back off!

I'm pretty sure Waroduce means their monk is naked, not themself, so you should be OK

Tubgoat posted:

Solo GR70, and you're now guaranteed to get a Primal from the RG. It's a One Time Only thing on non-Seasonal characters, but is reset every Season for Seasonal Characters.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think that's also how you unlock them dropping in general, right?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Correct. Primals don't even enter the potential loot pool until you solo a greater rift level 70 or higher.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Ah, okay.

So, I've just completed sets of The Wastes and Bul-Kathos' swords, none of them are primal or ancient but I am just shredding through a T8 rift like it's Normal difficulty and I finally see what people mean.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tubgoat posted:

Ah, okay.

So, I've just completed sets of The Wastes and Bul-Kathos' swords, none of them are primal or ancient but I am just shredding through a T8 rift like it's Normal difficulty and I finally see what people mean.

Yeah once you get the 10k% dmg boost you can go up to Torment 10-13 easily.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

:nice: I look forward to the next Darkening of Tristram.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Can miss me with the WoW shoulders and overly ornate hats :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

But what if I want to look like some sort of satanic black metal album cover?

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Kyrosiris posted:

But what if I want to look like some sort of satanic black metal album cover?

Im not that into Black metal, but I dont think theres a lot of butterfly wings.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
There are when they are doom butterflies.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Symphonic and goth I'm pretty sure has butterfly wings somewhere.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dunno what subtype of Metal HIM are (goth, I guess?) but they've got a song literally called "Wings of a Butterfly"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
They're mallcore.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Diablo fashion, yeah

https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1281651500935032833?s=20

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

This rat's gonna be real good when it's done.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Am I just getting old, or is the GoD Momentum buff to Strafe movement a bit too much at 15+ stacks? Zipping around at those gently caress-off speeds honestly seems to induce slight motion sickness in me.

I'm not into GR pushing so I could probably just ignore the entire mechanic and still do fine at least, but still.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I feel the opposite. Every other build is slow af now. I did the Natalya set dungeon and it was like strafing in molasses.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Game doesn't feel like it is going too fast until you get to around ~400-450+% movespeed for me. Also feast upon my Shaolin warrior monk.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Manajuma Arachyr. Half chicken half spider half sonic the hedgehog.

Due for a buff soon.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Dashing strike monk with Flying Dragon proc active, moves faster than the game engine or server infrastructure was designed so you constantly slam into the black wall of the void where map hasn't had a chance to load yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You look dumb as hell, idiot.

Anyways who’s ready for some DIABLO IMMORTAL (new trailer)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That looks like something I really would not want to play on a phone.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

It just looks like a watered down D3. I have no desire to play it. If I wanted to play Diablo in the go, I would have bought it on Switch. I'll be shocked if this game does even remotely well.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

McLarenF1 posted:

It just looks like a watered down D3. I have no desire to play it. If I wanted to play Diablo in the go, I would have bought it on Switch. I'll be shocked if this game does even remotely well.
a lotta people have phones and are hungry for anything remotely resembling an actual game and not a credit card swipe simulator

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Khorne posted:

a lotta people have phones

Diablo players don't have phones.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dross posted:

Diablo players don't have phones.
I dislike diablo immortal and thought the announcement was crazy out of touch as much as anyone. And while it alienates their core audience, I expect it to be crazy popular if it's even in the ball park of "at least as good as the worst arpg you can think of" with people who don't actively pc game.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 4, 2020

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I don't doubt for a second that it's gonna make money hand over fist, and that depresses me.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

^^^Really? I've barely heard anyone that's excited about it

Mobile Diablo is on the same level as mobile ultra realistic racing simulators or VR games. These are types of games that have dedicated setups (keyboard and mouse for Diablo), that's don't make sense to be mobile for a majority of the player base. Long play sessions, detailed gear comparison/crafting, stash management, and precise controls are all things not well suited for mobile Diablo on a 5 inch screen.

Ans on a personal note, I have a gaming PC, 2 PS4s, a Switch, a Vita, and a RG350M. I never play games on my phone. In my opinion I think Blizzard has highly over estimating the overlap between PC/console and mobile gamer population. I'd love to be proven wrong and see a game so amazing I'd be willing to make the transition, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that yet.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm gonna assume China is going to buy the poo poo out of it. I really doubt it's aimed at a western market.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I don’t think they want overlap, they want new market penetration.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Dross posted:

I don’t think they want overlap, they want new market penetration.
Same thing happened with Hearthstone on mobile. Same thing happened with D3 on console. Not everyone maintains the full set of gaming platforms at all times, and people can get into high-end games through different paths, so why not meet them where they are?

This still means it was a weird decision to give this top billing at BlizzCon (which is an audience of your most dedicated existing fans). Maybe some of them cross over (as happened with console D3), but for the most part that's not why you're doing this.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Diablo Immortal was supposed to be their Fallout Shelter but it seems like they scraped the version of D4 that was supposed to go with Immortal after they'd already teased Diablo news. So instead of being a fun supplement to hold you over and build new audience it became the main ticket and the rest is history.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

If it's free to play (it won't be) I'll try it even though I hate playing games on my phone. But otherwise, "eh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
That looks like garbage