Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/covid-outbreak-hurtigruten-norway/

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

quote:

Hurtigruten
How about hurtigroupon

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
A kindly reminder to continue to shut the gently caress up about landlords thank you

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

This is the real Stanford marshmallow test except for boomers

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Swedes be like HAHAHAHAHAHA

No, not really.. :(

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Schools reopening update: there's been a few bumps in the road

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1289571601990606848

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I really hate how the USA is handling this virus. I really do.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Schools reopening update: there's been a few bumps in the road

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1289571601990606848

We've been back two days and had two cases. I'm within 30 miles of the school in the story. Our superintendent sent out another email this morning to staff and parents stating that we've had more staff cases than expected, but our map to reopening is working great.

Lol.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 1, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Jesus gently caress, did their plan seriously include a baseline of infected (and thus also a baseline of dead) staff, and things only are declared bad once a certain number of teachers died?

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Mithaldu posted:

Jesus gently caress, did their plan seriously include a baseline of infected (and thus also a baseline of dead) staff, and things only are declared bad once a certain number of teachers died?

Our state has no limit on infected/dead, just positivity rate of 15% or higher, only then can a school move to virtual. Lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mithaldu posted:

you assumed children and teachers are not expendable? lol what country do you think you're in

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Mithaldu posted:

Some Lives Don't Matter.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Katamari Democracy posted:

this is where you're wrong, the USA isn't handling anything

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Rutibex posted:

you assumed children and teachers are not expendable? lol what country do you think you're in

if teachers dying or getting permanently maimed mattered to the financial market, we’d spend billions and mobilize our entire society to protect them

i always wondered what it felt like to be in the USSR with its hilariously nonsense paper economy and total disregard for human life and welp i finally got that wish

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
hi pals, I had the Roni back in April, “mild” case remember that? well now I got blood clots n poo poo. Good times!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mithaldu posted:

They didn't care to supply teachers with what they need to actually teach. gently caress, they didn't care to feed kids.
Only thing they care about are the lunch debts owed.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Where is the goon that described themselves as a "sweat elemental" ITT. Are they still with us?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

If this thing was a scenario in Plague Inc. you'd just have to click on the USA for your first move and sit back as the US government and American society wins the game for you.

However the U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on the stupid: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797

quote:

Thousands of people in the German capital Berlin are taking part in a protest against the country's coronavirus restrictions.

The demonstrators say the measures, including the wearing of facemasks, violate their rights and freedoms.

Germany has been less badly affected by the pandemic than some European countries, but cases are starting to rise again.

On Friday it recorded more than 900 new cases and seven deaths.

Official estimates say at least 15,000 people are taking part in the protests, which is being called "The Day of Freedom".

Protesters held up banners featuring such slogans as "Corona, false alarm", "We are being forced to wear a muzzle".

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tagra posted:

Where is the goon that described themselves as a "sweat elemental" ITT. Are they still with us?

As a sufferer of hyperhydrosis, I identify with "sweat elemental".

Why? Do you need some sweat? I can turn off the fan if you need me to.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Xibanya posted:

hi pals, I had the Roni back in April, “mild” case remember that? well now I got blood clots n poo poo. Good times!

What symptoms led you to getting the clots diagnosed?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xibanya posted:

Oh poo poo man. Is it serious? I mean, as serious as blood clots can get I guess. Do you have to take meds or something? Will it go away eventually?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

If this thing was a scenario in Plague Inc. you'd just have to click on the USA for your first move and sit back as the US government and American society wins the game for you.

However the U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on the stupid: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797

Funny you should mention that. I talked to my father the other day and that exact thing made him abandon his plans to visit people in Berlin, coming from the B-W/Bavaria border.

I tell the man about how it is here in Florida and he didn't believe me.

"What do you mean, people refuse to wear masks?", he asks.
"Yeah. It's a political thing, too."
"groan"

Feel like driving your parents around.

"Well, are you gonna go?"
"This truck ain't moving until your seatbelt is on."
"Oh! Oh yeah. I taught you that."

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Xibanya posted:

Are you in hospital or did they send you home with a round of self-administered heparin shots? Legs, arms, or neck? Superficial veins or deep veins? Do you have Factor V Leiden?

Edit: blood clots loving suck, get well soon !

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Your momma gets around, huh?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Well HIV or AIDS? Which is it? This is important!!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Zugzwang posted:

Well HIV or AIDS? Which is it? This is important!!

No, no. It's HIV divided by AIDS. They tested positive for the number 1.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Most Americans: God it sucks so much, I wish people could just be reasonable and stop doing stupid poo poo

Americans in MAGA hats: DEAR LEADER IS DOING A GREAT JOB, MOST TESTING IN THE WORLD, WON'T MASK DON'T ASK

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Not an hour ago I saw a bro in a dually literally wearing a maga hat and also properly wearing a mask. In his vehicle, which not many mask wearers do.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Whoops wrong thread!

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 1, 2020

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Fabulousity posted:

German parody newspaper Postillon (think the onion) put it like this:

"In Berlin und anderen Großstädten gingen auch heute wieder mehrere tausend Menschen auf die Straße. Sie demonstrieren mit geringem Abstand und ohne Atemschutzmaske für ihr Recht auf eine zweite Welle der zwischenzeitlich fast schon besiegten Krankheit Covid-19.

"Man nimmt uns unsere Grundrechte auf freie Meinungsäußerung und Versammlung!", äußert eine Demonstrantin ihre Meinung frei bei einer Versammlung mit tausenden. "Freiheit! Freiheit! Weg mit Merkel! Keine Zwangsimpfungen! Schluss mit dem Maulkorb!"

Translation (mine):
Berlin and other major cities saw several thousand people marching again today. They are protesting with little distance and no masks for their right to a second wave of Covid-19, the illness that was nearly subdued.

"They are taking away our freedom of speech and freedom of assembly" says a protestor, making use of their freedom of speech at an assembly of thousands. "Freedom, Freedom! Merkel must go! No mandatory vaccines! No more muzzles!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

whew, what a relief. Tested positively towards the negative

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Manager Hoyden posted:

Not an hour ago I saw a bro in a dually literally wearing a maga hat and also properly wearing a mask. In his vehicle, which not many mask wearers do.

I don't know what to think anymore.

I drive an old diesel truck and I make sure to wear my mask because I think it helps people to see it. I guess I am hoping it helps remove any stigma.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hopper posted:

"In Berlin und anderen Großstädten gingen auch heute wieder mehrere tausend Menschen auf die Straße. Sie demonstrieren mit geringem Abstand und ohne Atemschutzmaske für ihr Recht auf eine zweite Welle der zwischenzeitlich fast schon besiegten Krankheit Covid-19.

"Man nimmt uns unsere Grundrechte auf freie Meinungsäußerung und Versammlung!", äußert eine Demonstrantin ihre Meinung frei bei einer Versammlung mit tausenden. "Freiheit! Freiheit! Weg mit Merkel! Keine Zwangsimpfungen! Schluss mit dem Maulkorb!"

Translation (mine):
Berlin and other major cities saw several thousand people marching again today. They are protesting with little distance and no masks for their right to a second wave of Covid-19, the illness that was nearly subdued.

"They are taking away our freedom of speech and freedom of assembly" says a protestor, making use of their freedom of speech at an assembly of thousands. "Freedom, Freedom! Merkel must go! No mandatory vaccines! No more muzzles!"

This is literally true. There is no joke here

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its evolution baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hopper posted:

Translation (mine):

Did humour get selectively bred out as an undesirable trait in Germany or something?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

gently caress this poo poo...

https://twitter.com/GovHolcomb/status/1288935298009894919?s=20

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Like. I’d poo poo on a toilet with a shelf because it’s funny to show your room mate but you guys actually take it seriously.

In place of laughter do you feel the colour grey?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hopper posted:

Translation (mine):

This is exactly what I imagined The German Onion would be like

:stat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Hello new facebook cover photo!