Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
pretty sure i can recreate that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
[narrator] he was wrong

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just upgraded to 4.6, and I have a pretty consistent issue; if I have, let's say, three unread posts in a thread, and I tap it, I'm being sent to the top of the last page, not to the first unread post.

iPhone 11 with iOS 13.5.1 if it matters.

Edit: Ah, feck, only read back a few posts. At least it's not a rare issue.

bolind fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 30, 2020

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

bolind posted:

Just upgraded to 4.6, and I have a pretty consistent issue; if I have, let's say, three unread posts in a thread, and I tap it, I'm being sent to the top of the last page, not to the first unread post.

iPhone 11 with iOS 13.5.1 if it matters.

Came here to post the same thing. Having the same issue on iPhone 8S and iPad under iOS 13.5.1

EDIT. Beaten like so many government mules.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 30, 2020

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
4.7 is out and claims to fix it

I never saw the issue in the first place though

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

101 posted:

4.7 is out and claims to fix it

I never saw the issue in the first place though

4.7 fixes it for me. Thanks!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got a new one, clicking on some links to quoted posts just brings up the same post making the quote. I’m gonna try to replicate it, but it happens most often when it’s the second quote link in a chain

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Keith Atherton posted:

Not a big issue but if you tap “Your Posts” in a thread you have not posted in you get an error message

Hopefully just a matter of having a message box pop up saying “You have no posts in this thread” instead

Dammit, how did I not test that case? Sorry, I'll try to get to it at some point.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Is there a button to get back to a thread you were viewing before you hit the wrong spot and jumped back to the forum list?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Swipe the title bar left, all the way from the edge.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

carry on then posted:

The new stylesheet's been there for over a year, did you just update?

Dunno for whatever reason it went from class to bright theme.

Thanks though I didn’t know how to change that setting.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Subjunctive posted:

Swipe the title bar left, all the way from the edge.

From the bookmarks tab that is doing nothing.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ulmont posted:

Just in case, do you mean you're placing your finger on the right edge of the bookmarks tab title bar, and then swiping leftwards, and that's still doing nothing?

The bookmarks tab and a forums view have different history stacks too iirc.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ulmont posted:

Hmm, it works for me!

Where are you before the wrong press, and what are you pressing wrongly?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Hmm, it works for me!

Where are you before the wrong press, and what are you pressing wrongly?

Naturally I got it while rubber-ducking. Goddamn that's got to start all the way at the edge, though; I think that's what I missed before.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

rubber cat posted:

I would like to request the FYAD stylesheet be applied to forumid 26 since it is open for the time being (it is currently applied to forumid 666, the defunct replacement FYAD)

repeating this request

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm getting an "Imgur API Error File type Invalid (1) ImgurException code 1003)" when I'm trying to post a picture.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

obi_ant posted:

I'm getting an "Imgur API Error File type Invalid (1) ImgurException code 1003)" when I'm trying to post a picture.

Make a shortcut and use that instead. (See my posts in this thread for the details.)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
yeah I'm guessing that you're trying to upload an HEIC file (Imgur should support that, IMO!)

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Hm. It seems like I was able to get the shortcut to work, but the image is still erroring out. Is it because I’m using and iPhone and slots doing it as a Live Photo? I assume that the conversion would fix that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Hm. It seems like I was able to get the shortcut to work, but the image is still erroring out. Is it because I’m using and iPhone and slots doing it as a Live Photo? I assume that the conversion would fix that.

Your url is messed up.

You need to add .jpg to the end of it

https://i.imgur.com/94dpp7G . Jpg

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Well look at that! Thank you so much, it’s the first time I’m using shortcuts.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Well look at that! Thank you so much, it’s the first time I’m using shortcuts.

Awesome!

Lol it’s literally the only shortcut I use haha

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Image embeds appear to have stopped working overnight. Previously working embeds just show as a regular link, though they embed normally when tapped on. All cases so far have been timg; trying to find a regular img embed to test.

Edit, test:

Ok, same behavior as timg.

Load Images wasn’t ticked for some reason. Image I think I may have done whatever the “app settings” version of buttdialing is.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 3, 2020

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Awful.app is included in the Github arctic vault thing, so rest assured that future human civilizations will be able to shitpost from the iphones they find amid the ruins

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Leper's Colony is crashing the app a lot today. Best I can think is, there's a couple Youtube embeds in there?

iPhone 6s running 13.5.1, for reference.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ablative posted:

Leper's Colony is crashing the app a lot today. Best I can think is, there's a couple Youtube embeds in there?

iPhone 6s running 13.5.1, for reference.

I couldn’t get a crash on a quick scroll through, do you have an entry you suspect is causing it? How far can you get? I wonder if it’s running out of memory on older devices...

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

carry on then posted:

I couldn’t get a crash on a quick scroll through, do you have an entry you suspect is causing it? How far can you get? I wonder if it’s running out of memory on older devices...

I don't even get the list, I get the loading icon, then it CTD's. This has been happening all day, and it worked fine when there were a shitload of images before, so as I said, best guess I've got is something to do with Grindcore's Youtube embed.

One of the times it did load, that was throwing out an error, too.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I just got an iPhone and started using this app. What is the difference between swiping left to delete a bookmarked thread, and swiping left to return to the thread you were just reading? Each action seems to be the same gesture so I get inconsistent results.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Images in the leper’s colony are no longer cut off. Great job!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Normy posted:

I just got an iPhone and started using this app. What is the difference between swiping left to delete a bookmarked thread, and swiping left to return to the thread you were just reading? Each action seems to be the same gesture so I get inconsistent results.

Swipe from the very right edge to return to the previously read thread. Like to the right of the display almost.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Ablative posted:

One of the times it did load, that was throwing out an error, too.

Here's that error, by the way.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Man ios is really picky about edge swiping. It's making regret this run of the mill case I bought. Is there any way to adjust how far in is considered the edge?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Normy posted:

Man ios is really picky about edge swiping. It's making regret this run of the mill case I bought. Is there any way to adjust how far in is considered the edge?

I have that difficulty too, but I'm getting old 👴🏻

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Charles posted:

I have that difficulty too, but I'm getting old 👴🏻

Practically on my death bed here old buddy

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

carry on then posted:

I have an iPhone 6 and I’m not having this issue

So not related to memory

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is there an option to take someone off your ignore list? I can’t find it and if it’s not there may I request
it

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wish it was harder to remove a favorite forum than lightly tapping the gold star. I accidentally remove them a lot as I'm scrolling through and don't see what I deleted.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Charles posted:

I wish it was harder to remove a favorite forum than lightly tapping the gold star. I accidentally remove them a lot as I'm scrolling through and don't see what I deleted.

I have definitely favorited and unfavorited forums while scrolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Anyone having all sorts of issues with the app tonight? It freezes when scrolling through forums and refuses to load any threads even if I can click on anything.