Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, definitely a good choice for episode 500. I might go back and relisten to the original episode before it drops, going deep in the back catalogue can be kinda wild in how much the show has changed and how much was there from day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wonderful choice for both the 500 ep and We Love Movies, I think the old Superman stuff is on HBO Max right? May have to rewatch.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Cael posted:

The forums were definitely what turned me onto the show, and I'm glad to be continuing to post in a thread of cool dudes (and dudettes) from different neighborhoods.

I also found them through SA and I'm glad I did. By far my favorite podcast.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Crowetron posted:

I missed the Addams Family commentary :(. Paramount probably doesn't let them record that stuff, huh.

Yeah, I paid for it and didn't get to watch it. They don't have any chromebook support. Cyalive was really nice about it and gave me my money back

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember listening to those episodes for the first time on a flight to Japan, which at the end of that flight I felt like I was going insane. They were very good eps.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Guaranteed a bunch of people here were first exposed to whm via the food fight thread

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Calaveron posted:

Guaranteed a bunch of people here were first exposed to whm via the food fight thread

I was one of them! One of the best decisions of my SA posting career was reading through that thread since it lead me to WHM

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got turned onto WHM by a goon, but on Twitter, not on here. I started listening in late 2015 and I've listened to pretty much every episode since!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

It was a post about No Holds Barred in the old Punchsport Pagoda I had think. I downloaded it on my phone. Then i moved across the country with $200 and the promise of a basement mattress. I didnt know anyone at all, had no car and an awful job. It was a pretty miserable existence l. We Hate Movies was something for me to look forward to and that feeling never went away. It helped me keep going. I will be forever grateful and wear my Monkey Pizza shirt with pride.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I randomly googled “bad movie podcast” in like 2012 when I first went back to school and had some long drives and the only one that has stuck around is WHM. I’m extremely happy they’ve been successful in a medium that is largely “mediocre washout comedian and friend corner a niche market.”

They seem like super great dudes and deserve all the success in the world. Especially that Eric guy he’s a real cutie

weekly font fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 2, 2020

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I tried the podcast based on this exact thread title, somewhere in January of 2015. First episode was Rocky V, and I have been hooked ever since.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wilford Brimley died :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m listening to the Leaguementary and they’re gonna have to redo it when the Snider Cut ™ comes out.

The skeleton league cut!

Calaveron posted:

So glad that I could introduce you to the podcast!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I first subscribed on the podcasts app months before I took a jump in, and the podcast kept me going through lovely retail jobs, dealing with moving across the drat ocean, a new country, language, culture, and terrible breakup and making new positive strides in my life. The fact that it’s released on Tuesdays legit reframes my week and gives me something to be excited about. Patreon is just an extra bonus joy and I truly hope these guys can do this podcast until they’re old fogeys.

Though goddamn Brimley dying so close to 500 hurts. Gawdahmut in peace.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I discovered them in the most boring way, the movie podcast thread recommended them. Blame it on Rio was the newest episode when I started. I'm still in therapy.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Seems as good a time as any to re-listen to the Hard Target episode. RIP Uncle Duvey.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cael posted:

The forums were definitely what turned me onto the show, and I'm glad to be continuing to post in a thread of cool dudes (and dudettes) from different neighborhoods.

someone mentioning the No Holds Barred episode here while discussing How Did This Get Made got me to try it 6 years ago, right when I was getting sick of HDTGM's poo poo

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Rest in Peace, GAHD Dommit.

The Brimley impressions always loving crack me up, especially Hard Target and that Star Wars ewok movie.

Also, WHM already did Superman 3 and 4 so...? I'm a little confused. Are they taking another run at those movies or is the thing that they're just unlocking the Patreon paywall on them?

When is the next round of listener suggestions? Because I want a full slate/month of musically centered episodes, which they've never really done that sort of thing I don't think:

- Phantom of the Paradise
- Any of Prince's movies, but preferably Under the Cherry Moon or Graffiti Bridge
- Can't Stop the Music
- Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Maybe Rhinestone or Grease 2.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BiggerBoat posted:

Rest in Peace, GAHD Dommit.

The Brimley impressions always loving crack me up, especially Hard Target and that Star Wars ewok movie.

Also, WHM already did Superman 3 and 4 so...? I'm a little confused. Are they taking another run at those movies or is the thing that they're just unlocking the Patreon paywall on them?

When is the next round of listener suggestions? Because I want a full slate/month of musically centered episodes, which they've never really done that sort of thing I don't think:

- Phantom of the Paradise
- Any of Prince's movies, but preferably Under the Cherry Moon or Graffiti Bridge
- Can't Stop the Music
- Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Maybe Rhinestone or Grease 2.

They're redoing them. The original episode was one of their earliest and is super short

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Crowetron posted:

Seems as good a time as any to re-listen to the Hard Target episode. RIP Uncle Duvey.

The bit about the gator eating the gun always kills me.

I've only got about three chomps left gawdammo before he starts eating ME gawdammo!

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Calaveron posted:

Guilty.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I got into WHM in 2015, I had a smartphone for the first time and decided I needed some podcasts to listen to on the ~8 hour drive to my parents house. I think WHM is the only podcast I still listen to from that trip. The first podcast of the day was The Devil's Advocate, and after a few podcasts between, it was Cyber Seduction.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I started in 2016 when I started doing some insanely long commutes and moved a few times. They kept me company all the way along the East Coast.

I honestly don't remember what was current when I started because I spent the first few months plowing through the back catalogue. So my first episode was Boondock Saints 2 since it was the first one with their theme song and thus the first on their automatic feed :v:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Was cyber seduction the one Erik had wanted to do for like 5 years?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Arson Daily posted:

Was cyber seduction the one Erik had wanted to do for like 5 years?

Yeah, and he teased a want to do a Once In A Lifetime sideshow and god I want that so bad

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Zore posted:

I started in 2016 when I started doing some insanely long commutes and moved a few times. They kept me company all the way along the East Coast.

I honestly don't remember what was current when I started because I spent the first few months plowing through the back catalogue. So my first episode was Boondock Saints 2 since it was the first one with their theme song and thus the first on their automatic feed :v:

Agreed.

Comedy and laughter or just about the only things that sustain me through the tedium and horror of every day modern life, and especially passing time in traffic. Not sure what I'll ever do if my boss outlaws ear buds and podcast listening on the production floor but I seriously suspect I'd actually quit. That, or wait to get fired by defying the rule and take my chances with UEI.

These guys have gotten me through more terrible work days and lovely commutes than I can count with nothing more than a timely Brimley, Whalberg or Arnold impression and god bless them for it. They're doing the Lord's Work and If that's not worth 5 bucks a month, nothing is.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

DoombatINC posted:

Yeah, and he teased a want to do a Once In A Lifetime sideshow and god I want that so bad

I know the guys have a lot of fun with Side Order of Sleaze but I would trade it for Once In A Lifetime so fast

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Soup du Jour posted:

I know the guys have a lot of fun with Side Order of Sleaze but I would trade it for Once In A Lifetime so fast

Agreed. Side Order of Sleaze is a fun show but it's a narrow tightrope to find something that's a combination or riffable but also doesn't go to 11 on the sleaze-o-meter. Whereas Lifetime movies there's a million interchangeable ones and they're all gold.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve been listening to the nexus and that’s just side order of sleaze each episode.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Cael posted:

Agreed. Side Order of Sleaze is a fun show but it's a narrow tightrope to find something that's a combination or riffable but also doesn't go to 11 on the sleaze-o-meter. Whereas Lifetime movies there's a million interchangeable ones and they're all gold.

They could easily combine it with some Hallmark movies and I would pay for another tier on Patreon for that alone

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Have them watch Quibi shows before they go away forever.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This recent episode taught me that Dan the high talker was not Kyle Gass

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Regarding the newest episode: ”Hi, I’m Rue McClanahan, and this is Jackass”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

teen witch posted:

Regarding the newest episode: ”Hi, I’m Rue McClanahan, and this is Jackass”

that and "PEG HIM!!!!!" "more movies need someone shouting 'peg him' in it, frankly" made me laugh so hard I cried. Great ep overall but those and the grandma riffs at the end were just solid gold classic WHM nonsense.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

GPTribefan posted:

They could easily combine it with some Hallmark movies and I would pay for another tier on Patreon for that alone

If anyone wants Hallmark movies Dave and Jeb aren't Mean is a podcast I would wholeheartedly recommend, it's great. The right mix of mocking, baffled, and affectionate for reviewing Hallmark.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I’m surprised they haven’t talked about Malachi Throne’s real filmography more. He’s all over this show: Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Batman Beyond, The New Batman Adventures, the Adam West Batman, something called Fraiser, the Sensuous Lion, and, of course, his role as narrator in Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1291203159059238913?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if anything that just gives him more cred

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s VIP status for the Zelda community. I’m gonna google Gorons on deviant art and I’m going to be disgusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Sounds like someone's been visiting the insane tab