Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Would it really have killed them to put the Indomitus point values in the Munitorum Field Manual?

They are, its a different section to the other stuff. Take a look at the index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Booley posted:

If you have tanks and your opponent puts eradicators in reserve perhaps you should screen out the board edges and keep range / LOS in mind. Just a thought.

Lol, do you know they have a 24 inch range?

You’re right of course, just keep your tanks out of los and you’ll be fine. Just keep them out of los, bing bong bing, so simple.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

seventimessix posted:

1 - In one of Goobertown Hobbies' random mini painting videos he used a stone steps base and his technique made the stone the best part of the whole display. It's a pretty simple technique (prime white, slap on random blobs of 2-3 colors of contrast paint, wash nice and dark, dry brush with gray to make the edges look worn) but I thought it was so cool and would look great on an army. The Necrons could be from a world that was stripped of all its metals so they had to cover their skeletons with stone instead. Use red for their weapons like they were magma powered to sell the theme too.

2 - I have some minor disability and less minor chronic pain, and going out and doing even fun stuff can be difficult and stressful for me. I had a lot of anxiety about starting hobby stuff, but literally everyone I've played with had been chill and kind. I've actually made friends with some of the regulars at my shop, which I never would have imagined 3 years ago when I started. It has been good for my physically and mentally to get involved with this stuff that I put off for years because I was too afraid of the bad experiences you usually read about.

Gotchu! Also, two goons PM'd me, and they're on there as well!

I'm going on a plane for a while so this may not update for a day or two - Please quote me in your entry if you can so I can see the yellow text!

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Cross posting from the miniature painting thread:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Commissar Canuck posted:

Nice!

Still struggling with how to paint my Indomitus set, so I'm going to finish up my Supremacy Force of Crimson Fists and a set of the Season 1 Space Marine Heroes as Celestial Lions to get an idea how they'll look.

Might do a test mini in Blood Ravens colours...

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

Nice!

Still struggling with how to paint my Indomitus set, so I'm going to finish up my Supremacy Force of Crimson Fists and a set of the Season 1 Space Marine Heroes as Celestial Lions to get an idea how they'll look.

Might do a test mini in Blood Ravens colours...

Blood Ravens Best Ravens. I don't recommend basing all of them with "donated" relics, though. That took way too long for a joke.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Commissar Canuck posted:

Blood Ravens Best Ravens. I don't recommend basing all of them with "donated" relics, though. That took way too long for a joke.

h my god, I didn't even see that! :allears:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Commissar Canuck posted:

I can’t get over what a silky smooth finish they have!

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

Shockeh posted:

I can’t get over what a silky smooth finish they have!

AK Interactive's Ultra Matte Varnish is amazing. Best varnish I've ever used. I normally am hesitant to using varnishes because I don't want to bother with thinning it down for an airbrush or I'm afraid of fogging. The ultra matte stuff is diluted enough to just drop into an airbrush or brush it on. It rules.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My indomitus box arrived this morning totally unexpected. I thought goblin gaming weren't shipping till late August. Get in. Just a pity i ran out of :350: last night

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Good job to the goons who had their minis featured on the warhammer community site!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/31/indomitus-painted-by-you/

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Thanks for the edge tips, I am going to give it a shot today and we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully I can remember to drag not draw.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

R0ckfish posted:

They are, its a different section to the other stuff. Take a look at the index.

Oh jeez, thanks. Conpletely missed that and the non codex stuff.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Thoughts on removing the front fairing? I wanted to have the bike look more naked.

I also experimented with using a single repulsor plate to try and make it look anti-grav, and it just didn't work out. If I want to make a floaty bike instead I'll just have to spend twice as much as get custodes bikes.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
I think if you want to convert them into hoverbikes, the whole front end would need a redesign, possibly including the armored fork that cutrently holds the front wheel. I'm undecided whether a couple of repulsor plates at the front would look good (kinda like skis on a snowmobile) or to go for a jet-intake style grille with plates just on the sides reminiscent of the Heresy hover bikes.

I'm hoping to give it a go when my set shows up sometime in the next 120 days.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I think if you want to convert them into hoverbikes, the whole front end would need a redesign, possibly including the armored fork that cutrently holds the front wheel. I'm undecided whether a couple of repulsor plates at the front would look good (kinda like skis on a snowmobile) or to go for a jet-intake style grille with plates just on the sides reminiscent of the Heresy hover bikes.

I'm hoping to give it a go when my set shows up sometime in the next 120 days.

I was aiming to use a repulsor plate in the front, and the forks actually match up with the upper joint of the plate, and the bottom of the plate juuuust barely slides a bit under the body. For the rear, the best option would be to remove the whole wheel/fork as they're molded into the body as one unit, and use the smaller repulsor plate. It should give enough room to tuck in a square-shaped engine exhaust... I tried looking at tau stuff but couldn't find any bits.

To be honest, the hardest part of making a primaris fit into a custodes bike was to get a 'seated' one. Using the marine and handlebars they should just plop right onto one. You just also need to change the hurricane bolters to a normal one:

I'm not sure which direction to really go right now though.

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

Clawtopsy posted:

Gotchu! Also, two goons PM'd me, and they're on there as well!

I'm going on a plane for a while so this may not update for a day or two - Please quote me in your entry if you can so I can see the yellow text!

1: I'm kinda thinking silver with reflected neon lighting? So a very striking synthwavey look.

2: My little sister got me into 40k! She dragged me in, kicking and screaming, by getting us both the dark imperium box, and here we are, a couple years later, with far too many minis.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

Yep, its the completely overpriced book that doesn't justify its price.

Oh hey I bought one of those too

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

xtothez posted:

This was the first Warhammer rule book I ever bought and was really thrilled to get stuck in to the new edition.

Then I lost my job, my relationship fell apart, and I lost my home. Never played a single game of 6th in the end, and didn’t play Warhammer again until 8th edition in late 2017.

Robot Uprising
Sep 19, 2006

Spinning Buzz Saws
First game of 9th , first game using indomitus 1250 points playing my new hastily (mostly) painted necrons, lost 85-65

Those new indomitus marines are powerful. I seriously underestimated their "pistols".

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Randomly popped into a local game shop and they had a few boxes of Indominus for MSRP. Super super hard not to walk out of there $199 lighter but I guess I gotta be an adult and pay my bills, that poo poo sucks

Ah whatever I'm just gonna blow my money on some Grey Knights soon anyway

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Randomly popped into a local game shop and they had a few boxes of Indominus for MSRP. Super super hard not to walk out of there $199 lighter but I guess I gotta be an adult and pay my bills, that poo poo sucks

Ah whatever I'm just gonna blow my money on some Grey Knights soon anyway

Good man. Though what are you thinking of buying? Because my guess is terminators are going to be the new hotness for GK but that's mostly guesswork.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
My buddy and I decided to get in a 1000 point game using the new Crusade rules. The requisition points are a bit weird but I like everything else.

Speaking of pistols...

My company commander, tired of yelling at people through the vox-caster to wound the Repulsor, pulled out his las-pistol and delivered the only wound it would receive that round.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
We are using points instead of power levels but the RP system is very similar to stuff like Blood Bowl or Necromunda, where you get a resource you can spend on your guys.

Since you can add or remove units for free at any time, the only reason I can actually see to spend RP is to increase your order of battle and to remove battle scars from units. In theory you can expand existing units but I can't see that being used much. The best way to spend them is on warlord traits and pre game strats, but you only need to do that once.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lord Ludikrous posted:

This was the first Warhammer rule book I ever bought and was really thrilled to get stuck in to the new edition.

Then I lost my job, my relationship fell apart, and I lost my home. Never played a single game of 6th in the end, and didn’t play Warhammer again until 8th edition in late 2017.

:stare:

Man, 6th ed really was the worst edition.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Did your canid also run away?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kitchner posted:

Good man. Though what are you thinking of buying? Because my guess is terminators are going to be the new hotness for GK but that's mostly guesswork.

Terminators have those insanely good GK helmets so between those and the Chaplain models with the skull mask and Rosarius, those are probably the two model types I'm gonna start a GK army with from looks factor. After that I'll fill stuff out from actual planning.

And then I'll do some Sisters for allies one day because the thematic mix is good.

I haven't been into warhams for like a decade so man I'm just so drat excited to get back in the lore and the lil plastic mans

Serdain
Aug 13, 2007
dicksdicksdicks

It's pretty though.

Does anyone here warham on TTS? I just discovered there's a hugely populated Discord dedicated to it, which is nice since you know, in person meet ups aren't happening for a while.

Ive been playing Incursion games with friends but no strangers yet.

Can you link me to the discord? Wouldn't mind a broader base of opponents!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Serdain posted:

Ive been playing Incursion games with friends but no strangers yet.

Can you link me to the discord? Wouldn't mind a broader base of opponents!

Here's all the info!
https://www.reddit.com/r/TTSWarhammer40k/comments/e5oa0y/psa_if_youre_new_around_here_please_read_this_post/

It's wild, almost every model and paint job has been ported to TTS by this community, and there's a tool to convert your Battlescribe lists directly to TTS models. I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's cool.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Terminators have those insanely good GK helmets so between those and the Chaplain models with the skull mask and Rosarius, those are probably the two model types I'm gonna start a GK army with from looks factor. After that I'll fill stuff out from actual planning.

And then I'll do some Sisters for allies one day because the thematic mix is good.

I haven't been into warhams for like a decade so man I'm just so drat excited to get back in the lore and the lil plastic mans

Get the Terminators, and go for 1 with a daemonhammer, 3 with halberds, and 1 with a warding stave for the first couple of boxes. Don't bother with the heavy weapons for now because those models with those weapons and the stormbolters will always be useful regardless of whether GK ends up running Paladins or Terminators (aka do you run elite terminators or troops terminators). It will just mean you're less likely to have to fork out for more terminators later.

As for the Chaplain the GK Chaplain is a terminator Chaplain, which has 1 model and it's a bit shite as it's resin and therefore difficult to stick GK terminator shoulder pads on. Unless you get the limited edition terminator chaplain, which costs a fortune unless you're lucky.

GK Terminator helms are the best though. If you get a dreadknight my advice is do literally anything to avoid the default pose, which is poo poo and makes the model look crap.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Awesome advice, thanks. At this point I know what looks "cool" but very little about the actual game past the basic mechanics, so army composition advice is helpful.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

My indomitus order came Friday, it is quite the box! As an aside, I picked up the Citadel Spray Stick thing, and it actually works really, really well. It is way easier to prime my figures than just placing them on top of old amazon boxes. One of the really nice things about it is that it holds the figures well enough that you can flip them upside down to prime some areas that are hard to get to if your figures would be standing upright on a box.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

xtothez posted:

Oh gently caress me that’s a gorgeous cover

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

xtothez posted:

I always laugh at the tiny t-rex arms

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

OhDearGodNo posted:

Oh gently caress me that’s a gorgeous cover

I found my copy of this the other day and it's awesome looking at all the older models. Definitely keeping it.

Serdain
Aug 13, 2007
dicksdicksdicks

Here's all the info!
https://www.reddit.com/r/TTSWarhammer40k/comments/e5oa0y/psa_if_youre_new_around_here_please_read_this_post/

It's wild, almost every model and paint job has been ported to TTS by this community, and there's a tool to convert your Battlescribe lists directly to TTS models. I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's cool.

Looks fantastic! I've mostly been sticking to 1000 pts with friends for speed of learning but it seems like most people still play 2000 so I'll have to figure out how to expand my list then I'll try finding a game.

Are they mostly cool? Are there many Nazis?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I picked up the Citadel Spray Stick thing, and it actually works really, really well. It is way easier to prime my figures than just placing them on top of old amazon boxes. One of the really nice things about it is that it holds the figures well enough that you can flip them upside down to prime some areas that are hard to get to if your figures would be standing upright on a box.

Lol, I guess it’s better than just putting your models down on a surface and walking around them spraying, which :psyduck: but I feel like it’s significantly inferior to ‘any ol stick, pipe or other oblong shape and some blue tack’.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

I finished another Indomitus Necron.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Paging Brother SRM. That subtitle is s bit stale, no?

Clawtopsy posted:

If you want to win the Necron Half of Indomitus mailed to your doorstep, along with some other minor goodies, I will be doing a raffle...

Sorry about your friend man, ill tell you about my best gaming bud. First though:

1-robocop. Silver with a purple undertint, blue over tint. Amber glows... maybe red.

2- i met John through the warmahordes forum when he moved to my small town, about 2004. We played Warmachine until it got bloated, and then played a bit longer. After a mutually not good experience at a nearby PP event we went hog on some hams together. Played almostly weekly for 3 years. We chat roughly once a week now, having moved far away from each other. This is the 40 thousand foot view. If one of us is drunk we'll go so far as to say "i miss you". Not gay (totally gay).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Maneck posted:

Did your canid also run away?

I had to move back in with my parents and less than a month later our cat had to be put down. 2012 was an amazingly lovely year.

Yeast posted:

:stare:

Man, 6th ed really was the worst edition.

Thing is I always had at least one friend who had the rule book and so didn’t need one for myself, so finally picking up my own was a big thing. Ironic that it never got used. Didn’t have the 8th one either for the same reason, and I’ve not picked up the 9th one yet, so it still remains the only one I’ve ever bought.

Everything turned out fine in the end though. I’ve spent the last five years with a wonderful woman I’m planning to propose to later this year who is fully supportive of my hobby.