Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Superman isn't mad, he's just disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #15 (1941)

Chamber of Chills #13 (1952)

Superboy #37 (1954)

Secrets of Haunted House #10 (1978)

Silver Surfer #1 (1987)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 1, #5 (1993)

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Van Dark is trying to get fired:

Amazing Forest #2.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Just stumbled across this old classic:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does Donald Duck play?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Infinitum posted:

Does Donald Duck play?

Only for keeps.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Infinitum posted:

Does Donald Duck play?

He certainly slaps.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

oriongates posted:

Superman isn't mad, he's just super disappointed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Talking about Squirrel Girl being the latest character in Marvel Strike Force

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Talking about Squirrel Girl being the latest character in Marvel Strike Force

Wait... those were supposed to be his eyes not his pupils :psyduck:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hardboiled Cop and Dolphin! (the cop's name is Shark)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Avengers #22, this whole era was a goldmine for Cap being a catty, dramatic, fed-up prick.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They bickered so much during that era.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Assuming that's Scarlet Witch, didn't she become an Avenger because he loving asked her to?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Assuming that's Scarlet Witch, didn't she become an Avenger because he loving asked her to?

It is, and no, Cap was away killing Baron Zemo with Rick Jones and when he finally got back, the other Avengers had all decided to take a leave of absence, so Iron Man, Wasp and Ant-Man had put out a call for volunteers. Hawkeye volunteered to clear his name and make up for his past mistakes, while Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver basically did the same after reading an article Iron Man had put in the paper.

They were all hired before Cap got back and when he did the original Avengers basically told him best of luck and hosed off to let him figure it out.

That scene is actually one of the few times where Scarlet Witch and Cap argue, because usually Scarlet Witch is thirsty as gently caress for Cap and is the only one who starts off respecting him. It's a very, very, very early take on a Civil War type story where the Avengers' gently caress-ups have caused them to be outlawed and the others are all ready to pack it in.

Lurdiak posted:

They bickered so much during that era.

I think there's literally a twenty issue streak of each of the four except for Scarlet Witch telling the others to take a loving hike and quitting.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 3, 2020

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Did Oglaf ever get around to saving it's main character from his tragic fate? Or is that just something they've been promising for the last 10 years to keep gullible fans like me around?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
Oglaf has a main character that people care about?

...is it the doctor? No, wait, one of the gnomes!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nilbop posted:

Did Oglaf ever get around to saving it's main character from his tragic fate? Or is that just something they've been promising for the last 10 years to keep gullible fans like me around?

The last time they tried to focus on that character for a storyline everyone got really annoyed because they only read for the stupid one-offs, so I think we're just not going to see them again.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Nilbop posted:

But Oglaf's been a sex-joke-a-week strip for nine of those ten years now, I don't know what else you should expect by now. :shrug:

Cleretic posted:

He probably means the apprentice.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Maybe that barbarian?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The real hero of Oglaf was inside--

Never mind

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

jng2058 posted:

He probably means the apprentice.

I did. I did mean him. I just think he got a really lovely fate.

What’s best is he’s not even the one named Oglaf!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I liked it when they brought back best at blow jobs guy for a whole storyline

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Posting Oglaf cause I caannnnn

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Can anyone tell me what comic this was in?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhymenoserous posted:

Can anyone tell me what comic this was in?

Wolverine #300

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

edit: beaten.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Wolverine and the X-Men, I think? Not to be confuse with the cartoon of the same name.

A fun series about Wolverine as the headmaster of the Jean Grey school that was cheerful and uplifting, until Avengers Vs X-Men happened and they had to do a battle royale against Avengers Academy.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Nilbop posted:

I did. I did mean him. I just think he got a really lovely fate.

What’s best is he’s not even the one named Oglaf!

That got more or less resolved in one of those bonus comics. Where the continuation is hidden in a link on the side. Unless you mean "is he still working for that terrible sorceress," then sorry he is still stuck in her magical realm. Her metaphorical magical realm, almost forgot what comic I was talking about.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I know it was a good while ago, but for what contrived reason did the Avengers fight the X-Men?

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Paper Kaiju posted:

I know it was a good while ago, but for what contrived reason did the Avengers fight the X-Men?

The Phoenix was coming to earth again. The Avengers wanted to blow it up before it got here, but the X-men thought that would be a bad idea. It was. The five fragments of the blown up Phoenix inhabited five mutants: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, Magick, and Namor. They then conquered the world for reasons.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

habituallyred posted:

That got more or less resolved in one of those bonus comics. Where the continuation is hidden in a link on the side. Unless you mean "is he still working for that terrible sorceress," then sorry he is still stuck in her magical realm. Her metaphorical magical realm, almost forgot what comic I was talking about.

Oh! Do you have a link handy? A quick look turned up nothing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Paper Kaiju posted:

Captain America saw what Civil War did for Iron Man’a popularity and said, “I got to get me some of that.”

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

This is not to be confused the original The X-Men vs The Avengers, which is more than 30 years old and was about Magneto being put on trial. He had been officially with the good guys for some time at this point, but the Avengers freak out and try to capture him while the X-Men maintain that anyone is redeemable and Magneto is ultimately good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but both of those are about the Avengers going after mass murderers and the X-Men going "no it's ok they're good now" and then the mass murderers going on to murder more.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thanos is the greatest Avenger of all time, that dude's probably got a body count. In all sense of the phrase.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok but both of those are about the Avengers going after mass murderers and the X-Men going "no it's ok they're good now" and then the mass murderers going on to murder more.

Maybe the avengers would have a leg to stand on if they ever cared about the 2 dozen times someone's tried to genocide mutant kind. Funny how those always seem to be internal mutant affairs

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't think Magneto was a mass murderer before the first X-Men vs Avengers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh look at Mr. But what about Mutie on Mutie crime. What's next, gonna quote us some Genosha stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That line about the Avengers never taking an interest in mutant problems or politics always bothered me because there are multiple times they actually did do that, even going against the UN's orders not to at one point and the thing everyone always cites, the wild sentinels attack on Genosha, the X-Men didn't even show up to stop, so what the gently caress.