Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Be sure you get all the way to the panel with, to put it as non-spoilery as possible, nudity. I only got the first two pages to load at first. The last two were just text saying "thanks for reading" twice, which turned out to be the alt text.

I guess the site is getting hammered and may not load the whole update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Doctor Zaius posted:

So somebody on the LANCER discord put forward a theory that I really like: what if white chain just formed her body from the drop of blood spilled from solomon david

As someone pointed out, her new form does nicely reference her imagined form back when all the bros were making fun of her in heaven

i'm sure the resemblance to solomon means Something but it does seem like it's her embodying what she imagined herself to be, too

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
She didn't steal anything from Solomon, she straight up Royalty'd herself into something that's never existed before.

He's been chasing it for all this time and now it happened, right in front of him. He's been completely beaten.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
WHAT?!?!

IS THIS WHERE HUMANS CAME FROM?

WHAT?!

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Josef bugman posted:

WHAT?!?!

IS THIS WHERE HUMANS CAME FROM?

WHAT?!

Humans were made from the black flame, angels are white flame. She's the first.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The crowd's gotta be going wild at this turn of events :allears:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What happens now though? White Chain has become a human lady instead of an angel lady, was Salami dave cut? What is going on? Ahhh!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's possible that her wish was granted at the moment of Dave losing a drop of blood. The punch cut him, thereby releasing some power from the key and making her desires a reality.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Josef bugman posted:

What happens now though? White Chain has become a human lady instead of an angel lady, was Salami dave cut? What is going on? Ahhh!

I hope the part we won't like is Solomon icing her

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dave is probably stunned at the moment; witnessing something that never occurred to them even could happen and having a lot to think about

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think assuming that White Chain needed the key to do any of this misses the point

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

It's possible that her wish was granted at the moment of Dave losing a drop of blood. The punch cut him, thereby releasing some power from the key and making her desires a reality.

it’s this. looks like she forgot what she was supposed to be doing there. I guess that’s power without discipline, for you

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

I hope Juggernaut Star is positively affected by this development. Like yeah she's a bastard but even bastards don't deserve to live an eternity in hopelessness.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

lmao if he just instantly permakills her now that she's mortal

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah killing her _now_ would loving suck tbh

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Victis posted:

lmao if he just instantly permakills her now that she's mortal
I am also bracing myself for this

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think the point is that White Chain didn’t cut Solomon, she just did something completely unconcerned with him that he never imagined. This isn’t for him, he’s just a perfect representative of everything she’s trying to change in herself.

And then a miracle occurred and Solomon, whose entire ideology is that Better Things Aren’t Possible, just learned that he doesn’t really know what’s possible at all. He may have just witnessed Royalty, as White Chain literally punched past her own essential limitations to become something that has never before existed in the history of the world.

But yeah she didn’t win the fight and we’ll see if he’ll just murder a miracle. How much does it have to become clear that the world is changing for him to stop holding onto it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Arcanuse posted:

things are still going so fast the crowd doesn't know it happened imo

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
White Chain didn't need Sol Dave's power to do what she did. That's all her, reaching a state of Royalty Sol Dave has never known. The other reason she didn't need him is that would break the image of punching the patriarchy so hard you transition into your preferred gender.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I think if Dave was cut, it would be important enough to show very explicitly in this scene. As noted above, it appears that she has, through a continuous cutting motion, punched herself into a new physical form.

Since all physical forms are in some sense an illusion created by the small soul flames of living beings, and angels are super-hot soul flames, there doesn't seem to be any meta-physical reason an angel could not also create a physical form. Of course, angels started out as little more than automatons (see: Prim's comb story) after The Law was first hammered into them by Koss, so they would never consider (or have the WILL) to make physical forms before now.

Humans do have a different color soul flame, but nothing says White Chain is pure human, yet. I suspect she is much more, a humanoid powered by an angel soul.

Dr Strangepants fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 2, 2020

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Dr Subterfuge posted:

White Chain didn't need Sol Dave's power to do what she did. That's all her, reaching a state of Royalty Sol Dave has never known. The other reason she didn't need him is that would break the image of punching the patriarchy so hard you transition into your preferred gender.

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think the point is that White Chain didn’t cut Solomon, she just did something completely unconcerned with him that he never imagined. This isn’t for him, he’s just a perfect representative of everything she’s trying to change in herself.

And then a miracle occurred and Solomon, whose entire ideology is that Better Things Aren’t Possible, just learned that he doesn’t really know what’s possible at all. He may have just witnessed Royalty, as White Chain literally punched past her own essential limitations to become something that has never before existed in the history of the world.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think assuming that White Chain needed the key to do any of this misses the point

Okay, I'm convinced. This is a much better reading.

Reclaimer posted:

I hope Juggernaut Star is positively affected by this development. Like yeah she's a bastard but even bastards don't deserve to live an eternity in hopelessness.

That would be nice.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

No one is aware of this yet, but Allison just got another girlfriend.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
You really want follow through on a punch, and White Chain took that lesson to heart

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ULTIMATE REBELLION

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It's a small thing, but I love Solomon David's grin when he sees White Chain moving at his speed... it contrasts so well when she punches right through all limitations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
David about to explode because he's so shocked at this, he done forgot to do his breathing poo poo right. Going to rip apart at the seams

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm pretty sure that Solomon David's reaction is because White Chain could have hit him straight in the face with a Ki Rata punch and chose not to. She's transcended the Wheel by using his bullshit martial art to perform a nonviolent miracle that he couldn't have done himself.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

STILL BRAZING FOR THE poo poo IM SUPPOSED TO BE REALLY MIFFED BY. GETTING CRAMPS.

(comic is goooooood)

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Dr Subterfuge posted:

White Chain didn't need Sol Dave's power to do what she did. That's all her, reaching a state of Royalty Sol Dave has never known.

This is the core of it, I think. Recall that this page's title is "APOTHEOSIS".

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

When time starts again, there will probably be some confusion.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm pretty sure that Solomon David's reaction is because White Chain could have hit him straight in the face with a Ki Rata punch and chose not to. She's transcended the Wheel by using his bullshit martial art to perform a nonviolent miracle that he couldn't have done himself.

Or even performing a nonviolent miracle that he could have performed himself but never even thought to try, because he has lived the sword too long to try to solve anything without violence.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I guess one thing that will make us hate this arc is that there will never be a moment more perfect and beautiful than this

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm so excited for Solomon David to just start ugly-crying.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in retrospect there's an awful lot of foreshadowing

quote:

“Draw the nonshape,” said Prim. “Imagine that we are kin. The fire in your fingers is the fire of my heart, the secret fire of the God of Gods. My body is the nonshape. Make it so, and dispel yourself of notions of reality.”

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Thyrork posted:

PUNCH SO HARD YOU BECOME WHAT YOU MUST.

Think we might have new thread title here

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

holy poo poo poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo :suspense:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Gnome de plume posted:

I guess one thing that will make us hate this arc is that there will never be a moment more perfect and beautiful than this

:yeah:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah he seems utterly ecstatic at this.

That's why I don't think he's going to turn around and kill her. I think he's happy to be proven wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Thyrork posted:

PUNCH SO HARD YOU BECOME WHAT YOU MUST.

drrockso20 posted:

Think we might have new thread title here