Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Pretty sure when we hit 2030 there will still be people arguing on the internet that star citizen will be good until the rising seas reach their desktop

gently caress this is a terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/kA7C705.mp4

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

trucutru posted:

Is "23 weeks of trek" a threat? Sure seems so

"23 weeks of Trek"? Might as well just come right out and say, "Amber Alert incoming."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wait I thought lando used his twitter account only for personal stuff or is tjat the lie he yells at people when he's feeling a little down and doesn't want to deal with angry backers on that particular day/month?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Bedshaped posted:

step one: 50 players and one star system

step two: ???

step three: dynamic server meshing

step four: 50,000 players and over a hundred star systems

step two:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

This game is a huge piece of poo poo video game scam product rip off for dummies

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon please post a kayak at your earliest convenience

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I think step two is: Profit! You're describing step two point five

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

trucutru posted:

They say that they use JIRA, but hey probably have a darts board.

No that's just what their baristas use (actually)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
How would you use JIRA for project / delivery management?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

no_recall posted:

It's easy, you just need to know what you need to make and give an honest oh I see where this is going

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/9mJYpXU.mp4

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012

no_recall posted:

I really wonder what kind of system the Producers in SC use to manage their deliverables.

Kanban? Some juggernaught of an excel sheet? MS Project?

Or do they just do their hand wavium thing that CR does all the time pretending milestones are met and functionality is delivered?

Judging by their twitter job ads - they don't have any producers.

So nope, not even hand wavium.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

no_recall posted:

Yeah, dart boards are better

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Solarin posted:

Beet Wagon please post a kayak at your earliest convenience

Broke: Kayak

Woke:

Willow

(I don’t think Kayak is broke at all I think he is a bestest pupper)

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

CIG always delivers, just not what you paid for.

Unless you paid for unexpected hilarity, and I guess most of us here at SA did that at some point.

The sharp change in the exchange rate at the time meant that even after inflation and fees I ended up with a little more money when I got a refund than I started, accidentally making gains off starcitizen is my proudest achievement.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

IT WAS THE JULY BLOG THAT DID THIS

https://streamable.com/2kcrm2

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 3, 2020

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

IcarusUpHigh posted:

:eyepop:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

IcarusUpHigh posted:

:perfect:

:iiasb:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

IcarusUpHigh posted:

:five:

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Is this a recording of a sex ed lecture?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Man, I only have a penis, not a cruise missile. How can I hit that G-Spot?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Ship flinches when player approaches

https://i.imgur.com/omBMNkq.mp4

Probably coincidence, but it did happen a few times in their vid.

Maybe he's emitting wind?

quote:

EXPECTED RESULT

simple ingress to spawned vessel

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
I wouldn't be too surprised if certain ship physics only kick in if there's a player within a certain radius to reduce server load.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Not sure if there's a gif version but my favourite "Chris is an idiot who doesn't understand anything" source is this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g&t=14s

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Broke: Kayak

Woke:

Willow

(I don’t think Kayak is broke at all I think he is a bestest pupper)

I remember Willow. That's an excellent and happy dog right there

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

orcane posted:

Not sure if there's a gif version but my favourite "Chris is an idiot who doesn't understand anything" source is this video:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

CIG always delivers, just not what you paid for.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pyromancer posted:

Is this a recording of a sex ed lecture?

Someone post the head up the rear end pic. That is really how babies are made.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Pixelate posted:

Ship flinches when player approaches

https://i.imgur.com/omBMNkq.mp4

Probably coincidence, but it did happen a few times in their vid.

Maybe he's emitting wind?

The ship does not want to.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

orcane posted:

Other than Chris being totally lost on the subject matter, what I like the most about this video is the part where Chris talks with absolute confidence about the laser grapples they definitely have in their game in March of 2015.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When you are in space you can still swivel around right? Like swim around and poo poo? I mean, what do you mean you float? Hang on, let me just, erm.
Space yeah? You mean in space?
Cos I, well. Ah.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Is THIS a recording of a sex ed lecture?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

When you are in space you can still swivel around right? Like swim around and poo poo? I mean, what do you mean you float? Hang on, let me just, erm.
Space yeah? You mean in space?
Cos I, well. Ah.

You can see by his gormless look that he doesn't understand a thing Garriott is saying.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Inacio posted:

i do not love this gif at all
i really dislike it, actually

:argh:

still about 500 pages to go until i catched up. Sadly the recap thread seems to be no more? hoping to find some comedy gold nonetheless

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Here is my theory on the current situation.

The S42 video is just a pure fuckup. I don‘t have much else to say about that. They said it would happen and not only did it never happen but the communication was complete crap. The reason: marketing team. The Marketing team likely wants to build up hype and likely believes it can achieved better when the content is presented at a „better“ time.

This also goes for the features of Q4. The people that keep track of leaks will know that Q4 is big, like really big, if it all goes to plan. I‘m certain that the marketing team is holding back information because they know that a sudden surge of info is much more effective at building hype than small bits of it. They have also learned that the roadmap changes a lot during development, therefore announcing the features a long time before completion is sure to make hype die down.

Expect an explosion of info in Q4 of 2020 if my theory is correct.

quote:

This has been my thought as well. CR wants to put a cork in the bottle so that when gets to pop it open in Q4, all that jizz will splash all over us and we can all moan in harmony together.

Poe's law is hitting me hard.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

oh god no

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

trucutru posted:

quote:
Here is my theory on the current situation.

The S42 video is just a pure fuckup. I don‘t have much else to say about that. They said it would happen and not only did it never happen but the communication was complete crap. The reason: marketing team. The Marketing team likely wants to build up hype and likely believes it can achieved better when the content is presented at a „better“ time.

This also goes for the features of Q4. The people that keep track of leaks will know that Q4 is big, like really big, if it all goes to plan. I‘m certain that the marketing team is holding back information because they know that a sudden surge of info is much more effective at building hype than small bits of it. They have also learned that the roadmap changes a lot during development, therefore announcing the features a long time before completion is sure to make hype die down.

Expect an explosion of info in Q4 of 2020 if my theory is correct.

quote:
This has been my thought as well. CR wants to put a cork in the bottle so that when gets to pop it open in Q4, all that jizz will splash all over us and we can all moan in harmony together.

Poe's law is hitting me hard.

Do they just copy and paste these responses from previous years? I swear I've seen comments like that every year for the last 5.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Now that the pipelines are ready expect breakneck speed development silencing all the haters. Secret build etc.

-Shitizens, every few months since ca. 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytek posted:

Do they just copy and paste these responses from previous years? I swear I've seen comments like that every year for the last 5.

Nah, they put more effort in their responses than CIG in their game, those responses are hand made each time.