Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
correction, the other ethical war movie would be one about a PFC buying a dodge charger at a 28% APR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Varinn posted:

stop posting people trying to get attention with their takes
do not ever tell me how or what to Post so help me god

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Retromancer posted:

Matt literally just did a podcast dunking on the Hurt Locker like a week ago.

Which podcast was this? Or are yui referring to the Blowback movie bonus episode? Cause if there's more Matt dunking in it I'd like to listen cause I really loving hated that movie

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Epic High Five posted:

This is 12 STRONG: HORSE SOLDIERS erasure

All of these movies are so bad that I've blocked them out, lol I stand corrected.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

It's a lazy way to paint every single entry in a massive and massively varied genre as all equally problematic. It annihilates nuance and ends conversations. I don't care for it.

that's literally my point did you read the rest of the page

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

do not ever tell me how or what to Post so help me god

oh yeah? well I double dog dare you to post a ghost story :v:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Egg Moron posted:

well, there goes the podcast thread

Yes please

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

uncurable mlady posted:

the only ethical war movie is one that shows a boot idling around at a FOB for seven hours before getting his face blown off by a pig farmer

all quiet on the western front is the best war novel/movie and it predates most war media people today have consumed

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I don't know how many people have been listening to Well There's Your Problem but everyone needs to hear this joke at 15:00 or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OkTfOLqx8&t=906s

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just make a movie of the GiP idiots thread

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Sardonik posted:

I don't know how many people have been listening to Well There's Your Problem but everyone needs to hear this joke at 15:00 or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OkTfOLqx8&t=906s

I want to like WTYP but they take the tried and true formula of "one person who knows the subject and one person to make jokes now and then" and add in twelve more people who all have to take their crack at landing a joke after everything the straight man says. and also none of the jokes are jokes so much as just yelling into a tin can mic.

Often Abbreviated has issued a correction as of 18:07 on Aug 3, 2020

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

the only ethical war movie is one that shows a boot idling around at a FOB for seven hours before getting his face blown off by a pig farmer

Jarhead was pretty good for that.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

uncurable mlady posted:

correction, the other ethical war movie would be one about a PFC buying a dodge charger at a 28% APR

I hate that I know this but the SCRA was actually supposed to prevent that

It also basically lets any soldier lease a car make one payment then just never answer his phone again and eventually leave it on a base parking lot a couple years later with no real legal penalty which is pretty funny

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

Completely unironically and sincerely, the entire series of Blackadder Goes Forth, but especially the final episode, is a stunning piece of antiwar fiction.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
does that movie about the bradley with frasier count as a war movie? thought that was pretty good.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1290384673789673472

brace no

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

brace yes

https://twitter.com/irockgnomes/status/1290387466654949376

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao this is such good street cred for the pod

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

i say swears online posted:

lmao this is such good street cred for the pod

LMAO if you think intergovernmental office disputes are the pod getting cred

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/mid_diluvian/status/1290393305713455105?s=20

https://twitter.com/gronbus/status/1290390277023203329?s=20

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
There was a recent Novara Media that was graced by TruAnon and Bastani opening with 'we're got great guests today get me away Brace and Liz and Owen gonna talk' was so charming.

But it goes both ways it was also awesome that the TruAnon peeps are actually lefties, they do know about and like TyskieSour.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

snyder is amazing. went to her page and she is currently cranking out another massive thread about matt. her dedication to this is just impressive

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

snyder is amazing. went to her page and she is currently cranking out another massive thread about matt. her dedication to this is just impressive

matt made the mistake of mentioning her by name on stream so he probably tickled her brainworms

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
The amazing thing about her and the other people who have written deranged blog posts about chapo, or even the more normal disparagers, is that they almost never seem to actually listen to the podcast and get extremely basic facts wrong all the time. They aren't even true enough haters to do the research.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
yeah it's that line about creating an idea of someone in your head and then getting really mad at them

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Paffgen posted:

The amazing thing about her and the other people who have written deranged blog posts about chapo, or even the more normal disparagers, is that they almost never seem to actually listen to the podcast and get extremely basic facts wrong all the time. They aren't even true enough haters to do the research.

Red Kahina, god bless her, actually used to make transcriptions of the podcast

back in the primary there was definitely some people getting paid to listen to the show and share PROBLEMATIC clips to tar Bernie Sanders supporters

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Often Abbreviated posted:

yeah it's that line about creating an idea of someone in your head and then getting really mad at them

chapo straw house

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Paffgen posted:

Considering Chapo-level political commentary is "hot takes, no we didn't do any reading", this seems fine.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Lambert posted:

Considering Chapo-level political commentary is "hot takes, no we didn't do any reading", this seems fine.

go back to d&d b1tch

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Often Abbreviated posted:

it's the purest form of expression

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Victory Position posted:

it's the purest form of expression

I call it a Posting Tulpa.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lambert posted:

chapo, the podcast that famously doesn't read the article

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Red Kahina, god bless her, actually used to make transcriptions of the podcast

back in the primary there was definitely some people getting paid to listen to the show and share PROBLEMATIC clips to tar Bernie Sanders supporters

you mean i could have gotten paid to listen to podcasts? wtf why didn't anyone tell me

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

chapo, the podcast that famously doesn't read the article

headline only reading series

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lambert posted:

lmao

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

the only ethical war movie is come and see

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
War is always bad, media can be good and bad.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/StellarBoor/status/1290499364490637314?s=19

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos