Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

V. Illych L. posted:

the rings should be falling down now, in front of the whole empire

i also don't think that dave is bleeding - white chain cut herself, not him. he's incidental, a means to an end - reduced to a sword. it really wasn't about him at all

I'm reluctant to make predictions about this comic anymore, but I like this one best: the idea that White Chain's victory is not through drawing the drop of blood, but by showing the worlds that Ki Rata, Solomon David's invincible fighting technique, isn't invincible - even if you have to transcend reality in order to beat it - and that Solomon David is not its invincible master. Watching him realize that his "Perfect Kill - Total Life Obliteration" technique both is imperfect and created life is victory enough, regardless of whether he's physically bleeding afterward.

(Now don't get distracted, White Chain. Shoulders square, head up, posture forward!)

Also,

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Those freckles are loving adorable. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That might be the best update to a webcomic I've ever seen.

Also, WC better not loving die at this point.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 3, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

akulanization posted:

So when she said that she doesn’t need to beat him to win 2 pages ago you think she was lying?

It's pretty clear that White Chain herself didn't know that punching Solly would result in gaining a human body. I think her line was simply stating that the mere act of her resisting Solomon was her victory itself regardless of whether she "won" the fight or not. To that end I agree with Neddy that WC was clearly aiming for Solomon's face and got a lot more out of the bargain than she expected.

edit: which begs the question what would have happened if the blow had done more than miss/glance Solomon's cheek? Would White Chain have exploded out of Solomon like Gog Agog?

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 3, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

That might be the best update to a webcomic I've ever seen.

Also, WC better not loving die at this point.

White Chain did die. Just her death gave birth to something... new.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't imagine Solly will try to kill White Chain at this point. After all, he just gave her the ultimate fist-bump.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The next shot is just a panel of gogs screaming in various states of amazement and shock.

Now THATS entertainment folks!!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jesus christ how are people still so dense to think that Royalty matters. Zoss achieved Royalty. It was useless.

Allison White Chain and crew are doing something different now.

We literally just had these pages! You cannot destroy the wheel by mastering it!

the wheel is an outside thing.

gently caress the wheel. The seventh syllable of royalty is I.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

turns out that if you crystallize your focus into a will to live, you'll live

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The thing that's going to piss off the readers is the reveal that White Chain, newly reborn as a thicc Real Human Girl is straight and won't hook up with Cio or Allison

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Does the paint/tattoo on WC's forehead mean something in K6BD?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Potato Salad posted:

turns out that if you crystallize your focus into a will to live, you'll live

There's even precedent! Soly D, Incubus, and Maya all did this in one way or another. Well, I suppose it's unclear if SD "martial arts bullshit" counts and I guess we don't know enough about Incubus to really say it, but Maya for sure is still alive because dying means she can't keep hating Incubus.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tulip posted:

They're Kintsugi lines.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

there's also a diamond on her brow after she went through the Bearer Of The Word Diamond, which is part of why i assumed she may have gotten some of his godhood

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tulip posted:

The diamond is similar to, but not exactly same, as the keys embedded in the heads of demiurges and their emissaries.

It probably represents the fact that she doesn't need that bullshit to transcend. It reminds you of those things precisely to point out the lack.

Also this.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, so it's cooler if White Chain catches the rings on her own arms when they fall, but it's probably more appropriate if they fall forgotten to the ground.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
So, the match is being broadcasted across most the multiverse, right?

So The Concordance, who have members who would be able to follow the high speed kungfu bullshit, are freaking the gently caress up now, right?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Royalty is abandoned. Because to be Royal means to have a set shape, a cutting shape.

Instead, they are building a new shape. A shape that is both cutting and building. A shape that has no-shape. Built using the divine suicide as generative.

Doing the thing that the Gods could not do, by reforging what is based on your own actions?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

So, the match is being broadcasted across most the multiverse, right?

So The Concordance, who have members who would be able to follow the high speed kungfu bullshit, are freaking the gently caress up now, right?

Well, the ones that bother watching.

Gog-Agog is, obviously. Incubus has a horse in this race, so he'll be paying attention. Jadis is all about watching and knowing so she'll be aware. So that's half. But Mottom and Mammon have their own pressing concerns absorbing their attention, and the scurrying of insects is beneath Jagganoth's notice anyhow.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It does certainly look like White Chain took something from Dave, seeing as she now looks so much like she could be his daughter.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
White Chain still has the blue-white tongue of flame at the top of her head.

This whole spread is awesome and I love it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

:five::five::dogcited::five::five:
:five::dogcited::dogcited::dogcited::five:
:five::five::dogcited::five::five:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jesus christ how are people still so dense to think that Royalty matters. Zoss achieved Royalty. It was useless.

Allison White Chain and crew are doing something different now.

We literally just had these pages! You cannot destroy the wheel by mastering it!
A lot of characters assume that Zoss achieved Royalty while he was alive, but I'm not so sure they're correct. The strongest proponents of this theory conflate power with Royalty.

Nilbop posted:

Juggernaut Star must be completely losing her poo poo rn
Was there ever a time 6 Juggernaut Star could be described as "extremely chill and collected rn"? Her three moods are, "barely contained rage", "uncontained rage", and "self-flagellation".

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dead Reckoning posted:

A lot of characters assume that Zoss achieved Royalty while he was alive, but I'm not so sure they're correct. The strongest proponents of this theory conflate power with Royalty.

Was there ever a time 6 Juggernaut Star could be described as "extremely chill and collected rn"? Her three moods are, "barely contained rage", "uncontained rage", and "self-flagellation".

It'll be 7 Juggernaut Star next time.

Contra
Aug 31, 2003
L(
Solomon David is definitely going to dust white chain, possibly even on the very next page.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Contra posted:

Solomon David is definitely going to dust white chain, possibly even on the very next page.

Solomon has already lost two daughters, he couldn't bear losing another. That's why he only has sons.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Darth Walrus posted:

It does certainly look like White Chain took something from Dave, seeing as she now looks so much like she could be his daughter.

The skin color is the same and they are both ripped, but that's about it? It does seem likely that SD is going to look at her and see an image of a daughter he never got to see reach adulthood, but I fully expect White Chain to reject that, too. She is her own being, formed from her own Will.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Straight White Shark posted:

Well, the ones that bother watching.

Didn't we have a scene a dozen or so pages ago where Juggernaut Star tells White Chain "all the angels are watching you very closely to make sure you don't gently caress up?"

Edit: it was less explicit than I though, but I think it's still implied: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-8-75/

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 3, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The skin color is the same and they are both ripped, but that's about it? It does seem likely that SD is going to look at her and see an image of a daughter he never got to see reach adulthood, but I fully expect White Chain to reject that, too. She is her own being, formed from her own Will.

The dreads look a lot like what Dave had when he had hair on top of his head, too.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Begemot posted:

Wait, do you think that White Chain was perfectly at peace with being a woman but just didn't like having a blocky stone body? That is not what was going on at all. This has absolutely nothing to do with how she is perceived by others, it is her internal self-image and change being actualized by kung-fu magic.

The point of Royalty is to pursue what you want in a pure and relentless way, unclouded by the world around you. This is why Meti is always advising people to become noodle vendors, feeding people is a much better thing to Want than killing people. People like Solomon and Maya can only see it as a sword, but Royalty lets you achieve whatever it is that you truly desire. There's isn't some dichotomy of "royal" desires and "non-royal" desires, it's more about how you go about getting it than what it is that you want.
I'm using ego in the way that means "self-concept", not "inflated sense of personal regard."

I think if White Chain didn't experience some level of dissonance & discomfort about her body and perceived gender, her very first appearance in the comic wouldn't be her getting sweaty about pronouns, she wouldn't be breaking down crying & saying "don't look at me!" on pg 1-8 of Wielder of Names, questioning why it matters to her brothers if she feels feminine on the next page, and definitely wouldn't use her magic anime desire fulfillment to Pinocchio herself a real female body that almost exactly matches the way she imagines herself. Using your power to externalize your self-image is fine, but it definitely requires you to have a strong attachment to your self-concept. Royalty as presented has always been about annihilating both attachment and ego/self.

Without that, how do you distinguish "pursu[ing] what you want in a pure and relentless way, unclouded by the world around you" from what the Demiurges already do, or just wanting something really bad?

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 3, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Darth Walrus posted:

The dreads look a lot like what Dave had when he had hair on top of his head, too.

Not really? WC's got pretty tight braids, Solomon David had bushy dreadlocks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I think you're all missing what's really going to be important in these next few updates: who's going to get White Chain some pants?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I think you're all missing what's really going to be important in these next few updates: who's going to get White Chain some pants?

Nyave has this poo poo handled

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Dave is either going to turn her into a fine red mist or hand her some clothes in a sign of respect, either way the problem is solved

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

Dave is either going to turn her into a fine red mist or hand her some clothes in a sign of respect, either way the problem is solved

Third option, Gog Agog gives White Chain some pants. And by pants I mean a worm.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Motherfucker posted:

The next shot is just a panel of gogs screaming in various states of amazement and shock.

Now THATS entertainment folks!!!

Except that one Gog-Agog who was drooling at the sight of Allicio will now be full-on ahegao face.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 3, 2020

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
dave is dead y'all. white chain fully self annihilated which means she got him fuckin good

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I'm :allears: to find out which one of you got close to figuring it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Mindblast posted:

I'm :allears: to find out which one of you got close to figuring it out.

Me too, but be ready for the answer to be 'none of us'.