Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/OE6F5Wc.mp4
Just had a funny moment in Ghost of Tsushima trying to challenge the lead guy to a standoff, he was having none of it

That's pretty good. I had one I posted in the general PS4 thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The way Jin's vision follows the guy and makes his head bob up and down really makes that video.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

owl_pellet posted:

That's pretty good. I had one I posted in the general PS4 thread:

:lmao:
Mine was the only real blatant one I've seen yet in-game, it's mostly been little geometry stuff when I'm riding or leaping off a horse.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just had a funny moment in Ghost of Tsushima trying to challenge the lead guy to a standoff, he was having none of it

According to contemporary japanese sources, the mongols did not respond to call outs for single combat between leaders by the japanese, so this is actually historically correct i guess?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm still in Act 1 and came across a burned out tower with a dude shooting fire arrows at some attacking Mongols. I did the standoff and as the Mongol is walking up to the stand off the guy shooting fire arrows hits a barrel behind him that explodes and starts my opponent on fire. He's laying there screaming and Jin doesn't move. Just watches him burn to death. Good times.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yates posted:

I'm still in Act 1 and came across a burned out tower with a dude shooting fire arrows at some attacking Mongols. I did the standoff and as the Mongol is walking up to the stand off the guy shooting fire arrows hits a barrel behind him that explodes and starts my opponent on fire. He's laying there screaming and Jin doesn't move. Just watches him burn to death. Good times.

Jin can be a pretty cold-hearted motherfucker.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

GyverMac posted:

According to contemporary japanese sources, the mongols did not respond to call outs for single combat between leaders by the japanese, so this is actually historically correct i guess?

Excuse me, contemporary sources clearly demonstrate that the Mongolians did respond to call outs!

By peppering the guys who challenged them full of arrows and laughing before charging.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cardiovorax posted:

The way Jin's vision follows the guy and makes his head bob up and down really makes that video.

That exact same thing happened in my game and at the same spot too, must be a geometry glitch. :allears:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/aramjabbari/status/1288715488030162944

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting Dynasty Warriors 3 flashbacks here.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Those archers are really on the ball. I think I saw only one arrow miss.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Can't they see they're just strengthening his Resolve?!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/bCvzxL8.gifv

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQD3JzDjmRg

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://i.imgur.com/UJGbDoc.mp4

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you're the mortar, sometimes you're the shell.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I just looked at this thread with the Awful App and realized for the first time that Twitter links are apparently supposed to appear in-line instead of as unconverted urls. For ages I've been wondering why nobody ever complains when people just empty-post a link like that and nothing else, and it turns out it was all just because Radium's lovely-rear end forums code broke on me again. :doh:

Well, that's my glitch for the day, I guess.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

I just looked at this thread with the Awful App and realized for the first time that Twitter links are apparently supposed to appear in-line instead of as unconverted urls. For ages I've been wondering why nobody ever complains when people just empty-post a link like that and nothing else, and it turns out it was all just because Radium's lovely-rear end forums code broke on me again. :doh:

I think there's a toggle for it somewhere in your user options

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cardiovorax posted:

Similarly, I occasionally grump that I haven't found the right option to enable when someone seemingly empty-posts a youtube link. I realize it embeds. I'm almost certain I even have the relevant option ticked, too. Fake e: I did not, I remember ticking it, but probably just closed the tab instead of castrating my bat.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cardiovorax posted:

that has nothing to do with the forums, you have Do Not Track or something enabled at the browser level which breaks embeds which is probably entirely coincidental to the fact that Twitter Jack is a horrible nazi-loving bastardman

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

that has nothing to do with the forums, you have Do Not Track or something enabled at the browser level which breaks embeds which is probably entirely coincidental to the fact that Twitter Jack is a horrible nazi-loving bastardman
Oh, I'm sure it's ultimately caused by something or other that I did for security and privacy reasons, but embeds on other forums work just fine whenever I choose to allow them, is all I have to say to that. Not here, though, which really tells me everything I need to know about who is probably to blame for that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sometimes twitter embeds break for me for absolutely no reason at all without me having changed any settings anywhere and I can only get them back by deleting twitter.com cookies. Very high quality website

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

on that note, embedded mp4s (and sometimes other video stuff) doesn't show up in posts for me, but if someone quotes the post it loads and plays.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Dareon posted:

Similarly, I occasionally grump that I haven't found the right option to enable when someone seemingly empty-posts a youtube link. I realize it embeds. I'm almost certain I even have the relevant option ticked, too. Fake e: I did not, I remember ticking it, but probably just closed the tab instead of castrating my bat.

Speaking of glitches, I'm not the only one seeing this text, right? This isn't some kind of text filter? Or bizarre slang for "saving my settings".

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

CzarChasm posted:

Speaking of glitches, I'm not the only one seeing this text, right? This isn't some kind of text filter? Or bizarre slang for "saving my settings".

It's just password protection -- I see "•••••••••• •• •••" instead of "castrating my bat".

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Grace Baiting posted:

It's just password protection -- I see "•••••••••• •• •••" instead of "castrating my bat".

the real pro move is to make all your passwords just a string of asterisks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Hell of a way to find out about your burgeoning aphasia

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CzarChasm posted:

:confused: I see "saving my settings" not "castrating my bat":

Dareon posted:

:shrug: Might want to post about it in the technical issues thread in QCS

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:confused: I see "castrating my bat" not "saving my settings":

this whole thing is confusing

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I think in this case it is the shitposters who are the bug.

All I see is hunter2, though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It doesn't look like anything to me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/D2x6GNu.mp4
Not exactly a glitch per se, but the combination of photo mode and animated environments worked exactly as well as I'd hoped after I wandered into the ocean

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/D2x6GNu.mp4
Not exactly a glitch per se, but the combination of photo mode and animated environments worked exactly as well as I'd hoped after I wandered into the ocean

Lol that's great. How is that not a glitch though?

Last Chance has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Aug 4, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Lol that's great. How is that not a glitch though?

It's behaving as intended - the character paused while environmental physics are turned on, and the photo mode camera being unable to pass through physical objects (i.e. the water surface). It's just the one situation I've found where those combine to look goofy as gently caress.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's behaving as intended - the character paused while environmental physics are turned on, and the photo mode camera being unable to pass through physical objects (i.e. the water surface). It's just the one situation I've found where those combine to look goofy as gently caress.
Yeah, it's one of the weirder quirks of Tsushima. I've never seen a game do that before, but when you go into photo mode, the rest of the game world keeps going while all the actors freeze in place. Most of the time this doesn't really cause any problems, although it is often incredibly weird and almost a bit disquieting to look at. Still images are one thing, moving images are another, but the strange juxtaposition of the two that Tsushima uses can lead to some pretty strange (and sometimes unintentionally humorous) imagery, like a scene of Jin posing stiff as a board and not even twitching while the still-animated falling leaves from the nearby trees keep smacking in his face. It a bit an uncanny to see in motion, like someone took a wax figure of the guy and put it in his spot while he wandered out of the frame to have a smoke break or something.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

I've never seen a game do that before, but when you go into photo mode, the rest of the game world keeps going while all the actors freeze in place.

I like it on the whole because it creates weirdly interesting scenes unlike anything I've seen in a game at least as often as it falls flat. And the best thing is, it's a toggleable option so you can ignore it forever if you don't like it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CzarChasm posted:

It was just bizarre slang. I do that sometimes. When you hit "save settings" it pops up "castrated bats are better-hung than you!" while it redirects. Thusly. I'm not trying to make fetch happen or anything, I'm just a weirdo.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, it's one of the weirder quirks of Tsushima. I've never seen a game do that before, but when you go into photo mode, the rest of the game world keeps going while all the actors freeze in place. Most of the time this doesn't really cause any problems, although it is often incredibly weird and almost a bit disquieting to look at. Still images are one thing, moving images are another, but the strange juxtaposition of the two that Tsushima uses can lead to some pretty strange (and sometimes unintentionally humorous) imagery, like a scene of Jin posing stiff as a board and not even twitching while the still-animated falling leaves from the nearby trees keep smacking in his face. It a bit an uncanny to see in motion, like someone took a wax figure of the guy and put it in his spot while he wandered out of the frame to have a smoke break or something.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hmmm

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I should've said goofy as gently caress on a huge scale, there are plenty of smaller goofs to be found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's not like that's mutually exclusive. It is behaving as intended. It's not really a glitch, per se, because that's pretty clearly more the result of an unhandled edge case. Whoever came up with that pretty unique new take on a photo mode apparently never thought about what would happen when Jin was in contact with a large physics-enabled object that isn't part of the class of actors that the photo mode would freeze in place.