Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What even did those companies do and also I don't get the flag at all it's a lovely visual metaphor

Why not make it be a gag on uncle Sam and it's decorated with corp logos and you could even do a two fer one and make it a mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ogantai posted:

Our boy is back!

Just add God giving the thumbs up, a crying Statue of Liberty, and a little Ben in the corner and it's a perfect Stan Kelly. Maybe Herman could be saying something like "I'm comin', Elizabeth!" for color, no pun intended. Kind of a "shout out to the homies" *wink*

Also lol at <---FREE SPEECH in the first one, it is good he indicated that because I would sincerely have no idea what the smoldering pile of stars is meant to signify

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope so. Im kinda worried he will burn it down with all the people telling him to kill himself in that GBS thread. Well, I do have a BnR account if things get that bad so well see.

we've been telling lowtax to kill himself for over twenty years, he'll be fine

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ogantai posted:

Our boy is back!

the love for cain is so weird, dude had literally no redeeming features. he abused women at work and had a tax plan that would have raised almost everyone's taxes. they should hate him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

the love for cain is so weird, dude had literally no redeeming features. he abused women at work and had a tax plan that would have raised almost everyone's taxes. they should hate him.
I figured that for conservatives, him being a black conservative was the ultimate endorsement of their ideology. Anyone really can get rich by themselves in America, racism is a thing of the past etc.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The most shockingly sexual Garrison yet.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The most shockingly sexual Garrison yet.

Nah, if we're including Tina Garrison it's not even close.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:wtc:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

can these people answer why gold is actually worth anything as opposed to paper? Gold sure as hell won't be worth poo poo if society collapses

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

can these people answer why gold is actually worth anything as opposed to paper? Gold sure as hell won't be worth poo poo if society collapses
If you leave aside all its technology applications, isn't it a basic human truth that rich people will want to coat their houses and temples and stuff in shiny stuff like gold? I figured that was the root of its lasting value.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Their perspective is that the arbitrary value we assign to currency means something if its tied to something physical and therefore limited.

It's literally the same mindset as bitcoin

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sir Tonk posted:

it’s been a currency through human history ignore all the bartering with actual useful things that doesn’t count

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gold is pretty rare, and does at least have actual uses in the modern era, beyond aesthetics

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

If I were to pour a molten metal down someone's throat, I would want that metal to be gold

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bedpan posted:

If I were to pour a molten metal down someone's throat, I would want that metal to be gold

gold is more poetic true, but if you want to kill the demons or spirits that live inside them you will probably want to use molten iron

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ogantai posted:

Nah, if we're including Tina Garrison it's not even close.

Guess I missed where Rosie Perez and Conan O'Brien pissed off the chuds

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
best to use a radioactive metal so there body is cursed and shall harm all who goes near it proving how foul a person they were, and how justified I was in killing them for the good of the lands.

I'll have no martyrs in my kingdom. :colbert:

dr_rat has issued a correction as of 14:30 on Aug 2, 2020

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

bedpan posted:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Drunkboxer posted:

gold is more poetic true, but if you want to kill the demons or spirits that live inside them you will probably want to use molten iron

Demons and spirits don't like cold iron. Jeez, learn the science!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

dr_rat posted:

best to use a radioactive metal so there body is cursed and shall harm all who goes near it proving how foul a person they were, and how justified I was in killing them for the good of the lands.

I'll have no martyrs in my kingdom. :colbert:

THIS IS NOT A CORPSE OF HONOR

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

If you're running out of ways to kill some monster to the point where you're pouring something molten down its throat and dunking it in for good measure, make the substance something which doesn't decay. Silver and gold are both acceptable for this, as are certain steels and even lead encased bronze in a pinch. Hell, marble works too. Then you take your newly made statue and drop it into the ocean somewhere random but deep - that monster will then become somebody else's problem some geological time down the road. Even if it doesn't die from starvation because ~woo magic~ if it's anywhere near a human mindset it'll likely have gone well beyond catatonically insane by the time it gets fished up or dug out.

The scifi version of this is of course dropping the monster into a black hole and letting it figure out the logistics of conquering a universe without even those by the time it makes it out due to relativity and the black hole evaporating due to radiation decay.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I feel like the respective traditional equivalents of those two methods are (a) placing a seal on them which doesn't wear off until the next time the planets align in a thousand years and (b) dropping them somewhere in deep space without a ship, but those are definitely cooler plans

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

That gold coin has a gold tooth

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

we posting 682 termination logs up in here now?

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

haha that fool dr. fauci, how clever I am for calling him out for these things he said that I just made up

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

He absolutely did go back and forth on the masks, for a short-sighted and stupid reason.

Fauci doesn't need defending, but the cartoon sucks for not presenting any theory (even an insane one) about why he would flip-flop. Garrison either couldn't fit any into his accepted conspiracy theories, or into the visual metaphor of he-loves-me-not-ing a coronavirus.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

Demons and spirits don't like cold iron. Jeez, learn the science!
I mean, eventually the iron would cool down.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Doc Hawkins posted:

He absolutely did go back and forth on the masks, for a short-sighted and stupid reason.

Fauci doesn't need defending, but the cartoon sucks for not presenting any theory (even an insane one) about why he would flip-flop. Garrison either couldn't fit any into his accepted conspiracy theories, or into the visual metaphor of he-loves-me-not-ing a coronavirus.

Fauci also sent some bad signals for throwing out that embarrassing pitch. He sucks.

It was really weird for those first few months when the government was saying not to wear masks. Glad I didn’t listen then.

SeANMcBAY has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Aug 3, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Honestly I'll probably die of laughter if Garrison gets Coronavirus and dies from it similar to other deniers like Herman Cain (9-9-9 tax for heaven)

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

lmao like trump would ever set rear end on a motorcycle let alone be able to balance it

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i was baffled until i realized that the headlight on his bike is supposed to be pence, not epstein

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dustcat posted:

i was baffled until i realized that the headlight on his bike is supposed to be pence, not epstein

Horse, not child

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Dustcat posted:

That's Pence? What's AJ supposed to stand for? I figured it was some TCOT sponsor of Ben's

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I was baffled because the headlight is what looks like Biden.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dustcat posted:

It’s Andrew Jackson, “Old Hickory”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

General Dog posted:

It’s Andrew Jackson, “Old Hickory”

ohhhh

well that makes... more? sense?