Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The fact that the Rock is involved with this makes me think they actually want to resume play and not just strip it of everything of value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is this the thread for saying the death of the XFL was scripted

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
it is op

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz/status/1290390827911581696

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lets go oilers

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THE XFL’S COMMITTEE OF UNSECURED CREDITORS THINK!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Oh no! Not the unsecured creditors.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Please send all your complaints to 6969 Know Your Role Boulevard.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bring back the AAF.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Bring back the AAF.

Perhaps Stone Cold would like to own a league.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Bring back the AAF.

Has a better chance of coming back and playing another game than this

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpbpsViIrY8

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Do you Smell what the Rock is buying!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Cool, can't wait for the XFL spinoff of "Ballers".

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the rock should hire oliver luck as the new commish

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is the best/dumbest news and I'm looking forward to where this goes. This is gonna be nuts.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1290304952414347264?s=19

Dany Garcia is The Rock's ex-wife

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This is genius. They are gonna make it like American Ninja warrior, but you get to play in the XFL.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Getting to have The Rock as the hype man for the XFL doing all the intros/press/commercials and more is probably worth more than the league itself. If he’s serious about this he could draw in a lot of first time viewers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BGrifter posted:

Getting to have The Rock as the hype man for the XFL doing all the intros/press/commercials and more is probably worth more than the league itself. If he’s serious about this he could draw in a lot of first time viewers.

Maybe but how well did The Titan Games do?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I never doubted the XFL!!! save us Dwayne!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

picture this. The Los Angeles Wildcats. The Dallas Wildcats. The Houston Wildcats.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This new season of ballers looks great.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, instead of scenes of a Lambo pulling up in front of the French Laundry it will be a Toyota Camry parking at a Bob Evans for agent/player meetings.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

picture this. The Los Angeles Wildcats. The Dallas Wildcats. The Houston Wildcats.

https://youtu.be/XItRcMuraCI

Half the league is Wildcats, half is Rough Riders.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
need to split them up a bit, get some rough cats and wildriders in there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The rock was on a national championship team with Miami, right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

davecrazy posted:

The rock was on a national championship team with Miami, right?

Yeah, from wikipedia:

quote:

Johnson was a promising football prospect and received offers from many Division I collegiate programs. He decided on a full scholarship from the University of Miami where he mostly played defensive tackle. In 1991 he was on the Miami Hurricanes' national championship team.[54][34] After suffering a number of injuries, he was later replaced in the starting lineup by future Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp.[55]

After Johnson graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of General Studies in criminology and physiology,[56] he signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League as a linebacker. He was assigned to the practice roster but was cut two months into the season.[34][57][58]

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
If you watch the original The U 30 for 30, he shows up on the sidelines fairly clearly once or twice and it always caused me to do a double take.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Maybe but how well did The Titan Games do?

Currently in its second season (more than any version of the XFL got)

Each episode having well over 3mil viewers live (more than any week-1 game of the XFL2.0 got by at least a million; at least tripled the viewership of every game in its final two weeks)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So if ncaa is canceled can this get on TV this Falls Saturdays?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Elephanthead posted:

There is zero time to make that possible.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Yeah presumably it takes more than a month to put together a professional sports league

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Yeah presumably it takes more than a month to put together a professional sports league

This guy bought an NFL team in 4 hours!

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

How many people would die in a league thrown together at the last minute, with no planning, no access to the levels of testing and medical facilities of an NFL or even FBS team, none of the redone spaced out facilities and run on presumably a shoe string budget?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pseudodragon posted:

How many people would die in a league thrown together at the last minute, with no planning, no access to the levels of testing and medical facilities of an NFL or even FBS team, none of the redone spaced out facilities and run on presumably a shoe string budget?

Thats why we use all life in prisonment and death row inmates

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

This guy bought an NFL team in 4 hours!

I hate to break it to you man but we're not gonna last four games out here

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Elephanthead posted:

All the players and (I think) coaches were released from their contracts when the league went belly-up, the new-new-XFL is gonna be basically rebuilding from the ground up. There's no chance they can get things together in time for a Fall season, and I strongly doubt they'll even play in Spring 2021.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
yeah, if they do manage to play a season ever it's functionally going to be a third XFL, not a continuation of the second one. the XFL as of right now is a brand name, they don't actually have teams or the infrastructure of a league and may not even have any employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mister Bates posted:

yeah, if they do manage to play a season ever it's functionally going to be a third XFL, not a continuation of the second one. the XFL as of right now is a brand name, they don't actually have teams or the infrastructure of a league and may not even have any employees.

Neither does lyft and you can get one anywhere. You just take the first 100 people that can prove they got a negative covid test in the last 3 days and start.