Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Summon Planar Ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

If you encountered a Prismatic Ham or Melf's Minute Ham would you Dispel Ham or Remove Ham?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Ham Spray

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Bacon of Hope.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Undeath to Ham.
Ennervating Ham.
Freedom of Ham.
Greater Ham.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Evrard's Ham Tentacles
Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Ham
Find Ham
Ham Strike
Hamkill

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Animate Ham
Dominate Ham
Hold Ham
Meteor Ham
Wail of the Ham
Ham Bind
Horrid Ham
Bigby's Clenched Ham
Trap the Ham

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Coward posted:

If you encountered a Prismatic Ham or Melf's Minute Ham would you Dispel Ham or Remove Ham?

Ham's Disjunction

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Dirk the Average posted:

Ham's Disjunction

mordenkainen’s ham

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Ham Splash.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hamstidigitation

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Contact Other Ham

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Melf's Cured Ham
Quintessham
Ham Stop
Ham Blank
Hamskin

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Summon Ham
Conjure Ham Beast
Summon Nature's Ham

All have I - IX versions, of course.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Hamball
Bigby's Crushing Ham
Otiluke's Ham Sphere
Ham Restoration
Flesh to Ham

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Of course if you are not able to learn all these Ham spells, a quick route to power is to replace one of your own hams with the Ham of Vecna.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Tenser's Floating Ham

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
Ham Stride
Delayed Blast Ham

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Coward posted:

Of course if you are not able to learn all these Ham spells, a quick route to power is to replace one of your own hams with the Ham of Vecna.

But the Ham of Kas looms in their future.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Canadian Ham.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CobiWann posted:

Canadian Ham.

Isn't that like dividing by zero?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
A lot of these spells work pretty well with Raise Bread

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I have some free time so it's time for another one of these things:

How the Kobold Got Ripped

As a way for the brother of our GM (I called him Sneaky Guy in my previous stories) to try D&D, we started a spinoff of our gods game, playing as lv3 mortals (starting with 1 uncommon magic item). The party consisted of:

A Kobold Rogue, played by Me
A Human Cleric, played by the Usual GM
A Gnome Wizard, played by the Brother
And a Tiefling Rogue, played by my Friend

Somehow independently of each other, we both built rogues, specifically arcane tricksters. I pointed out in the future he should probably telegraph what he's building so we don't have such overlap in the future, but Friend said it would work itself out. 

The game starts and we get our commission: the countess of the region fears there are spies on her estate planning to make an attempt on her life, and we are to pose as workers for the estate's renovation to investigate and eliminate the threat. We all meet in the tavern afterwards to introduce ourselves, when the cleric, deciding he was dissatisfied with the tavern's offerings, breaks a glass in his contempt. 

F: I loudly chide the cleric on his rudeness. (ooc) Mage Hand Legerdermain to steal some of his gold. How does this skill work? 
M: You didn't even read your skills? 
F: Don't worry about it. 

The GM rules that despite using his mage hand, the fact that he's trying to rob a party member who's looking right at him is enough to get him instantly caught. The cleric smacks him with his staff and between this and looking like a literal devil outs enough to get the Tiefling kicked out of the inn. Friend decides he's just going to start walking to our destination that's over 400 miles away, in the middle of the night. The rest of us get a room. 

Percentile dice decides that the rogue encounters a bandit (described as an old human lady). 

M: Is it too late to change my character? That actually sounds kind of cool. 

While the GM is doing combat with the other rogue, the rest of us are just role playing: talking about the job, what we think of the countess, debating religion, etc. All while I use a bell on a string and ball bearings to set traps and alarms on the door and window (I'm a Spy; force of habit). We're interrupted by the declaration that F is unconscious and needs to make death saves. 

Literally a 3, 2, 1 on the die. It was amazing. The tiefling is ruled dead, and the bandit loots his corpse. 

UGM: You lost to a grandma? 
F: Yeah. The dice *really* weren't cooperating. 
M: At least that resolves the double rogue issue. 

The next day the rest of the party sets out while F rolls a new character. 

GM: On the path you come across the body of a tiefling. You've seen him before. 
UGM: I guess we should bury him. 
M: Wait, did the bandit take everything or is there something we can use? 
GM: *grabs percentile dice* High/Low?

Turns out the bandit was only interested in his money and left his magic item, Gauntlets of Ogre Strength. My kobold went from 6 Strength to 19 in the first session.  

Before you ask, this was the only time my friend pulled something like this. He's been cool the rest of the campaign so far. 

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Coward posted:

Reminds me of the late night game we had which suddenly segued into just yelling out D&D spells with one word replaced with Ham. Power Word: Ham was in that number, as well as Mordenkainen's Faithful Ham, Tasha's Uncontrollable Ham, Ham 15' Radius, and my personal favourite, Teleport Without Ham.

Does this mean that it is forbidden to take a ham with oneself while teleporting, or that there is a lower-level version of the spell where a ham is a material component, but this version of the spell does away with that requirement?

I could also interpret "ham" to mean "cheesy humour", but let's not go down that rabbit hole.

Now I want a ham and cheese sandwich. :hampants:

Edit:

Doc Hawkins posted:

Lay On Hams

Winner

Bigby's Interposing Ham

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 3, 2020

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
A quick vignette from the same session:

How the Loxodon Found a New God

On our way to the countess's estate we had to stop at a port town to catch a boat. The GM decided there was a temple or shrine to the god of my friend's new character, a Loxodon Druid (pretty much every supplement was available to us; even the M:tG ones). 

GM: Who does your character worship anyway? 
F: Malikki I guess. That's a nature-y god.
UGM: You could always worship me. (In the god game UGM played a Tabaxi that had domain over cats and the harvest.)
F: Yeah, no thanks. 
M: It would make sense though; an elephant worshipping a cat. 

Everyone gives me a look. 

M: Well how else do you keep the mice away?
Everyone at the table: :aaa:
F: Alright, you sold me. 

He switched the druid out for a warlock next session, but envisioning the Blessing of Clear Nostrils was still amazing. 

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Does this mean that it is forbidden to take a ham with oneself while teleporting, or that there is a lower-level version of the spell where a ham is a material component, but this version of the spell does away with that requirement?

I always liked the implication that unless you knew the spell, teleporting would always bring a Ham with you whether you had one or not.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Coward posted:

I always liked the implication that unless you knew the spell, teleporting would always bring a Ham with you whether you had one or not.

Is this considered a misham?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Coward posted:

I now want to invent a spell called "Bigby's Imposing Ham" that is so huge and formidable that enemies lose morale around it and sometimes flee in terror. Disadvantage on saving throw if the target is Jewish.

This bad idea brought to you by a Jewish person who eats a lot of ham. Seriously, about half a kilo a week.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

clusterfuck posted:

Flesh to Ham

good lord

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

It's just Cure Serious Hams with extra steps.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
How would a Ham Breath Weapon work?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wild Ham Surge.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

CobiWann posted:

Deal Meat damage in a line I'd guess.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Bigby's Crushing Ham. You cast it and a giant ham falls and crushes everything flat.

I'll stop now.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

CobiWann posted:

As the player you roll for steam damage, but for the DM, they are obviously grilled.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

"And as my swift action, I cast Hyrdraulic Ham" *grabs the bone of my Quickened Metamagic Ham*

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

CobiWann posted:

Material component: 1/2 lb of black forest, sliced.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CobiWann posted:

just use the stats of Meatier Swarm

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

e: ^^^^ motherfucker...

JustJeff88 posted:

Bigby's Crushing Ham. You cast it and a giant ham falls and crushes everything flat.

this is as nothing compared to the horror of Bigby's Grasping Ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Just wait until you learn about a new casting system - hamonics. You get a certain amount of PP (pork points) per day to manifest powers like claws of the ham, pigor, and share ham.