Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did you know that the Republic of Gamers also made a live-action trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-8BKeMGPMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u should make the speech bubble come from above so its owning the person above you instead of making it look like its your own post thats cringe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stux posted:

u should make the speech bubble come from above so its owning the person above you instead of making it look like its your own post thats cringe

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

now thats epic!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

now thats epic!!!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Stux posted:

now thats epic!!!

How is it that your posts are always way worse than whatever you're trying to poo poo on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Why is a quote bubble saying something into another speech bubble

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
anybody use a numberpadless keyboard? thought it might make for better gaming ergonomics because your hands will be more parallel to one another (since you can fit your mouse closer to your keyboard hand). less strain.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

How is it that your posts are always way worse than whatever you're trying to poo poo on

i was saying it was good whats your freaking problem

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

me, seeing two people interacting normally and being friendly: wow why so hostile. why are you attacking that person.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

anybody use a numberpadless keyboard? thought it might make for better gaming ergonomics because your hands will be more parallel to one another (since you can fit your mouse closer to your keyboard hand). less strain.

you wanted a better keyboard for gaming..... so you got one with less buttons. you baka

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

just trying to think of ways to alleviate the pain pc gaming now causes me.

(probably should start by getting into shape)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I use a Corsair mechanical keyboard that doesn't have one precisely for this reason (also the numpad version was an extra 30 bucks).

It is generally fine although there's about a couple times a year when I miss having the numpad for data entry with a lot of figures

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

just trying to think of ways to alleviate the pain pc gaming now causes me.

(probably should start by getting into shape)

idk if youve tried it already or not but switching to pad whenever possible can help cos its a more natural hand position as long as you dont death grip controllers. also stuff like using a vert mouse or a trackball for non-gaming use/slower games to lower strain overall helps some people too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i'd love to get a mechanical keyboard one day

Stux posted:

idk if youve tried it already or not but switching to pad whenever possible can help cos its a more natural hand position as long as you dont death grip controllers.

yes, and one of the reason i despise the pc people making GBS threads on gamepad controls

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pc only people pick up a controller once, cant aim with it, and decide its garbage bcos sticks take more practice to use proficiently than a mouse. theyre dumb

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rinkles posted:

i'd love to get a mechanical keyboard one day

yes, and one of the reason i despise the pc people making GBS threads on gamepad controls

I've got a mechanical keyboard with no numpad and I really like the size of it. I've got a really small desk and so it fits well and it keeps my arms pretty much parallel with one another. Haven't had any wrist pain in my entire time that I've had it

e: I play a ton of Cataclysm (a roguelike) so I've considered getting one of those keyboards that is just a numpad I can plug in for when I need it

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 4, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It was one of those things where I was like, there's the rule that if you use something the majority of the day you should invest in quality

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

As I've aged out of the invincibility of youth I've discovered 3 things that keep me from feeling like total poo poo between my lovely computer job and my need for game:

- Keeping screens at a natural viewing angle (top of the screen matched with your eyeline)
- Keeping arms and hands at an ergonomic position. Hands should be level with or below your elbows when your arms are dangling.
- Your feet should be planted on the ground to allow you to sit upright in your chair while doing the above. Most people keep their seat too low or their desk too high - use a stool if you have to in order to accomplish this.

Making those changes fixed problems in my neck and shoulders that had been killing me for almost a year.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if you want to get a mech keyboard the fact you can get something with knock off cherrys in and have it be as good or better than them means you dont have to go out and drop $100 on a corsair or razer or whatever anymore. i got some chinese knock off board with gaterons in for £25 and its great

but if its at the point where its a serious concern might be worth looking at proper ergo layout keyboards over standard ones

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Isn't the dvorak layout supposedly more ergonomic

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my tiny anime waifu hands are too small to hold any controller comfortably

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I like this tagline

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't the dvorak layout supposedly more ergonomic

Dvorak is more ergonomic than Qwerty in the same way that being strapped into a harness to sleep standing upright is more ergonomic than laying down

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dvorak is fine but the people that are passionately pro dvorak are like keyboard qanon people

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Dvorak have already infiltrated human society... many of those in power are Dvorak agents or possibly even Dvorak themselves... keep your powder dry, gamers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Or maybe the qwerty are the aliens. Idk I type with a controller

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The esoteric typing method that I thought looked cool was the one in the Steam Big Picture mode, the Daisywheel where you tilt the stick to select groups of 4 letters and then type with the face buttons

Unfortunately Valve killed it like they do all their promising projects rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ68g9ZqukQ

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
As someone that spends 8 hours a day on Discord voice chat, all you mechanical keyboard people can flip right off to heck

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

As someone that spends 8 hours a day on Discord voice chat, all you mechanical keyboard people can flip right off to heck

Tell them to use push to talk like they should

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do DVORAK people really exist/where are they

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jail

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
r/animeoutofcontext

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
dvorak keyboards are a subtle imperialist ploy designed to make people say that the keyboard specifically built for english language is the superior one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtkdIrFkTeM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CubeTheory posted:

Sorry what can’t hear you over the click-clack of my blues