Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Fungah! posted:

cool. what sucks and is it getting better?

I haven't put much time into it, but I think it was just fairly bland/devoid of content at release, as per most recent Paradox releases. (Also stuff like cultures not being varied enough, from memory?)
Either way, from what I've heard Paradox have been working to improve it - and I think all the improvements/content updates thus far have been free, which is a nice change from having to pay $20 for each one, heh :v:

In Training posted:

Has anyone been paying attention to the CKIII dev diaries. It's out in a month and I forgot they were making it

Wait, what?! Surely they can't be ready to release it already! I thought it must've been coming out like, next year or something. drat - I really hope it's a solid release, and not like I:R's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

I haven't put much time into it, but I think it was just fairly bland/devoid of content at release, as per most recent Paradox releases. (Also stuff like cultures not being varied enough, from memory?)
Either way, from what I've heard Paradox have been working to improve it - and I think all the improvements/content updates thus far have been free, which is a nice change from having to pay $20 for each one, heh :v:

Wait, what?! Surely they can't be ready to release it already! I thought it must've been coming out like, next year or something. drat - I really hope it's a solid release, and not like I:R's.

cool thats what i was wondering, thank you major. i ended up getting it but i think i'll give it another couple months before i give it a shot. maybe i'll boot up stellaris, feel like its bern long enough that theyve fixed it up

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fungah! posted:

cool thats what i was wondering, thank you major. i ended up getting it but i think i'll give it another couple months before i give it a shot. maybe i'll boot up stellaris, feel like its bern long enough that theyve fixed it up

Good news they decided to reduce the amount of micro you have to do by increasing the amount of micro :thumbsup:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no one is interested. unstick this thread and the other non zelda thon thread.s gently caress you all

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Has anyone been paying attention to the CKIII dev diaries. It's out in a month and I forgot they were making it

I have been. It looks awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

no one is interested. unstick this thread and the other non zelda thon thread.s gently caress you all

This is the official CK3 hoipe thread.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Good news they decided to reduce the amount of micro you have to do by increasing the amount of micro :thumbsup:

:chaostrump:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Suck my dick rear end

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

:emptyqyote:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Unstick this turd

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Frig off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CK3 Hoipe then. Wonder what start I'm gonna play first...

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I知 either gonna do a count in the HRE, some random strategos in Byz, or Pomerania. Now that the HRE starts with weaker vassal contracts I知 interested to see how much it expands. Hopefully less than usual.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I知 gonna just do an Ireland to get used to the mechanics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is what I did for CKII and I'll probably do the same thing again

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In Training posted:

This is what I did for CKII and I'll probably do the same thing again

Yep, I'll probably just do the same. Then I'll probably do something a little more interesting/different, like Spain or a Byzantine vassal.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
been playing tno and i really like the presentation and story but it sort of sucks from a gameplay perspective and is very railroady

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did any imps preorder ck3? I found it cheap on indie gala and already activated the key on steam. Feeling hoipe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Tomorrow's the big day.

We're finally going to kill Groogy?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Did any imps preorder ck3? I found it cheap on indie gala and already activated the key on steam. Feeling hoipe.

Oh drat, I'll have to check it out after work! Thanks for that - since otherwise I'll have to wait until Paradox sort out the classification issues, to be able to buy it on Steam.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
was planning on waiting a few months until the inevitable patches necessary to play any paradox game are released but gently caress it, prolly gonna play it today. unpatched theres no way it will play worse than CK1 at its best, which i also played at release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When you click play it launches a Paradox Launcher like uPlay that needs a Paradox account. loving win.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

When you click play it launches a Paradox Launcher like uPlay that needs a Paradox account. loving win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xJv0Y5Hl8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can skip logging in to play Solo but it looks like you need one for multi. Anyway the menus and font on this game are great. Can't wait to look at them for a couple hundred hours.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I only got into 2 pretty recently after trying a few times over several years. I知 really loving it now that I took the time to figure poo poo out. Pretty sure there痴 tons of fun still waiting for me in 2, but the temptation of a shiny new one is definitely there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

buddy just gave me CK3 for my birthday so i guess i'm doin that instead of ff8 for the rest of the day

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

buddy just gave me CK3 for my birthday so i guess i'm doin that instead of ff8 for the rest of the day

Happy birthday, imp

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ahh... like seeing an old friend...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's everyone choosing for their first start. I did a Steppe tribe near Moldova and it's sweet, although I'm really just learning what all the Numbers are and sending out my army every year or so to pillage. Already had some classic CK poo poo where my spymaster uncovered his own secret child and was instantly imprisoned since it was a religious Sin, but due to Tribal governance laws I couldn't revoke his title so he ruled from Jail until he could afford his own ransom lol.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

What's everyone choosing for their first start. I did a Steppe tribe near Moldova and it's sweet, although I'm really just learning what all the Numbers are and sending out my army every year or so to pillage. Already had some classic CK poo poo where my spymaster uncovered his own secret child and was instantly imprisoned since it was a religious Sin, but due to Tribal governance laws I couldn't revoke his title so he ruled from Jail until he could afford his own ransom lol.

im doing the tutorial first, because it would be against the law to do anything else

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

my lovely computer cant run this :negative:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Plutonis posted:

my lovely computer cant run this :negative:

Same. I can稚 get past the initializing game screen

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Got passed it. Imp Zone magic comes through again

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Probably a duke in Scotland, I had a fun CK2 game as one of them so it would be nice to revisit that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I decided I知 gonna do a Karling count 1066 game so I can experience all the hook stuff properly. Ireland has a different kind of Catholicism which I wanna try out once I know the game a bit better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Hook system is sweet. Also religion reformation is bonkers overwhelming but maybe they had something like it in a CK2 expac I never played.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

The Hook system is sweet. Also religion reformation is bonkers overwhelming but maybe they had something like it in a CK2 expac I never played.

you never played holy fury???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

In Training posted:

it was the headline feature in holy fury iirc, you could reform pagan faiths. it was really cool so im glad they took it and turned it into this