Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

97% of all people getting a job is through some sort of connection. Rarely is your level of skill/education an actual deciding factor.

Source: me who always hired friends or people I somehow knew rather than applicants I didn’t know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

97% of all people getting a job is through some sort of connection. Rarely is your level of skill/education an actual deciding factor.

Source: me who always hired friends or people I somehow knew rather than applicants I didn’t know

More like oldmeritless!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Last time I was looking for work I was going door to door like an idiot (for no other reason than so my dad would shut up) ON TOP of having what amounted to a "job" of having to go to a place where they basically help you apply to as many places as possible that fit your qualifications, just to fill out and send applications for HOURS. And because every company had their own "clever" application process my pre-written resume was worth jack poo poo most of the time and I had to type out the whole thing manually for almost every application. I could recite it from memory by the end of the day. I once stood in a line that went out the door and up the street for a hotel job on the second day of a two day mass interview and waited for 7 hours with ~500 other chumps in order to talk to a person who would tell me they would "Be in touch". I was lucky if anyone ever bothered to send me an email telling me the position had been filled.

In the end I got the job I have now after I'd moved back to my hometown and talked to another hiring firm and they managed to get me into a trial position at a local warehouse. And by that I mean they weren't actually allowed to hire me until a year later. I actually agreed to just show up and work for experience until then out of pure boredom and the fact that I was terrified to somehow lose this chance. Not strictly legal but good God was it preferable to just sitting around all day with nothing else to do. This is in a country with strong worker protections and such so there was no pressure on me to do so, but again, the monotony was SOUL CRUSHING at this point.

Now I'm in the middle of buying my own apartment and when I think back on the last 5 years I feel just the most unbridled relief.

Boomers can pound the pavement until they hit the earth's core.

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Aug 3, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Good meltdown to start the week:
https://twitter.com/MerrittCorrigan/status/1290310476673347584

But wait, there's more!
https://twitter.com/MerrittCorrigan/status/1290366723045167106

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I loving wish even half the people they accuse of being "radical leftists" actually were.

Also, where can I stream episodes of this Tunisian LGBT soap opera?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, someone else pointed out it was Simpsons not Futurama. I could picture the scene in my head and robots plus that animation style made me think Futurama.

Though, mentioning Futurama did make me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagkBedzwI8

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I'm actually still confused on how that speeds anything up from a customer perspective unless there's someone else who can serve you and take your money, at which point, why didn't they take your order to begin with.

It might not, but can create the perception of it to the customer. I'm just spitballing, but it might feel a lot faster (or feel like better customer service or whatever) to have the order taken immediately, wait five minutes, then get coffee/food instead of waiting five minutes, having order taken, and then getting coffee/food immediately (pretend all coffee/food is prepared instantaneously for this hypothetical). Even if it takes the exact same time, it might feel better to the customer the first way because not being waited on immediately feels like you're being ignored while the latter just feels like they're brewing you a fresh cup or whatever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I loving wish even half the people they accuse of being "radical leftists" actually were.
I think actual leftists just activate the killbot instinct in them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

It might not, but can create the perception of it to the customer. I'm just spitballing, but it might feel a lot faster (or feel like better customer service or whatever) to have the order taken immediately, wait five minutes, then get coffee/food instead of waiting five minutes, having order taken, and then getting coffee/food immediately (pretend all coffee/food is prepared instantaneously for this hypothetical). Even if it takes the exact same time, it might feel better to the customer the first way because not being waited on immediately feels like you're being ignored while the latter just feels like they're brewing you a fresh cup or whatever.

Yeah at Tim Hortons the only possible excuse to wait for a drink is literally the time it takes the employee to pour it. They are continually making and shifting pots of coffee through, there’s never not one available to pour from right away.

The only exception is basically pre-brewed black tea, which sometimes you do have to wait to brew simply because it doesn’t have the same scale as the coffee. Everything else is instant. It’s common to order, get your drinks, and start drinking those while you wait for hot food if you ordered any. At the pickup area of a fast food restaurant.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Uhhhh thanks, Jerry? Nice fupa.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

I've been feeling down lately, but a big appearance from Jacob Wohl might be just the kind of pie-in-face slapstick comedy I need right now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I think actual leftists just activate the killbot instinct in them.

If they talked and listened to actual leftists, they would probably agree on a lot of things.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Fister Roboto posted:

If they talked and listened to actual leftists, they would probably agree on a lot of things.

historically this has not been the case

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, someone else pointed out it was Simpsons not Futurama. I could picture the scene in my head and robots plus that animation style made me think Futurama.

if it helps, i read it in bender's voice

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://twitter.com/chrismohney/status/1290323283716575233

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I tried to tweet something containing the phrase "attacking joe biden" and it wouldn't post until i changed it to "criticizing joe biden"

I didn't know that was a thing and it's hilarious

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

wizzardstaff posted:

I've been feeling down lately, but a big appearance from Jacob Wohl might be just the kind of pie-in-face slapstick comedy I need right now.

Did he ever get investigated by the FBI for making false rape/sexual assault allegations against a judge(?) or something?

I forget the details but this was during the Kavanaugh stuff if I remember rightly. I also remember the FBI getting involved because the person he falsely accused reported the matter to the authorities like a normal person instead of just denying it like a Republican.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Wohl accused Warren of being hard into BDSM and younger Marines as a Senatorial Cougar. He claimed that Mueller sexually assaulted a woman, but Mueller was in court for jury duty at that time.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

brands saying bae turds

I can't link them because (thread of all of them):
https://twitter.com/fart/status/1290448622686015489

But thankfully my app cached them

Edit: lol

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Aug 4, 2020

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
@Fart has never written a single funny tweet but he retweets some top tier good weird poo poo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Did a fan become the official account or something?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

EL BROMANCE posted:

Did a fan become the official account or something?

I'm guessing a gimmick account with a desired handle was purchased by the brand and they never deleted the old content after the changeover.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mustached5thGrader posted:

@Fart has never written a single funny tweet but he retweets some top tier good weird poo poo

I've never followed him on Twitter but Thorpe was always funny on the front page. Halloween SWAT remains one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've never followed him on Twitter but Thorpe was always funny on the front page. Halloween SWAT remains one of the funniest things I've ever read.

That's @Arr

@fart is John Hendren

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Aug 4, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JillFilipovic/status/1290480846915252229

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Probably a good thing he's not gonna have kids.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Oh, how bad could it-

Jesus Christ :staredog:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mak0rz posted:

That's @Arr

@fart is John Hendren

You're right, @fart's front page stuff is also fine I guess. I liked it when he went on the news to talk about Edward Scissorhands.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

99% of AITA is complete made up bullshit for upvotes.

e: like people pointed out in the comments, cancer diagnoses don't happen that quickly

Fister Roboto has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Aug 4, 2020

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm willing to believe at least a handful are real. A lot of threads on the AITA Twitter account at least come off as more realistically lovely. I could believe, for example, a couple with a too strict dress code to their wedding might try to dig their heels in and seek validation for their behavior.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/OregonProgress/status/1290535686773149699?s=20

Huh, who woulda guessed racist men aren't great on women stuff either?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

OP is not the idiot
https://twitter.com/GRIFTSH0P/status/1290280557562089474?s=19

This is what happens when you spend decades defunding arts education

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

The gently caress does boek the blue mean? Is this some new fantasy novel?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

organburner posted:

The gently caress does boek the blue mean?

"Graphic design is my passion."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

weird way to spell "lick that boot" but i guess that's what happens when you spend all the school money on fascist shock troops

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

lol it's loving unreadable.
Also why are the stars, which are on the top left of the flag, on the last letter all the way over on the right? Makes no sense.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

organburner posted:

The gently caress does boek the blue mean? Is this some new fantasy novel?

That's clearly a stylized A

Doesn't change the fact it looks like trash

There's also stars in the B T and K

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1290520588998582273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

grittyreboot posted:

OP is not the idiot
https://twitter.com/GRIFTSH0P/status/1290280557562089474?s=19

This is what happens when you spend decades defunding arts education

The turn arrow on the letter U kind of looks like a small hand to me, reaching behind it, which to me is either asking for handouts or accepting bribes. Either way, gets funnier the more you try to read into it.