Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Lambert posted:

Considering Chapo-level political commentary is "hot takes, no we didn't do any reading", this seems fine.

Yeah, and what we need in 2020 is truly high-quality political commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lambert posted:

Considering Chapo-level political commentary is "hot takes, no we didn't do any reading", this seems fine.

That's what the reading series is for

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

docbeard posted:

Completely unironically and sincerely, the entire series of Blackadder Goes Forth, but especially the final episode, is a stunning piece of antiwar fiction.

watched this today based on your rec. it was solid. I gave up on the show during series 2, but that last season is good stuff

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the thumbnail is misleading, it’s actually a massive two dozen tweet meltdown you have to open and zoom in to read which I did not because I have enough worms in my brain

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
breadtube should keep existing if only to have people whipped through dumb arguments

https://twitter.com/commiefr0g/status/1290343782450434049

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Yeah, and what we need in 2020 is truly high-quality political commentary.
*looks up from a pile of spreadsheets about the economy*

i'm busy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

*looks up from a pile of spreadsheets about the economy*

i'm busy

as if *blows off dust to reveal spreadsheets about virtual economies* neeeerd

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

chapo, the podcast that famously doesn't read the article

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Victory Position posted:

oh yeah? well I double dog dare you to post a ghost story :v:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

N. Senada posted:

watched this today based on your rec. it was solid. I gave up on the show during series 2, but that last season is good stuff

The show has pretty much defined U.K perceptions of WWI, which is pretty great because all the tories get incredibly mad that don't think their grandad lord Nonce the III was a hero for getting 10 million people killled at the somme

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Some thoughts about today's episode. It's foolish to think that the Bolivia's Coup government ever had a job to make new "fair" elections

And two I think Felix has a good point about 2007/8 being the end of "Old America" but I'm not sure how much of that is his own nostalgia to be in his teens to early 20s again l

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it was just taking the usurpers at their word: they said that they only did the coup to have another election, and they can't even do that. it's just tracing the facade and pointing out that the internal logic isn't even being met.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

the thumbnail is misleading, it’s actually a massive two dozen tweet meltdown you have to open and zoom in to read which I did not because I have enough worms in my brain

The thumbnail wasn't misleading. When I tried doing that, it was still too small to read.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1290652112683139077?s=20

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

do you think the bellingcat saga will end with brown moses getting the william francis buckley special

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

donoteat is a cool guy because on his elon musk loop video when he shows his youtube recommended selection the cool adam video is near the top of the list

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol cool adam

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god it just keeps getting worse

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lots of sad low-energy folks trying to hitch onto the rising stars of podcasting

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/1290535932492488704

note the dates

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Taintrunner posted:

oh my god it just keeps getting worse

??? what is matt even doing

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

is she role playing as a Prussian cop talking about how FAT and DANGEROUS marx is circa the 1830's

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Lady Militant posted:

sitting on top of a powder keg playing with matches, by the sound of it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

lots of sad low-energy folks trying to hitch onto the rising stars of podcasting

note the dates

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1290682649002905601

target destroyed

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lady Militant posted:

Making live streams that I'm not really into but people seem to like

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Phone posted:

it was just taking the usurpers at their word: they said that they only did the coup to have another election, and they can't even do that. it's just tracing the facade and pointing out that the internal logic isn't even being met.

Yeah but when has a South American coup ever lived up to the logic given for the coup and wasnt a blatant grab by reactionaries, though I don't get why the constant delays for the election when they could just rig the vote

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

KomradeX posted:

Yeah but when has a South American coup ever lived up to the logic given for the coup and wasnt a blatant grab by reactionaries, though I don't get why the constant delays for the election when they could just rig the vote

It can be worthwhile to reiterate on this stuff to remind less jaded people.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

note the dates

You know outside of people thinking a celebrity who died yesrs ago died again I really don't see the point im harping about how old an article is

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

JustaDamnFool posted:

It can be worthwhile to reiterate on this stuff to remind less jaded people.

True, I did not consider that

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lady Militant posted:

Streaming about why the Confederacy was bad and the world would probably be better if Lincoln had survived, last I checked.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Halloween Jack posted:

Streaming about why the Confederacy was bad and the world would probably be better if Lincoln had survived, last I checked.

wow how dangerous and transgressive

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man I feel like a couple of us could get a good podcast going. I’m great in the crazy angry person role. I got a ton of recording equipment and mics also because of my band that can’t ever play live music again.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Harton posted:

Man I feel like a couple of us could get a good podcast going. I’m great in the crazy angry person role. I got a ton of recording equipment and mics also because of my band that can’t ever play live music again.

first there would be a cspam podcast

then someone would get mad and call the podcasters revisionist because they don’t like beans

then there would be a breakaway podcast claiming to be the real cspam podcast

by the end of it there would be 12 podcasts and 100% of their listeners would be the other podcasts trying to beef with them

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
bappin needs a podcast
wanna know what that 5th-dimensional imp sounds like

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dr. Killjoy posted:

bappin needs a podcast

I would listen to the bappin cast, always up for a good horror story session

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dr. Killjoy posted:

bappin needs a podcast

i'm picturing a Rumpelstiltskin type figure who only speaks in rhymes and riddles, but also he won't shut up about how Assad must be destroyed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KomradeX posted:

Some thoughts about today's episode. It's foolish to think that the Bolivia's Coup government ever had a job to make new "fair" elections

And two I think Felix has a good point about 2007/8 being the end of "Old America" but I'm not sure how much of that is his own nostalgia to be in his teens to early 20s again l
If the 2008 election was the end of Old America, there was a years-long process of reality unwinding into fever dream logic that we called the Bush administration.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Lightning Knight posted:

first there would be a cspam podcast

then someone would get mad and call the podcasters revisionist because they don’t like beans

then there would be a breakaway podcast claiming to be the real cspam podcast

by the end of it there would be 12 podcasts and 100% of their listeners would be the other podcasts trying to beef with them

I named my cat beans

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

i'm picturing a Rumpelstiltskin type figure who only speaks in rhymes and riddles, but also he won't shut up about how Assad must be destroyed.

Tonight tonight, my plans I make, tomorrow tomorrow, the oil I take. Rumpelstiltskin, he's our bro, but the Lion Assad? He Must Go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

i say swears online posted:

Tonight tonight, my plans I make, tomorrow tomorrow, the oil I take. Rumpelstiltskin, he's our bro, but the Lion Assad? He Must Go

Who Must Go? You Don't Know
Your Own Full Name So You Must Go

How Dare You Bro, My Name I Know
Tis Rumplestiltskin And
oh gently caress no