Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Iggy looks alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That looks like Gappy doing cosplay as Jotaro.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Pretty much every old character looks terrible in Araki's modern style.

Jeff Platinum.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Here, have some modern Iggy, both dog-faced and man-faced:

Excuse me Sir, this Jotaro appears to be defective and I should like to return him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hooman posted:

Excuse me Sir, this Jotaro appears to be defective and I should like to return him.

I wonder if Araki can even draw him in the old style anymore

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if Araki can even draw him in the old style anymore

I think he's actually gone on record that he can't.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you've been doing a series for like 35 years it's probably a little bit unreasonable for someone to expect you to magically recreate a style you were using decades ago

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I gotta admit, Jotaro in the new style has grown on me. I'd like to see part 3 in the new style, it'd probably feel a lot different with a Jotaro that actually looks 17 trying to sound badass before backing it up with an actually-still-swole Star Platinum

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Araki drew Heaven Ascension Dio in something pretty close to the SDC style so presumably he can still do it, but chooses not to

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2Esbj841E

wookong
Feb 10, 2019

I finished watching part 5 today and it was nothing short of godlike. Maybe even kino.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

multijoe posted:

Araki drew Heaven Ascension Dio in something pretty close to the SDC style so presumably he can still do it, but chooses not to

Did he though? I thought that DIO was designed by CC2.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

multijoe posted:

Me: An anime only viewer in the anime thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's from the latest game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's hard to explain since the game he's from covers Part 1 - Part 8. The easiest explanation is that it's a DIO that killed the cast of Part 3 and attained his goal of improving The World's capabilities.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's basically explicitly weird fanfiction and has no relevance to the actual series by design

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

tbh I thought I was in the manga thread but yeah it's really nothing to worry about, just stupid fanfic Dio getting juiced off of the plot elements of a later part

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

id love to juice dio off

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://youtu.be/AzZcHkJbaIY

https://youtu.be/kWHBtaneGVE

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 25, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9L8k8M8zRc

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"What if Phantom Blood starred Jotaro?"

Then the series would be a lot shorter. :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That was pretty overkill...but I can't argue against it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

he punched that fucker all the way to Pakistan

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Kinda dropped off Part 5 but now got back into and only 5 episodes left.

Yo what happened to Koichi I thought he was gonna be the Joseph like in Stardust Crusaders orJotaro in part 4. He only appeared at the start to meet Giorno and thats it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ulio posted:

Yo what happened to Koichi I thought he was gonna be the Joseph like in Stardust Crusaders orJotaro in part 4. He only appeared at the start to meet Giorno and thats it?

lmao

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That was super lame though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I agree it's weird that Koichi just fucks off to go on vacation but at some point in this series you have to get used to poo poo just getting dropped. I'd think less of it if Koichi's presence would have actually done anything to improve Part 5 as written, but I doubt it. It's kind of overstuffed and breakneck as it is.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what reason would koichi even have to want to stick around a bunch of murderous mafia people. it's literally a standard thing in the industry to have an old character briefly show up to ease into a new part and then focus on the new characters.

i swear to god if this is another 'aRaKi FoRgOt' thing

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, Koichi was only there to make sure Giorno wasn't going to go Full Dio. He proved he wasn't a threat, so there's no point for Koichi to hang around.

Plus, yeah, Pt5's cast is already huge, it didn't need more people being around.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Koichi leaving made sense, it was honestly weirder that he showed up at all. I hope he had a nice vacation after that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Plus that would’ve meant he was in his early 20’s, right? Which makes him just as ancient as Part 4 Joseph.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Regalingualius posted:

Plus that would’ve meant he was in his early 20’s, right? Which makes him just as ancient as Part 4 Joseph.

He's only 18 during Parte 5 according to Jojo Wiki.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ulio posted:

He went sightseeing.

Sadly, Part 5 does not really give that much of a gently caress about previous parts beyond establishing a few connections and here and there.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kochi going on holiday in Italy served the same purpose as the Simpsons meeting Chief Wiggum in New Orleans at Mardi Gras

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Koichi existed to be the Speedwagon of Part 5 until another Speedwagon role could be found.

Funnily enough it was one of Mista's bullets that really went whole horse into the role as a Speedwagon.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

He's only 18 during Parte 5 according to Jojo Wiki.

yeah, he was 16 during part 4's 1999 bizarre summer, and part 5 takes place during 2001

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Part 5 cares so little about previous parts that Giorono being Dio's son amounts to absolutely nothing.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Funnily enough it was one of Mista's bullets that really went whole horse into the role as a Speedwagon.

Hmm the entire horse you say?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Part 5 cares so little about previous parts that Giorono being Dio's son amounts to absolutely nothing.

did this argument just happen here or in the manga thread

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

did this argument just happen here or in the manga thread

That was the manga thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Koichi should've been in the background at the Colosseum on the phone with Jotaro chatting about how fun Italy has been, while at the same time Polnareff was lamenting how he's been unable to contact anyone for help out of fear of Passione intercepting his communications.