Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've definitely seen some computer stuff in the manga here and there. Makes sense that they'd do a bunch of stuff in photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Clip Studio Paint has a suite of features tailored for the production of manga and comics and I imagine a lot of artists use that instead of photoshop these days.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

digital tools would make redraws a hell of a lot easier

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah, she's getting put into a corner by Psykos but throughout it all, her concern is for the safety of other people. Even when Genos saved her from Psykos her main concern is that he'll get tossed into a wall (which is funnily what she did to Genos during the end of the Boros arc).

Presumably, if she wasn't preoccupied with saving a bunch of other people, Tatsumaki could probably handle Psykorochis by herself.

I got the impression that she was threatening Genos for muscling in on her action.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How hard is Genos going to job again?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Always love seeing Genos kick rear end (until he inevitably is torn to pieces), but, not going to lie, kinda wish that big energy beam had been deflected by a certain metal bat...

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Murata livestreams from time to time:
https://twitcasting.tv/nebu_kuro/show/

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

I've meant to ask this thread for a while: in modern day mangas like this, do the artists draw every detail by hand or are computers used to fill in things like motion lines and stuff?

Even in normal chapters, where you have Saitama walking down the street, the characters are pretty basic, but there is an insane level of detail in the city scape around them. Is Murata doing all of this himself?

There's a series called Bakuman that answers these very questions. One guy usually does nothing but backgrounds, another does little things like speed lines/action effects/etc. Basically they divvy up the duties for each page then stack em on top of each other like photoshop layers for the finished page product.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Captain Quack posted:

Murata livestreams from time to time:
https://twitcasting.tv/nebu_kuro/show/

The art is cool, but honestly, I'm almost more impressed by how healthy his cuticles are. Guy looks like he takes good care of his hands, which makes sense I suppose.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parrotine posted:

There's a series called Bakuman Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki that answers these very questions. Hori-senpai usually does nothing but backgrounds, Mikoshiba does little things like speed lines/action effects/etc. Basically they divvy up the duties for each page then stack em on top of each other like photoshop layers for the finished page product.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Parrotine posted:
There's a series called Bakuman Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Time Paradox Ghost Writer that answers these very questions. One person usually does nothing but backgrounds, one does little things like speed lines/action effects/etc. Basically they divvy up the duties for each page then stack em on top of each other like photoshop layers for the finished page product.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Presumably he got that place back when he was fresh out of school and job hunting, and then the rest of the city evacuated due to monsters.

It was evacuated during the mosquito attack at the beginning of the series. People were depicted as living there despite the massive monster attacks until then and I think Saitama just doesn't worry too much about the fact that no one is coming by to collect rent. He still has utilities after all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Was Saitama dead all along? He lives alone in a deserted city, nobody outside of "superheroes" knows him or asks about him, he somehow goes to sales in an abandoned city. makes u think

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Gologle posted:

Was Saitama dead all along? He lives alone in a deserted city, nobody outside of "superheroes" knows him or asks about him, he somehow goes to sales in an abandoned city. makes u think

Now would this movie be called Sixth Punch or Oneth Sense?

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Super Rad posted:

Now would this movie be called Sixth Punch or Oneth Sense?
One Sense Man?

And I think Saitama is still in his original apartment because moving all his stuff would be way too much of a hassle.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I mean, why move when you now have a cyborg that presumably repairs the place when holes are made. For free. Well he repairs the single apartment anyway.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gologle posted:

plus hes bald

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Gologle posted:

He also talks about how he's numb and can't feel anything. Why would a dead guy need to feel?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I reject this premise. Zombieman feels. He's a hard-boiled noir detective and they have the most feels under their hardened exterior.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Supersonic Shine posted:

That little smirk Tatsumaki gave before sending those boulders at Psykos is the most I've ever liked her. I'm still in awe of Murata's skill at portraying immense scale.

Boulders?

She flung a significant part of the continental shelf at Psykos.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that’s just science. :hmmyes:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

CannonFodder posted:

Boulders?

She flung a significant part of the continental shelf at Psykos.

https://twitter.com/SheriffAlert/status/1221881862244749315

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe someone used a strategy

Oh, poo poo, I should've mentioned that it's only a revision of 104.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 20, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
no murata you cant just redraw a chapter from 1 year ago!!

murata: huhu pencil goes skrrr

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
This is all cool and good but it is confusing me.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I thought "Haha, Murata will just redraw last 20-30 chapters while changing the story as he goes along" was a joke, but that's what is really happening, huh?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I thought "Haha, Murata will just redraw last 20-30 chapters while changing the story as he goes along" was a joke, but that's what is really happening, huh?

Imagine how the publishers feel, the volumes they released are already horribly outdated.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Darth Murata: I am altering the story. Pray I don't alter it any further.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess he's decided that the throwaway power suit mercs are now recurring characters.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

What he said wasn't even clever!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jerkface posted:

no murata you cant just redraw a chapter from 1 year ago!!

murata: huhu pencil goes skrrr

Murata's power has grown too great. We must find something that can stop this madness!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i guess he's decided that the throwaway power suit mercs are now recurring characters.

If anything I wouldn’t be surprised if ONE recently decided that, told Muruta that he was gonna put them in somewhere later and Muruta decided to just put them in because why not.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Last Celebration posted:

If anything I wouldn’t be surprised if ONE recently decided that, told Muruta that he was gonna put them in somewhere later and Muruta decided to just put them in because why not.

Id really love to know why there are so many rewrites/redraws.
Because its getting a little ridiculous.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I like it, it's not really something that's normally done in published media like this but being able to revise a story later is a good thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Murata is stuck in a Re: Zero sort of deal where he has to redraw a bunch of previous chapters correctly before he can do any more new ones.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Eopia posted:

I like it, it's not really something that's normally done in published media like this but being able to revise a story later is a good thing.

I really don't agree. I'd rather go forward than backwards. This only makes the story harder to follow because you need to remember which version is the correct one, all the while the newer version contradicts later events so those need to be redrawn as well. Plus I can't imagine anyone that bought the volumes can be happy knowing that they bought essentially non-canon material.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

If they're gonna do all these redraws, can they remove all references to Puri Puri Prisoner from the comic while they're at it?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Redraw translation up: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1002294/1

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I guess, on the bright side, the redraws can motivate me to eat better and get more exercise, because at the rate this is going, I am going to have to survive well into old age if I want to see how this story ends...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The story ends with one punch man one punching