Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I miss Big Bill :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My favorite Olay product is the one made from palm oil harvested by child slaves

e: Like every time a brand tries this humanizing bullshit I always go "okay let's take 5 minutes to read about you and your parent company" and literally 100% of the time I'm able to find something along the lines of "uses death squads to enforce its child slave labor practices and killed 1000 workers by spraying them with hydrofluoric acid"

Guys maybe capitalism is... bad??

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Aug 3, 2020

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

Guys maybe capitalism is... bad??

Actually, it's the best system and there can be no alternatives to ruining the whole planet.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bonus out of context quote from wikipedia:

quote:

The Church of Satan denies being supported by Procter & Gamble.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

In January 2019, CEO David Taylor said in Switzerland: "The world would be a better place if my board of directors on down is represented by 50% of the women. We sell our products to more than 50% of the women." The Wall Street Journal noted the company's board of directors has more than twice as many men as it does women.

Man that sure would be nice, but I mean, what are you gonna do? Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Bonus out of context quote from wikipedia:

There's a whole Dollop about that one if you need proof that Americans have always been insane.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shame Boy posted:

My favorite Olay product is the one made from palm oil harvested by child slaves

Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?

:thejoke:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Let’s not be hasty.

Some of them are made from conflict minerals.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Looking at a spreadsheet and trying to determine risk factor on investing in the optimal number of airline tickets to highly inpacted destinations to save some money on Grandma's funeral costs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I assume this started as like, "oh I know, we'll just offer to pay their medical costs if they get sick, almost like a warranty!" and then someone else looked at how much that would cost and was all "yeah that's not gonna happen, but I've got a better idea..."

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1290386878206795777

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they just open the door and chuck you out obvs

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Jel Shaker posted:

ghana pallbearers dance right out the back door

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

I assume this started as like, "oh I know, we'll just offer to pay their medical costs if they get sick, almost like a warranty!" and then someone else looked at how much that would cost and was all "yeah that's not gonna happen, but I've got a better idea..."

the article does say they will also pay medical costs, up to a certain amount

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Jel Shaker posted:

d.b. coopering your way to a free funeral

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bag em and tag em posted:

Looking at a spreadsheet and trying to determine risk factor on investing in the optimal number of airline tickets to highly inpacted destinations to save some money on Grandma's funeral costs

The headline doesn’t say the traveller has to die, just be infected.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

The headline doesn’t say the traveller has to die, just be infected.

Not a lot of living people get a funeral though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just in case anyone is missing it. That is 3 x new 'k' hubs.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Inceltown posted:

Just in case anyone is missing it. That is 3 x new 'k' hubs.

Does that mean something? :confused:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tiggum posted:

Does that mean something? :confused:

Kris Kross Klub

Get with the times.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Missed a gold opportunity to call it the K-Hole

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

Missed a gold opportunity to call it the K-Hole

khive hater spotted

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i read up on this a bit ago and what it looks like to me is the producers squeezing the vineyards into insolvency to keep the price of the product up and to drive them into debt, since that will permanently alter the balance of power in their favour

if they succeed they'll be able to consolidate champagne vineyards over the long term and completely cut out the yards since they'll either have them over a barrel or simply own them outright. it's an interesting picture of late capitalism

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

buying a 2020 vintage might be a decent investment if one knows enough and has storage, too - apparently it's going to be a pretty high-quality vintage, and as indicated they're not going to produce a ton of bottles, relatively speaking

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/hipsterscumbag/status/1290938617083375616

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I've already put in my preorder deposit on the new CyberChips

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Not a lot of living people get a funeral though.

I mean eventually they do

Scary! Too
Apr 10, 2020

Brap

Gotta have my stealth chips

Has Elon reinvented the wheel yet?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm "70% single-origin"

Reminds me of the time I saw a microwave dinner proudly declare that it was "70% natural", like it's the best thing they could possibly think of to put on the box.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Scary! Too posted:

Gotta have my stealth chips

Has Elon reinvented the wheel yet?

Do steering wheels count:

e: While looking that picture up I found a story from earlier this year about a one month old Model 3's steering wheel just falling the gently caress off while the dude was driving. I had to stop paying attention to Musk news a while ago since it would just make me real fuckin' mad and there's only so much I can be real fuckin' mad at at once, but good to see Tesla's quality control is the same as ever.

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 21:03 on Aug 5, 2020

stevewm
May 10, 2005

And now I've learned that apparently Kmart is still a thing in Australia. (though it only has a historical relation to the dying/dead Kmart of the US) And that Target in Australia has no connection at all to Target in the US.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

stevewm posted:

And now I've learned that apparently Kmart is still a thing in Australia. (though it only has a historical relation to the dying/dead Kmart of the US) And that Target in Australia has no connection at all to Target in the US.

Just wait until you find out what Maccas is

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

Just wait until you find out what Maccas is

How very Australian..

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Shame Boy posted:

Do steering wheels count:

e: While looking that picture up I found a story from earlier this year about a one month old Model 3's steering wheel just falling the gently caress off while the dude was driving. I had to stop paying attention to Musk news a while ago since it would just make me real fuckin' mad and there's only so much I can be real fuckin' mad at at once, but good to see Tesla's quality control is the same as ever.

I don't know much about mechanical engineering but I do know that you don't want to mix anything that involves people moving and edges narrow enough to fit within the orbital of a human skull

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The impact profile of the steering wheel is an afterthought compared to making the car not kill you by mistaking a truck for the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

I'm "70% single-origin"

Reminds me of the time I saw a microwave dinner proudly declare that it was "70% natural", like it's the best thing they could possibly think of to put on the box.

it probably just means that the chocolate is 70% cacao content/30% sugar and other ingredients