Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

It's not as refined as it could be perhaps, as it looked like the mother had a bedridden-esque trait while leaving the court, but it's probably not a big deal. I'm liking all the tooltips we're seeing and the game looks like it's going to be fun at the very start so far.

Also, ruler designer confirmed as not at launch but free DLC down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

fuf posted:

I guess that makes sense but intuitively it feels a bit weird that as a ruler your elderly mother would leave for someone else's court

If that’s based on her traits/personality or whatever that’d be rad as hell. Like content mom is cool to hang around, but ambitious mom says gently caress you and tries to find someone else out there to press her interests.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

fuf posted:

I guess that makes sense but intuitively it feels a bit weird that as a ruler your elderly mother would leave for someone else's court

He wasn't her only son, maybe she bounced because she thought his brother would be more proactive?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
yeah ok these are all good reasons, hopefully it was something like that

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Similar event happened for an uncle who was labeled as "dishonorable villain". Some people really care about those claims.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Best thing about CK3 is going to be a whole new generation of wacky patch notes.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
man this guy is kinda playing too fast. I didn't really understand went wrong with that succession scheme where they killed the baby. I want quill18 to slowly explain things to me

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

fuf posted:

man this guy is kinda playing too fast. I didn't really understand went wrong with that succession scheme where they killed the baby. I want quill18 to slowly explain things to me

They just didn't pay attention and didn't see that they were never the heir to the kid.

I love the new Knight system. Generally seems like a far more interesting game than CK2, with less of a reliance on repetitive events and more systems focus. It also seems like the inevitable Game of Thrones mod is going to be amazing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wake up and tune into the stream to see their sister-lover helping them pick up women in a bar.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Sindai posted:

Wake up and tune into the stream to see their sister-lover helping them pick up women in a bar.

It looks like it was one of those Intrigue lifestyle events, they had the Skulduggery focus and this one was probably from the Temptation focus. I believe I remember the Dev Diary on this topic saying you could get lifestyle events that were outside of your focus, though more rarely, within the same group. Seems like an example of that. Also, their sister-lover was also the spymaster, which is probably why she was involved in the event.

Anno posted:

If that’s based on her traits/personality or whatever that’d be rad as hell. Like content mom is cool to hang around, but ambitious mom says gently caress you and tries to find someone else out there to press her interests.

Rewatching the replay it looks like the mother who left was actually content. And definitely has some sort of negative trait (probably health-related) with a bed icon.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 5, 2020

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

fuf posted:

lol 10 minutes into the stream and they realise the player character has his sister as a lover

I mean it's not a weird thing to change, knowing this series and its audience, but I just looked at the CK2 history files and they weren't scripted to be lovers in the CK2 1066 start.

(historically, some people/chroniclers thought Alfonso and Urraca were lovers but that might just have been the usual Secret History style slanders against disliked political figures)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Okay my main takeaway from the stream is that the UI is an absolutely enormous improvement, especially the expandable notification list for things that don't get popups, and all the hyperlink text to people, places, and tutorials.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Looks like we don't have a CKIII thread yet so I'll just pop in to say I'm very excited for September and the stream looked good from what I could catch. Steam tells me I managed to get through CKII with "only" 425 hours played, so we'll see how I do in CKIII.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Sindai posted:

Okay my main takeaway from the stream is that the UI is an absolutely enormous improvement, especially the expandable notification list for things that don't get popups, and all the hyperlink text to people, places, and tutorials.

Having an in-game encyclopedia is just such a no-brainer for strategy games nowadays I always get pretty annoyed when a game doesn't have it. Having tooltips you can click on to navigate to it or bring up text from it is a natural extension of that.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'll make a CK3 thread at the end of the month if that's all right with the people here.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I am incredibly impressed by what I saw on stream today, I'm hoping they start letting streamers and youtubers have a crack at it soon.

CodenamePink
Jan 27, 2011
I hope they work on the building details on the map.
All the settlements are just circular castles and look extremely generic.

I know CK2 had poor map/city visuals, but at least it looked less generic.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Magil Zeal posted:

Having an in-game encyclopedia is just such a no-brainer for strategy games nowadays I always get pretty annoyed when a game doesn't have it. Having tooltips you can click on to navigate to it or bring up text from it is a natural extension of that.

Also since I've started playing Paradox games I hoped for the same sort of in-game historical info you get in, I don't know, Civilization. It's weird that the best historical encyclopedia in any game is in Assassins Creed series, and it becomes more mind-blowing the wider their audience becomes.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Chakan posted:

Looks like we don't have a CKIII thread yet so I'll just pop in to say I'm very excited for September and the stream looked good from what I could catch. Steam tells me I managed to get through CKII with "only" 425 hours played, so we'll see how I do in CKIII.

Pathetic

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Torrannor posted:

I'll make a CK3 thread at the end of the month if that's all right with the people here.

I WILL FITE U FOR THE HONOR

ok no im joking

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Coolguye posted:

I WILL FITE U FOR THE HONOR

ok no im joking

Yeah, seriously, who'd fight for such a thing?
Plot to kill is the one true way to settle disputes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the ck2 thread is elective gavelkind inheritance

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Torrannor posted:

I was wondering why "Our Kingdom Will Fall" suddenly started playing in this thread.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tippis posted:

Yeah, seriously, who'd fight for such a thing?
Plot to kill is the one true way to settle disputes.

Well if you're Norse and you want to reuinite your land, because as long as both siblings don't die, you win. Also the one who lost the fight clearly wasn't meant to rule either. :v:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Coolguye posted:

the ck2 thread is elective gavelkind inheritance

I'll start prepping my successor thread

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Upon the death of this thread three new threads will be automatically created. All will have claims on each other and be full of a random assortment of posts that belong in each other. The unification wars will last years.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Introduce thread to the realm :f5:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sindai posted:

Upon the death of this thread three new threads will be automatically created. All will have claims on each other and be full of a random assortment of posts that belong in each other. The unification wars will last years.

The forumgore is real.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dallan Invictus posted:

I mean it's not a weird thing to change, knowing this series and its audience, but I just looked at the CK2 history files and they weren't scripted to be lovers in the CK2 1066 start.

(historically, some people/chroniclers thought Alfonso and Urraca were lovers but that might just have been the usual Secret History style slanders against disliked political figures)

I wonder if it's a small random chance? With fewer preset starts they can maybe afford to have a couple wacky easter eggs like that.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Sindai posted:

Hmm, we really should write a press all claims mod for the forum at some point, we could get the bloodshed over with faster.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
that post battle rundown was prob my fav thing I took from the ck3 stream, god drat I'm hype

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
:spergin: incoming but I really hope they kept the title history in from CK2. I could spend hours going around the world browsing through past rulers.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Also hope that Muhammad is now a 3D floating shiny word.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Has the livestream been uploaded to YouTube?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
not sure but you can see it here:
https://twitch.tv/701108002

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Watching back through some of the vod I’m a lot more excited for the knight system than I would’ve thought. They seem to kick rear end in battle and I like that there’s UI for the knight vs. knight conflicts that happened during the battle. No idea how developed they are outside of combat but I hope it’s something that’s added a lot over time. It’d be a cool way to get attached to characters that could presumably die in any battle.

Vichan posted:

:spergin: incoming but I really hope they kept the title history in from CK2. I could spend hours going around the world browsing through past rulers.

You can see a little book icon on the title UI that I’m 99% sure is the history.

Dec 30, 2008

ilitarist posted:

Also hope that Muhammad is now a 3D floating shiny word.

Checking this was literally the first thing I planned to do when I got my hands on the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I cant remember what Mohammed's "portrait" in ck2 is someone refresh me

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

verbal enema posted:

I cant remember what Mohammed's "portrait" in ck2 is someone refresh me
Stolen from google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_wKAvyPJ5M

Crusader Kings 3: I like the idea of being friends with my sister who is also my lover.