Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Didn't wood elves get some fancy units for the end times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Tarquinn posted:

Are the wood elf twins riding that forest dragon together in the game already?

nah, people are speculating they'll be the paid lord. a looong, looong rear end time ago CA said they didnt have the technology to do the twins, but they also said no dlc for dlc, so who knows. the twins are definitely the coolest choice available.

Jarvisi posted:

Didn't wood elves get some fancy units for the end times?

i think all the elves got mashed together into one big army for the end times so idk if wood elves got new units or not

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The actual worst part of climate is the reduced replenishment, the rebellions and not being able to build much wouldn't be as much of a problem if your garrison or army could actually recover between rebellions.

It also makes any faction with replenishment bonuses also secretly a climate settlement bonus, Ghorst with his 20% suddenly makes settling the nearby mountains not such a bad idea.

Best thing to do with red climate settlements IMO is to settle them and then use region trading* to make them your buddy's problem.

*Said mod is also handy to buy the last town that's controlled by an allied faction in a province you almost own.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
wood elves are getting a forest hydra with a breath attack that just pukes up dryads

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I hope we get the tree-mech beehive suit thing from Age of Sigmar for the wood elves

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I could kind of see Welves getting a Fenbeast as a centrepiece unit since it's vaguely nature-themed?

smug jeebus posted:

They used to have chariots and a handful of people were real mad about losing them

lmao how does that even work for a forest dwelling race??

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mordja posted:

I could kind of see Welves getting a Fenbeast as a centrepiece unit since it's vaguely nature-themed?

They patrolled the meadows around Athel Loren. Probably a good idea to not let an enemy walk up to the forest's edge unhindered and unobserved.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mordja posted:

forest magic

that or the chariot is a living ent

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

It was just a basic chariot with horses:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mordja posted:

That was GW's reason for removing it lol

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Make it a flying chariot :stare:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Make it a tree chariot. :catstare:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Fartbox posted:

Make it a flying chariot :stare:

that would be in violation of high elf copyright

no i dont know how its supposed to land either

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It never stops flying. They just hook it up to a different bird, like mid-air refueling.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Winklebottom posted:

that would be in violation of high elf copyright

no i dont know how its supposed to land either

Elf magic, the answer is always elf magic.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's got a levitation enchantment, the bird is just for show

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Torrannor posted:

They patrolled the meadows around Athel Loren. Probably a good idea to not let an enemy walk up to the forest's edge unhindered and unobserved.

Yeah it's not like they have hawks or elk to ride around on.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The new units could be more gimmicky units related to the DLC-specific factions rather than core WE units maybe. So, hypothetically the Bowmen of Oreon don't get access to some of the Athel Loren units and instead get some jungle-specific units. Because otherwise, yeah, their roster is at least full of most roles and is just missing some extra caster types. They've got solid infantry variety, obviously some great archers, and a niche in actual shock medium cavalry and some weirder fun variants, like hawk riders, tree monsters, and Sisters. Their roster would feel complete even if they were missing some units from their army books (like how every race in existence seems to get chariots for some reason in the books)

Also while I'd love a wardancer hero, melee foot bruiser heroes tend to end up sucking in practice.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

The new units could be more gimmicky units related to the DLC-specific factions rather than core WE units maybe. So, hypothetically the Bowmen of Oreon don't get access to some of the Athel Loren units and instead get some jungle-specific units. Because otherwise, yeah, their roster is at least full of most roles and is just missing some extra caster types. They've got solid infantry variety, obviously some great archers, and a niche in actual shock medium cavalry and some weirder fun variants, like hawk riders, tree monsters, and Sisters. Their roster would feel complete even if they were missing some units from their army books (like how every race in existence seems to get chariots for some reason in the books)

Also while I'd love a wardancer hero, melee foot bruiser heroes tend to end up sucking in practice.

If they make her 65+ speed, maybe with some anti-large capabilities I could definitely see her being useful.

...I'm being informed that this is a skin wolf werekin.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They could have different dances as sustained abilities to increase their utility.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They could have different dances as sustained abilities to increase their utility.

Yeah there are ways to do it that make them useful, and the WH2 heroes are definitely better at it than WH1, but "blends things on foot" doesn't work so hot without some significant force multiplication in terms of buffs/dances/bound spells. And from a read of the wiki, it seems like shadowdancers end up leaning into the magic side of things a bit more than wardancers so there's a path forward there, but that also is basically what a Branchwraith is.

e: The changes to Strider that make units phase through trees is a neat one and I hope that some wood elf archers get the ability for their arrows to phase through trees too. Which would be kind of an insane buff but they could get nerfed elsewhere.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 5, 2020

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

gonna spoil this for you

the new elf units will have bows

it will be a huge letdown

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If they make her 65+ speed, maybe with some anti-large capabilities I could definitely see her being useful.

...I'm being informed that this is a skin wolf werekin.
I dont see what the problem is?!?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Third World Reagan posted:

gonna spoil this for you

the new elf units will have bows

it will be a huge letdown

Hey we just got an elf expansion where none of the new elf units had bows!

Instead we mostly got some fun lions and try hard dual-wielders. I would be okay with Wood Elves getting fun non-elf units.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont see what the problem is?!?

I started playing online multiplayer the other day, mostly Norsca. And every game my werekin does so much work I'm wondering whether he needs to get nerfed.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I'm wondering whether he needs to get nerfed.

The answer might shock you.

Yes. The answer is a resounding yes. At least - the armored kind should.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I started playing online multiplayer the other day, mostly Norsca. And every game my werekin does so much work I'm wondering whether he needs to get nerfed.
Yes the heroes are amazing and I would have two in every army if at all possible. The units are are amazing too and especially in a campaign as Wulfric with all the skill and research buffs.

Thunder Moose posted:

The answer might shock you.

Yes. The answer is a resounding yes. At least - the armored kind should.
He is talking about the hero and there is not an armored version of the hero.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

there used to be some wood elf troop variation done through the seasonal courts, but that was about six editions ago.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Wood Elves will get a Sisters of Avelorn palette swap. It's only fair since the QatC DLC gave the High Elves tree units but in Minas Tirith white.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ok.

Since CA likes to make things as test runs for future things, new theory.

Welves get some bears.

Bears later used as kislev mounts.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Bears are just boars or demigryphs.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Yes the heroes are amazing and I would have two in every army if at all possible. The units are are amazing too and especially in a campaign as Wulfric with all the skill and research buffs.

My usual setup is about 3 Marauders, 2 elite infantry, trog, werekin hero, fire sorc on horse, 2 javs, 2 horse skirmishers (usually axe), the ROR hounds, 1 ice wolf squad, and one were kin squad. Adjust as needed. It's doing ok. Should I up the number of werekin squads? I usually just run the unarmored version cuz I want to keep them cheap. Are the ROR any good?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

that horrible feeling when you disband faithful skeleton units so you can put more necromancers in your army

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I think there might be a gap for a WElf doggo unit, maybe something along the lines of the War Lions? Something cheap to pressure anyone that can out-range them. I guess Great Eagles are kinda in that slot, but they're single entities and don't have a great expense-to-squish ratio.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

orangelex44 posted:

I think there might be a gap for a WElf doggo unit, maybe something along the lines of the War Lions? Something cheap to pressure anyone that can out-range them. I guess Great Eagles are kinda in that slot, but they're single entities and don't have a great expense-to-squish ratio.

Turn Orion's Hounds from a bound vortex into an actual unit? Could work.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

A mod I really like for both WE and HE is rather than have great eagles be one entity just make them into 5 per unit. Doing this and dividing the stats by 5 suddenly I actually use them and they perform decently well. I never liked the single entity version or had good results, especially for HE when phoenixes exist and are just better.

also I am pro them getting a bear unit, every faction should have bears because bears are the best animal. :colbert:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just recruit 5 eagles

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cpt_Obvious posted:

My usual setup is about 3 Marauders, 2 elite infantry, trog, werekin hero, fire sorc on horse, 2 javs, 2 horse skirmishers (usually axe), the ROR hounds, 1 ice wolf squad, and one were kin squad. Adjust as needed. It's doing ok. Should I up the number of werekin squads? I usually just run the unarmored version cuz I want to keep them cheap. Are the ROR any good?
I usually run 4 Skinwolves because they're just that good, especially once you get a few techs and Wulfric's unique skills + red skills for them. I usually have Lord + Fire Sorcerer + 2x Werekin (one MA focused one armor focused), 4x Skinwolf Werekin, 4 Jav infantry, 2 Marauder horsemasters (axe throwers are good too), and the rest infantry to taste. I use the Skinvolves as my Hammer - they just shred anything if they get a rear charge in.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I usually run 4 Skinwolves because they're just that good, especially once you get a few techs and Wulfric's unique skills + red skills for them. I usually have Lord + Fire Sorcerer + 2x Werekin (one MA focused one armor focused), 4x Skinwolf Werekin, 4 Jav infantry, 2 Marauder horsemasters (axe throwers are good too), and the rest infantry to taste. I use the Skinvolves as my Hammer - they just shred anything if they get a rear charge in.

Oh, I was specifically talking about multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Wood Elves will get a Sisters of Avelorn palette swap. It's only fair since the QatC DLC gave the High Elves tree units but in Minas Tirith white.

The new exciting Loren Tree Guard units.