Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1290869812110008325

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

zakharov posted:

They also spelled trespassing incorrectly, nice.

The extra s is for states’ rightss

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
T-R-E-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

zakharov posted:

They also spelled trespassing incorrectly, nice.

"Tresspassing" means trying to fool people into believing the wig is your real hair.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This is why you're supposed to shower before getting into the pool.

Huego
Mar 12, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gleebster posted:

"Tresspassing" means trying to fool people into believing the wig is your real hair.

Yep, wearing wigs is one of the ways black women try to cope with the incessant racism against their natural hair. Mocking minorities for something they do to survive in our racist culture certainly says a lot about you.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Huego posted:

Yep, wearing wigs is one of the ways black women try to cope with the incessant racism against their natural hair. Mocking minorities for something they do to survive in our racist culture certainly says a lot about you.

It was just a timely pun, I think, and not really mocking anyone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huego posted:

Uh huh.

Huego
Mar 12, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Subjunctive posted:

It was just a timely pun, I think, and not really mocking anyone.

Oh I see, just a joke. Like on Top Gear.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tresspassing is specifically when you wear a wig (traditionally a mullet) to infiltrate a military installation

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Fool is a poor choice of words, you'll often identify with your weave more than your growing hair. I don't think they're being intentionally nasty but it's coming from the same place as unconscious bias so you should at least walk away with this cultural tidbit.

Better pun would be tresspassing is when you weave passes on getting wet and jumps to the poolside mid dive.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

zoux posted:

Maybe the original dudes put that up 2500 years ago, you don't know

buddy I don't know what year you think it is but I think you're mistaken

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's all March now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

EDIT: lol nm not worth it

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

zoux posted:

It's all March now.

Always has been.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/rileyjsilverman/status/1287850885297647617

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah that's right, we're the cool kids

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/jessphoenix2018/status/1291069803189346305?s=20

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/NomeDaBarbarian/status/1290800562942820357

https://twitter.com/NomeDaBarbarian/status/1290807918695129088

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

A lot of people have been trained by movies to believe that any kind of clothing will catch fire nearly immediately if it's exposed to any kind of extreme heat or open flame. I, as a former dumb teenager with insufficient respect for fire, learned that it actually takes quite a bit of doing to get cotton to light on fire in earnest.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

It's also cotton under Nomex onesie, not just cotton.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why is there all of a sudden a massive Sarah Cooper backlash on the TL today

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/ageekwithahat/status/1290423812949815296?s=12

:hai:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Wrong. The pro is the making.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The pro is in the having, so I'll offer a deal: you make the stuff and I'll have it (no bad stuff)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
the act of having is transformative and makes one thing into something else even if only momentarily. Thus it can be said that making and having are merely two sides of the same coHAHAHAH JUST KIDDING YOU loving NERD NOW GET IN THAT LOCKER SO I DON'T HAVE TO PUT YOU THERE MYSELF

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MockingQuantum posted:

A lot of people have been trained by movies to believe that any kind of clothing will catch fire nearly immediately if it's exposed to any kind of extreme heat or open flame. I, as a former dumb teenager with insufficient respect for fire, learned that it actually takes quite a bit of doing to get cotton to light on fire in earnest.

Also, cotton catching on fire, though obviously not ideal, is a way better outcome than synthetics melting to you. It’s why firefighters can’t wear underarmor.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

zoux posted:

Why is there all of a sudden a massive Sarah Cooper backlash on the TL today

Apparently boomers loves her so her satire is toothless or she's a boomer sycophant or something? I don't know, but most of the discussion seems to be centered on this article

https://twitter.com/WeAreMel/status/1291003559983681537

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
It is kind of strange how often my mom asks if I've seen her stuff, and how great it is.

It's like...yeah? I've seen it before. But I really don't like to listen to Trump's voice at all if I'm actually trying to enjoy something, so I try to avoid it generally.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I don't hate her, but her schtick wears off pretty quickly since she's not really doing much tbh. I much prefer Anthony Atamanuik's Trump impressions.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

trapped mouse posted:

It is kind of strange how often my mom asks if I've seen her stuff, and how great it is.

It's like...yeah? I've seen it before. But I really don't like to listen to Trump's voice at all if I'm actually trying to enjoy something, so I try to avoid it generally.

It was funny the first couple of times but it just got depressing realizing how much material she has to work with.

If somehow I'm still alive in 30 years and we've managed to unfuck ourselves as a country i bet I'll find all of it either hysterical or it will trigger PTSD like flashbacks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1291111736167211008

I don't know where the hell this goes, but it definitely goes somewhere, and it is a tweet, so here it is.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeWallace/status/1291127431114313728?s=20
Regular reminder that George Wallace is a great follow.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So despite 2000, 2004, 2012's narrow victory, and 2016, the Democrats are still confident "not being that guy" is enough to win

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

christmas boots posted:

I don't hate her, but her schtick wears off pretty quickly since she's not really doing much tbh. I much prefer Anthony Atamanuik's Trump impressions.

Not a huge fan of her or anything but she understands the fundamental principle that it's not worthwhile trying to parody Trump. He's already more ridiculous than anything you would think of so the best you can really do is take things he's already said and lip-sync them. If you tried to do his Jonathan Swan interview as a bit it would be hack.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

2012's narrow victory

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

So despite 2000, 2004, 2012's narrow victory, and 2016, the Democrats are still confident "not being that guy" is enough to win

2012 wasn't a narrow victory, but it also wasn't a campaign based around "not being that guy"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

332 to 206 is not close

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/TomatoGrandpa/status/1291126372094611457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

The dem presidents for the last 60 years have all been “cool dude everybody likes”
The dem losers for the last 60 years have been “obnoxious stuffy know it all everybody hates”

I’ll pick up my 8-figure check at the next dnc backstabbing meeting, tyvm