Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I said come in! posted:

Xeno loving Blade is Chronicles 1, Xeno Blade Fuckin is Chronicles 2.

drat, Nintendo Switch - Xeno loving Blade is Chronicles 1, Xeno Blade Fuckin is Chronicles 2 is too long for a thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Andrast posted:

Nowi is definitely the worst thing to exist in all of fire emblem

Nah, its that one promoted guy in the Lyn game that you use too much and eventually becomes a massive drag on your party and OH GOD WHY IS MY PARTY NOT VIABLE ANYMORE!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Relatedly, a couple years ago I got around to trying Fire Emblem Heroes and one of the first unlocks I got was this

https://gamepress.gg/feheroes/hero/nowi

I didn't play it on the metro after that

in my short time playing FEH one of the freebies the game gave me was this lady who I think was a Heroes-original character and whenever she was low on health her character portrait would change to one where her top was shredded so that her boobs were about to fall out and also all of her support dialogue was about how much she wanted to gently caress you, the player.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Augus posted:

in my short time playing FEH one of the freebies the game gave me was this lady who I think was a Heroes-original character and whenever she was low on health her character portrait would change to one where her top was shredded so that her boobs were about to fall out and also all of her support dialogue was about how much she wanted to gently caress you, the player.

Please don't mention my Fire Emblem/Third Birthday crossover fanfiction without my permission.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it's hosed up that they made a xenoblade 2 but they have not made a breath of the wild 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

Nah, its that one promoted guy in the Lyn game that you use too much and eventually becomes a massive drag on your party and OH GOD WHY IS MY PARTY NOT VIABLE ANYMORE!

That's an honored fire emblem tradition, don't take my jagens away from me

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wallace owns

"Break your weapons against me" is a pretty badass line too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Andrast posted:

Nowi is definitely the worst thing to exist in all of fire emblem

What about that convenient letter from Mom in Fates that says “you’re not really related to these people so go romance your sister”

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hatty posted:

What about that convenient letter from Mom in Fates that says “you’re not really related to these people so go romance your sister”

Still way less bad than nowi

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

nrook posted:

It's too bad. I would have expected that by July of 2020, all those poor souls who think weapon durability is bad would have either changed their minds, or at least been shamed into not admitting their twisted beliefs publicly.

Except that weapon durability is bad, so we're correct.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Interrupting whatever is going on to say how kind of let down/disappointed I am in the Link's Awakening remaster. The frame rate drops are really something else. The music is great, though.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I love Xenoblade 1, especially now that I've finished DE, way, way too much and will defend it to the death, it is exactly my flavor of JRPG. But I'm super hesitant to play 2 and X because of everything I hear about it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Harlock posted:

Interrupting whatever is going on to say how kind of let down/disappointed I am in the Link's Awakening remaster. The frame rate drops are really something else. The music is great, though.

I thought it was cute and am a big fan of the original, but definitely not worth $60

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Harlock posted:

Now there's a game that should have been $40.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

This wraith has sent me down a rabbit hole of things I never expected to find.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It really depends on what you liked about XC1 as to whether XCX/2 will appeal to you.

I know XCX's biggest strength is exploration, as the gameplay is kinda eh, the story is dumb, and there's a lot of baffling decisions that hold the game back (let's have a ton of playable characters but force two of the three open slots to the same two characters for 90% of the missions, including all story missions).

I don't really know anything about XC2 besides you get to gently caress swords and there's a Nopon with a gently caress robot, so if you want XC1 but hornier then XC2 is probably a good bet.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RBA Starblade posted:

Relatedly, a couple years ago I got around to trying Fire Emblem Heroes and one of the first unlocks I got was this

https://gamepress.gg/feheroes/hero/nowi

I didn't play it on the metro after that

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Despite the rumors, there is no loving in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Iirc the hottest it gets is elementary school "Do you really like him??" chatter. The robot doesn't even give a hj

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Harlock posted:

Do you have it installed to sd card or the internal drive? It's slightly better on the internal drive.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked xenoblade 2 but its pacing is super hosed in that 80% of it feels like unimportant filler, then suddenly it's nonstop plot and all that stupid bullshit filler comes into play

I really, really can't blame people for bouncing off it but I enjoyed it :shrug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I really like JRPGs a lot and I really didn’t like xenoblade 2. It was a weird mix of stuff I really liked and was in to like the combat and music and then bad stuff like the weird skill gating gacha poo poo and the terrible terrible terrible character designs and bad sidequests

At the time I wanted to play an RPG on switch but there are so many choices now

I didn't like Xenoblade 2 either. I love Xenoblade 1 though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xenoblade is 90% Rex and Co either doing *hard* anime tropes or getting the absolute poo poo beat out of them by team rocket only in the last 5% to go 'no i'm sick of it I want to win battles in cutscenes for once'

The other 5% is tying the lore to xenoblade 1 in some genuinely cool fanservice moments

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Did you idiots just have a multiple page argument over an entirely imagined price point for a game months from release

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's not imagined. It's $60.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Are them thar shin megami games a continuous series or can you jump in to V without playing the others
Aside from like 4 Apocalypse (which is a direct sequel to 4) you can so far jump into the series anywhere. Hell, I played Soul Hackers (which is a sequel to a Saturn(?) game that never got translated) and was fine. Some people are speculating that V might be related to Nocturne based upon the fact that the mini-Direct that announced the Nocturne remaster had a trailer for V as well, and that they seem to be returning to a similar art style, but at this point there's no hard evidence and none of the mainline numbered titles have been direct sequels.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You know, I have been wanting a new game for my 3ds...I started playing through FE:awakening again and while it's a very good game, I feel like I'm just going through the motions :geno: Maybe I'll check out SMT4
SMT4 is good and I enjoyed my time playing it, but the beginning is absolutely brutal in difficulty. If you're going to play it, go in expecting to die several times trying to recruit a full party. The first couple of bosses are also infamously difficult.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

hatty posted:

I'm pretty sure all FE's just have something a bit hosed up about them. Nothing comes to mind for Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but I'm sure there's something (now those are games that need a re-release).

Even FE 7 had the super suspect relationship between Nino and Jaffar. She was like 14 in that game?

American McGay posted:

Now there's a game that should have been $40.

I got it for 45 if I did my math right.

And I'm sorry the previous poster can't enjoy the game, because it really was a terrific re-imagining of LA, the whole aesthetic was perfect and it'll surely be the way I revisit the game in the future. Everyone's different but I'm glad that framerates are far from necessary for me to enjoy a game. I didn't notice anything in Link's Awakening that was worse than the GB game, and frankly that just made it feel nostalgic. That said those moments were few and far between.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fun Times! posted:

Despite the rumors, there is no loving in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Iirc the hottest it gets is elementary school "Do you really like him??" chatter. The robot doesn't even give a hj

Nintendo Switch: The robot doesn't even give a hj

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Nothing comes to mind for Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but I'm sure there's something (now those are games that need a re-release).
Micaiah has been raising Sothe since he was like six (and she was...about 20? The Tellius game timeline is somewhat hosed) and they end up married in their paired ending.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bleck posted:

"dunkey's reviews aren't serious" is a bad criticism, because nobody can make a review of Xenoblade 2 that isn't basically mostly making fun of it because it's such an obviously bad game

dunkey reviews are literally silly videos for fun but people can't stop getting into parasocial relationships with internet personalities.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Micaiah has been raising Sothe since he was like six (and she was...about 20? The Tellius game timeline is somewhat hosed) and they end up married in their paired ending.

Right, thanks, I knew there was something I was forgetting because IS wouldn't let us down!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

dunkey reviews are literally silly videos for fun but people can't stop getting into parasocial relationships with internet personalities.

There's no room for silly or fun when talking about video games

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Harlock posted:

It’s a fun game but yeah those frame rate drops are pretty much impossible to defend. I played for 20 hours or so and never got used to them, they were as jarring at the end as they were at the beginning. It’s a shame because otherwise it’s a fantastic game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

Nintendo Switch: The robot doesn't even give a hj

HJ-47 is ready to serve.

[Tempting] My robotic claws have been programmed with pneumatic pressure that is technically within safety regulations

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's amazing that even months and months into quarantine, even in Japan where it's not as strict as other countries, all the major Switch stuff is still sold out everywhere. I briefly looked into getting Ring Fit the other day but lol nope.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Nintendo Switch - There's no room for silly or fun when talking about video games

That's three good thread title candidates in one day already, who knew Pikmin 3 would be such a great catalyst?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's amazing that even months and months into quarantine, even in Japan where it's not as strict as other countries, all the major Switch stuff is still sold out everywhere. I briefly looked into getting Ring Fit the other day but lol nope.

Ring fits are trickling in through all the major retailers. Wario64 and price trackers should be able to alert you. Scalper price is down to <$120, which is $100 less than it was a couple months ago

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm pretty sure all FE's just have something a bit hosed up about them. Nothing comes to mind for Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but I'm sure there's something (now those are games that need a re-release).

Even FE 7 had the super suspect relationship between Nino and Jaffar. She was like 14 in that game?

i think jaffar was only supposed to be like, 15? it's not as bad as fates' Everything or nowi's garbo design :(

fe8 didn't have anything particularly creepy either (besides the bad incest jokes people made), and maaaybe 6 too??

oh speaking of smt5, https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1290958141593706496 Soon....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still want to play 4, 4 Final and Strange Journey on the Switch though.