Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
modding a console for a joke doesn't make someone "overly obsessed"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
ok but how do you know they don't kiss it

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Are you supposed to stop kissing your PS4 once you mod it

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

There's literally no other reason to mod a ps4 with your favorite celeb's face so no

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The only mod that should be on your ps4 is an autoblow.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's not even a mod it's just a cheap skin.

You can buy a custom printed one for like, two avatars.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeah this is really only like a 3/10 in terms of embarrassing McElroy fandom

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

First comes the sticker one, then comes the one made out of their actual skin

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I used a magic amulet to trap Griffin and Justin's souls inside a PS4. Not Travis though. He's too fast.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Griffin "Pendergreens" McElroy

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Fred is on posted:

I used a magic amulet to trap Griffin and Justin's souls inside a PS4. Not Travis though. He's too fast.

Travis can only be trapped in a Supernatural complete series blu ray box set case

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

You have to put a slip promising a spot on a panel show/a TV cameo for Travis under a box being held up with a stick

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sticklefifer posted:

Griffin and Travis talking about TAZ's music production. Pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNxzM0C9B_E

I feel like this is the first time I’ve ever seen a Griffin and Travis only video or podcast. that can’t be right, can it?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bard Maddox posted:

I feel like this is the first time I’ve ever seen a Griffin and Travis only video or podcast. that can’t be right, can it?

Almost half of every MBMBaM is just Griffin and Trav bouncing dumb ideas off each other while Justin admits he isn't really paying attention, so you could argue theyre together more often than not.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So to get onto podcast topics ... what the hell was with the cheese and wine thing that took up the entire last half of this week's MBMBaM?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Just $7 more than buying them separately!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Where's Monster Factory

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Maxfundrive pleading and money zones in the same ep suck.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, that kinda strikes me as hosed up. If you're soliciting for donations, you could at least pretend you're not also advertiser supported for a couple weeks like you usually do.

E: We need your money to help support the network by the way here's an ad for Squarespace that they spent 10k for on one podcast.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Am I losing my mind, or didn't the fund-drive used to be only two episodes? After 518/519 I was like "glad that's over" and it just kept going

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

flesh dance posted:

Am I losing my mind, or didn't the fund-drive used to be only two episodes? After 518/519 I was like "glad that's over" and it just kept going

You're right, but now it's "NO PRESSURE", so it's four weeks, it's exactly the same amount of pressure, and they still do ad breaks. Plus they now have a level for when you want to give more money, but not get more rewards!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

flesh dance posted:

This year it's a month long but Travis assures us it's supposed to be "super chill", which apparently means hearing multiple pitches during every episode as well as pitches retroactively inserted into the half-dozen episodes of TAZ that I unluckily chose this month to catch up on.

About the only difference between the normal drive and the "super chill" one is that they spend less time detailing the reward levels, and they sound a little more apologetic about it. ("Look, we know this year is tough for everyone, so if you can't support us then you don't have to! Unlike previous years where you had no choice.")

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Oh wow did he go back and edit those episodes with maxfundrive stuff or does MaxFun have some kind of dynamic ad insertion now?

I hate dynamic ads so much. I was going back and listening to some old episodes of reply-all to keep my mind off the news and every single episode had some lovely "In these uncertain times..." themed ad.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I think it's dynamic. During the TTAZZ it messed up and the ads were inserted mid sentence.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Sankis posted:

Oh wow did he go back and edit those episodes with maxfundrive stuff or does MaxFun have some kind of dynamic ad insertion now?

I hate dynamic ads so much. I was going back and listening to some old episodes of reply-all to keep my mind off the news and every single episode had some lovely "In these uncertain times..." themed ad.

I listened to the full backlog of a four-season audio drama earlier this year, and every episode started with "now that the story is over, follow our new sequel series at XYZ!" Really messed me up until I realized what was going on.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Kazy posted:

I think it's dynamic. During the TTAZZ it messed up and the ads were inserted mid sentence.

Yeah. They switched to dynamic ads for TAZ. I think Travis mentioned it on the episode they switched a couple months ago.

Also:

https://twitter.com/thezonecast/status/1291138103047061505?s=21

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Dynamic ads, great. Podcasts are such a great medium, love where they're going.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Sankis posted:

Dynamic ads can be good... for instance, I just noticed the Dough Boys went back and took out all of the ads from their older episodes. Not gonna happen with anything on Max Fun, though

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Sawbones has dynamic ads too, and I'm currently in the middle of binge-listening that series to get caught up, so I've heard "If it's good enough for DOCTOR James Buffett" and about Justin's christmas lights underpants ten thousand times. They finally just changed them to a Squarespace and Honey ad and It's like a breath of fresh air, until I hear them a thousand more times.

I don't think MBMBAM will ever go to dynamic ads, because Money Zone is essentially a comedy segment in itself.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yeah, it depends. If you're binging a cast, it can be really annoying to hear Travis talk in his early-Graduation baby voice, but on the other hand, it can let them replace old ads with outdated codes.

Can we all agree that the ads for Manscaping can all go straight to hell? I'm beyond tired of hearing EPIC RANTS about shaving balls lately.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If they ever even tried to remove the old Extreme Restraints ads....there would be a fuckin riot.

Also the concept of dynamic ads is garbage poo poo. Buy an ad, it lives for as long as that podcast's episode does. Makes sense to me.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm assuming Hey Riddle Riddle has dynamic too, then. I binged about a hundred episodes in a row and was wondering how they got away with having the exact same ad in every single episode.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Y'all sure like to rant against people trying to get paid. Dynamic ads are fine, why do you wanna download an old episode and hear about some five-year old mattress subscription service? I wanna hear about today's mattress subscription service!

The ads on MaxFun are incredibly tame compared to the insipid poo poo I hear on NYT/Slate/Vox podcasts. I'm sick of hearing about how 5G will unleash the Innovation Age or whatever horseshit Michael Dell is trying to sell me on some sponsored podcast.

Though with dynamic ad insertion it's possible I'm the only person hearing all these odes to the 1% so who knows.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Excuse me this is the McElroy thread where we hate everything the brothers are involved in. Especially Maxfun and Travis.

Papa McElroy is cool though.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Excuse me this is the McElroy thread where we hate everything the brothers are involved in. Especially Maxfun and Travis.

Papa McElroy is cool though.

The one good McElroy.. he must be protected at all costs

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sivart13 posted:

Y'all sure like to rant against people trying to get paid. Dynamic ads are fine, why do you wanna download an old episode and hear about some five-year old mattress subscription service? I wanna hear about today's mattress subscription service!

The ads on MaxFun are incredibly tame compared to the insipid poo poo I hear on NYT/Slate/Vox podcasts. I'm sick of hearing about how 5G will unleash the Innovation Age or whatever horseshit Michael Dell is trying to sell me on some sponsored podcast.

Though with dynamic ad insertion it's possible I'm the only person hearing all these odes to the 1% so who knows.

yea ads suck rear end but A) at least current ads are less stupid than 'remember this lootcrate ripoff that died in six months? Use promo code fuckballs to get a free deadpool oven mitt when you subscribe' and B) boy are 'real' ads way loving worse. I'll take this dumb poo poo over being told why I need to listen to some NYT freak's podcast about how 5G will literally make everything better for all of us (sponsored by AT&T).

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

yea ads suck rear end but A) at least current ads are less stupid than 'remember this lootcrate ripoff that died in six months? Use promo code fuckballs to get a free deadpool oven mitt when you subscribe' and B) boy are 'real' ads way loving worse. I'll take this dumb poo poo over being told why I need to listen to some NYT freak's podcast about how 5G will literally make everything better for all of us (sponsored by AT&T).

Yeah and at least podcast apps still let you fast forward with impunity, unlike internet video ads that freeze your volume slider and lock your content behind the ad. As far as ads go, podcast ads are easily the least offensive overall.

fake edit: Maybe Google Ads are actually the least offensive since you can scroll right by them. Or maybe billboards because you can just look away? This is getting convoluted. END POST

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
didnt really need fantasy slurs for this taz tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

mugglefucker