Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Man, he really does show up this early. I thought he was tens at earliest.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

I'd just like to say this thread has both kept me going during the most boring nights at work and also rekindled a love i had for this series that i started reading in the loving second grade.
Please please keep it going and keep :justpost:
Has anyone suggested/made a gangtag yet? because i would be all about it.
Sorry i just started marcos #5 book in this thread tonight

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Magnificent

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Tree Bucket posted:

Magnificent
i drew so many of those graceful creatures as a child. when we learnt about australian indigenous art, i even drew x-ray versions. if i was ever going to become any kind of otherkin i probably would have been an andalite

e: either that or a kadabra

fauna fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 5, 2020

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

every time someone tried to get me to join a christian youth group as a kid, i would think of the sharing and politely decline

thank you, k.a.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Getting a real Q vibe from the Ellimist. Like the time he showed up and was like 'btw, the borg are a thing and they'll be in your area in a few years and you are completely unprepared.'

Less irreverent, though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Even though I know I read further than this book I had completely forgotten about the Ellimist although thinking about it I do remember what I think I must be the results of their actions later in the series.

Already I don't like them, if they're really all powerful (which is admittedly something Ax says rather than the Ellimist) why only save a few member of a species going extinct? Why not save them all?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Read and find out

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I was not expecting this. Franky I'm not even sure what "this" is or where it's going, but that's some escalation. :confused:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
How did I forget this?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I really remember the Ellimist well, but I did not remember his intro came so early. Definitely seems like they same change some ideas later from this introduction he is a singular being, who underwent 1 of a kind events to receive these powers, not a race of ultra powerful beings. Parts of this later series definitely get more and more sci-fi, which lots of alien races appearing, and this is the first alien we see who isn't affiliated with Yeerks or Andalites, although we see a lot later.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
The Stranger-Chapter 11

quote:

We had been terrified a few moments before, as the Taxxon prepared to swallow us. I had been afraid for my own life and the lives of my friends. Now, as the Yeerk pool hung suspended in time, I felt a deeper fear. My head was still swimming from all the images the Ellimist had shown us.

"Why come here just to tell us we're dead meat?" I managed to ask.

"We have an offer for you," the Ellimist said. "You see, we can save a small sample of the human race. We have a planet where we would relocate you. You . . . some members of your family. A few others, chosen to get a good genetic sampling. As well as a few non-human Earth species that are of special interest to us."

I was surprised to hear Cassie actually laugh. "He's some kind of environmentalist," she said. "That's what he is. We're the spotted owls. We're the rhinos. We're the whales. We're the endangered species, and he's the environmentalist trying to save us."

"We have a planet set aside for you," the Ellimist said. "It will seem very much like Earth. You would be free to evolve naturally, as your species should."

"This is insane," Marco said. "It's like Noah's ark. The Yeerk flood is coming. Load up the boat."

"No," Tobias said, staring at the Ellimist. "It's a zoo. That's what he has for us - a zoo."

The Ellimist said, "We do not impose our will on sentient species. The decision is yours. I have chosen you to decide, because only you, of all free humans, know what is happening. You must decide - to stay on Earth and fight a battle you are certain to lose. Or to leave this planet behind and form part of a new colony of humans."

"How long do we have to decide?" Jake asked.

"You must decide now," the Ellimist said.

"What?" I yelled. "What? What are you up to? What do you mean, we have to decide now." This was beyond insane. This was a dream. This couldn't even be real. I was imagining it all.

"If you decide the answer is yes, you, and some of those you are close to, will be instantly taken to your new home. If the answer is no, I will return everything to the way it was when I interrupted time."

"You mean we're back in roach morph headed down that Taxxon's throat?" I asked.

"Everything as it was," the Ellimist said. "Our purpose is not to interfere."

I looked at Tobias. His face showed nothing. Maybe he had forgotten how to show emotion.

"And our friend Tobias?" Cassie asked softly.

"Everything as it was," the Ellimist repeated.

"Oh, that's real fair," Marco said. "You ask us this just as we're about to be some Taxxon's lunch?"

"This is ridiculous," Jake said angrily. "You can't just tell us we have to make a decision like this. We are not the ones who should be deciding this. I mean, maybe you're trying to do the right thing for us, but this is nuts."

<Ellimists are not interested in what is fair.> Ax said. <Ellimists give you a choice that is no choice at all. Then they can claim that they do not interfere. They will pretend it was a human decision.>

Ax pretty anti-Elimist here. I think this is the first that we've seen him openly contemptuous so far..

quote:

It was hard to argue with Ax's opinion. The Ellimist had totally rigged this decision. Realizing that made me want to resist. The Ellimist wanted us to say yes. He wanted us to abandon the fight against the Yeerks.

And yet... a place where we would have peace. A place where the fighting would be over. Where we could be normal kids. No more decisions. No more battles. The Ellimist had said we would be with some of the people we were close to. Who? Who would be saved?

So this is sort of of what Rachel has been wanting this entire book. A place where she can just be a kid and not have the responsibilities she's been saddled with, where she doesn't have to choose between her parents and can have both of them around her.

quote:

"I vote no," Tobias said, with sharp, angry defiance. "You're using me. You're using my friends" affection for me as a tool. And I'm not going for it."

"Let's think this over a little first, Tobias," Cassie pleaded. "I mean, just because we're upset. This decision is for the whole human race. Do you understand that? He's talking about humanity becoming extinct."

"Tobias, you personally have a lot to lose," Jake reminded him. "If we say no, you're right back in your hawk body."

"So we have two votes no, Tobias and Rachel, one vote yes from Cassie," Marco said. But I hadn't voted. Marco had just assumed. . . . And he was right, I realized with a sick churning in my stomach. Marco was right about me. I had to vote no. If Tobias was ready to stay in the fight, with all he had to lose, I couldn't do less.

"What this character wants us to do is run away," I said. "He wants us to abandon our people and our planet just to save ourselves and the people we care about personally."

Tobias met my gaze. There appeared a faint flicker of his old, human smile.

<This is a decision for humans.> Ax said. <I fight the Yeerks. I follow Prince Jake. But I don't trust this Ellimist, however great his power.>

"Guys, I know how you feel," Cassie said, "But think about this. We may not even get out of this Yeerk pool alive. And if we die, then what chance do humans have against the Yeerks? And anyway, he says that humans will lose. Isn't it better to save some humans, rather than losing everyone?"

It's not like she doesn't have a point.

quote:

Jake and Marco had still not voted. I noticed that they were looking back toward the building we had come from. And past the building, to what looked like a tall, circular column rising straight up to the rock ceiling of the cavern.

The column was a mix of steel and clear glass. Inside the column was a human-Controller, seemingly frozen in mid-air. She looked like she had been falling down the long tube. Or else flying up it.

A dropshaft! We had used one aboard the Yeerk mother ship. It was a sort of elevator that worked on some invisible force to let you fall safely from one level to another. But did it go up, as well as down? That was the question. Was the human-Controller in the shaft falling or rising?

Jake cocked an eyebrow at me. He looked back to the column, making sure I had noticed it. I squinted closely at the frozen Controller. She had shoulder-length hair. If she were falling, it should have been swept upward. It was down around her neck.

"Mr. Ellimist," Marco said, "thanks for your offer. But I don't think so. I don't think I want to be in your zoo. And I don't like being muscled like this. I'm glad you like Earth, but we'll take care of it the best way we can."

That made it four against. Me, Marco, Tobias, and Ax. I counted Ax, even if he said it wasn't up to him.

Cassie was alone in leaning in favor of the Ellimist offer. "You all know I take care of lots of sick animals. They are always afraid of me, even though I am trying to help them. Are we being brave saying no? Or are we just being foolish, resisting someone who is trying to save us?"

What she said made me think. With a shock, I pictured nature films I had seen. I remembered one that showed environmentalists attempting to capture some tigers. They were trying to move the tigers to a game preserve where they would be safe. Tigers are almost extinct, and the humans were trying to save a few.

But the tigers had resisted. They had growled and fought and avoided the capture nets. Was that us? were we animals on the edge of extinction, resisting the being who'd come to save us?

I wondered if I should change my vote. Save myself. Save my family. What would they say, if they had a vote? My mom? She would never risk the lives of her children. She would vote yes. And my dad? If we were all magically transported to a safe place together, and I had to explain what I had done? That I had voted to save all of us and give up the fight? What would he think of that decision?

"You know what bothers me?" I heard Jake tell the Ellimist. "You say the human race will lose to the Yeerks. But I don't believe you can tell the future. See, you don't know how we're going to vote. If you did, you wouldn't bother to be here, would you?" He looked around at each of us.

Cassie smiled sadly. "If you guys vote to stay, I will, too."

Jake reached out and took her hand. "Mr. Ellimist, I guess you have your answer."

Instantly, we were back in our roach bodies.

IF YOU LIVE, I WILL ASK ONCE MORE.

IF YOU LIVE

So, what do you think of the Elimist's offer?

The Stranger-Chapter 12

quote:

The red whip of the Taxxon's tongue held me glued down, helpless!

<Morph! Morph out!> Jake yelled in my head.

I didn't need to be told twice.

Through the fear, I focused my mind on my own human body. Suddenly all around me went dark.

<We're inside the Taxxon!> I yelled.

<Focus on morphing!> Jake yelled. <We are busting out of here.>

A gush of stinging liquid, like a tidal wave, washed me from the sticky tongue. I tumbled blind and terrified through hot, viscous goo. But at the same time I could feel that I was growing. My roach antennae brushed against something very close to me. Another cockroach. But bigger than it should have been.

<Demorphing!> Cassie yelled.

<Right with you.> I yelled back.

Everything was closing in around me. The bodies of the others were shoved against mine as we all grew out of our roach morphs. I felt the gut of the Taxxon spasming as it tried to deal with this deadly growing meal.

My human lungs were growing back, and as they grew they began to need air. I was suffocating! My body was not as durable as the roach form.

<Air!> I heard Marco cry. <I can't breathe. >

<Just keep morphing.> Jake said. <We'll try and pop this worm open. >

<I have my tail again.> Ax said. <Should I - >

<YES!> Jake said. <Do it!>

The darkness around us split open suddenly. I caught a glimpse of Ax's scythe-like Andalite tail slicing the Taxxon open from the inside.

Air! Air rushed in. Stinking, foul, vile air, but air.

We exploded from the inside of the Taxxon, wrapped in its guts, covered with green-blue slime.

We were not fully human yet, still some awful melding of human and bug, but we were finishing our demorphing as fast as we ever had.

Air!

I sucked it into my still-forming lungs.

The Taxxon lay ruined and reeking all around us. The room full of human-Controllers eating dinner was no longer frozen by the Ellimist.

Now they were frozen by sheer disbelief. "Let's bail!" I yelled. "Before they can think about it."

We ran. Slipping and slithering through the Taxxon's guts, still forming the last of our fingers and toes, we tore out of there.

So you're a Human-Controller. You've just had your swim in the Kandrona pool, you've gotten back inside your human, and you figure, "I should probably feed it". You could go to the human's home....there's a can of soup in the cupboard, or you could get takeout, but then you have to wear the mask again, you know, pretend to be one of THEM, and care about the kid's dance recital and the human's spouse chattering about the mortgage. "I know!", you say to yourself. "I'll just get something at the cafeteria near the Pool." Have a cup of coffee, and maybe they're serving that meatloaf you like (really more of a borrowed memory from the host body. Their mother used to make this meatloaf that...well).

No meatloaf, but that's ok. You've got a salad. It's fine, even if they just have the vinaigrette and there aren't enough carrots. You've had worse. When you think of the sort of things that Gedds eat.... So, you're just hanging out, talking Yeerk stuff, about how much Andalites suck and which friends Visser Three killed in a fit of pique recently. All of sudden, this Taxxon walking by (more of an acquaintance than a friend, really. You've talked to him, but he's a fighter pilot, and they've got this whole weird insular clique thing going on) just explodes, and a bunch of humans and an Andalite pop out! Right in the middle of dinner!

quote:

"Get them!" a human voice yelled. "Get them, you fools, or Visser Three will chew your bones!"

Suddenly, with a roar, the human-Controllers surged up out of their chairs.

A Hork-Bajir near the door moved swiftly to cut us off. Ax swung his tail with blinding speed. It hit the Hork-Bajir in his shoulder.

"Head for the dropshaft!" Marco cried as he led the way from the room.

"Everyone but Ax, if you can morph again, do it!" Jake yelled as we raced for the dropshaft. "We need firepower!"

I didn't need to be told. The only one of us who had any kind of natural ability to fight was Ax. I was already trying to focus my mind on the bear that I had made a part of me. Part of me knew it was foolish. I should morph the elephant, or a wolf. I knew both of those morphs, I could handle them. But I also knew the elephant might not fit in the dropshaft. And I wanted power.

"Whumpf!"

Something hit me and I went sprawling across the dirt.

A man stood over me. A grown man! He had slammed into me. For some reason, this outraged me.

What kind of a creep would hit a girl half his size?

Of course I knew the answer. I knew the man was not really a man at all, but a Controller.

The Yeerk in his head didn't know or care about chivalry.

The man bent over me and began to put his hands around my throat. Suddenly, he only had one hand.

"Aaarrrgghhh!" he cried, falling back.

"Thanks, Ax," I said.

<We are trapped.> he said.

I looked past him. The others had all reached the dropshaft, a hundred feet away. Between the two of us and them was a small army of human- Controllers and Hork-Bajir.

As I watched, Marco, and then Cassie, were swept up the dropshaft. Only Jake was still standing there. He looked back at us with an expression of horror.

"Jake, get OUT of here!" I screamed. "We'll be okay!"

Several of the Controllers began closing in on Jake. But most of them only had eyes for Ax. They could see that he was an Andalite - the deadly enemy of all Yeerks. I don't know what they thought I was, still dripping with Taxxon goo.

Suddenly, a pair of Hork-Bajir warriors rushed at us. Their bladed arms slashed the air. They came at us like a pair of chainsaws on high speed.

Ax struck!

But the Hork-Bajir were too fast.

<Aaaarrrhh!>

There was a deep gash down Ax's flank.

He struck again and again, his scorpion tail almost invisible. The human-Controllers stayed prudently back, as much afraid of getting sliced and diced by the angry Hork-Bajir as by Ax.

But more Hork-Bajir were rushing up, and Ax was losing ground.

Then... I realized I was no longer afraid. A deep confidence had welled up inside of me. Utter confidence. Utter fearlessness. I realized I was no longer standing erect. I was on all fours.

When I looked down I expected to see my two hands splayed on the dirt. Instead I saw massive paws. Coarse, dark brown fur. Black claws, each like the point of a pickax. I had become the bear. It was his confidence I felt. It was his total lack of fear.

I was an animal that had never, in a thousand generations of grizzly bears, known an instant of real fear.

Suddenly, I felt a terrible pain in my shoulder. One of the Hork-Bajir had slashed me. I glared with nearsighted eyes and saw nothing but a tall blur.

I had never morphed the bear before. I had never learned to control its brain, its instincts. The bear mind was focused completely on one basic fact - it had been challenged. There was exactly one response to being challenged.

Attack!

"Grrooowwwrrrr!" I roared. I charged the Hork-Bajir.

He cut me again. It didn't matter. I barreled into him, eight hundred pounds of very angry grizzly.

The power!

I was a truck doing seventy miles an hour! I was a tank!

I was the largest carnivore on land and nothing, NOTHING challenged me and survived! I could barely see the Hork-Bajir through the bear's weak eyes, but I smelled him and felt him, and I swung my massive paw and hit him full in the chest. I struck him with a blow that would have knocked a train off its tracks.

The Hork-Bajir went flying. More came.

More discovered why part of the Latin name for the grizzly species is horribilis.

I barely remember what happened next. I gave myself up to the bear's rage. Its anger and my own became one. All the tension within me, all the uncertainty, all the doubts were swept away as I gave myself up to the bear's violence.

I remember that at some point, Jake got into his tiger morph and joined the fight. And I have flashing images from my memory of terrible destruction. Of ripping claws and crushing jaws.

But the next thing I clearly remember is flying up the long dropshaft, while Jake's voice in my head kept saying, <Rachel, morph out. Morph out. You're out of control! You are OUT of control! Morph!>

I was clawing wildly at the air, trying to kill the tiger that was suspended above me in the dropshaft.

Trying to kill Jake.

I felt as if I had snapped awake from a dream.

Slowly, as we rose toward the surface, I left the bear and returned to myself.

The soaring rush up the dropshaft seemed to last forever.

The dropshaft entered solid rock, and as I rose, I shed the last of my bear form. I felt the return of my human reason. But I was still confused and disconnected from what was going on.

Then, quite suddenly, I was at the top of the dropshaft. I stepped off onto solid concrete. The others were all there. Ax was trying to morph into his human body, but he was having trouble. Morphing is exhausting. Morphing rapidly from one form to the next more than once makes you feel like you want to just crawl in a corner and die.

I knew how he felt. I stumbled from sheer weariness as I stepped onto the cement floor. It
was dark, with just enough faint light to see the faces around me.

"Careful," Cassie said, taking my arm. "We're okay. We're safe. We're in the base of the water tower behind the school."

"Gotta get out of here. Yeerks will be watching."

"Yeah, they were," Marco said. He jerked his head over to the corner where two human Controllers lay unconscious.

"Let's get out of here," Jake said. "You okay, Rachel?"

"Yeah. Tired is all. I...I never morphed the bear before. Didn't have time to get control. Sorry."

"It's okay, Rachel. That grizzly got us all out of there. But get some rest, huh?"

"Yeah. Rest would be nice."

Somehow I made it home. I crawled into my bed and fell instantly asleep.

Rachel tries out the bear. It...could have gone better. But they survived!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

As though to prove my point about her losing herself in it, she literally loses herself in it.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

one of the ghostwritten books was about a pair of gay andalites, it was my favourite

fauna fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 6, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

fauna posted:

one of the ghostwritten books was about a pair of gay andalites, it was my favourite

You might want to spoiler that, just in case. But hell yeah, that was a good pairing.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

nine-gear crow posted:

You might want to spoiler that, just in case. But hell yeah, that was a good pairing.
i have spoilered this vital plot point

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the image of them busting out of the Taxxon is a bit :stare:

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Why were these never on the banned books list again? That was pure slaughter.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018
It’s odd that this didn’t reveal that most of the Animorphs are humans to the Yeerks, but maybe the whole situation was just too chaotic for anyone to be sure of anything they saw.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gnoman posted:

Why were these never on the banned books list again? That was pure slaughter.

A high entry barrier to people not in the primary demographic and already hooked on the bandwagon, a comically disarming premise, and the vastly more popular Goosebumps acting as a heat shield for it.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

It’s odd that this didn’t reveal that most of the Animorphs are humans to the Yeerks, but maybe the whole situation was just too chaotic for anyone to be sure of anything they saw.

Yeah, that definitely stands out to me on the reread. Maybe it was that plus them being so covered in Taxxon guts, plus maybe they thought they were Andalites who morphed human before leaving the cafeteria? Its hard to believe the Controller who tried to strangle Rachel didn't get what's up.

Alternatively, all of the junior Yeerks know exactly who the Animorphs are, and literally none of them are willing to tell Visser Three he's wrong. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Alternatively, all of the junior Yeerks know exactly who the Animorphs are, and literally none of them are willing to tell Visser Three he's wrong. :v:

This is my take. Visser Three is so openly contemptuous of humans that other Yeerks can and have solved the puzzle but Visser Three dismisses it out of hand and no one's willing to argue with him.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

I guess they’re covered in taxxon goo? But like, it seems like there should be space cameras in the yeerk pool that can be reviewed.

fauna posted:

Which book is this?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The Gay Andalite Chronicles

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Cythereal posted:

This is my take. Visser Three is so openly contemptuous of humans that other Yeerks can and have solved the puzzle but Visser Three dismisses it out of hand and no one's willing to argue with him.

That makes sense. I can't imagine him reacting well to any sentance that begins with "i think you're wrong about-"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Fritzler posted:

Which book is this?

Book 40. It's not explicit, but it's strongly gay-coded and later confirmed by Grant.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

This maybe plus "Andelite bandits!" could be perfect
we the andelite bandits motherfucka represent

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sentinel posted:

This maybe plus "Andelite bandits!" could be perfect
we the andelite bandits motherfucka represent

Cinnamon Budz

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I would have taken elfmists offer not gonna lie.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Avalerion posted:

I would have taken elfmists offer not gonna lie.

there's definitely appeal to it, but would'a made for a pretty short series of books

though i guess "humans in an alien zoo" could be an interesting story in its own right

heck, take the offer and then fight your way out of their darn zoo. one more god rejected :unsmigghh:

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 6, 2020

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
If the Ellimist had been a species closer in technology to the Yeerks and and had said that they could get a few people out on a refugee ship or something then fair enough. Coming in and saying that they can only save a few while being all powerful and having found a whole planet for Earth species to live on leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

If the Ellimist had been a species closer in technology to the Yeerks and and had said that they could get a few people out on a refugee ship or something then fair enough. Coming in and saying that they can only save a few while being all powerful and having found a whole planet for Earth species to live on leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Read and find out

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Ellimist is a prick and the Animorphs were right to tell him to suck it

edit: It's pretty amazing how much these books are drawing me in ~20+ years later

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i never got to read the second book as a kid (my library had the full first twenty-or-so, missing only that one) and wow that scene with melissa and the cat is heavy

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Grammarchist posted:

I have the mental image of a squirrel being in a North By Northwest situation. Like Visser Three took it into custody thinking it was an Andalite, but it escaped and is now chewing through the wires of his ship and always escaping through sheer luck and pluck while Visser Three commends it as an honorable foe.
this is like thirty pages ago but lmao

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Maybe Rachel just loving murdered all witnesses.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Skelicopter posted:

Maybe Rachel just loving murdered all witnesses.

she seems to black out on bear fuelled bloodlust the same way i black out on cheap goon so probably

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

fauna posted:

i never got to read the second book as a kid (my library had the full first twenty-or-so, missing only that one) and wow that scene with melissa and the cat is heavy

Yeah, when I was a kid I skimmed it because it was boring; now as an actual parent I skip it because I honestly can't handle it.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

she seems to black out on bear fuelled bloodlust the same way i black out on cheap goon so probably

If only Elfangor had crashed in Geelong or Newcastle or something. Try and save the world with an emu morph! Go on, try!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Bucket posted:

If only Elfangor had crashed in Geelong or Newcastle or something. Try and save the world with an emu morph! Go on, try!!

i mean they rolled us in the Emu War, so while it might be a problem once you get to Taxxons and Hork Bajir, i figure they'd take human-controllers okay