Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

baka kaba posted:

you could rock your finger across the W and S like you're fretting a guitar :guitar:

either way having the key right there is nice, I feel like I'd get RSI within 2 minutes trying that other one. Or is your thumb meant to go on the C?

Even then it’d be way more comfortable to do like qwe and c.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
QWAZ

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
When I first tried out mouselook in Quake, I ended up using A Z Ctrl Alt.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The free games thread, where we're so cheap we won't buy mouses.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

The free games thread, where we're so cheap we won't buy meeses.

FTFY

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ponzicar posted:

When I first tried out mouselook in Quake, I ended up using A Z Ctrl Alt.

:stonk:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

QWOP

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I played using the keypad for years until I stopped gaming for a few years and started using WASD instead. I still think the keypad is better but having to move the keyboard that far left isn't worth it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Descent where you're on the numpad to control look and your little brother is on AZDF to control thrust.
You get primary fire and he gets secondary fire.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Play Jedi Knight Co-Op with one person on mouse, one on keyboard.

Or play Doom entirely with its original mouse controls (mouse forward and backwards to walk).

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Crackdown sounds fun as hell. What's the closest thing to it on PC with similar uncomplicated and enjoyable open-world fun?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

AARP LARPer posted:

Crackdown sounds fun as hell. What's the closest thing to it on PC with similar uncomplicated and enjoyable open-world fun?

Sleeping Dogs or Red Faction: Guerilla, maybe.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Descent where you're on the numpad to control look and your little brother is on AZDF to control thrust.
You get primary fire and he gets secondary fire.

Goldeneye 007 had a dual controller mode that was fun for this

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

AARP LARPer posted:

Saints Row IV, easily.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
allright, cool, thanks for the recs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Saints Row IV, easily.

Yeah Saints Row 4 is literally modelled after Crackdown right down to the orbs. I think Crackdown 3 also got a PC release.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why did Crackdown 2 suck so much? It was incredible.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
From the "dead game walking" files, but free stuff regardless: Play one game of Quake Champions during QuakeCon, get every character for free.

https://twitter.com/FrothyOmen/status/1291029976918175746

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
GOG are giving away The Witcher: Enhanced Edition again, for the next 12 hours, just click the link at the top of the page: https://www.gog.com/

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I played using the keypad for years until I stopped gaming for a few years and started using WASD instead. I still think the keypad is better but having to move the keyboard that far left isn't worth it.

Yeah that’s how I first used the mouse, with keypad. Lucky I had a big desk.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

njsykora posted:

Yeah Saints Row 4 is literally modelled after Crackdown right down to the orbs. I think Crackdown 3 also got a PC release.

I have quite literally heard nothing, not a single thing, good about Crackdown 3 (or Agents of Mayhem for that matter). Apparently it is absolutely horrible, shouldn't be named as it is, and also has literally none of the awesome physics destruction they were touting for years outside of a bad multiplayer mode.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have quite literally heard nothing, not a single thing, good about Crackdown 3 (or Agents of Mayhem for that matter). Apparently it is absolutely horrible, shouldn't be named as it is, and also has literally none of the awesome physics destruction they were touting for years outside of a bad multiplayer mode.

Having played Crackdown 3, Its just average. My wife watched and found some of the lines amusing but if you focused the story it was over in 5 hours and there was nothing memorable about it but it was coherent and flowed decently well. It was not egregiously bad
By contrast Agents Of Mayhem is just boring, same secret base design over and over and over again, and a reliance on wanting to find skins for your characters and cars and gear, with a story paced at the speed of molasses because every character also has their own story.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Crackdown 3 is just more of the same. It got bad reviews because there is zero innovation in any part of the game. “Crackdown 1 with better graphics” is only going to get you so far.

It is perfectly suited for Game Pass.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why did Crackdown 2 suck so much? It was incredible.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Microsoft's philosophy with their exclusives is to focus on retaining IPs instead of the talent behind them. It's why all the big Xbox and Xbox 360 franchises have fizzled out over the years, they just create generic studios to keep churning out sequels and spinoffs while the people who made them move on and create actual new things. Crackdown 3 was a bit of an outlier in that David Jones returned to work on it but that actual studio has only done racing games and licensed shovelware and it shows.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

3 out of 10: Episode 1 and Wilmot's Warehouse are free on EGS this week

Next week will be Remnant: From the Ashes and The Alto Collection

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Wilmot is a good time and can be a fun and frantic time. My wife doesn't really play games but she got pretty into it.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Reminding myself now that this is getting closer.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Kins posted:

From the "dead game walking" files, but free stuff regardless: Play one game of Quake Champions during QuakeCon, get every character for free.

https://twitter.com/FrothyOmen/status/1291029976918175746

Is giant eyeball with legs one of the characters?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

JammyB posted:

GOG are giving away The Witcher: Enhanced Edition again, for the next 12 hours, just click the link at the top of the page: https://www.gog.com/

This now sends you a gift cert to yourself which you then have to redeem, only to find out you actually already own it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Geemer posted:

This now sends you a gift cert to yourself which you then have to redeem, only to find out you actually already own it.

Weird, previous giveaways you just clicked a button on the front page and it added the game to your library.

Does the gift cert mention an expiration date? Maybe you can send it to a friend or something in the future who misses the giveaway

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Weird, previous giveaways you just clicked a button on the front page and it added the game to your library.

Does the gift cert mention an expiration date? Maybe you can send it to a friend or something in the future who misses the giveaway

Yup!
Got a full blown email stating my friend Geemer (my email address here) has sent me a nice little gift from GOG.com with a code, a listing of what's in the cert (just the game) and a notice that it'll expire a minute before midnight today.
I already posted the code in the Steam gifting thread, 'cause why not.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ubisoft never gave me Watch Dogs 2 :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Ubisoft never gave me Watch Dogs 2 :(

Did you do that registration thing?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Been vaguely interested in Remnant. I'll def take it for free.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

repiv posted:

3 out of 10: Episode 1 and Wilmot's Warehouse are free on EGS this week

Next week will be Remnant: From the Ashes and The Alto Collection

3 out of 10 bills itself as an interactive sitcom and it's actually completely free to play, from what I understand. I played it, it's about 20 minutes long and not particularly funny nor particularly bad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is giant eyeball with legs one of the characters?

Turn up the brightness on your VDU.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bees x1000 posted:

Been vaguely interested in Remnant. I'll def take it for free.

It’s a fun game, I started playing it again recently. Despite all the dark souls comparisons your guns are like 95 percent of your damage, so know that going in. I think it’s why it works for me more than most souls-ish stuff.

I’m just thinking co-op with friends might be tricky if you own it on the epic store and they have it on Steam already, does anyone know if there’s crossplay?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Geemer posted:

I think this happens specifically when you already own it, at least that's been my experience previously

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Veib posted:

I think this happens specifically when you already own it, at least that's been my experience previously

Good to know! Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

hambeet posted:

yeah that's a decent argument for non-inverted, but so is the pull back on mouse to look up / tilt head back to look up. really i think it's just what you learn with. i guess you could retrain yourself to do either i'm sure.

I've always used inverted but got really into playing DIY and unity games years ago where mouse options were rare. After a while I could switch on the fly and I was able to adjust by just looking around for a few seconds, so I was effectively... ambi-invertrous? I moved to uninverted full time eventually but I still invert any time I'm flying a plane or something just for the hell of it.

e; If you want to have a good (or wretched) time, write a script that inverts/uninverts mouse and bind it to mouse 1, then play some quake where mouse inversion changes every time you shoot.

treat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 7, 2020