Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan Alvarez's mentions kick so much rear end.

https://twitter.com/notnotcolby/status/1290746555079757825

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1290753016279101440?s=20

Satin with another hot take

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Literally no one thinks it's loving "real"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ICHIBAHN posted:

Literally no one thinks it's loving "real"

Oh yeah, smart guy?!?!

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1290751628916613120?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

drat, Satin blocked me so I can't explain the suspension of disbelief to the dork

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ryan Satin in youtube comments "i cant believe how mind opening this is - they really do believe that happy thoughts can make them fly... those loving smarks have no idea"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I always assumed those people knew the wrestling was fake, but somehow it's the wrestler's faults they're winning/losing somehow

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

davidbix posted:

...they didn't realize that someone named Alexis Kaufman was at least half Jewish?

You haven't realized by now that plenty of wrestling fans totally buy into gimmick names unless it's something like "Doink the Clown"?

EDIT: And if they are aware of someone's real name, they act like it's top secret and they're the only one that's found out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1291011811542630402?s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nobody smarten him up

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Easy E just racking 'em up on twitter today

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What was he quoting? Already gone.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

What was he quoting? Already gone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WHAT DID I JUST SAY.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

the wrestling faek and real in the same time waouh

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ha ha ha ha ha that's great.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Back when I worked at a restaurant kitchen I met several adults who believed that pro wrestling is real. They thought the moves were fake but the characters and storylines were real. I have no clue how they reconciled that in their minds.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Back when I worked at a restaurant kitchen I met several adults who believed that pro wrestling is real. They thought the moves were fake but the characters and storylines were real. I have no clue how they reconciled that in their minds.

That's not just wrong, it's wrong in the exact opposite way from the one that would even make any kind of sense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

This isn't that uncommon, it's how people bought into things like the Austin/Tyson angle. "Yeah wrestling is fake, but Steve Austin is actually really though and could beat up Mike Tyson if they actually let him."

And then in interviews Austin has revealed he psyched himself up so much that he thought he could actually take Tyson.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
One of the biggest playground debates of the 90s was whether Austin or Goldberg would win in a real fight

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I imagine Goldberg would leave the ring if someone stiffed him.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Goldberg would win

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Baker posted:

I imagine Goldberg would leave the ring if someone stiffed him.

He would probably punch you really hard right back? This is a guy who continued matches with really bad concussions.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if vince russo can't fire goldberg he'll have scott steiner destroy him!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Goldberg would win

Yeah I don't think Austin had any shoot wrestling skills. Goldberg was bigger and had fewer injuries. So, Goldberg.

But Austin was WAY BETTER as a professional wrestler.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah I don't think Austin had any shoot wrestling skills. Goldberg was bigger and had fewer injuries. So, Goldberg.

But Austin was WAY BETTER as a professional wrestler.

By the time Goldberg even got in, Austin's neck was already hosed. So yeah, Goldberg wins a shoot.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Wasn't there a story about how goldberg got into a fight with a smaller wrestler(Jericho I think) off-air backstage and he got his rear end handed to him?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Macksy posted:

Wasn't there a story about how goldberg got into a fight with a smaller wrestler(Jericho I think) off-air backstage and he got his rear end handed to him?

I think Jericho told that story so I don’t know how legit it is.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Jericho told that story so I don’t know how legit it is.

Yep, in his first book. Says it happened in the WWE locker rooms right after Goldberg went there.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Chris lists too many specific people who could be asked for it to be totally bullshit. He states Nash saw the whole thing and that Booker, Helms, Arn, Terry Taylor, and Christian were there to break things up once things began to get out of hand.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think a bunch of people brought up jericho standing up to brock lesnar one time about something, ready to fight. the randy orton hardway cut or something. i can imagine him putting goldberg in a hold for dear life, easy

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Jericho’s a prairie alcoholic so he’ll fight anyone.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

other wrestlers have confirmed it too (booker being the biggest name that comes to mind) but when they retell it its more chris held goldberg in a front choke/facelock position and just held him down than any kind of outright rear end kicking

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
that is an rear end kicking imo

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It makes sense though because didn't Jericho train with Stu Hart, who included shoot wrestling as part of the curriculum. I have no idea if Gentleman Chris Adams did the same, and if so what the quality of that instruction was compared to Stu's. I don't think most pro training included much real wrestling, Stu was an outlier in this, wasn't he? I was thinking about the Jericho story, which I do think is legit, when I mentioned that Austin didn't have any legitimate wrestling skills that I know of.

And yeah, someone getting out of line and you control them, that counts as a "win" in my book if not an "rear end kicking."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think its less who he trained with and more the years of experience in mexico and japan that taught him the importance of defending himself in the ring

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hellblazer187 posted:

It makes sense though because didn't Jericho train with Stu Hart, who included shoot wrestling as part of the curriculum. I have no idea if Gentleman Chris Adams did the same, and if so what the quality of that instruction was compared to Stu's. I don't think most pro training included much real wrestling, Stu was an outlier in this, wasn't he? I was thinking about the Jericho story, which I do think is legit, when I mentioned that Austin didn't have any legitimate wrestling skills that I know of.

And yeah, someone getting out of line and you control them, that counts as a "win" in my book if not an "rear end kicking."

Jericho did not train with Stu Hart, Stu did not train people at that point. Austin claims that early in his training they were taught legitimate holds as if wrestling wasn't a work.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1291500612169981952

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't think most pro training included much real wrestling, Stu was an outlier in this, wasn't he?

The Snake Pit taught catch wrestling. The Inoki Dojo taught a mix of catch wrestling, judo, and striking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The PC will shred Dominick's knees long before he realizes whatever potential he might have