Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

VanSandman posted:

This thread?

They said "good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

White Chains is trans and powerful and I hope she can drag her siblings kicking and screaming into a better era.

:emptyquote:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

paranoid randroid posted:

specifically the point is that white chain cares for creation like a guardian while the other angels view it as a slightly distasteful job as a warden.

The story of Het and the Rakshasa, beneath the pages leading up to METATRON LIVES, is particularly relevant to this.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Contra posted:

Solomon David is going to kill white chain from behind in a fit of rage within the next two pages, expose his whole smug benevolent ruler thing as a facade, lose tons of face/legitimacy in front of his subjects and vassals, and in the confusion gog agog is going to start gogging up the planet. Allison and co will make their escape during the chaos, there will be at least one multi-page spread of pursuers/rayuban military/gog zombies having a melee and it will be glorious. The crew will probably run into Maya on their way off world.

White chain won't be coming back because she's 100% human now and humans are mortal. I know all of these things because I'm from the future.

Edit: Allison will lose her eye on rayuba
I mean running away at the end of a book after starting a war is frankly tradition at this point.

Also I've be re-reading KSBD after I deep dove the wiki and things are making a lot more sense now, versus my initial read.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

white chain looks human, but we'll see what her white flame of creation, newfound royalty, and ocean of will have created - and how - soon enough

whole thing kicks rear end, gently caress yeah

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Honestly I kinda hope the next page is just a montage of Allison, Cio, Vigilant Gaze, Incubus, etc all just looking confused and saying "... what?"

edit: At least 3 or 4 confused Gogs, too.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lights posted:

Honestly I kinda hope the next page is just a montage of Allison, Cio, Vigilant Gaze, Incubus, etc all just looking confused and saying "... what?"

edit: At least 3 or 4 confused Gogs, too.

I'll be disappointed if there isn't at least a little horniness too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Cio'll have her book out and be writing new fanfic before she's even landed from their dramatic leap over the balcony.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

White Chains is trans and powerful and I hope she can drag her siblings kicking and screaming into a better era.

secret prime angel 1 Havelock Vetinari Drags You Kicking And Screaming Into The Century Of The Fruitbat

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Shugojin posted:

secret prime angel 1 Havelock Vetinari Drags You Kicking And Screaming Into The Century Of The Fruitbat

“Why is it never ‘gently led by the hand into the Century of the Fruitbat’ I wonder? No matter.”

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DancingShade posted:

It will turn out Alison simply had her eye closed in the future because of some bad conjunctivitis.

and dramatic lighting

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Renaissance Robot posted:

The story of Het and the Rakshasa, beneath the pages leading up to METATRON LIVES, is particularly relevant to this.

Are the extra stories under the comic included in the print versions somewhere?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I wonder if, in that story where the angel was given a comb to take care of, that might have been one of White Chain’s early incarnations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Trebuchet King posted:

I wonder if, in that story where the angel was given a comb to take care of, that might have been one of White Chain’s early incarnations.

Unlikely, considering that would mean that WC basically founded the entire idea of the angels as peacekeepers of Throne. It feels like someone would remember that.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

It is extremely unclear whether any of the stories involving the gods occurred the way they are remembered, or how the gods even worked. Remember that many of these stories have YISUN in them, and YISUN is supposed to have committed divine suicide to create YS and UN. Add in Royalty's ability to simply ignore supposed rules of reality like 'people die when they are killed' and it's all very CHIM.

We're not likely to find the answer to the world in the primordial past - what matters is the ideal and the religious story remembered by the Angels to explain their order and their duties. Also, I was completely blown away to learn that the weird pronged comb thing White Chain was carrying the entire time had a specific meaning, and one as cool as the story of Prim's Comb.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The supreme god cutting themself in half to create reality doesn't really preclude it participating in that reality after it's "dead."

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Trebuchet King posted:

I like to think that angel was Het. We know she would eventually guard a door of Yisun’s speaking house, and the timelines of those mythic stories seem loose. The gods seem to exist in a frozen moment that encompasses all of time. Also 10 Vigilant Gaze calls her the watcher at the door in his prayer for forgiveness. Admittedly the evidence is thin but I like it because it implies the angel gender thing is not just bullshit, but foundationally bullshit.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Patware posted:

if he explodes i hope he shouts "THE DIAMOND" as he goes

Yes

DancingShade posted:

Maybe White Chain took a new body's worth of his blood to re-manifest or whatever we call it. That would be less than completely healthy for Davey boy.

Yes

JustaDamnFool posted:

My moneys on giant, silhouetted blood spray

Yes

Demiurge4 posted:

I don’t think the new state of being for angels is going to require literal human sacrifice.

keyholder human sacrifice. blood in blood out.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

akulanization posted:

I like to think that angel was Het. We know she would eventually guard a door of Yisun’s speaking house, and the timelines of those mythic stories seem loose. The gods seem to exist in a frozen moment that encompasses all of time. Also 10 Vigilant Gaze calls her the watcher at the door in his prayer for forgiveness. Admittedly the evidence is thin but I like it because it implies the angel gender thing is not just bullshit, but foundationally bullshit.

YS-Het is a god, though.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Don't Ask posted:

YS-Het is a god, though.

Wait, there's a gatekeeper called het? lmao

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Don't Ask posted:

YS-Het is a god, though.

Her depiction in these stories isn’t an unknowable ineffable being, she hangs out with beggars and monk, commoners and heroes. Her being a god does not preclude her from being an angel or a human.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Now I'm sort of picturing a scenario where White Chain has in fact incorporated Solomon David's DNA to make her body and tries to claim that he can't attack her without spilling his own blood.

I'm not sure if that's really in-character here, but defeating him via strained analogy is funny.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rand Brittain posted:

Now I'm sort of picturing a scenario where White Chain has in fact incorporated Solomon David's DNA to make her body and tries to claim that he can't attack her without spilling his own blood.

I'm not sure if that's really in-character here, but defeating him via strained analogy is funny.

lol a novel variation of the stop hitting yourself technique

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

OhFunny posted:

Are the extra stories under the comic included in the print versions somewhere?

Yes, on full pages in between chapter breaks. Some of them at any rate, I'm not sure if all of them are included.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
isn't het like, pretty explicitly at least biological? she's got muscles!

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

violent sex idiot posted:

I mean White Chain has muscles too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

violent sex idiot posted:

Everyone who isn't a nerd has muscles, that isn't special

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There are reasons I've been avoiding the thread for a while, yeah.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This update was great, but I do hope the fight scene wraps up soon, it's starting to drag. Maybe that's just the perils of being caught up on a webcomic.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

This update was great, but I do hope the fight scene wraps up soon, it's starting to drag. Maybe that's just the perils of being caught up on a webcomic.

But we're just getting started!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah, keeping up to date hurts pacing sometimes. I'm sure this will read well on a straight read through once finished though

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm really glad Operant did 4 strips at once. It was excellent for the pacing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm really glad Operant did 4 strips at once. It was excellent for the pacing.

:agreed:

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
Operant had to disable comments because of nipples...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Grimwall posted:

Operant had to disable comments because of nipples...

I assume Solomon nipples, because if its White Chain nipples imma riot

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is the update out i was informed it would be out on friday and i think it's now friday in much of the world

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

It's genuinely hard for me to imagine how a drawing of a naked woman could make anyone upset enough to make an angry post about it, let alone enough people to drive Abbadon to close the comments. Just completely baffling. What must it be like to live like that, where a rogue titty can just ruin your mood out of nowhere?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Walrus Pete posted:

It's genuinely hard for me to imagine how a drawing of a naked woman could make anyone upset enough to make an angry post about it, let alone enough people to drive Abbadon to close the comments. Just completely baffling. What must it be like to live like that, where a rogue titty can just ruin your mood out of nowhere?

People were very upset about the intentionally unpleasant monk lady’s weird piercings so it’s possible they’re either anti-horny or too horny, it’s impossible to be sure without reading the comments. Which, if I can do, I will not, because I love life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alitur
Jan 10, 2019

VanSandman posted:

This thread?

I meant more in a sense of a liveblog or a live reaction. I am one of weirdos who like watching people enjoy what I enjoy.