Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
right that’s my point, drug testing is a very ancient and dated methodology for weeding out “unseemly” folks from good jobs with benefits because of the persistent idea that people who smoke weed are deviant drug users. the idea that you could have a computer science division or a computer engineering division where none of those people smoked weed is insane to think of now, but that’s the kind of world set up by people like Biden.

drug testing for weed is brought to you by the same kind of people who came up with Trump’s new “low-income housing in your suburbs” strategy, it’s just a dog whistle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
yeah but what I'm saying is that the ones that strenuously drug test the most are your Walmarts and Targets and other things that are absolutely not the good jobs, but rather minimum wage jobs with no hope for advancement

so it's less designed to weed out riffraff from higher stuff and more designed to make people suffer and keep them from being able to have a roof over their head, and is altogether more vicious than I think you're giving it credit for

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
we’re both saying the same thing, which is that using weed as a barrier to employment is insidious, I don’t personally think splitting hairs over “good jobs” and “lovely jobs” is the important part, keeping anyone out of employment because they consume a naturally occurring plant is just a toxic move, and that move started back in the 40s because of Willy Randy Hearst and big paper mills.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
true i was just trying to make everything worse because that's something that joe biden and i share in common I guess

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1291371568225017856

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

orange man bad

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/TristanPEJ/status/1291382518940413952

I was gonna say this but then this guy stole my fuckin thunder.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

more of the same from "you ain't black" biden

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

there is always more and it is always worse

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not only did Joe Biden hit bottom, he started digging until he came out the other side.

And then, after almost certainly hurling racial slurs at a group of people he assumed to be Chinese (since everyone knows that digging to the other end of the planet lands you in mainland China or sometimes Australia), he turned around and started digging his way back.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

the hospital system I work for only drug tests individuals for on boarding. I live in Oregon so weed is everywhere.

Policy for the system seems to be that you will never ever be drug tested again even if you file a workman's comp claim, no random drug testing, only if you are suspected to be under the influence while you are clocked in at work.

My company is actually cool in that way, and if I had to guess why they drug test people for on boarding it most likely has to do with federal funding/medicaid/joint commission which thinks drugs are bad and if you smoke weed then you're a bad healthcare provider

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

"Those notable exceptions of course, being those blacks who will not vote for me which makes them, you see, not black."

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i absolutely need to know what his notable exceptions are

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nice and hot piss posted:

My company is actually cool in that way, and if I had to guess why they drug test people for on boarding it most likely has to do with federal funding/medicaid/joint commission which thinks drugs are bad and if you smoke weed then you're a bad healthcare provider

Yeah, this is the main reason jobs drug test, they get a better deal on their insurance payments if they do.

It has the side benefit of screening out :argh: those lazy weed smoking stoners :argh: but that's not the main benefit, they just want cheaper insurance costs and the insurance companies give you a deal if you drug test.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WampaLord posted:

Yeah, this is the main reason jobs drug test, they get a better deal on their insurance payments if they do.

It has the side benefit of screening out :argh: those lazy weed smoking stoners :argh: but that's not the main benefit, they just want cheaper insurance costs and the insurance companies give you a deal if you drug test.

All jobs that deal with US government contracts require random drug tests.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Okay? That's an incredibly small fraction of the total jobs out there, I was talking more about normal non-government-contract jobs.

People get so loving hung up on weird semantic issues rather than just accept the greater point being made.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WampaLord posted:

Okay? That's an incredibly small fraction of the total jobs out there, I was talking more about normal non-government-contract jobs.

I'm just saying. Probably seems bigger to me since I've only had like one job that didn't and it was the only one that didn't piss test me

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Hey guys, not voting for a weird creepy rapist today.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zvahl posted:

yeah but what I'm saying is that the ones that strenuously drug test the most are your Walmarts and Targets and other things that are absolutely not the good jobs, but rather minimum wage jobs with no hope for advancement

so it's less designed to weed out riffraff from higher stuff and more designed to make people suffer and keep them from being able to have a roof over their head, and is altogether more vicious than I think you're giving it credit for

Buddy Walmart had to stop drug testing years ago because they couldn't keep anyone. The only people tested now are pharmacy people or if you get injured with the heavy equipment

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

ikanreed posted:

:same:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

no they dont

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
turns out it was just a mixup. he really likes rap, so he's been accused of being a rappist. easy mistake.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Buddy Walmart had to stop drug testing years ago because they couldn't keep anyone. The only people tested now are pharmacy people or if you get injured with the heavy equipment

lmao shows what my old out of touch office job rear end knows, I figured the bigger ones would have kept it up just to save a few bucks on insurance but I suppose if you can't constantly churn through employees you can't get there in the first place

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I've always understood it was some requirement for government contracts.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ive never been tested in 8 years :shrug:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
cmon man

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

yer tested every day, jack!

the test of nojoe

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fellatio del Toro posted:

are you on cocaine, do you need a cocaine test

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I work for a local government agency and because we receive federal funds all employees have to pass a federal drug test at least once, and anybody who doesn't sit at a desk is subject to random drug testing. Also since it's testing according to federal rules you can get popped for weed despite it being legal in my state.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Zvahl posted:

yeah I was bending over backwards trying to find a way to let the democrats who call themselves progressives slide because I want better things to happen because I'm a simple stupid baby

i didn't want to admit that the problem is joining the party in the first place, because that ruins what you are able to do. and what good is it anyway if you're going to turn around and say that Joe Biden is okay? Who cares what you think about ethnic cleansing in palestine being bad if you say 'but vote for joe biden'? you obviously don't mean it

I make a point to not trust the religious as regards my personal safety because I feel that they will value their thing they view as holy more than my life which their holy thing says is bad. The same principle applies to democrats. If they're willing to stand up to everything Joe Biden has done and say 'this is acceptable and good,' then they are only there as a grift or harm in the first place. And, worse, even if they're not, they'll be ground down to irrelevance or be broken to compliance.

Nothing good can come out of a democrat, and everyone who uses that loving dog catcher line can choke on poo poo i hate it so goddamn much

Thank you for this post. I’ve been NoJoe since he ratfucked Bernie but I’ve only just recently reached this same conclusion, finally. I’m ashamed it took me 20 years participating in this bullshit system to get here, but you’ve summed up my feelings nicely. the lesser of two evils is still evil and the fact that these are our only choices loving blows and I won’t play the game anymore.

2016 was what finally woke me up and I’ve spent the last 4 years learning how poo poo really is and it’s vile in the extreme. So I’ll cast my votes for people who actually represent me, if they exist, and if they don’t then gently caress it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This is exactly the sort of poo poo Trump would say and libs would erupt in outrage over.

The genesis is probably Biden listening in to his team talking about making varying appeals/commercials/etc. to different Latino communities with different cultures/needs, which is probably the first time Biden realized that Cubans and Hondurans aren't interchangable. Much like Trump, he eagerly went out and and showed off the exciting new "fact" that he learned in the stupidest way possible.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vox Nihili posted:

This is exactly the sort of poo poo Trump would say and libs would erupt in outrage over.

The genesis is probably Biden listening in to his team talking about making varying appeals/commercials/etc. to different Latino communities with different cultures/needs, which is probably the first time Biden realized that Cubans and Hondurans aren't interchangable. Much like Trump, he eagerly went out and and showed off the exciting new "fact" that he learned in the stupidest way possible.

Stupidest possible planet we've got here

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ikanreed posted:

doesn’t matter much to me
as long as he’s dead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1291540507416559617?s=19

gently caress off joe yes you did

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Give him the benefit of the doubt. He probably doesn't know what he did mean to say.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Operation Hide Joe needs to work harder, lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol

quote:

Kanye West Implies His Presidential Campaign Is Intentionally Trying to Hurt Biden’s Chances

When Lane pointed out that he would not appear on enough ballots to win 270 electoral votes, and subsequently the presidency, West replied, “I’m not going to argue with you. Jesus is King.”

Lane soon asked if the rapper was trying to thwart former Vice President Joe Biden’s White House chances, to which West replied, “I’m not denying it; I just told you.”

Ye has been a controversially avid supporter of Donald Trump throughout the years, though in a past interview with Forbes, he explained that “I am taking the red hat off, with this interview.” He did, however, praise Trump by noting, “Trump is the closest president we’ve had in years to allowing God to still be part of the conversation.”

On Wednesday, the President shared his thoughts on West at the White House, saying, “I like Kanye very much. I have nothing to do with him being on the ballot. I’m not involved.”

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

My hope is that with the Libertarians, Greens, and Kanye, nobody gets 270 and it gets thrown to the House.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I’m not going to argue with you. Jesus is king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The ultimate NoJoe.

I'm in awe.