Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

New Chapter Out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kei can finally get away from that crazy wall of flashcards.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The joke at the end got me GOOD. drat. I haven't belly-laughed like that in ages.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Grouchio posted:

Kei can finally get away from that crazy wall of flashcards.

It's so funny that she acknowledged just how crazy that wall is.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Daddy Daddy Do DILF

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I assume the translators basically had to come up with new jokes for the last pages, in which case, bravo. :golfclap:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Sindai posted:

I assume the translators basically had to come up with new jokes for the last pages, in which case, bravo. :golfclap:

I'll just copy and paste what the translator said on reddit. In spoilers just in case.

Translator here! Just a quick note on the final joke in this chapter - Papagane refers to himself as a 「港区おじさん」, which translates literally as "Minato Ward middle-aged man", but in certain contexts, also refers to a hot, wealthy, older gentleman.

He then embellishes this with 「パパ活する」, which literally means "working as a dad", but more commonly refers to older men who take part in compensated dating. Thus, together, 「パパ活する港区おじさん」becomes "sugar daddy DILF".

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

The translators for this series always go above and beyond.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Catpetter1981 posted:

Daddy Daddy Do DILF

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I love how Papagane becoming a Youtuber is now just an actual thing that has had actual consequences on their family's life rather than just a funny one-off gag which just gets reset to the status quo immediately after. Prez's family no longer being poor, and him now being able to live near Kaguya's house, is such a huge change with such potential long-term consequences on the story as a whole, and the fact that it's come about because his dad is now raking in fat stacks from becoming a YouTube streamer is just loving hilarious.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Link already posted earlier

The inevitable reality that comes from internet fame: creepy fans.
Also, that moment where Shirogane admits that he wants to live close to Kaguya :kimchi:

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 7, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Daddy Unleashed. Also Fujiwara continuing to be a little poo poo is great.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

theGrooseofLegend posted:

New chapter

The inevitable reality that comes from internet fame: creepy fans.
That was Fujiwara's older sister stalking daddy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

That was Fujiwara's older sister stalking daddy.

Oh god. That'd definitely be a possibility.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Despite not seeing Shirogane's face in that last page, I can practically feel his will to live ebbing away.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I love how terrible and petty Fujiwara is lol

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I love how terrible and petty Fujiwara is lol

I'm not sure what's worse, how incredibly petty she was being or the fact that I didn't even bat an eye at Ishi calling her out, more like a "well of course :geno: "

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

downtown independently livestreaming father

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

if the prices for different apartments listed in the chapter are accurate, i'm amazed at how lovely southern california apartment prices are compared to tokyo

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if the prices for different apartments listed in the chapter are accurate, i'm amazed at how lovely southern california apartment prices are compared to tokyo

It's not quite as cheap as in the manga, but it is in the same ballpark.

Here's a comparison between cost of living from between Tokyo and NYC from data taken between July and August 2020, and NYC is WAY more expensive overall. And SoCal is even worse.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rent is a gently caress

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I won’t claim to actually know anything about the subject, but the way I hear it there basically isn’t a housing asset bubble in Japan. For various reasons, housing isn’t seen as constantly increasing asset to buy purely for investment purposes over there, which changes the nature of housing demand considerably.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What mid-sized cities in Canada or US are not in housing asset bubbles?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
... Saskatoon, I want to say? I'm ashamed to admit knowing very little about the city aside from the killer punk scene it has.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

god drat this is depressing

the characters are talking about a three bedroom apartment in the exclusive core of the city and it costs only slightly more than my two bedroom apartment an hour drive out into the exurbs from the city proper

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
I'm not sure what this says about what Aka thinks of youtubers.

https://youtu.be/J_OdM7evDH8

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: New Chapter is out! (198 Speed Scans) :siren:

In Summary: Ishigami, through support and willpower, scores 36th on the third semester exams.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The power of friendship in a non-BS way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Attention thread please refer to me as a Despicable Soft gently caress from now on.

:shepface:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Screw all the shipping nonsense, give us more cute friendship instead :3:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What a feel-good chapter. It's great to see our boy making some progress.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/198/page/1

Jaiminis version is up.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ah poo poo, that's a good chapter. That's the stuff.

Thanks for posting the Jaminis version!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: New Chapter is out! (199 Speed Scans) :siren:

In which Kaguya ties 1st with Maki, and Pres drops to 12th

(Also headless Pres)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 24, 2020

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

:siren: New Chapter is out! (199 Speed Scans) :siren:

In which Kaguya ties 1st with Maki, and Pres drops to 12th

(Also headless Pres)

Hell has frozen over and pigs are flying - A chapter in which Maki appears but she doesn't suffer.

Also, seems that there are cracks developing in the relationship between Nagisa and Nagisa's boyfriend. Perhaps Maki will end up getting her man after all?

Catpetter1981 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 25, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Catpetter1981 posted:

Hell has frozen over and pigs are flying - A chapter in which Maki appears but she doesn't suffer.

Also, seems that there are cracks developing in the relationship between Nagisa and Nagisa's boyfriend. Perhaps Maki will end up getting her man after all?
Aka himself has stated that Maki is fated towards endless suffering. After all, this calls for another Nagisa chapter! :snoop:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Making the call here: Maki will end up with Nagisa.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Making the call here: Maki will end up with Nagisa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgFyCuKoEGA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

According to Aka Akasaka, Kaguya-sama is now in the final phase of its story. (that is to say, there's two years left of Kaguya)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 28, 2020

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That's actually more than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
2 years of manga* is like ~100 chapters. That's quite a lot.

*In a weekly series.