Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

strange fake is really good, narita is extremely good at writing fate horseshit and characters just hanging out.

waiting for the new novels is torture, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

its cool that I've never watched king gainer and know nothing about it but immediately thought Tomino directed this scene
King gainers worth watching, its pretty funny and has really good character designs

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

*rolls up sleeves* get ready for your rear end kicking
Is this my day of reckoning? :aaa:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Mordred is the best saber yeah
Wark is right

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

anime coming up soon (vtubers now)

homeless snail posted:

Animay Thursday @ 8pm eastern. Healin' Good Precure (probably, if google cooperates), Sega Hard Girls plays Puyo Puyo, and a probationary period of Dan-Doh but if it totally sucks i'm putting something else on
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I put King Gainer above every gundam property except maybe 1 or 2, its the good stuff.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
took me a second to parse that post and was gonna ask "which Gundam is Gundam 2"

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Pollyanna posted:

I played FSN and Tsukihime god knows how long ago (12-13 years maybe????) and I’ve just been kinda bemused as Fate got loving massive somehow. I haven’t played or watched anything past Realta Nua and the cooking show. I heard Zero was worthwhile but I just didn’t care when it came out.

Is the extended universe any good?

The Heaven's Feel movies are extremely good imo. They've really recontextualized a lot of what I thought about the prior Fate stuff (UBW and Zero). I vaguely knew what the plot of the VN was, since I played the first two routes and had read about the third one on the internet way back when I was 17. But the movies are really good, and I'm more excited for part 3 of Heaven's Feel than I am for the 4th Evangelion Rebuild movie.

The cooking show is also a legitimately good cooking show.

edit: oh and the Kara no Kyoukai movies are also pretty awesome if you like weird Nasu-isms and nonbinary supernatural assassins.

Cephas fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 7, 2020

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Im watching They Live for the first time in like 15 years and its still good. Are there any anime with the same premise?

Megazone 23

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cephas posted:

edit: oh and the Kara no Kyoukai movies are also pretty awesome if you like weird Nasu-isms and nonbinary supernatural assassins.

I just learned about these yesterday when I was going through my FGO servants and found Shiki Ryougi and had no clue what she was from. It sounds weird but fun, so I might watch them at some point.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Megazone 23
I still need to watch part 2 and maybe the Robotech movie cut for shits and giggles

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

Wark is right

no

KoB
May 1, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

Wark is right

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

smdh

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

There's nothing better than tomboy abs and thighs.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Zeether posted:

I still need to watch part 2 and maybe the Robotech movie cut for shits and giggles

Part 2 is an exceptional film. Enjoy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora is right.

Fran is best Saber.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the people love mordred

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mordred is still best son. But not best Saber.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Saber's political identity as king causing her child to have gender issues is such a great idea

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mods are asleep post mordred tummy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DoubleDonut posted:

took me a second to parse that post and was gonna ask "which Gundam is Gundam 2"

Lol

Also I'm awake Stairmaster dont lie to me :mad:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dandoh... isnt good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

dandoh... isnt good

I told you this like 4 minutes in! Should have bailed!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is there a reason Ufotable hasn't made a version of the first part of Fate/stay night yet?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is there a reason Ufotable hasn't made a version of the first part of Fate/stay night yet?

Because there is already a Fate/stay night adaptation by studio deen and I'd imagine Nasu and whoever manages the licenses would rather adapt new interesting material instead of readapting the old anime, though admittedly it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not that important, tbh. The majority of the Fate route is explaining how the setting works.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Julias posted:

I told you this like 4 minutes in! Should have bailed!
if i had tenchi already uploaded i would have...

the only other thing i have in there is crest of the stars and i dont think people would have been happy about that

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Only trust your fists gang representing chat thread tonight

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I demand new representation, I didnt vote for this.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

fists representation

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

dandoh... isnt good

what about dendoh?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

There's already an anime of it. The deen anime has issues but it's not so bad that tehy need to redo it completely or anything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the Deen anime isn't great, but it at least exists, unlike some other hypothetical anime based on a T-M VN.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Droyer posted:

what about dendoh?
turns out when i asked if people wanted to watch dandoh there was some confusion, with dendoh

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

turns out when i asked if people wanted to watch dandoh there was some confusion, with dendoh

I want to watch dendoh but like half of it is hk subs and i can't handle that again.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not that important, tbh. The majority of the Fate route is explaining how the setting works.
it also provides a basic narrative that later arcs build on and subvert in interesting ways, so it is pretty important, IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
the closest thing we have to english dendoh is the srw mx let's play.