Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It sounds much better in German

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Bottom Liner posted:

If you haven’t already and depending on what you want, Restoration Games has teased it as their next game they’ll be updating/rereleasing.

The best thing about Heroquest is waiting for updated Heroquest!

if it doesn't have the tiny furniture, i'm *not* interested.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Was browsing big cat games https://www.bigcatgames.biz/s/shop due to the uncertainty of getting items from JP due to covid and shipping restrictions. Wondering if anyone's played Mitsuhama, Pompiers, or Tokkome. I was already planning on getting Nokosu dice and Hyakke-Yagyo. Mitsuhama is especially intriguing to me since it seems like a compelling filler market game.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

the tiny furniture was definitely the best part of Heroquest

(this says more about the rest of the game than it says about the tiny furniture)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Straight White Shark posted:

the tiny furniture was definitely the best part of Heroquest

(this says more about the rest of the game than it says about the tiny furniture)

Excuse me, the best thing about Heroquest is the gargoyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
25$ for one whole new character for TMB is always a laugh. At least it'll survive if my house floods!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Deviant posted:

*Contemplates selling his entire heroquest set to deviant one singular piece at a time*

The furniture/gargoyle was always one of the coolest parts to 9 yo me

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

Excuse me, the best thing about Heroquest is the gargoyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

gargoyle = living statue = furniture :colbert:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Mayveena posted:

If you want to say that the whole game could be done with cardboard and plastic that's one thing

Yeah that's what I meant, there's finish and then there's using poker chips for hp.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Eraflure posted:

Yeah that's what I meant, there's finish and then there's using poker chips for hp.

I think that’s valid. The poker chips are functional and certainly better than chits but they could have included the upgrades as standard.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

So racist tells me that if I as a person of color want representation then people of color should make their own games and leave white people games to white people. He didn't say exactly that but that's what he was really saying. Then he goes about telling me about small German board game companies.

I will respond to you with this, the first known review of a Euro game to an American audience.:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.games.board/4DRD8oJ91mk

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

What the gently caress is a "white people game"? What a piece of poo poo.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Alma Mater

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Euro games are in his mind for people of European descent and if people of color want representation they should make their own games.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2477850/article/35517964#35517964

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this kind of poo poo day in and day out. I'm ready to get banned telling this dipshit off.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Mayveena posted:

Euro games are in his mind for people of European descent and if people of color want representation they should make their own games.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2477850/article/35517964#35517964

I've been trying to type something for like 5 minutes and I'm still speechless. What the poo poo is wrong with people

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Crackbone posted:

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this kind of poo poo day in and day out. I'm ready to get banned telling this dipshit off.

You won't be banned for it, but your post may get deleted. Most likely it will be deleted as "Response to deleted post", though.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mayveena posted:

I will respond to you with this, the first known review of a Euro game to an American audience.:

I'm glad you posted this here where it won't get removed, because drat.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mayveena posted:

So racist tells me that if I as a person of color want representation then people of color should make their own games and leave white people games to white people. He didn't say exactly that but that's what he was really saying. Then he goes about telling me about small German board game companies.

I'm getting a blank page from that link.

E: never mind, it's something to do with this specific instance of Firefox - it's working when I open in a new window. Weird.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
Some dude was so distraught at the perceived attack on the sanctity of his racially pure boardgame that he compared the persecution to a pizza joint getting flak for not delivering beyond their delivery radius.

Nerds.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Llyranor posted:

Some dude was so distraught at the perceived attack on the sanctity of his racially pure boardgame that he compared the persecution to a pizza joint getting flak for not delivering beyond their delivery radius.

Nerds.

If my local pizza joint didn't serve pineapple, they will definitely hear about it. So it doesn't even work there :v:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Llyranor posted:

Nerds.

I can smell that fat motherfucker’s Fedora from here. I basically called him a bigot and he doubled down on free market horseshit.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Crackbone posted:

I can smell that fat motherfucker’s Fedora from here. I basically called him a bigot and he doubled down on free market horseshit.

And, it's like, let's say he's right. Then what? He literally has no point he's making aside from arguing some semantic nonsense.

edit: also, maybe not so much with the fat bit?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Finally some of his inane poo poo got deleted, though none of the ones I've been replying to. Dumbass pivoted to talking about the sanctity of the artist's vision.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Another troll got banned. Mayveena is doing the Lord's work here, and has 100+ thumbs on the OP to prove it.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
I don't understand why people get so up in arms about non-white people showing up in their fictional games.

At the end of the day, who really gives a poo poo? It's an imaginary person.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Because they're racist.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Every time I look at the bad BGG posts I age 100 more years. Thank you for fighting the good fight, Mayveena.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

We've been fed a lot of white supremacy stuff regarding who was actually there in history and who we're told were there. If you even spend five minutes on Google you'll see a lot of actual facts regarding European history and people of color.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Llyranor posted:

Man, I wish I could do that guilt free. I live just outside the delivery radius of five different pizza places and I refuse to use middleman delivery apps due to price hikes, wage theft, and wrong orders when I have food issues. Particularly when the source itself delivers.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I don't have any pizza in my town. I just buy noodles instead :v:

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Wow I spent all this time thinking Too Many Bones was actually the bad? MOBA board game Rum & Bones. Finally actually looked it up and it seems really neat. Production quality and price are both a little ridiculous, but this could be the perfect "I got a new job" gift to myself.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Crackbone posted:

Let's not stoop to body shaming. We can attack lovely terrible points and tear down hateful ideologies without that

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Radioactive Toy posted:

Wow I spent all this time thinking Too Many Bones was actually the bad? MOBA board game Rum & Bones. Finally actually looked it up and it seems really neat. Production quality and price are both a little ridiculous, but this could be the perfect "I got a new job" gift to myself.

Chip Theory also did the Hoplomachus games which also use poker chip stacks in a clever way. It's a neat concept and it works. Their games are spendy, though.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Radioactive Toy posted:

First off I’ve heard (only heard) that rum & bones version 2 is actually good.

Second, the TMB people also did make a moba game, Cloudspire.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

There's also Guards of Atlantis 2 that should be shipping next year some time

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

There's also Guards of Atlantis 2 that should be shipping next year some time

A guy in my group was on the wider playtest list for that. Says it's good. But then he likes a lot of games that I don't.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've had great success introducing Dominion to family, looking forward to getting an expansion. I wish they had versions with better art though, even as a ~~premium~~~ product

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Narrator posted:

I don't have any pizza in my town. I just buy noodles instead :v:

And stop for coffee at three different places on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pointsofdata posted:

I've had great success introducing Dominion to family, looking forward to getting an expansion. I wish they had versions with better art though, even as a ~~premium~~~ product

Dominion and Galaxy Trucker are the games that I like which have landed best with my relatives.