Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Some Pinko Commie has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Aug 7, 2020

Burns
May 10, 2008

Shouldve been memes of production.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Burns posted:

Shouldve been memes of production.

Oh yeah?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

mysterious frankie posted:

We went to a Denny’s for the first time in 15 years while in the suburbs and they had the calories printed in the menu. They didn’t have the calories printed in the menus when I was younger. Plate of nachos is 1650 calories. And we were going there to smoke too. Every day I don’t have a heart attack is a day I don’t get what’s coming to me.

Same, but Waffle House (too rural for Denny's)

Good ol' biscuit w/ gravy runs a solid 600 calories a pop, and I was putting away 2-3 a trip. Astounding that I was such a skinny kid.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

add me to the list of people who have gone to Denny's on too many drugs

It is always full of cops too idk what we were thinking

Waffle house makes you wish it was full of cops though

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hawowanlawow posted:

add me to the list of people who have gone to Denny's on too many drugs

It is always full of cops too idk what we were thinking

Waffle house makes you wish it was full of cops though

All i know about Waffle House is it is (was?) one of the places Jeff Foxworthy and friends would go to to shoot poo poo and get material for jokes.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Is this ullillia?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Reasons why you're at:

Denny's: You're traveling and it's the only thing open. It's 3am and you have the drunk munchies. IHOP is too liberal for you.

IHOP: You here to ascend into the next dimension from the sugar rush of the pancakes. The children asked to come here. There's no actual good pancake place around.

Waffle House: It's the only place still open during the hurricane. No one will question what drugs you're on since everyone else is on something as well. The chicken and waffles are actually decent. You woke up and thought that today would be the day you fight a random stranger.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kuros posted:

Reasons why you're at:

Denny's: You're traveling and it's the only thing open. It's 3am and you have the drunk munchies. IHOP is too liberal for you.

IHOP: You here to ascend into the next dimension from the sugar rush of the pancakes. The children asked to come here. There's no actual good pancake place around.

Waffle House: It's the only place still open during the hurricane. No one will question what drugs you're on since everyone else is on something as well. The chicken and waffles are actually decent. You woke up and thought that you today would be the day you fought a random stranger.

Ihop was way too bright inside, even as a non intoxicated person I never liked the vibe in there. Wafflehouse always feels unsafe and filthy, which is really fun sometimes. Denny's ends up being the option because being young and stupid leads you to some weird places sometimes.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Huddle House: I thought this was a Waffle House.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kuros posted:

Reasons why you're at:

Waffle House: It's the only place still open during the hurricane. No one will question what drugs you're on since everyone else is on something as well. The chicken and waffles are actually decent. You woke up and thought that today would be the day you fight a random stranger.

I could walk to Waffle House from my old apartment, it was also at the approximate midway point on foot between the bar and my apartment. It was great for both the nights where I needed to eat before heading home, or was still hungover, put the missing shoe back on and walk over there for some hasbrowns piled high

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

Ihop was way too bright inside, even as a non intoxicated person I never liked the vibe in there. Wafflehouse always feels unsafe and filthy, which is really fun sometimes. Denny's ends up being the option because being young and stupid leads you to some weird places sometimes.

The nearest Denny's to me is about 45 minutes away. I miss growing up and there were like 5 within 10. Hell when I worked 2nd shift, I could always stop by Denny's and see one of my friends just hanging out there all night because we were like 19 and dumb

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kuros posted:

Reasons why you're at:

You need to add "Denny's is too dingy for you" to IHOP

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

The nearest Denny's to me is about 45 minutes away. I miss growing up and there were like 5 within 10. Hell when I worked 2nd shift, I could always stop by Denny's and see one of my friends just hanging out there all night because we were like 19 and dumb

Our closest one was 20-30min from our town, in the biggest city near by: Plano...from there another 30 min to Deep Ellum. So we'd stop into denny's going out or coming back, and always run into people we knew. This was before cellphones too, so it was always a case of randomly finding friends at hangout spots, which I miss because it lead to some great surprise adventures often.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Krowley posted:

Is this ullillia?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

This was before cellphones too, so it was always a case of randomly finding friends at hangout spots, which I miss because it lead to some great surprise adventures often.

That's probably the one thing I miss the most about my 20's, just running into people you know and going on an adventure.

Meet up with some friends at a Starbucks, turns into one of your friends needing stitches and you getting abandoned at the Safeway rally point because you're one of two people with a cell phone, just in case the other car shows up.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LifeSunDeath posted:

Our closest one was 20-30min from our town, in the biggest city near by: Plano...from there another 30 min to Deep Ellum. So we'd stop into denny's going out or coming back, and always run into people we knew. This was before cellphones too, so it was always a case of randomly finding friends at hangout spots, which I miss because it lead to some great surprise adventures often.

Village inn corporate headquarters is near me, so we have plenty of vi and Denny's, but waffle House is a South East thing mostly. I kinda miss them but it's also where i met my ex wife

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Before time was invented we were still selling clocks, just less clocks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RFC2324 posted:

Village inn corporate headquarters is near me, so we have plenty of vi and Denny's, but waffle House is a South East thing mostly. I kinda miss them but it's also where i met my ex wife

:lmao:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a great place to meet stray dogs and steal cats from the dumpster

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a great place to meet stray dogs and steal cats from the dumpster

It's not stealing if it's in the dumpster.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

For a little clarity, we met up on match.com and waffle house was where we agreed to meet the next morning for coffee.

Still should have been a red flag

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CainFortea posted:

It's not stealing if it's in the dumpster.

Those cats belong to the dumpster

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

That's probably the one thing I miss the most about my 20's, just running into people you know and going on an adventure.

Meet up with some friends at a Starbucks, turns into one of your friends needing stitches and you getting abandoned at the Safeway rally point because you're one of two people with a cell phone, just in case the other car shows up.

One night I got a random call on the landline from a friend that told me he'd talked to another friend who'd moved away and for me to call him, So I did and he had been staying about an hour away in Denton, we caught up for a bit then he's like "you should come up here, tonight, also pick up my friend on the way, she's already waiting at the supermarket." So I roll out, on my way pick up another buddy that I see walking down the street, we get to the supermarket, the girl is there but has no clue we were coming, we're like "Hey do you need a ride?" it was hilarious. We drive an hour to this other city and have a blast hanging out all night walking around etc, get lost on the way home, drive literally the whole perimeter of Dallas at 3am trying to find my way back, no one to call for help, no map, just me and a car load of sleeping friends, driving and hoping for the best. drat those were some fun times.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

RFC2324 posted:

For a little clarity, we met up on match.com and waffle house was where we agreed to meet the next morning for coffee.

Still should have been a red flag

drat, I could have put "On a date to meet your future ex-husband/wife." in the Waffle House section of my post.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Cracker Barrel: You're too old to be allowed to drive. Checkers with hockey puck sized pieces. You make more than one post each day that contains "#MAGA". The gift store has some good candy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Waffle House is seriously delicious. Like I legit crave it at least once a week. It's way out of the league of ihop and dennys.

Also, southerners are masters of the breakfast food craft. No one stood a chance against Waffle House from the beginning.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah the food is very good but you definitely need to check and make sure your coffee mug is actually clean, and if you hear "what are you looking at?" it's time to pay out and leave

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

This would also be kind of pushing it if we all didn't know Jerry so well.

Also you can't be racist against white people. Or, alternate hot take, you can be racist against white people and you should because we're terrible and deserve it. (This is me making a dumb hyperbolic joke as a regular poster, not an Official Mod Position)

This is kinda racist, just fyi. Something to keep in mind and avoid in the future.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Waffle House is the McDonald’s of breakfast diners but to be honest that doesn’t mean the quality of food or experience is any less different from ‘genuine’ breakfast diners and I am happy with that.

Also WH being a litmus test for disaster severity, true or not, is pretty hilarious.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

All those forest bog-hovel living Swedes who used to live in Russia calling themselves Finnish people. Don't even have a proper Germanic or Slavic language like all civilized nations around them.

Der Kyhe has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Aug 7, 2020

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also, nothing at Waffle House is pre-made (in the just heat it up sense) so you can get wild variation between a bad cook and a great cook.

But there's that baseline of if you gently caress up eggs or breakfast steaks you just aren't cut out to be cooking in the south so the bar is extremely high from the beginning.

A 16 year old with zero experience can run the microwaves at ihop.

Plus, Waffle House is keeping alive that olde timey diner short order jargon like "two heifers, slap their mama, burn the stink, grease 'em up and take 'em on a date" to mean a patty melt, and that owns.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What I'm trying to say here is I now have regular access to Waffle House (pre-covid) and man, people outside of the Waffle Zone don't know what they're missing.

And I would kill for a heaping hash brown right now with lovely black coffee and 2 eggs over medium. Goddamn it, America. I want Waffle House, sports, and movie theaters back.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

IHOP feels like eating in a hospital waiting room and Waffle House feels like eating in a greyhound station

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://youtu.be/QBw4huCadBQ

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dennys feels like eating at a Dennys

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

IHOP feels like eating in a hospital waiting room and Waffle House feels like eating in a greyhound station

sickeningly accurate

Hihohe posted:

Dennys feels like eating at a Dennys

when people describe something else as being like denny's that's when you've got a problem

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Waffle House is not “good” but it is what you need. The old man goes to one so often that they know his car and have the order ready shortly after he sits down. Apparently he’s part of the training for that location; they even keep a bottle of that green hot sauce around for him in case he forgets to bring his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Plus, Waffle House is keeping alive that olde timey diner short order jargon like "two heifers, slap their mama, burn the stink, grease 'em up and take 'em on a date" to mean a patty melt, and that owns.

I'm hoping you just adlibbed this because I just looked up a comprehensive list of diner jargon and none of these phrases were even on it, teach me your ways