Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Rival NEET probably found all of the bugs in the other company’s games so had to find a new job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
he's about to get an all time high score on the elevator :stare:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Poor NEET. He had no idea you might not get the very first job you apply for even if you're good at it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Working NEET is interesting and fun, but I'm really missing The Odaventures.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Me too, but it's nice to get a small break honestly. It's such a rollercoaster whenever Oda's involved.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

same

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
where is sister make tho :(

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

"I recognize you, but refuse to acknowledge you." x2

I look forward to their neet antics or work rivalry

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I'm really enjoying your translations brother make, thanks for keeping the thread going! I am worried about sister make tho,I hope they're alright:(

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

You know it's interesting because in movies it often sorta sneaks by that the focus/scene included something you wouldn't really expect to be a major component and that was an intentional decision. Like you read reviews and summaries from people in the know and when they point out the subtle things that to a laymen just feel like a typical transition you nod along and go yeah I can sort of see that it was in fact an active decision to represent this feeling or concept, but you prolly wouldn't have noticed it unless you were looking for it. Even generic stuff like lingering on a teakettle starting to whistle is easy to overlook.

In a setting like this though you can look at every panel and it's pretty obvious the author spent time on it for this or that reason, that's why the panel is there. It's refreshing.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Sprue posted:

I'm really enjoying your translations brother make, thanks for keeping the thread going! I am worried about sister make tho,I hope they're alright:(

Thank you! I'm a bit unconfident in my ability to translate, especially written stuff, especially especially something with so much handwritten stuff, but I'm slowly remembering how to read. Usually my problem isn't understanding the Japanese, but struggling to find the best English. I'm glad you're all enjoying it, and no one has spotted any glaring errors yet.

I hope Sister Make is okay too. I have not heard anything myself. Maybe it's related to the computer issues they were having earlier. Hopefully everything is okay.

ArbitraryC posted:

In a setting like this though you can look at every panel and it's pretty obvious the author spent time on it for this or that reason, that's why the panel is there. It's refreshing.

I like to post two panels a day so everyone can savor and respond to every panel, while also moving fast enough that we can eventually catch up.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

:getout:

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Perfection. I would buy a wall scroll of this.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

No Sister Make for like, two weeks now. Hope they are okay.

e: didnt see the last page of the thread where this was brought up, sorry

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What happened two weeks ago

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Much like how "pervert" is literally "stupid China",
apparently "idiot" can mean "Korean".
The more you know! :japan:

Original:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1291728724832837633

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I'm not sure if those reformed penguin mascots are demeaning or uplifting for prisoners, but I do know I'd want a hug from them after getting out of the clink.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
It's the only job prospect available to them.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

NEET will press 1 and his own phone will start ringing.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

By a staggering coincidence the pink penguin was also in jail for admitting to the murder of her parents (she was just trying to throw the investigation into chaos).

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Moon Slayer posted:

By a staggering coincidence the pink penguin was also in jail for admitting to the murder of her parents (she was just trying to throw the investigation into chaos).

A peak into a future job on the ex-con timeline

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's the only job prospect available to them.

Yeah you think they want to be there either?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Those are some pretty poo poo prinnies, dood.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

That guy has some fancy pants.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
I hope they become friends and Toru likes the job.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

tohru looks like a kindergartener on his first day of school lol

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET
Thanks to everyone for their concern and support, and thanks to Brother Make for keeping the thread alive. Computer troubles did throw me off my rhythm (on top of general isolation stuff), and then shortly afterwards I had a sort of crunch time at work for over a week that didn't leave me with a lot of energy. It was also a little scary to jump back in after being away for a while. But seeing as no one took up the Crime mantle in my absence, I'm trying to get back on the translation horse.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

It's a little poetic that the first panels after I come back are about NEET's loss of drive.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Good to see you back Sister!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Sister Make posted:

Thanks to everyone for their concern and support, and thanks to Brother Make for keeping the thread alive.

No problem! Welcome back! I kept the NEET warm for you while you were away.

Sister Make posted:

I had a sort of crunch time at work for over a week that didn't leave me with a lot of energy.

Thankfully, as a NEET myself, I always have time for more NEET (as long as I don't forget like I did this morning, lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Goon