Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Terrible Opinions posted:

I think we could swing higher.

Gridman was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Most of the performative internet hate for it back in the day though was due to it not being exclusively boy enough.

i think with the popularity of stuff like pretty cure and kemono friends with guys, inuyasha has started to receive far less hate as a result.

i'm not saying the show is perfect (it's very repetitive, and could have ended much sooner), but the characters are fun, and i liked it when the dog man slashes monsters with big dog tooth sword.

also, the next rumiko anime (rinne) is more manly due to the fact that it has the VAs for simon, yoko and kamina from gurren lagann

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 7, 2020

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Gridman was really good.
It had some really good moments, but also a lot of meandering that felt like it didn't know what it wanted to do. So when it was on it was really on, but that wasn't the whole show. Would probably be better consolidated down into a movie.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really liked the intro eps for sesshomaru, that's my only inuyasha opinion until i watch more.

also it's kinda funny to see the ep1 centipede lady just casually in the pv for the new series

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

dogsicle posted:

i really liked the intro eps for sesshomaru, that's my only inuyasha opinion until i watch more.

also it's kinda funny to see the ep1 centipede lady just casually in the pv for the new series

i'd read the manga. it cuts out some of the filler that inuyasha is known for, plus it has some pretty great character moments that were cut out of the anime.

i also wouldn't recommend the movies because they exaggerate the flaws of the characters, imo. inuyasha and sesshomaru's dad is pretty cool though, and is voiced by snake

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 7, 2020

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hell. im gonna watch the new inuyasha show

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Gridman was undercooked and just kinda boring.

I remember being a baby and thinking Inuyasha was weirdly dark and edge of your seat exciting and it's funny to think how it prolly sctatched the same itch for a generation of young anime watchers back then as, I unno, Tokyo Ghoul or Gleipnir does now. Seems like about the right time to bring that franchise back, seeing as how those shows have done so well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rent-a-Girlfriend doing really well on Anitrendz, it's the highest-rated non-sequel series, Chizuru is the top non-sequel female character, and her and that idiot MC are the #1 ship this week.

Sadly Natsume from Deca-Dence doesn't even rank, which is a goddamn crime.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

anime originals aren't usually that popular with the seasonal zeitgeist audience who do all those ranking and rating sites. takes longer for them to build a reputation

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Inuyasha is best watched when you’re half asleep at 3am and just kind of see a random episode completely out of context on TV. I remember thinking it kicked rear end in that state, but then when I tried to actually watch it all the way through, it was just kind of boring and had way too much filler.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

yeah, i don't think inuyasha is meant to be binged watch all at once. unlike most other shonen like dragon ball or one piece, there aren't any major arcs, and it's mostly monster of the week episodes like a mecha anime.

i still liked it, but i can see why people wouldn't. at least it didn't insult my intelligence like naruto did later on

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
what made you feel like it didn't respect your intelligence. would you consider that a distinct move from 'being a story that inspires young kids'

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Space Flower posted:

what made you feel like it didn't respect your intelligence. would you consider that a distinct move from 'being a story that inspires young kids'

probably the fact that naruto forgives a whole poo poo ton of horrible people, including the guy who's indirectly responisble for the death of his parents, and the fact that he's obsessed with a guy who's tried to kill him multiple times and is also terrible.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 7, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Willo567 posted:

yeah, i don't think inuyasha is meant to be binged watch all at once. unlike most other shonen like dragon ball or one piece, there aren't any major arcs, and it's mostly monster of the week episodes like a mecha anime.

i still liked it, but i can see why people wouldn't. at least it didn't insult my intelligence like naruto did later on

Very few mecha anime do monster of the week episodes without major arcs.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Gripweed posted:

Very few mecha anime do monster of the week episodes without major arcs.

i meant older mecha poo poo like the original mazinger and getter robo tv shows

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
though, the guy who is directly responsible for the death of naruto's parents is sealed in his stomach and they get along just fine

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Space Flower posted:

though, the guy who is directly responsible for the death of naruto's parents is sealed in his stomach and they get along just fine

obito was the one who unsealed the nine-tail fox from kushina and had it under his control though

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah we pick that up years after they've become thick as thieves

but also like, i don't think it's "disrespecting your intelligence" rather than just being something you fundamentally disagree with. naruto has a clear idealism he sticks with throughout the series. it's the core theme from the first chapter to gaara's arc to its biggest hurdle in pain/nagato.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

AnoHito posted:

Inuyasha is best watched when you’re half asleep at 3am and just kind of see a random episode completely out of context on TV. I remember thinking it kicked rear end in that state, but then when I tried to actually watch it all the way through, it was just kind of boring and had way too much filler.

I liked the show in spurts and some of the fights and demon designs were cool, just hated everything about the relationship dynamics of the two main "pairings" in the group.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Space Flower posted:

The demystification of the Kyuubi into some giant named pet was one of the worst moments of that series.

Not as bad as Sasuke going "Yeah sorry I tried to killed you" and Karin starts fawning over him again.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 8, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Excuse me, author? Heh, i dont know if you realized, but youve created something that doesnt align with my world views. Stop insulting my intelligence

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

endorph go have a hot meal and relax

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Patware posted:

endorph go have a hot meal and relax
I like that you chose to call that out as too far and not grouchio calling sasuke 'sasugay' like this is 2006 gamefaqs

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Endorph posted:

I like that you chose to call that out as too far and not grouchio calling sasuke 'sasugay' like this is 2006 gamefaqs

i figure he'll just eat a probation as usual

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Grouchio posted:

The demystification of the Kyuubi into some giant named pet was one of the worst moments of that series.

i like how by boruto the tailed beasts are marketable mascots and so when they bring the real shukaku home naruto's daughter is like wow cute, this shukaku talks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGiA7-H1kU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wait i forgot about him calling hitsugaya hitsugayah two .onths ago

Grouchio that guys name already has gay in it that wasnt even a pun

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you spell it different or use italics to stress that you're saying it "gay-uh" and not like "gaia"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

i like how by boruto the tailed beasts are marketable mascots and so when they bring the real shukaku home naruto's daughter is like wow cute, this shukaku talks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGiA7-H1kU
Lol at hinata just going along with it being a toy even though shed definitely know it wasnt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just dislike that Naruto goes from being the plucky underdog no one believes in to having been the most important person who ever lived from the day he was born.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I just dislike that Naruto goes from being the plucky underdog no one believes in to having been the most important person who ever lived from the day he was born.
i mean he had the magic demon in him from the start

his dad being hokage was stupid tho

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

Wait i forgot about him calling hitsugaya hitsugayah two .onths ago

Grouchio that guys name already has gay in it that wasnt even a pun
Sorry it's a carry-over nickname from another forum in 2010 when everyone began actively hating Sasuke. I'll stop that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Sorry it's a carry-over nickname from another forum in 2010 when everyone began actively hating Sasuke. I'll stop that.

How did this carry over 10 years lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

i mean he had the magic demon in him from the start

his dad being hokage was stupid tho

And then he's the reincarnation of like the first ninja and is able to beat the progenitor of all ninjas because his boobie jutsu is literally the only completely original jutsu that's ever been made.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

Arlong Park Forums (2009-2013). Was an avid One Piece fan member until Dressrosa, by which point I became disillusioned with OP and peaced out.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Zerilan posted:

I liked the show in spurts and some of the fights and demon designs were cool, just hated everything about the relationship dynamics of the two main "pairings" in the group.

does it have to do with the sit commands for inuyasha and kagome? that poo poo was really exaggerated in the anime compared to the manga, especially if you watch the movies.

i agree that the miroku and sango relationship sucks and is dumb.

i'm sorry if it sounds like i'm being a fan boy. i'm really trying not to be one

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 8, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sango deserved better

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

she really did after all that poo poo she went through

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

I still refuse to call Eren Jaeger's series anything other than THE EOTENA ONSLAUGHT because it's just hilariously silly that I can still remember 7 years after I read those aforementioned silly justifications for the title change on those subs (even after the publisher/author actually decided to go with the official localized title they went to). :mmmhmm:

OTOH, Grouchio stop doing that poo poo. If I got my dumbass coworker to drop that awful poo poo (at least during working hours/while we're on meetings), I have absolutely zero remorse to be just as much of a hardass with you. Knock it off.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

OTOH, Grouchio stop doing that poo poo. If I got my dumbass coworker to drop that awful poo poo (at least during working hours/while we're on meetings), I have absolutely zero remorse to be just as much of a hardass with you. Knock it off.
Yes ma'am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I still refuse to call Eren Jaeger's series anything other than THE EOTENA ONSLAUGHT because it's just hilariously silly that I can still remember 7 years after I read those aforementioned silly justifications for the title change on those subs (even after the publisher/author actually decided to go with the official localized title they went to). :mmmhmm:

God I miss the golden age of fansubs sometimes.