Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

They stepped directly on the wet part of the rock wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

ekuNNN posted:

Ooouuuggghhhh

Yup, textbook grape-stomping response.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

She made three mistakes: first going off trail. Second, not wearing proper shoes for going off trail when she did. And third, she didn't look where she stepped.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

How dead is she if she keeps crying even while underwater? Is the camera mounted on her forehead?

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

steam-cleaned urinal
https://i.imgur.com/k7iGcKX.mp4

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Jesus christ how hosed up was she? Those noises she was making were not good.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

One of the mills I work out of in Syracuse pipes hot water into their urinals and toilets. It's actually pleasant to sit down on a toilet and have the seat always be warm.

Content:
More interesting than OSHA- xenon balloon demonstration yields the opposite results that the chemist was planning to demonstrate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNmmX83xIGM

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Getting your pubes permed unexpectedly would be...surprising

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

How dead is she if she keeps crying even while underwater? Is the camera mounted on her forehead?

She lived

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A good huff of pissfog must do wonders for clearing out your sinuses.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
you could boil your wiener in that thing.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

She just sounds winded, probably from smacking her back on the way down.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

One of the mills I work out of in Syracuse pipes hot water into their urinals and toilets. It's actually pleasant to sit down on a toilet and have the seat always be warm.

Content:
More interesting than OSHA- xenon balloon demonstration yields the opposite results that the chemist was planning to demonstrate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNmmX83xIGM
I forget where I was when I experienced that it yea it's nice

e: oh, probably a ski resort

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lilbeefer posted:

She just sounds winded, probably from smacking her back on the way down.

Also I think the camera mic gets hosed up a bit though it's hard to tell.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phanatic posted:

A gun-type weapon using U235. If you have the salvaged plutonium core from an old fission bomb, making that into a gun-type bomb is going to be incredibly difficult. That was the whole point behind the implosion type, the rate of spontaneous fission in Pu239 is so high that making a gun-type bomb with it was impractical for the US.

The spontaneous fission of 239Pu was something they could work with.

It was the spontaneous fission of the 240Pu contamination that scuttled the gun type bomb.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Conversely, the bathroom in the lovely old hangar where I work has zero air conditioning and becomes unpleasantly swampy in hot weather. The idea of adding hot water toilets on top of that literally makes my rear end in a top hat cringe. Though the area doesn't get any heat during the winter either, so I guess it would be pretty nice then.

Other OSHA fun from that hangar: when the AC died building-wide a couple months ago, we got some portable AC units (those little freestanding ones with a tube that routes the hot air) and had to plumb the exhaust into the existing air return vents in the ceiling. We discovered that the grate over the vent, a good ~10lb chunk of metal, was only held up by four screws drilled into the decades-old ceiling tile, not attached to any actual solid support. Said tile crumbled apart immediately when we went to remove the vent. That vent is directly over the desk where someone works every day, so it could have fallen out and brained them at pretty much any time.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
The waterfall girl:
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/woman-survives-50-foot-drop-hawaiian-waterfall-captures/story?id=65558398

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

quote:

Friesen sustained a collapsed lung, 10 broken ribs and a fractured scapula from the fall.

Yeah, more than "just winded."

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Ten broken ribs and a punctured lung? No wonder she sounded awful.

Anyway, I have a bunch of pictures of missile testing at the Proving Grounds in Yuma, AZ, in 1976-1977 that this thread would probably like, but they're in my google drive and I don't know the most efficient way to host them somewhere. Can you make an imgur album from google drive and if so, how?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
thats a good winding in some professions

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Ten broken ribs and a punctured lung? No wonder she sounded awful.

Anyway, I have a bunch of pictures of missile testing at the Proving Grounds in Yuma, AZ, in 1976-1977 that this thread would probably like, but they're in my google drive and I don't know the most efficient way to host them somewhere. Can you make an imgur album from google drive and if so, how?

select them all in Google Drive, hit Shift-D to download them all, open the zip file it produces, go to imgur.com/upload and drag all of the files from the zip drive into the browser window

If you want to post them in the thread as embedded images, you'll need to post the direct link wrapped in image tags, which looks something like this

code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ks50Q6M.jpg[/img]

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

A warm toilet seat is nice, until you realise that the one you're sitting on is warm despite not being heated.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Another Δ-G fatality.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1291902230862454784?s=19

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

In my experience (backfed hot water through a faulty fixture) this will crack the porcelain eventually.

However, as a licensed steam engineer, I view the steam urinals as an expansion of job security and fully support it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

quote:

The fatal explosion occurred as the food processor was undergoing tests to assess its viability for manufacturing guacamole.

what kind of goddamn guac machine uses explosives?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

quote:

"Two hikers came out of nowhere."

Thanks to the hikers, one of whom happened to know an air evacuation crew and communicate their exact location, Friesen was assisted at the bottom of the waterfall and airlifted to a hospital.

talk about being lucky drat

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yours doesn't?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

What a crappy article. They don't even say if the test was successful or not.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

They may have been trying to modify a marg machine. The flywheels on some of those can be pretty nasty if you unbalance the shaft.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It was a "pressure vessel". I still don't know what the gently caress

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

When it comes to good guac it's not the heat of the spices but the briscance that adds flavor.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

When you think about it avocados seem very similar to nuclear bombs :thunk:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Holy guacamole what a pitiful way to die

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When I first read that headline I thought the article would be about a kitchen worker at a Mexican restaurant snapping and killing a former mayor :v:

Even influencers need to wear proper PPE
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qendeaT8tV1y8aven.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/u2p1Oj5.mp4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Jabor posted:

A warm toilet seat is nice, until you realise that the one you're sitting on is warm despite not being heated.
nothing wrong with that, a nice friend came through to check it out and warm it up for you

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

ekuNNN posted:

When I first read that headline I thought the article would be about a kitchen worker at a Mexican restaurant snapping and killing a former mayor :v:

Even influencers need to wear proper PPE
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qendeaT8tV1y8aven.mp4

Those are usually just steel pipes right? I guess it's on a chain so there's some give but that seems like it'd be a tough object to hit.
Plus those warn about the concrete height in the garage, she better get down into the cab quick since it seems like they're not stopping.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Deteriorata posted:

What a crappy article. They don't even say if the test was successful or not.

I feel that killing the operator would count as an automatic fail.

Obviously, I don't work in {insert industry name here}

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Moo the cow posted:

I feel that killing the operator would count as an automatic fail.

You are killing the self-euthanasiating machine industry! Why do you hate capitalism?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BMan posted:

It was a "pressure vessel". I still don't know what the gently caress
Apparently it's a method for increasing the shelf life of fruit by pasteurizating it using extremely high pressure.

https://www.thyssenkrupp-industrial-solutions.com/high-pressure-processing/en/applications/fruits.html

e: 6,000 bar is about 87,000 psi