Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

GolfHole posted:

CaillouEats

The restaurant where you go to flip out, throw tantrums and toss your food to the floor while the staff look at you, clueless as what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The restaurant where you go to flip out, throw tantrums and toss your food to the floor while the staff look at you, clueless as what to do.

this would probably do really well as a restaurant actually but the employee turnover would be horrendous

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Wow just wow, considering Caillou has both stage 4 cancer and terminal autism (this is canon) I can't believe you went there

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

caillou that poo poo gently caress is a goddamn little asshoel

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I hate to interrupt funny CartoonEATS jokes, but I want to make sure none of you miss this rare chance to see garfield IN PERSON! During a pandemic!!!

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1291498448546680833?s=20

REMEMBER THE 90S ???

Garfield is surprised and frightened to see us and starts waving his hands to ward us off. People? In GarfieldEATS!?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Nathan's inclination for performative displays of a very disjointed kind coupled with his total lack of business acumen makes it seem like the man's always secretly yearned to be a carnie, more specifically the one in the center of attention as he proudly strolls through the amusement park in his extravagant orange fursuit.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Nathan's inclination for performative displays of a very disjointed kind coupled with his total lack of business acumen makes it seem like the man's always secretly yearned to be a carnie, more specifically the one in the center of attention as he proudly strolls through the amusement park in his extravagant orange fursuit.
I did wonder if that was Nathen himself wearing the suit. And nothing else, of course.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Chewbecca posted:

I went to a gudetama restaurant, it seems only fair I'd go to a Garfield one too

That would almost be an idea, take the japanese style pop-up cafe concept where you take an IP, sell some overpriced novelty menu items that look good on instagram, and close up shop once interest dies down.
Or you could be like, Wimpy burger and forget about the reference to an ancient cartoon character and just focus on running a decent fast food business
Or you know *jazz hands* entergagement

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Garfield is surprised and frightened to see us and starts waving his hands to ward us off. People? In GarfieldEATS!?

He spends most of his days staring at that back wall, not bothering anyone. Leave the poor mascot alone, you weirdos eating at GarfieldEATS.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Chewbecca posted:

I went to a gudetama restaurant, it seems only fair I'd go to a Garfield one too
Oh gently caress so did I

Has Gudetama been Japanese Garfield this whole time.....

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Autechresaint posted:

Ctl+Alt+DelEats.

They'd be operating at a loss.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
They'd be operating out of the lovely part of town

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hold on, at least listen to the pitch! so it's a burger teppanyaki where the food is prepared in front of you like a show. and the chef? tim buckley

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Disco Pope posted:

They'd be operating at a loss.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Do! You! Want! to! Feel!
Uncomfortable???

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD9acanp-RD
https://www.instagram.com/p/CD9cw0gJVAA

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 18, 2020

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

My massive entergagement is difficult to conceal.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Half way through the first one I actually started liking it. I'm incredibly entergaged right now :gonk:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Do you think the Gar-Fone is a hotline direct to Jim Davis

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Besides everything else uncomfortable with the videos, I can't not notice how he consistently fails to lift his arms up enough unless they're over his head. Chest-height moves just get half assed

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

CathyFuckinDamnSureEATS

Cathy Acks

also

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
Have a genuine Garfutainment fever dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IirR9ggF490

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

What scares me is the vibes I get from watching that could also be what I they will when I finally get to go back to a Disney park one day; the last time was the year Pocahontas came out. I'll be 38 in November and haven't been able to go to any theme park since I was 12, always wanted to but could never afford it. When I finally do...will it feel like THAT?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I like how they didn't bother painting over the eyes with fluorescent paint on half the garf illustrations so he looks like he has "Creepypasta Eyes". you know what I mean

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I rode that piece of poo poo 3 years ago.
You had to wear 3D glasses that did nothing. There's so many parts where the scenes were just littered with the crappy 3D glasses that guests had thrown. The pepsi and friends product placement made me feel like I was being mocked. I felt pretty offended by it when I found out that the ride itself was over 100 years old and used to be a classic scary Old Mill dark ride.
90% of the effects and moving parts were not working that day. Apparently they almost never did. I think since this recording was probably from one of the last days of the themeing they actually did some maintenance for the first time in years and made everything work one last time. When I rode it, the door didn't open and close. Not only was the giant dog's moth not open and close, he wasn't even illuminated. The pizza box with the teeth was just closed so I completely didn't get the point of it. Other videos and comment make it sound like that was the default experience for the majority of the time.

The creepypasta eyes garfields were unsettling at least.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

czg posted:

Nice, but I wish there was an adult thrill ride based on Jon drinking dog cum. I'd ride that sucker all day long.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BigBadSteve posted:

Nice, but I wish there was an adult thrill ride based on Jon drinking dog cum. I'd ride that sucker all day long.

at the end of the ride a projected hologram of jon spits out a spray of viscous, pearly energy drink all over the passengers

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Pasketti posted:

I rode that piece of poo poo 3 years ago.
You had to wear 3D glasses that did nothing. There's so many parts where the scenes were just littered with the crappy 3D glasses that guests had thrown. The pepsi and friends product placement made me feel like I was being mocked. I felt pretty offended by it when I found out that the ride itself was over 100 years old and used to be a classic scary Old Mill dark ride.

Oh, it was terrible. The good news is they've just this year removed the Garfield theming and brought the ride back to more or less what it used to be which is great, because it's one of the last Old Mills remaining in the world.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

czg posted:

Is everything Garfield related extra super lame? I'm starting to think the orange cat has the touch of death.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

KillerJunglist posted:

Is everything Garfield related extra super lame? I'm starting to think the orange cat has the touch of death.

The '80s Garfield and Friends cartoon owned hard.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The '80s Garfield and Friends cartoon owned hard.

The old tv specials were pretty great too.

I guess when lorenzo music died, he took Garfield with him.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

KillerJunglist posted:

The old tv specials were pretty great too.

I guess when lorenzo music died, he took Garfield with him.

YOU try getting past Thoth without a few mummified catslaves backing you up

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Garfield is the funniest thing the original author can't tap into. that's why people who like it unironically are stupid they can't see the gold staring then in the face

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Agent Escalus posted:

What scares me is the vibes I get from watching that could also be what I they will when I finally get to go back to a Disney park one day; the last time was the year Pocahontas came out. I'll be 38 in November and haven't been able to go to any theme park since I was 12, always wanted to but could never afford it. When I finally do...will it feel like THAT?

No, it'll feel like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQHVTU2430

(Just wanted to emphasize what millions of times the budget can do.)

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

czg posted:

This is incredible. I can't believe they managed to cram a whole dark water ride under someone's basement, and then splattered the walls with dog semen! Very true to the source material.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

No, it'll feel like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQHVTU2430

(Just wanted to emphasize what millions of times the budget can do.)

I'd say this ride is a better example of what a pumped-up version of that Dark Garf ride could be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mG7tiv_Dto
(Those videos are super over exposed though, drat)

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress SNEEP posted:

(Those videos are super over exposed though, drat)

Yeah, he uses a super low-light camera, so dark rides look worse than they would in real life, but otherwise its hard to see everything.

edit: more accurate light levels, if anyone cares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofI36QOn9s8

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 19, 2020

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah, he uses a super low-light camera, so dark rides look worse than they would in real life, but otherwise its hard to see everything.

True, but it doesn't need to be that bright! There's not much lurking in the shadows on these rides, except all the structural steel and supports that are supposed to be hidden in the darkness. Other videos capture the lighting much better, which shows off a lot of the UV art on that ride, like the Garfield ride had.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

THAT'S what nathan needs! A garf ride!

I would love... LOVE to see what kind of a ride our li'l entrepreneur can come up with.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

KillerJunglist posted:

I would love... LOVE to see what kind of a ride our li'l entrepreneur can come up with.

If he wants to be true to the comics, you would move through a series of rooms. Every room is identical. Garfield is sleeping in the same spot in each one and nothing happens until the final room, which contains a lazy punchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

KillerJunglist posted:

The tone-setting narration voice over would be a whole lot of rambling and raving nonsense, speaking a lot but not actually saying much of anything, akin to GarfEATS food offerings of having very little nourishing substance. So, very "entergaging."