Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just need to find a Finn Balor for under $20 and I have all the WWEternia guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
I've recently started to collect some of the Power Rangers Lighting Collection and plan to keep some of the figures in the box. I'd like to slab them but I can't seem to find anyone that sells the Plexi/Acrylic containers for them. Any ideas?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

What dark ritual do I have to perform to make Hasbro release the classified series cobra troopers on pulse? Blood sacrifices are out, but my soul is on the table.

I wonder if they'll keep the regular troopers for Target but have Vipers or Crimson Guard for everybody.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I finally found a Skeletor at my Walmart today, but there were no other MOTU figures yet. I also picked up a Masters of the WWE Universe The New Day figure. It was just too ridiculous to pass up.

I have to say I love how these feel in hand. They move around well and feel solid. I think I'm just used to adult action figures that can be more fragile and stiff.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 7, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh New Day being the face change guy is clever.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Oh New Day being the face change guy is clever.

I'm going to call him Big-E-Faces.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm going to call him Big-E-Faces.

Well done.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if they'll keep the regular troopers for Target but have Vipers or Crimson Guard for everybody.

I hope they release an army builder. Just gimme something in cheapo packaging at a slightly reduced cost goddammit.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I finally found a Skeletor at my Walmart today, but there were no other MOTU figures yet. I also picked up a Masters of the WWE Universe The New Day figure. It was just too ridiculous to pass up.

Jealous, that New Day MOTU was one of the only ones I'm interested in. Man-e-Faces was one of my favorite characters as a kid and The New Day are rad.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I mostly collect Transformers, both Hasbro and 3rd Party. My other big love is Lego, which is getting to be an expensive hobby, even more so than Transformers.

I’ll also grab random figures from all sorts of lines. A couple of Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Legends (I’m partial to the MCU ones), the new Plasma Series Ghostbusters, some Doctor Who ones, and I’ve got the makings of a Miles Morales Spider-Verse collection on preorder. Both the Mafex and Hot Toys due over the next 18 months.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

I just got my set of wave 1 Super 7 TMNT ultimates, and I am seriously impressed. I have only opened Splinter and Baxter so far and they are fantastic updates of the toys I had as a kid. Baxter is huge! I'm glad they included both a cloth and rubber tunic for Splinter, I prefer the rubber; it has more of that toy feeling and the cloth feels out of place.

Having gotten these I am now solidly on the gently caress NECA team, so I will be selling the neca turtles I have. Nice thing about these Super7 ones is I can actually buy them.

I got my GITD Baxter this week and yeah, he's super impressive. So much so that unless I find the Neca version in the wild, I'll probably opt for the Super 7 Metalhead.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I collect a lot of random stuff, it depends what catches my eye to be honest. I like ML symbiotes (really looking forward to the new Toxin coming out), I collect for certain characters (She-Hulk, Black Cat, Red Sonja). I've been getting a lot of the Mattel Jurassic World stuff because they've been totally knocking it out of the park, it's like the old 90s JP stuff but a million times better. 9-year-old me would have killed for this stuff. My only gripe is that the line needs more humans and vehicles for the dinos to eat and wreck.

I buy a lot of NECA Predators, but I don't do duplicates of characters - everyone I've got is "unique". I also collect a bunch of transformers.

I'm not really a completionist on anything I collect except for the characters I mentioned.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The main line I collect is Black Series, but I don’t buy every figure and lately I’ve been buying specifically with dioramas in mind. Like I bought the Snowspeeder, so I also grabbed two Hoth rebels and the Snowspeeder Luke to go with it and I printed a couple boxes and crates and stuck it all on a piece of textured white acrylic. It looks good, but I get bored with dios after a few months so I’m already thinking of what to do next.

I’ve also got all the main line Kenner Star Wars figures from ‘77-‘83 (including some I bought from this thread) with all their accessories and a handful of the relatively rarer POTF line, plus a few creatures. I need to revise my display for them though, it was ad hoc at the time and I have the printer now to make something better.

Aside from that I mostly just collect MCU MLs and whatever else catches my eye. I have a few of the Star Wars Figuarts but that’s a slippery slope I’m not prepared to fall down just yet. I’ve got Figmas and Mafexes of Indiana Jones, Bruce Lee, Lupin the 3rd, and Bowman’s 2001: A Space Odyssey suit but only Bowman is out on display right now. I had intended to collect those excellent BTAS figures but I only managed to grab Bullock, Grey Ghost, and Gordon before the line got scarce.

I was trying hard to limit my plasma series collection to just Egon, but now I’ve got Winston and Venkman on the way. :cripes: Can’t find Ray in stock anywhere, weirdly enough.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know if the Mafex Hush Batman cool, or if the Mafex Hush Batman's CAPE is cool.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Haven't posted my latest gets here:

After an eternity locked in a PO Box at the other side of the border, I finally got them in my hands and I think they were worth the wait. Thanos articulation is a little bit more limited than I expected, but it's still pretty good. Love the looks of the suit and masked heads on Cap Marvel, and she comes with a ton of cool accesories. Unmasked head looks a lot better on hand than in pics, but the actual expression on her face is too neutral for my taste, so I'll probably get some custom head later on.

Lencho fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 7, 2020

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't know if the Mafex Hush Batman cool, or if the Mafex Hush Batman's CAPE is cool.

Yes.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Both!

It's probably the nicest figure I own. I stop short of giving it a 10/10 because the Mafex wrist and neck pegs terrify me to swap, it's a little fiddly to pose the torso, and his left ankle is looser than I would like...also, I prefer the black/gray to the blue/gray. But otherwise, an extraordinary figure top to bottom.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hope you're getting the black and grey, then!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Hope you're getting the black and grey, then!

Yup.

I'll finally have a use for the Bruce Wayne head at that point. Display Black-Bats with the regular mask, and Blue-Bats with the Wayne head.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Mythic Legions She-Ra and Hordak homage figures for Power Con are going up tomorrow at 2pm EST and again Sunday at 2pm EST.

quote:

In honor of our favorite He-Man & She-Ra based convention of all time, we're going to go ahead and put these two figures up for sale on StoreHorsemen.com next weekend, and their sales will be spread out over both days of what would have been the two days of the Power-Con convention.

The first sale will begin at 2:00pm EST on Saturday, August 8th and will end when the allotment for Saturday is sold out. The second sale will begin at 2:00pm EST on Sunday, August 9th and will end when the allotment for Sunday is sold out. These figures are in stock and will begin shipping soon after the sale, but please allow extra time for shipping to occur due to the restrictions forced upon us by the global pandemic.

Dorina Onoris and Lord Dragull will be in very limited supply and will only be available for sale as a pair (not separately). Only one purchase of the set per customer per day will be allowed. Please be aware that if a second order is placed by the same customer on the same day, all of that customers orders for that day may be cancelled without notice. Everyone - whether you were able to get a set on Saturday or not, will be able to get back into the sale to try your hand at getting one on Sunday, just like is always done at Power-Con.

Some of you may already know that these two figures are included in the upcoming Mythic Legions: All-Stars 3 wave, and if you pre-ordered that wave, you are guaranteed to receive these figures when that wave is officially released. If you choose to try your luck at getting them months before the pre-ordered wave is officially released by ordering them through the Store Horsemen Power-Con debut sale, please be aware in advance that this will most definitely be a hard fought battle and the cost of getting these two figures early will be slightly higher than the normal cost of a standard Mythic Legions figure. Each pair will cost $80.00, plus shipping & handling charges.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

Yup.

I'll finally have a use for the Bruce Wayne head at that point. Display Black-Bats with the regular mask, and Blue-Bats with the Wayne head.

I put the Wayne head on one of my John Wicks, so I have BUSINESS TIME Bruce.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

I put the Wayne head on one of my John Wicks, so I have BUSINESS TIME Bruce.

I saw another reviewer do that, but the head looked off. Too big? Maybe the neck was too long. How do you like it?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Grant DaNasty posted:

The Mythic Legions She-Ra and Hordak homage figures for Power Con are going up tomorrow at 2pm EST and again Sunday at 2pm EST.

That bat head is awesome

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

I saw another reviewer do that, but the head looked off. Too big? Maybe the neck was too long. How do you like it?

I used the Wick neck. Head is a little big but not bad. Main issue is that Wick is pretty slim, so he looks like a scrawny Bruce. Honestly would work better for a Dick Grayson body.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MOTU Origins Panthor revealed, so that's cool. Nine new toys to be revealed Sunday. I'm hype, hoping for Castle Greyskull!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So what would be the best way to get the MAFEX Hush Batman now? HLJ?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

So what would be the best way to get the MAFEX Hush Batman now? HLJ?

That, or Amazon Japan. It’s where I got mine. That DHL shipping is awesome.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

MOTU Origins figures are up again for presale right now on Walmart.com:

Beast Man: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-...splay/837854580

Man at Arms: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-of-the-Universe-Origins-Man-at-arms-Action-Figure/187651633

Man E Faces: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-...splay/111638551

Scare Glow: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-...splay/228609285

Orko: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-...splay/110220109

Trap Jaw: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-...splay/889472276

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Scareglow is gone, of course. That drat thing will be selling for $100+ when they start hitting ebay. I goddamn hate toy collecting sometimes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone posted that he ordered 100 of them. Hopefully Amazon gets this wave as well.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah hopefully. Are all of the figures, cats, vehicles getting a wider release as far as we know?

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Quote is not edit. Bleh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The chatter is that Target, Amazon and online retailers all get access as of January but nobody knows if the first two waves will be rereleased.

Edit: I had a confirmed order for Man-E-Faces, Orko and Trap Jaw and just now randomly checked Scare Glow and he was available! So I got an order in and confirmed and when I clicked back to copy the link for this post it was already gone again.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 8, 2020

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Got one in for Trap-Jaw and Orko. Hope they do 2 of my childhood favs, Roboto and Snout Spout.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I got a Sky Sled.

My Walmart is slowly putting out new stock for their toy department reset. I'm going to have to return tomorrow morning. I just need a He-Man and a Battle Cat, and I'll be happy.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Basically the only thing holding me back from buying all the new MOTU figures is that I feel like it's a big step down from the 200x line, which is my favorite toy line ever, and I'm still bitter about how they mismanaged it and we never got half the characters we should have...

I love MOTU just in general though, and sorting through my old 80s figures got me really nostalgic for those chunky old figures, and I'm really happy to see another He-Man line meant for actual store shelves and not just "collectors." I have some optimism that they've learned a few lessons since 2002 and might actually see all the good characters through to release. I wish they had put a little more detail into the sculpts though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just left Kokomo Toys and seeing how expensive vintage MOTU is making me suicidal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Not sure if any of you are Gears of War fans, but Gamestop has the Storm Collectables Fenix and Cole figures marked down to $20 bucks. I picked up one of each for customs.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
No joke. Prices have roughly quadrupled in the past few years.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Morose posted:

No joke. Prices have roughly quadrupled in the past few years.

I wonder if that How They Were Made Netflix series had something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Maybe I should just sell my 80s figures to finance the new series...