Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm so loving glad I quit drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

is pepsi ok posted:

Can I ask why you quit? I bounce between the two worlds. I’ll stay sober for months and then drink 2-3 days a week for months. It does make me fat, though.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
being fat rules

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i bet its just palm wine

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Can I ask why you quit? I bounce between the two worlds. I’ll stay sober for months and then drink 2-3 days a week for months. It does make me fat, though.

Personally I turned 26 and over night was unable to get drunk without being hungover for 3 days and just literally wanting to die. So gently caress it, if I wanna get hosed up I do drugs, which don't leave me feeling like whole rear end for several days after.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Young person wants to do drugs and invents some reason he can't drink beer like a normal person? What a surprise!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Getting fat was a big part of the motivation to quit. Basically I finally admitted to myself that I looked and felt like poo poo all the time. I was drinking daily then and most days I'd start in the early afternoon and go until I passed out at night.

The big things that helped with staying sober was getting away from my drinking buddies (this loving sucked and I still haven't spoken to any of them 10+ years later) and switching to weed.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

Young person wants to do drugs and invents some reason he can't drink beer like a normal person? What a surprise!

I used to do drugs back when I was drinking too, friend. Of the two, alcohol has definitely treated me worse.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

hmmm. I kinda need to quit drinking. maybe i should get into drugs...

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Biplane posted:

I used to do drugs back when I was drinking too, friend. Of the two, alcohol has definitely treated me worse.

I used to do drugs. I still do drugs, but I used to, too.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

AvesPKS posted:

I used to do drugs. I still do drugs, but I used to, too.

Lol drat. Accidentally almost made a famous joke. I'll most likely never almost make a funnier post.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I used to be addicted to stimulant drugs but they ruined my life so I stopped. Then I got addicted later to opiate drugs and they didn't really ruin my life but they were expensive and my therapist mentioned they were prolly messing with my head in bad ways that would make it hard for me to deal with my poo poo, so I made the effort to quit with the expectation that my life would get better and I'd generally have more energy and feel less lovely. Boy was my face red when literally nothing changed!!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

adoration for none posted:

How come corporations are people, but owned by other people? Didn't the 13th ban that already?

take it to the supreme court, somehow ends up with legal slavery instead of making corps not people

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

A Russian troll farm posted:

hmmm. I kinda need to quit drinking. maybe i should get into drugs...

Alcohol is a drug, though...? :thunk:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Horseshoe theory posted:

Alcohol is a drug, though...? :thunk:

Uh no, alcohol, smoking and weed are all Not Drugs, only things that come in pills are drugs, duh.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Alcohol is a Bad Drug.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

Uh no, alcohol, smoking and weed are all Not Drugs, only things that come in pills are drugs, duh.

only when you get them on the street, otherwise those are medicine

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Biplane posted:

Alcohol is a Bad Drug.

not great, not terrible.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Expensive wine seems dumb to me but whatever. The thing I really roll my eyes at is oxygen bars...wtf is this poo poo?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

Expensive wine seems dumb to me but whatever. The thing I really roll my eyes at is oxygen bars...wtf is this poo poo?

Late stage capitalism

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

If it comes from the earth, man, it aint a drug

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sex Hobbit posted:

We had someone die on the highway here a couple years back; it was at like 25mph but the unseatbelted driver was thrown through the windshield and crushed between the car and the barrier. The passenger was wearing a seatbelt and walked away.

Someone was speeding like crazy on interstate 5 here in L.A and he crashed, got thrown from his car, and ended up sticking out halfway out of the sign, like in a cartoon. It was gory as you can imagine.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

An old 80's training video in which managing a McDonalds is compared to the space program and Apollo 13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLm36MpPSeM

"Thank goodness for the lunar module, huh. One time I noticed that food waste was higher during certain times than it should have been!"

Later Gemini 7 is compared to confronting your employee for CRIMINALLY STEALING FOOD by giving her friend some free fries.

Also get a load of this dude in the comments:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the ham sandwich race is slave to the al-gul and mac huge

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

and we've been telling people all this time that there isn't ethical consumption under capitalism, smdh

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

is pepsi ok posted:

i'm not.

Kitfox88 posted:

the *ham sandwich race* is slave to the al-gul and mac huge

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Biplane posted:

Personally I turned 26 and over night was unable to get drunk without being hungover for 3 days and just literally wanting to die. So gently caress it, if I wanna get hosed up I do drugs, which don't leave me feeling like whole rear end for several days after.

is pepsi ok posted:

Getting fat was a big part of the motivation to quit. Basically I finally admitted to myself that I looked and felt like poo poo all the time. I was drinking daily then and most days I'd start in the early afternoon and go until I passed out at night.

The big things that helped with staying sober was getting away from my drinking buddies (this loving sucked and I still haven't spoken to any of them 10+ years later) and switching to weed.

Thanks for sharing. That is helpful to know not alone. I’m in my mid-thirties and I’m starting to think it’s not worth the money, energy, or calories any longer.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

let people drink if they want, let people smoke if they want, let people do any drugs they drat well want. Weed for instance should be free, shared, and coming in everything from basically hemp to flowers the size of basketballs.* Being straightedge or a TCC superstar wannabe is bougie poo poo imo.

* in full communism where basic needs and addiction support are freely available to all

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
For sure. To each their own

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if your first impulse by april wasn't to thaw the entire batch of lsd-infused sugar cubes and jam em all in your face in an attempt to bargain with god about the fate of man

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

T-man posted:

let people drink if they want, let people smoke if they want, let people do any drugs they drat well want. Weed for instance should be free, shared, and coming in everything from basically hemp to flowers the size of basketballs.* Being straightedge or a TCC superstar wannabe is bougie poo poo imo.

* in full communism where basic needs and addiction support are freely available to all

:hmmyes:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Thanks for sharing. That is helpful to know not alone. I’m in my mid-thirties and I’m starting to think it’s not worth the money, energy, or calories any longer.

I'm in my mid-thirties and pretty sick of the 2-3 day hangovers. I end up just lying in bed all day doing nothing. I still drink, just not excessively.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I only drink a few times a week, and when I do I chug water until im pissing once every half hour which counters the dehydration. Between that and probably lucky genetics, I havent had a hangover in years. If I had regular hangovers I'd ditch drinking too, no way in hell is that worth it

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Saw this in the corner of a newspaper used in the latest Defunctland:

I mean, they're not wrong.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, we all know the purest of alcoholics drink only the cheapest, dirtiest vodka

OK? But the point is they don't criticize other drunks' cheap dirty vodka.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

tbf this is a pretty common thing that happens to a lot of people

There's a good reason that the stereotypical portrayal of an alcoholic in their 20s is a binge drinking frat idiot and the stereotypical portrayal of an alcoholic in their 40s is a fat balding dude sitting alone. Lots of people get to a point where the physical cost of being drunk a lot is super high. Don't feel bad if it doesn't make you feel good anymore. poo poo sucks, but oh well.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Shame Boy posted:

A teacher I knew had a story about not wearing her seatbelt and getting thrown through the windshield in a like 10mph crash that I like to tell people, cuz a lot of people don't realize that even otherwise inconsequential crashes at very low speeds involve a lot of goddamn inertia that can seriously gently caress you up. Plus you're now no longer anywhere near able to control the car, where if you were wearing a seatbelt you very well might still be able to at least do something, so your car could keep going onto the sidewalk or into oncoming traffic and kill other people too :thumbsup:

If you're going fast enough when being ejected you have now yourself turned into a lethal projectile :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Orange Devil posted:

turned into a lethal projectile :thumbsup:

the american dream