Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

best bale posted:

I need the rest of this video more than I’ve ever needed anything

they made it home, and the fridge is currently running fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Ig10uxI.gifv

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Good to see Fred Dibnah Jr. keeping busy

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.
It's a job requirement in his field.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

if ever you feel bad for not doing enough with your life just google "freeclimbing death" and then feel better about staying inside

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I enjoy rock climbing and this made my palms sweat.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

they made it home, and the fridge is currently running fine.

:tipshat:

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Alan Smithee posted:

if ever you feel bad for not doing enough with your life just google "freeclimbing death" and then feel better about staying inside

It's always been a bugbear of mine that videos promoting this can be freely shared on youtube, facebook, instagram, etc, but the ones showing the consequences are usually banned by those platforms.

The rules should be that for every 25 videos showing a successful climb, there should be one where you see them fall and explode like a sack of jam and someone having to clean them up with a shovel.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CleverHans posted:

I enjoy rock climbing and this made my palms sweat.

Listen, bud - he's got radioactive blood.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Always wear your helmet

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Always wear your helmet

I bet they are a quadriplegic vegetable and would have been better dead without a helmet. :rolleyes:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Today in upcoming stories of OSHA: Haunted Houses are obviously in a huge amount of trouble this Halloween season. In most cases, these are companies that basically survive the year on 2 months of business. So they're figuring out alternate ways to do their thing including...drive through haunts.

https://twitter.com/hauntscene/status/1292150645764558848

What could possibly go wrong giving people tons of metal where the slightest twitch of the foot could kill people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ethAaI6isY&t=36s

I'm sure these people would have no problem maintaining control of their vehicle.

They've said outright there won't be startle scares, haha

Boxman fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 8, 2020

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If there are enough drive through haunted houses, I guarantee someone will get run over.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

If there are enough drive through haunted houses, I guarantee someone will get run over.

If someone scratches my car with a chainsaw, heads will roll.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

If someone scratches my car with a chainsaw, heads will roll.

Given your apparent proximity to a poorly wielded chainsaw, how do you ensure it's not yours?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NTvphXT.gifv

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

By popular demand posted:

gently caress that guy, if you call yourself Ninja you drat well need some actual knife skills.

Or a face full of clown paint

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Just a normal day on his commute.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is it just me or does it look like some prep work has been done to that wall - he appears to take some handholds deeper than you'd expect from an intact brick wall when he gets higher up.

Also, I just pull avocado pits out with my fingertips. It's not like they are cling peaches or something.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is it just me or does it look like some prep work has been done to that wall - he appears to take some handholds deeper than you'd expect from an intact brick wall when he gets higher up.

Also, I just pull avocado pits out with my fingertips. It's not like they are cling peaches or something.

There's a diagonal feature in the brickwork midway up that is hard to see the top of, looks like he's gripping the bottom edge of that feature then get his left hand on the top edge.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/rzsIqPt.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CHINTUUUUUU! :mad:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Platystemon posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

he was already being paid millions of dollars to play video games on one platform, and then another platform paid him a hundred million dollars to play video games on their platfor

there's no world in which someone to whom those words apply isn't just the biggest gigantic gaping rear end in a top hat

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Whenever I see a video of something crazy dangerous going on on a worksite I check for the sandals. The guy with the sandals always ends up fine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/s5lOKwn.gifv

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That'll buff out.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

smug rear end lorry drivers finally get whats coming.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/RJU6XtR.gifv

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Someone do the needful...

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4SsaOJlAc

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Zero One posted:

Someone do the needful...

https://i.imgur.com/v41HtV9.mp4

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

thank you, that's what I was expecting when I first saw it

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i didn't notice the camera guy on the side the first couple watches. gotta be cool to tell people you do kayak stunts

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Is this the thread for PPE questions? I got a 3M half-mask respirator, but I’m loving up the fit somehow because the damage it’s doing to the bridge of my nose is gruesome. Are the top straps supposed to be super-tight to support the weight or something?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I've seen recent pictures of nurses/medical staff with tape over their nose, so maybe try that?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lazyhound posted:

Is this the thread for PPE questions? I got a 3M half-mask respirator, but I’m loving up the fit somehow because the damage it’s doing to the bridge of my nose is gruesome. Are the top straps supposed to be super-tight to support the weight or something?

It sounds like it may be too small/riding too low on your nose. Any chance you can try next size up?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

smug rear end lorry drivers finally get whats coming.
That lorry driver had no way of seeing the car.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

best bale posted:

It sounds like it may be too small

Huh, it might well be this. 3M weirdly doesn’t seem to have a sizing guide on their site, but according to the vendor’s generic chart I’ve got a real big face. I’ll try ordering a large and see what happens.

It also doesn’t help that I could only find the stonkin’ huge and heavy cartridge filters in stock anywhere, it’s like a dumbbell bungee-corded to my head.

e: oh I just went to clean and dress the wound and my whole nose is swollen beyond recognition lol :waycool:

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 9, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lazyhound posted:

Huh, it might well be this. 3M weirdly doesn’t seem to have a sizing guide on their site, but according to the vendor’s generic chart I’ve got a real big face. I’ll try ordering a large and see what happens.

It also doesn’t help that I could only find the stonkin’ huge and heavy cartridge filters in stock anywhere, it’s like a dumbbell bungee-corded to my head.

e: oh I just went to clean and dress the wound and my whole nose is swollen beyond recognition lol :waycool:

how long are you wearing it? I have one but it's not for an 8+ hour job. My head is kinda big so make sure it's not a size small (they absolutely come in S, M, L)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
[quote="Lazyhound" post="507136742"]

e: oh I just went to clean and dress the wound and my whole nose is swollen beyond recognition lol

Yep, that definitely sounds too small. I used to wear half-masks plus organic filters with clip on dust pads for 10+ hrs and the worst that would happen is a few pimples.

Do you have a shop nearby to do a fitting? A lot of places here will do a fit check if you're buying through them.