Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Brown Moses posted:

We'll hopefully be publishing this week with various international partners, and also doing something else in response to the fake direct messages, so it should be interesting to see how they respond to that.

Keep fighting against Russia. Never stop embarrassing state saecurity apparatus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Paladinus posted:

The patch is apparently super popular in Russia, and you can buy it basically in any tacticool equipment shop. It's weird as hell that actual mercenaries wear it. Feels like something teenagers would wear to look cool. Or adult Megadeth fans, I suppose.

Most of the mercenaries/Soldiers I know are teenagers (or very close).

Are there any older Eastern European comedy TV shows about WWII? I know it's a crazy question, but my wife is really into Hogan's Hero's, and Dad's Army. For some reason, silly military comedies are right up her alley and It'd be cool if there was one from her region's perspective.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Tank-Men_and_a_Dog

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Unleashed_World_War_II

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Paladinus posted:

The patch is apparently super popular in Russia, and you can buy it basically in any tacticool equipment shop. It's weird as hell that actual mercenaries wear it. Feels like something teenagers would wear to look cool. Or adult Megadeth fans, I suppose.

I dont know if you are still in Belarus or left, but anyone with that patch who doesnt have solid killer credentials will be laughed out of the room. I literally never seen this patch on anyone ever.

Also, Paladinus might be serving his 15 days in prison for protesting

Also, Ive seen euronews little input of the situation, what a piece of poo poo footage. There was 60 000 people at the rally and they show 10 dudes in masks clapping in absolutely different area of the city

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Euronews has been poo poo for years.

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
I’ve been stuck in Belarus for months because of COVID situation. Gonna join the protest tomorrow. I figure the worst thing that could happen is i'll be arrested and deported back to Russia. And that would be fine as I miss Moscow :ussr:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Necronormiecon posted:

And that would be fine as I miss Moscow :ussr:
Been reading 'New Oligarchs: Wealth and Power in the New Russia' lately.

Your thoughts on Yury Luzhkov?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Youtube, twitter, and some other social media and news websites are very slow in Belarus right now. There are rumours of complete blackout later today and next week to prevent protesters from organising. Some companies, especially in IT, take those rumours seriously and urge workers to plan their activities accordingly.

E: VPNs are also partially down.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 9, 2020

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Situation is utterly odd. My theory is that everything depends on who is in charge of every polling station. My station was chill, light jazz playing, nobody interfered with my right to take the photo of the bulletin. Yet in our telegram chat people report that the next station over the comission is vicious, they give people with white bracelet (symbol of protest) the bulletin marked with blue dot, so its easy to identify what goes into garbage, yell et you and call the cops when you try to photograph.

E: yeah, messengers barely work or don;t work at all
E2: I've seen army the in the city, on hummers aren't we sanctioned?

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 9, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://twitter.com/AlexKokcharov/status/1292371351240617989

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sekenr posted:

I thought they’re hummers, but they’re actually a Chinese knock-off equipped by a special forces unit.

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
At the moment, Reddit is the only social media platform that works w/o resorting to VPN/proxy fuckery

E: Steam messenger also works. Gamers will be the revolutionary vanguard‼️

Necronormiecon fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 9, 2020

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Den_2042/status/1292423484451282944

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What's the source of that exactly? I keep seeing it on twitter.

e: that snowplough truck sure looks like something.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 9, 2020

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Sekenr posted:

Are you sure they're not Russian GAZ Tigrs or Chinese vehicles called DongFeng Mengshi (in Belarus they call them Bogatyr)? There's also Dajiang CS/VN3 Drakon and other similar looking utility vehicles. Probably not Humvees though.

e: ah, this was already answered!!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Paladinus posted:

What's the source of that exactly? I keep seeing it on twitter.

e: that snowplough truck sure looks like something.

I found it last night on twitter.

https://twitter.com/iSANS_Belarus/status/1292375393530503168

https://twitter.com/reform_by/status/1292446798254968832

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Uhm, who's hosed around with my post, lmao?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I found it last night on twitter.

Yeah, I tried to ask around, but nobody seems to know the source. With all independent political polls banned by Lukashenko, people seem to just post whatever gives them hope. I definitely wouldn't trust it more than the 73% Lukashenko's official poll promises him. It's clear that Lukashenko's lost a lot of support, but wishful thinking like that can be outright harmful. Various telegram channels yesterday were spreading rumours that Lukashenko's ex-prime minister was ready to join the protests and later take part in the new government along with a bunch of generals, and none of it seems to be based on anything either.

E: managed to track down a possible source. It was previously reported on telegram (of course) that Gallup conducted a phone poll in Belarus that gave Tikhanovskaya 65%, but Gallup denied they were doing anything in Belarus and calls allegedly came from Russian numbers. There is a possibility Gallup unknowingly conducted polling illegally using some Russian call centre, and now understandably don't want any problems, but it's still pretty dubious, and it's equally possible it's just random numbers to bolster more support for upcoming protests.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 9, 2020

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Uhm, who's hosed around with post, lmao?

Yeah, I tried to ask around, but nobody seems to know the source. With all independent political polls banned by Lukashenko, people seem to just post whatever gives them hope. I definitely wouldn't trust it more than the 73% Lukashenko's official poll promises him. It's clear that Lukashenko's lost a lot of support, but wishful thinking like that can be outright harmful. Various telegram channels yesterday were spreading rumours that Lukashenko's ex-prime minister was ready to join the protests and later take part in the new government along with a bunch of generals, and none of it seems to be based on anything either.

Obviously yeah, but there is another side to this. I do not know a single person who voted Lukashenko and my uber driver said the same thing without any prompting from me. That wa s moment of puzzlement. He, bing a taxi driver gets to meet much more people than me, and they expressed all sorts of displeasure with the tyrant, he was honestly confused how is it possible to win if every single person he met hates him. So in a situation where scientific approach is forbidden (and probably because results are not pretty) than all we got is word of mouth and mine is - nobody likes him.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 9, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sekenr posted:

Obviously yeah, but there is another side to this. I do not know a single person who voted Lukashenko and my uber driver said the same thing without any prompting from me. So in a situation where scientific approach is forbidden (and probably because results are not pretty) than all we got is word of mouth and mine is - nobody likes him.

If you're in Minsk, even official results of 2015 elections give Lukashenko only 65% there. I would expect it to be close to 30% in real life this year, but I have literally no way to confirm it other than saying, well, none of my friends vote for him, and that's a really bad way to go about it. On my latest visit to Gomel I've definitely overheard people in the street talking about evil opposition leaders who just want to sell all state-owned factories to oligarchs and foreign investors, and I bet some of them literally don't know anyone who votes against Lukashenko. It drives me mad that even the most trivial thing like gauging president's popularity is absolutely impossible, and in itself it's a pretty good indication of deep issues that are endemic to the system built by Lukashenko.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/tvrain/status/1292451279348871171

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Paladinus posted:

If you're in Minsk, even official results of 2015 elections give Lukashenko only 65% there. I would expect it to be close to 30% in real life this year, but I have literally no way to confirm it other than saying, well, none of my friends vote for him, and that's a really bad way to go about it. On my latest visit to Gomel I've definitely overheard people in the street talking about evil opposition leaders who just want to sell all state-owned factories to oligarchs and foreign investors, and I bet some of them literally don't know anyone who votes against Lukashenko. It drives me mad that even the most trivial thing like gauging president's popularity is absolutely impossible, and in itself it's a pretty good indication of deep issues that are endemic to the system built by Lukashenko.

Has there ever been a runoff election in Belarus?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Has there ever been a runoff election in Belarus?

Yes, in 1994. Lukashenko's won then with 80% in the second round.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I think internet starting to get cut off, mobile is down, beltelekom works

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I am trying to post a hilarious video of stupid as gently caress a situation when a chairwoman of a voting comission is climbing out of a window on a ladder with a bag of votes. To avoid independant observers who are waiting in the hallway, simply not ready for such adventerous spirit from the comission. and a cop is holding down that ladder. this is literally belarus.txt, everyone is so calm and quiet nothing out of the ordinary, just a bit of embarrasment

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BelarusinFocus/status/1292467386013102086

Sekenr posted:

I am trying to post a hilarious video of stupid as gently caress a situation when a chairwoman of a voting comission is climbing out of a window on a ladder with a bag of votes. To avoid independant observers who are waiting in the hallway, simply not ready for such adventerous spirit from the comission. and a cop is holding down that ladder. this is literally belarus.txt, everyone is so calm and quiet nothing out of the ordinary, just a bit of embarrasment

https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/status/1292395572595392517

Ooops we have too many ballots

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Thanks. Doesn't open for me because we can't be trusted with internet

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

If it ever got brought up, I ac already tell you the resposne:
Ermoshina: Yes, so she exited her post through the window? Is it not her right as a citizen of the Republic which I sworn to protect?
Us: what did she steal in that bag
Ermoshina: We checked the bag and there was nothing illegal in there, in fact the bag was full of babies she was saving from brutal killers, the "independant" observers, russo-pilish-ukranian terrorists

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I’d love to see this video played in reverse on state tv to show that interest in elections was so high that additional ballots had to be delivered to polling places, through windows for inexplicable reasons

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

this is so disgusting, I'd rather delete

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 9, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Anne Frank Funk posted:

I’d love to see this video played in reverse on state tv to show that interest in elections was so high that additional ballots had to be delivered to polling places, through windows for inexplicable reasons

I mean, it's literally happening. Yermoshina just announced that there were shortages at some polling stations.

And absolutely not related to that, some independent observers reported that there are polling stations with turnout over 100%.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Paladinus posted:

And absolutely not related to that, some independent observers reported that there are polling stations with turnout over 100%.

So beloved was Lukashenko by his nation that even people who didn't exist wanted to vote for him

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Over 100% turnouts happened in Poland too, though attributed to mass voting by people temporarily registered to vote outside of their usual polling places due to being on vacation.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

If I was opposition headquarters, Id declare that we mmet at this quare than, not show up there. Than in the opposite side of the city, than again so they would reposition all night. This is what we pay them for

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The expected news from Belarus

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1292509861863993348

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/vasilkov/status/1292518591154270209

https://twitter.com/bad_immigrant/status/1292517328152928256

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 9, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Watch Putin 'declare' to protect the rights of Belarus citizens by invading the next day.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grouchio posted:

Watch Putin 'declare' to protect the rights of Belarus citizens by invading the next day.

Nah, Russian observers have already stated that elections were completely above board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Grouchio posted:

i think Kokcharov's point here is valid:

https://twitter.com/AlexKokcharov/status/1292417821310242816

the most likely outcome at this point is that there will be protests, and Lukashenko will do everything in his power to put them down, quickly.

while he can probably do so successfully, it's going to be quite hard for him to continue trying to make friends with the west, and there's really only the one other option for a neighboring ally, and he loses his bargaining chit there. trying to repeat 2014 in Ukraine is risky, and i don't feel Putin can count on a domestic swell of крымнаш support as reliably here. Russia's best option is to sit and wait for now, and to hope Lukashenko clears up Belarusian domestic issues quickly.

another Maidan-esque scenario is kind of a wildcard, and even then it's hard to say if Russia would repeat the same playbook again--a lot of poo poo has changed since 2014.