Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

*bins it Turn 1*

It's true, it's Ferraris fault for extending Sebs contract for this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Lmao Max talking to Lewis about tires

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol that tire

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why is David Croft allowed on television?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

how the gently caress

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
that tyre has the grand canyon carved into it.

Diet Crack posted:

how the gently caress

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

oliwan posted:

He refuses to kneel in support of BLM and did a literal "I'm not racist, but' tweet at the beginning of the season.

To be fair I wouldn't kneel anyway. Only because I'm a pessimist and no lives matter. Everyone is equally worthless.

And then there's Seb Vettel

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Definitely unexpected to have the same thing as last week happen on the same track”

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Last week was fronts though. I wonder if they went too far the other way with setup to protect it

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So why'd they pit hulk that late? Didn't seem to actually help at all

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Because the Strolls are massive babies

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It helped Lance Stroll get another position.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Hamilton: I came in 2nd...Max must have cheated.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I hope Hulk calls out the daddy pit stop it's so transparent and he's got nothing to lose

So, this is my first time watching an F1 race (I am here because Youtube started recommending me Chain Bear videos, and I figured it'd be kind of a waste to learn that loving much about F1 and never watch it), is Hulk meant to be the 2nd driver, except he's actually better than Stroll?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Lord of Hats posted:

So, this is my first time watching an F1 race (I am here because Youtube started recommending me Chain Bear videos, and I figured it'd be kind of a waste to learn that loving much about F1 and never watch it), is Hulk meant to be the 2nd driver, except he's actually better than Stroll?

He's the standin for Perez who is currently dying from Corona or something. And yes, he is better than Stroll.

e: he somehow though can't get a podium, even if all of F1 tries to give him one, so there's that. Stroll at least managed to get a podium.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

This is good

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Carrier posted:

all f1 drivers are massive babies

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hulk is a replacement driver. The driver who normally drives that car caught covid and had to sit out

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Disrespectful of toto to be talking during the anthems smh

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hulk had vibrations according to otmar and given what happened to everyone with the same problem last week I get it but I forgot how old his tires were to see if they were actually in the danger zone or not. Like I get the papa stroll jokes but I'm waiting to see if any actual stink gets brought up about it

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Alright time to go back to bed.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hulk had vibrations according to otmar and given what happened to everyone with the same problem last week I get it but I forgot how old his tires were to see if they were actually in the danger zone or not. Like I get the papa stroll jokes but I'm waiting to see if any actual stink gets brought up about it

its nepotism

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
So I started watching F1 this season and so far my general rooting interest conclusions:

-I am hopelessly enthralled with Lando Norris and I want nothing but the best for the precious boy
-Lewis Hamilton terrifies me and I'm pretty sure he's an alien robot or something
-lol Ferrari
-A plague on the Stroll family and all their works

Do I have this about right?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lol yes

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

and that Redbull's second driver since Big Dan left will always be a fraud

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think it makes sense to give the full time driver more points than the replacement in a vacuum but it looks really bad when the normal driver is the son of the guy who owns the team and when that move maybe costs the team constructors points. Hulk could have at least fought for P5 the last two laps given he was routinely 2 seconds up on Lance

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
god job by frog man, q2 with hard tyres and straight up speed in the race.
bottas is so bad holy poo poo
good job charles, gently caress off and retire now vettel.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

wtf kind of weird threat is that emirates ad?

Dubai is open. See you soon. *heavy breathing*

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sky obviously trying to Celebrate 70 years of lovely British GPs by looking like German farmers

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The Hulk thing makes sense to me, the team aren't inclined to care about his points total, just the teams and the permanent drivers' points. Stroll getting 2 extra points could matter at the end of the season for a position in the WDC, Hulk might not race again this season.

It's not like they "stole" a podium off him, so as lovely as it is for the team, it's the correct decision for the team.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Carrier posted:

its nepotism

Idk next you'll be telling me jos pulled strings for max!!!!!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

do we think Vettel is sooooo bad because his ability has declined drastically or is it also possible that the current Ferrari is intentionally designed for Sharl , which makes certain aspects much harder for lil Seb?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

BWV posted:

do we think Vettel is sooooo bad because his ability has declined drastically or is it also possible that the current Ferrari is intentionally designed for Sharl , which makes certain aspects much harder for lil Seb?

Yes

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I think seb just wants to grill for god's sake

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hulkenberg currently 14th in the drivers standings.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

Seb was awful with cars designed for him the past few years

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wishing mag finished the job on that bump

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Ferrari just don't give a gently caress about Vettel any more and a) it shows but also b) they're right.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

pik_d posted:

The Hulk thing makes sense to me, the team aren't inclined to care about his points total, just the teams and the permanent drivers' points. Stroll getting 2 extra points could matter at the end of the season for a position in the WDC, Hulk might not race again this season.

It's not like they "stole" a podium off him, so as lovely as it is for the team, it's the correct decision for the team.

Do WDC points matter outside of winning the title, though? I thought only total WCC points matter in regard to money, position of the pitbox etc.

Speaking of pitbox position: has the ruling changed? Because they seemed to be all over the place today (haven't really paid attention during the last races), instead of in WCC order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I mean driver points matter if you want leverage for contract or salary negotiation but Stroll already has the most leverage out of anyone for obvious reasons