Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

7c Nickel posted:

Long Hog Dad! Longer than you think!

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
30 to 40 mile feral hog

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I recently discovered Kenshi so I'm looking at the mods for it on Nexus and the Workshop and there are so, so, so many mods that do nothing but make it so women don't become more muscular when their strength goes up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Women having biceps is the single most unrealistic thing in video games.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh gently caress this woman who can literally run 30 miles per hour has abs get that poo poo out of here!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh gently caress this woman who can literally run 30 miles per hour has abs get that poo poo out of here!

Some dweeb posted some background clutter from Last of Us 2 claiming a character didn't work out her arms enough to have visible muscle definition.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Women having biceps is the single most unrealistic thing in video games.

I have the opposite problem since I like JRPGs, I think everyone should be Ryu or Kiryu shaped if their only way of interacting with the world is with fighting stuff. If you can beat a giant and you're not a mage, you should look like Bruce Lee under your armor dammit! :argh:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Skwirl posted:

Some dweeb posted some background clutter from Last of Us 2 claiming a character didn't work out her arms enough to have visible muscle definition.

It's not lore friendly!!!!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

And yet no one has anything to say about the Ms. Trunchbull and The Great Khali sized Seraphites you fight throughout the game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They misread the lore because they didn't understand a simple workout schedule.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKb7DYzmEbk

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/4119

Finally some good fuckin' mods

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RareAcumen posted:

I have the opposite problem since I like JRPGs, I think everyone should be Ryu or Kiryu shaped if their only way of interacting with the world is with fighting stuff. If you can beat a giant and you're not a mage, you should look like Bruce Lee under your armor dammit! :argh:

Or even if you are, because you still need to be able to take a punch like a champ.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skwirl posted:

They misread the lore because they didn't understand a simple workout schedule.
you have to count the sunday twice.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Eh, she's pretty obviously frankensteined with body and head being different people. If lore-friendliness was the goal they would have to mod the face to have jaw and neck muscles she'd get by lifting and reduce cheek fat.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't she literally loving shoot war bows all day?

Like with the kind of draw strength they can detect the wear and musculature of centuries old skeletons?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

marshmallow creep posted:

I recently discovered Kenshi so I'm looking at the mods for it on Nexus and the Workshop and there are so, so, so many mods that do nothing but make it so women don't become more muscular when their strength goes up.

If you find a mod that adds more muscle definition, call me :biglips:

(Isn't there a smiley that combines wink and wmwink? Wanted to use that one.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Side note: did they ever fix that thing in Kenshi where raiders cant figure out how to leave a settlement theyre raiding so they just stand there forever and you have to start over? That happened to me three games in a row last tome I played and I just want to build a town dammit :smith:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Like with the kind of draw strength they can detect the wear and musculature of centuries old skeletons?

Gonna bet the dude who didn't think farm work builds meaningful muscles also doesn't realize that firing bows is at all physically demanding.

Danaru posted:

Side note: did they ever fix that thing in Kenshi where raiders cant figure out how to leave a settlement theyre raiding so they just stand there forever and you have to start over? That happened to me three games in a row last tome I played and I just want to build a town dammit :smith:

Just build in the fog islands and you'll never get raiders again!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
loving blows my mind how dumb gamer dudes are sometimes. Buff ladies are not only possible, they are the future!

Also here's a video with a dude shooting a dang 200 lb bow. Bows often get relegated to "light attack" role in fantasy gaming, and that poo poo needs to go because they were shooting 160+ lb longbows directly at soldiers, not loosing volleys across a plain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxdTkddHaE

Arrows are loving scary as gently caress on the receiving end.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 9, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wasabi the J posted:

Conan can push a mill whilee living on slave food and get bodybuilder shredded but a woman with a fully functional gym and plenty of food cant get buff.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Well, they have tons of food and access to gyms and they aren't in shape.

Clearly, it's :biotruths: and not a lack of any effort.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Wasabi the J posted:

loving blows my mind how dumb gamer dudes are sometimes. Buff ladies are not only possible, they are the future!

I'm giggling unfairly at how there's no difference between flex and not flex

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That's her secret. She is ALWAYS flexing.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

TGLT posted:

Gonna bet the dude who didn't think farm work builds meaningful muscles also doesn't realize that firing bows is at all physically demanding.

But all my video games and RPGs say bows are for nimble, slender archers!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

i am tim! posted:

But all my video games and RPGs say bows are for nimble, slender archers!

Same reason why womz are always snipers instead of frontline infantry in science fiction! Because .50 cal sniper rifles can be shot from the hip and conveniently keep them far away from any dangerous up close fighting that smears their makeup!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Also here's a video with a dude shooting a dang 200 lb bow. Bows often get relegated to "light attack" role in fantasy gaming, and that poo poo needs to go because they were shooting 160+ lb longbows directly at soldiers, not loosing volleys across a plain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxdTkddHaE

Arrows are loving scary as gently caress on the receiving end.

To train a longbowman, start with his grandfather.

(Also yes, drawing a bow is a good arm workout)

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 9, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Did someone say muscular women in Kenshi?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I always find it amusing when I see musclegirl mods for games like Skyrim or Fallout because they're like "okay, so just because I want my girls to be jacked doesn't mean I have to give up on giving them STONKING GREAT TITS" and then they slap a pair of giant breasts on top and give the breasts their own musculature. the muscles have muscles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if titty but made of bicep?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I always find it amusing when I see musclegirl mods for games like Skyrim or Fallout because they're like "okay, so just because I want my girls to be jacked doesn't mean I have to give up on giving them STONKING GREAT TITS" and then they slap a pair of giant breasts on top and give the breasts their own musculature. the muscles have muscles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALHxFOP4dI

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Conan can push a mill whilee living on slave food and get bodybuilder shredded but a woman with a fully functional gym and plenty of food cant get buff.

I thought Conan ate the other wheel pushers for protein?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

OwlFancier posted:

What if titty but made of bicep?

Go on...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What if titty butt made of bicep?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Same reason why womz are always snipers instead of frontline infantry in science fiction! Because .50 cal sniper rifles can be shot from the hip and conveniently keep them far away from any dangerous up close fighting that smears their makeup!

"women=snipers" is probably because of the famous Russian female snipers from WW2.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Skwirl posted:

"women=snipers" is probably because of the famous Russian female snipers from WW2.

Oh it absolutely is, but again that was Russian propaganda. I don't want to take anything away from the accomplishments of those snipers, but they were put as far back from frontline fighting as possible for a very real and sexist reason.

Science Fiction depictions also definitely weren't helped by Heinlein's "women are the pilots because they've got better reaction times" nonsense he wrote in Starship Troopers. It's been a thing in fiction to completely fall into the blind spot of stratifying the various roles genders play within allegedly egalitarian societies. Women are in the military! But only on the comms. They're on active combat duty! But only as snipers. They're pilots! But not squadron leaders. You never saw a female redshirt get horribly killed on Star Trek TOS and the Bridge Bunny stereotype has been around just as long.

What I'm saying is thank god for Paul Verhoeven ripping apart frontline infantry with giant arachnids that have no regard for gender or sexualized violence.

It's been getting better, don't get me wrong, but there's a way to go before we can all die equally in the name of the God Emperor.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 10, 2020

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh it absolutely is, but again that was Russian propaganda. I don't want to take anything away from the accomplishments of those snipers, but they were put as far back from frontline fighting as possible for a very real and sexist reason.

Uhhh...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

They saw combat, yes. They died in combat. They were more valuable to the Soviet propaganda machine to encourage women to support the war effort in non combat roles. The Red Army did have contingency plans to put more and more women into direct combat roles, but it wasn't a priority when they had millions and millions of able bodied males to put in uniform. Again, Russian women in combat are exceptional, emphasis on exception. There were thousands of women fighting in an army of millions. The Night Witches flew bombers, there were tank drivers and infantry commanders and event a volunteer rifle brigade (that conveniently got disbanded after the NKVD took control and arrested the CO).

Again, not discounting anything they did. But it did play into the notion and mentality that if women fight, they do it from a distance rather than in the nasty business of a direct infantry assault.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind talking about this with people who know more than I do over in the MilHist thread and not cause more of a derail. Games and movies and books that have fighting women make them archers or magicians or snipers and treat them as dainty. Crazy modders with tit spikes and fiveheads doubly so.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 10, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kassandra from Assassins Creed: Odyssey is a character in a recent work that avoided that, and she's crazy popular. Partly because people find it so refreshing I suppose.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Arcsquad12 posted:

They saw combat, yes. They died in combat. They were more valuable to the Soviet propaganda machine to encourage women to support the war effort in non combat roles. The Red Army did have contingency plans to put more and more women into direct combat roles, but it wasn't a priority when they had millions and millions of able bodied males to put in uniform. Again, Russian women in combat are exceptional, emphasis on exception. There were thousands of women fighting in an army of millions. The Night Witches flew bombers, there were tank drivers and infantry commanders and event a volunteer rifle brigade (that conveniently got disbanded after the NKVD took control and arrested the CO).

Again, not discounting anything they did. But it did play into the notion and mentality that if women fight, they do it from a distance rather than in the nasty business of a direct infantry assault.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind talking about this with people who know more than I do over in the MilHist thread and not cause more of a derail. Games and movies and books that have fighting women make them archers or magicians or snipers and treat them as dainty. Crazy modders with tit spikes and fiveheads doubly so.

I think the uhh is because you called it propaganda because the snipers acted like snipers.

Which makes sense as nothing you said has anything to do with the snipers and is just you flexing some stuff you picked up from some pop history book for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the uhh is because you called it propaganda because the snipers acted like snipers.

Which makes sense as nothing you said has anything to do with the snipers and is just you flexing some stuff you picked up from some pop history book for some reason

Well so much for my reading comprehension. Me idiot.

Okay, it's kinda hard to infer from single word responses. I thought he was going on my point about sexism and propaganda and thinking I was discrediting female combat roles in the Red Army. My bad. Sniper do what sniper do.

Like I said, maybe we talk about this in the Mil Hist thread. Otherwise I'm driving us off a cliff when there's bad mods to talk about.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 10, 2020