Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The Question IRL posted:

As someone on Twitter pointed out, if you look closely at the eyes of the Superman in that image you can see cracks around the skin.

Either Superman is getting some Kryptonian crows feet, or that’s a Bizzaro.

Also seeing this game reminds me that they planted the seed for this game in a post credit sequence for Arkham Origins of all places.

Was coming here to post this theory. Dunno though, people REALLY seemed to want a Arkham style Superman game, the advertising having it be Suicide Squad just comes across like "HAHA, GOTCHA!" I hope it's good, but unless James Gunn's movie WOWs me I've never really cared about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Sad Deathstroke ain't on the team especially after Origins stinger

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Let Ron Funches voice King Shark you absolute cowards

I said this in some thread. As far as I'm concerned he is to King Shark what Hamill is to the Joker. Go back and dub him into the Flash episodes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sad Deathstroke ain't on the team especially after Origins stinger

It's being made by Rocksteady who have never acknowledged that game even exists, yet alone that it's something they consider canon. I don't think you can assume anything based on this game from Origins.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's being made by Rocksteady who have never acknowledged that game even exists, yet alone that it's something they consider canon. I don't think you can assume anything based on this game from Origins.

I mean, they did acknowledge it in AK tho? The Evidence Room?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Plus they acknowledge it in the Firefly chases.

Andrew_Jackson5
Jan 9, 2015

what a web sight

Yeah, they made some weird comments about Origins basically saying they didn't have much to do with it but Arkham Knight references it an Extremely Normal amount.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was thinking more of it being totally absent from the Arkham Collection they put out with the other games.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Codependent Poster posted:

Rocksteady heard the people excited to play as Superman and the Flash and Wonder Woman and NOW you can play as:

Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and El Diablo.

https://twitter.com/Prince__Kratos/status/1291732999290138624

This game wasn't really on my radar, but if I can play as King Shark then I'm into it.

Especially if he's characterised like and looks like he is and does in the Harley Quinn cartoon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I was thinking more of it being totally absent from the Arkham Collection they put out with the other games.

Also when AK was coming out they called it the finale in the Arkham trilogy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Question IRL posted:

As someone on Twitter pointed out, if you look closely at the eyes of the Superman in that image you can see cracks around the skin.

Either Superman is getting some Kryptonian crows feet, or that’s a Bizzaro.

Also seeing this game reminds me that they planted the seed for this game in a post credit sequence for Arkham Origins of all places.

Looks like some cold fog coming from his eyes too.

The government making a Bizarro, and using the Suicide Squad to clean it up sounds like something that probably happened already.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The leaked description is that Waller sends the Suicide Squad after the Justice League because they don't like what she's doing.

It's possible it's wrong, but people are thinking the leaks are legit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And that's still as dumb as it was in the movie because he's the Man of Steel, and they're some guys with guns.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You could make a fun comic where ambushing Superman is built up like a heist. It wouldn't work, but it would be fun to see all the planning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Id enjoy the squad at 2an, surrounded by empty boxes of chinese food, trying to get lex luthor into a zoom call to ask if he can make them a kryptonite net

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

You could make a fun comic where ambushing Superman is built up like a heist. It wouldn't work, but it would be fun to see all the planning.

A heist of the Fortress of Solitude could work, with the rest of the levels involving getting into places that have the tools needed for the heist

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 9, 2020

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't this an episode of Samurai Jack?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

And that's still as dumb as it was in the movie because he's the Man of Steel, and they're some guys with guns.

If the Team leaks are correct, then Enchantress, Cheetah and King Shark can sort of threaten him. Shark is a powerful demigod who was originally a Superboy villain, Cheetah's claws and fangs can slice through any material (In comics she was able to slice Superman's skin as if he were a normal human.) And Superman has no defence against Enchantresses magic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly of the list the one it seems hardest to justify actually hurting Superman is Harley Quinn.

Deadshot is a super assassin and if he could get high-powered weapons or kryptonite or something he'd probably be a serious threat.
Cheetah is a Wonder Woman villain and able to keep up with her which means she is a tremendous threat.
El Diablo, King Shark and Enchantress all have magic to some degree or another.
Captain Boomerang literally takes on a guy so fast he breaks reality on a regular basis and sometimes comes out ahead + trick boomerangs or something.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'd be ok with Suicide Squad vs Justice League and you end the game like the Darth Vader fight at the end of Fallen Order only it's against a pissed off Superman

cause you killed Krypto gently caress it let me be a bad guy!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

If the Team leaks are correct, then Enchantress, Cheetah and King Shark can sort of threaten him. Shark is a powerful demigod who was originally a Superboy villain, Cheetah's claws and fangs can slice through any material (In comics she was able to slice Superman's skin as if he were a normal human.) And Superman has no defence against Enchantresses magic.

The Rebirth Cheetah's powers are magical in nature now, so Superman would be vulnerable to her in general.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They've got a new trailer for the GI Joe game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1j4lhpCmgo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0JZkexXzbCR3Cd5xxdcUkLL7uURR3blBARZo55WAm7Xg29Zzw-DISt1Jc

I'm guessing they, uh, saved some money on the voice acting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

They've got a new trailer for the GI Joe game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1j4lhpCmgo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0JZkexXzbCR3Cd5xxdcUkLL7uURR3blBARZo55WAm7Xg29Zzw-DISt1Jc

I'm guessing they, uh, saved some money on the voice acting.

Who's making it?

Looks like it could maybe be an okay budget game for couch co-op, assuming we ever get to have friends sit on our couch again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Who's making it?

Looks like it could maybe be an okay budget game for couch co-op, assuming we ever get to have friends sit on our couch again.

GameMill Entertainment, who I'm not familiar with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

GameMill Entertainment, who I'm not familiar with.

That's a name that inspires confidence in the quality of the game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're mostly a shovelware developer. They made the pretty bad Nickelodeon Kart Racers and uh frickin' Big Rigs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

They're mostly a shovelware developer. They made the pretty bad Nickelodeon Kart Racers and uh frickin' Big Rigs.

Yeah, looks like a bog standard over the shoulder shooter with probably each character getting a unique special attack they can do when some sort of meter fills up.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
It looks like Agents of Mayhem which was basically G.I.Joe with a new coat of paint.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Clamknuckle posted:

It looks like Agents of Mayhem which was basically G.I.Joe with a new coat of paint.

A damming indictment, if true.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

God, I wish Agents of Mayhem had been a good game, and not a boondoggle that seems to have functionally killed one of the more fun development houses in the business.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 13, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Still insane to me that they misjudged their own success and audience that badly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

God, I wish Agents of Mayhem had been a good game, and not a boondoggle that seems to have functionally killed one of the more fun development houses in the business.

Right? I was onboard with 'GI Joe but leaning into the lunacy' but then they gave us one of the most boring open worlds possible and enough reused maps to make Dragon Age II look like the Witcher 3. I wonder if that was the goal or something behind the scenes kneecapped them.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It was clearly early on part of the goal of AoM was to break out of their semi-niche audience and appeal to a wider age range that had previously been put off by all the dildos and memes, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but... man, once they dropped the dildos and memes they just had nothing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was super pumped for Agents of Mayhem and it would have been a great game if they had finished it instead of making GBS threads out a half completed game. I actually pre-ordered it because of how much I liked Saint's Row 4. Between that and Darksiders 3 I don't pre order anymore

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I thought Agents of Mayhem was some sorta hero shooter in the Saint's Row universe

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

I thought Agents of Mayhem was some sorta hero shooter in the Saint's Row universe

It's vaguely related to it (one of the endings of Gat out of Hell has him becoming a cop in a world rebuilt by God, and that's this universe) but most references are just hints and such. I think it was meant to launch a new franchise and boy howdy did they fail. RIP Deep Silver.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

It's vaguely related to it (one of the endings of Gat out of Hell has him becoming a cop in a world rebuilt by God, and that's this universe) but most references are just hints and such. I think it was meant to launch a new franchise and boy howdy did they fail. RIP Deep Silver.

It does feel like 'Stilwater AU.' Pierce is shown to be effective when he's not surrounded by people who go 'lol whatever' when he tries to come up with a plan and was running the original three gangs from the first game* when the Cobra analogue whose name I forget tried to take over.

*Vice Kings, Los Carnales and the West Side Rollerz, because some things you can't forget no matter how hard you try.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Agents of Mayhem really seemed like a game where they spent a lot of time and money on pre-production but when it was time to actually make the game they ran out of cash and just had to throw something together. The game is just chockablock full of repeated content with very few unique missions.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Agents of Mayhem really seemed like a game where they spent a lot of time and money on pre-production but when it was time to actually make the game they ran out of cash and just had to throw something together. The game is just chockablock full of repeated content with very few unique missions.

It also just feels bad to play. The saints row games never had the tightest shooting or movement but the ridiculousness covered a lot of that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I've always thought it was a passion project for someone. They had the character ideas and pitched it successfully. I really do like the idea of it but it was just not fleshed out enough. Plus it really lacked in multiplayer content.